Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? (25977 Views)

Nigerian Nurses In The UK Embroiled In Qualification Scandal / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Coronavirus: Nurses In Enugu Protest Over Lack Of Medical Equipment For Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Kimkardashain(f): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

Yeah, lady. Though, a little self control on the doctor's part would have been perfect.
yea you're right.
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by spreado(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

Yeah, lady. Though, a little self control on the doctor's part would have been perfect.
I cant blame the doctor for what he did. While my bro was in the hospital abandoned by the nurse and doctor, some stupid doctors that call themselves lecturer came in and start appointing my unconscious bro to her student as a case study for their projects and the stupid doctor pricked him with her pen then he started convulsing.. The yeye doctor could have known not to do that if there was a nurse to tell her that stimulating him causes convulsion.

Na drag them drag me comot A&E that day. Stupid nurse and reluctant doctors
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by TheArchangel(f): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
skillsbaba:

That's a big lie. In cases of emergency documentation is not needed before proceeding with treatment
You must be in limbo to believe what you just wrote.
Take for instance, UBTH were they dont have any emergency supplies to treat patients, so in case of an emergency y'all will be shouting at the nurse or doctor to do some magic and when you are told nothing is available or asked to pay for it before commencing treatment you will start looking for whom to beat up.

I am done with this country. I pity those who are still here practicing.

Imagine thqt mgt will make the rules that no patient will be treated without a card and then turn around to ask why were they not treated and making the frontline professionals look like witches and bloodsuckers. Thunder fire them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by ChristyB(f): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
May God deliver your brain from failure.. And so it's only in Rivers state that nurses behave badly?
at times i just wonder how people wey God create no go digest information well but are quick, very quick to respond.Now clap for yourself, your comment was nicely posted on nairaland.

genghiskhan007:

When their Governor's name is Wiked, what do u expect from their staff in Government?
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by jiinxed: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kimkardashain:
when i did an operation in my tummy. the nurse assigned to me was a witch, she kept on pulling the stitched area in the name of loosing it. and i was there bleeding profusely. thank God for our family doctor who came in and saw how weak i was. she gave the stupid nurse a thunderous slap to reset her brain to factory unit.
i ended up having blood transfusion.

Lie small small.

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by nairanaira12: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
spreado:

I cant blame the doctor for what he did. While my bro was in the hospital abandoned by the nurse and doctor, some stupid doctors that call themselves lecturer came in and start appointing my unconscious bro to her student as a case study for their projects and the stupid doctor pricked him with her pen then he started convulsing.. The yeye doctor could have known not to do that if there was a nurse to tell her that stimulating him causes convulsion.

Na drag them drag me comot A&E that day. Stupid nurse and reluctant doctors

grin grin. Don't fight over what you don't understand, bro. It is the norm in teaching hospitals

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Mrkumareze(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Just avoid government owned hospitals, it's generally everywhere in Nigeria. Just look for a Good cheap private owned hospital and mission own hospitals. They do better . May your daughters healing be permanent .
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Go to LASUTH for tourism on bigger and daytime flying witches
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by vineyardfarms: 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
beejay247:
May God help us in this country angry Most things aren't just working cry

More reason I try to have a cordial relationship with different people in different professions...

You just have to know someone to easily survive in this country sad sad

MOST ARE EITHER CHRISTIAN OR MOSLEM. WHERE IS THERE MORAL AS HEALTH PRACTITIONERS AND OATH OF CONDUCT

POLITICS HAS DESTROYED THE MORAL OF GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON US.
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by wawale(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
The issue is not those nurses but us:have we sue 1?have we written NMA over attitude of 1?we need to teach 1 lesson.we really do but my point is we don't know the power we have

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by spreado(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

grin grin. Don't fight over what you don't understand, bro. It is the norm in teaching hospitals
What i dont know? He was my brother, instead of treating him, he was being assigned as a case study cheesy those peaple sha.

She made this comment to one her student 'no need for you to travel to North, you will use him as your case study' grin
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Yahami(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
its quiet unfortunate we get yourself into these mess, I can assure you the so call Nurse you are talking about are never a professional. A nurse is a calling profession that has all the charisma it takes to save life irrespective of your tribe, religion, status and many more.
the problem the nurses have in Nigeria is that they have allowed unwholesome element to infiltrate them, and this are bad eggs which are cancerous to the profession and to get rid of them it must start from the profession itself....
Not everyone that put on white are Nurses beware there is nothing like Auxiliary nurses in Nursing profession let say No to quackery in Nursing profession Madam congrats for the life of your baby.
NB: The person you see to be a nurse is never a Nurse by profession if you Cates to know what I'm saying go back and request for her license you have every right to see license of professional nurses who is attending to you or attend to your wards
Say no to Quackery in Hospital, its the causes of 40-45% death cases in the hospital

3 Likes

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by nairanaira12: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
spreado:

What i dont know? He was my brother, instead of treating him, he was being assigned as a case study cheesy those peaple sha.

She made this comment to one her student 'no need for you to travel to North, you will use him as your case study' grin

Can you imagine. Na their way sha
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Filmewell(f): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
kingsamm:
I see it's a general situation..
Throwback to last year when my brother had to undergo an emergency surgery.
We went to the hospital around 5-6am cos it was really severe... We got to hospital and the crazy nurses said if we dint have a registration card, they wouldn't lay a finger on him regardless of how my Bro was gritting in agony.... Good thing was my uncle owned the hospital... All we did was just put a call across to him.. If it wasn't for the severity of the issue, I would have really laughed at the way he scolded the nurses..

But I wonder why they like this tho' they should be able to see when a case is critical.... attend to it and forget all the Bleep all the documentation... Isn't saving lives the primary goal
How much do you think nurses receive. When they treat without payment and the patient eventually cannot pay my brother is the nurses months salary. And treating a patient with severe health problems is in hundreds of thousands.then the nurse and her family suffers. Everything is not white and black in the real world.
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by oz4real83(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Our public officials dont patronise our public health facilities so how will they know what is going on there? Imagine a commissioner or minister of health patronising a private hospital or even a foreign hospital! That is abnormal! Not until it becomes a law punishable by death that all public individuals MUST patronise public schools,hospital,transportation and other public facilities with their families without special treatment,we will still remain where we are!
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by forghon: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
hatchy:
Stupid post from a subhuman.

Must everything be done based on money?
Where is your humanity for God sake?

You need to be taken back to the stone age because people like you are the cause the black race have remained where it is for centuries even after he has encountered a superior knowledge he ought to move along side by side.

Animal in human form!
thank you i pray one day u ll get this it seems urs is missing nd next pls brush ur teeth is like u re having halitosis

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by spreado(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
nairanaira12:

Can you imagine. Na their way sha
Them been de pray mke he nor well mke their student write project on meningitis but God pass them

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by forghon: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
sniperr007:

Its not about pay. Where dey forced to become nurses.

Its their attitude to work. And cos the doctors or hospital management r not strict on them. If they start firing nurses for their clumsy attitude. They will upgrade.

sir pls check the salaries of nurses working in developed countries, y re ur senators very serious wen it comes to sitting do u knw y? Dey re packing 40mil every month. Pay any nurse nothing less dan 150k nd see wonders.
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by Quinnlee: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
skillsbaba:

That's a big lie. In cases of emergency documentation is not needed before proceeding with treatment

its not a lie... I was in a hospital lately and a lady was rushed in at midnight, she was bleeding profusely and the doctor refused to attend to her until they paid for card.....this was a private hospital
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
My friend, shuttup!
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by diggz: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
Josephjnr:
From the way she narrated this,I noticed some things and learnt some lessons.

1. She is a rude person.
2.She never really pointed out the crime or malpractice of the nurses.
3.Manners count in all situations.
4. Some people naturally hate others for no obvious reason.
5. No human is completely perfect.

NB: the most dedicated and hard working professionals in Nigeria today are clinicians.

Wtf!! If she's rude.....so fvcking what? Is that enough reason to neglect the child, so she can bleed to death? Please and please... angry angry
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by TEYA: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
hpymoment:
That's what happens when they employ auxiliary nurse's instead of a well qualified trained ones. Thank God for his grace upon that child.
A wicked nurse is a wicked nurse wether auxiliary or whatever

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kimkardashain:
when i did an operation in my tummy. the nurse assigned to me was a witch, she kept on pulling the stitched area in the name of loosing it. and i was there bleeding profusely. thank God for our family doctor who came in and saw how weak i was. she gave the stupid nurse a thunderous slap to reset her brain to factory unit.
i ended up having blood transfusion.

Liar liar
Pants on fire!
You lie too much

The person that attended to you was a quack not a nurse
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=nairanaira12 post=60847798]

That's unprofessional of the doctor. How dare him slap a nurse? [/qu

She is lying jare

We both know it's not possible

Except its a doctor and a quack!

1 Like

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
libertyhope2017:
Now people are discovering about nurses' they are all the same around the world. Nurses are one of the most wicked sets of human beings on this planet. Go and research female serial killers...over 70% of them are nurses. They are stressed out, work alot and unhappy. They have also seen a lot of deaths and people in their worst shape and form, in that, when you show up, no matter how in pain you are in, they don't give a damn. A friend told me yrs back that he doesn't date nurses or women in the medical field. I couldn't understand why until I dated one a few yrs...same problem with two of them, then I knew it wasn't me bu them. I 'm speaking in generality; don't mean all nurses.

Shut up sir
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
TEYA:

Not an excuse to be wicked to patients

I know you'll talk rubbish

Mumu
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Omalichaa2:

Big lie abeg! Most nurses in general hospitals are just too terrible, wat happen to them calling the doctor/superior attention on time rather than sitting still and opening mouth, u can hardly see sympathy in them. Or may b they are taught more to b relunctant.I think wen eva they change into their white and are at it hospital they remove their conscience and feel they have arrived. Their wickedness and rudeness is inbuilt, Nothing like stressed out cos even early In the morning they are still same way, they beta change bfore God will start striking them. I personally have stopped regarding them, if u answer me anyhow, I must give u one take home word too, who cares. Nd to think they are usually quiet young sef tshewwwwww....do private hosp nurses have 2 heads
P.s for God sake everyman has got to have a registered card in a good and fair private hospItal in case of emergency nd wen u have the whole day/notin urgent u seek govt hosp care

What is this one blabbering now
It is until people like you get killed from quacks!
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by FreeConCiencE: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Victorclean1:
Don't mind this complainant. If those nurses were also given an opportunity to express the own version of the story, it will shock you will notice a whole different story. Some mothers were very abusive, wicked and constantly cantabking. Who made the law that without folder, you won't see Dr is to be blame. Guess is the same doctor. Nurses were trained to follow rules and regulations given to them by the hospital management. Being angry and shouting online is never the solution. Focus your anger on the authority that created the rule(no folder no consultation. Madam be wise and stop insulting a noble profession. THANKS

No law says documentation before attending to emergency cases. You have to attend to emergency cases before documentation. Don't justify non-charlant attitude towards patients
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by DALE917(f): 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
sniperr007:

Its not about pay. Where dey forced to become nurses.

Its their attitude to work. And cos the doctors or hospital management r not strict on them. If they start firing nurses for their clumsy attitude. They will upgrade.

Because doctors are not strict on them?

This one is mad sha

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by x6blade(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Intellad:
thats how this male doctor neglect my health issue and concentrate only on my big ass.... Nigeria is finished... thank god I'm out of that country
your big ass? Are you gay?
Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by TheArchangel(f): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
diggz:

Wtf!! If she's rude.....so fvcking what? Is that enough reason to neglect the child, so she can bleed to death? Please and please... angry angry
You must be really mad to be rude to someone that can make or mar you. What da fvck embarassed Nigerians are really mad.

Some people are even saying they will beat the person up, what the heck? If you touch that person, then bye bye to mother earth then cos you dont value your life or relatives life either.

2 Likes

Re: Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? by TheArchangel(f): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
FreeConCiencE:

No law says documentation before attending to emergency cases. You have to attend to emergency cases before documentation. Don't justify non-charlant attitude towards patients
You must be in limbo to believe what you just wrote.

He is here talking about LAWS.....bua hahahaha. The lawmakers make a law, the CMDs and the board of mgt makes theirs and then the internet warriors will be blaming the footsoldiers....nurses and doctors....... undecided undecided
In ideal situation you are right but in Nigeria. ?..you are WRONG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) / Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.