Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) (25983 Views)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello dearest Members of Nairaland Forum and awesome guests! I believe you had a great day.

In this post, I will share my experience at Federal Teaching Hospital (FTH), Gombe with you and I promise to make it short and simple.

I have slight pain in one of my ears due to accumulated wax and I never wanted to use cotton buds to remove the wax nor clean the ear due to what experts do say about it. This has resulted to the temporary blockage of the affected ear. cry cry

I went to complain to my office's doctor on Tuesday and he gave me some drugs but told me to come back after 2 days should in case the ear didn't open. I used the drugs accordingly and the pain was gone but the ear remains blocked temporarily.

Using my own wisdom, I went to the Federal Teaching Hospital (FTH), Gombe for the removal of ear wax and cleaning of the ear today (Thursday) but without the knowledge of my doctor. The nurses I met at FTH, Gombe said that I can't see the consultant until a doctor has referred me to the unit. This was around 12noon.

I rushed down to meet my doctor and I explained everything to him. He then referred me immediately to FTH. I left his office around 12:40pm.

Around 1: 15pm, I was at the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) unit of Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe to give them the letter so that they can attend to me. To my ultimate surprise they told me that they have closed for the day and that they are not coming tomorrow (Friday) that I should come back on Monday.

These nurses were on sit chatting but refused to attend to me.

I know that working in Government Hospitals can be tiring and challenging due to the number of patients they attend to per day.

I was very sad that I returned with blocked ear. cry cry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by aluko360(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sorry bro.
There are clinic days in Federal government hospitals across the country.

The clinic days for ENT patients at the Federal Teaching Hospital in my area are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
aluko360:
Sorry bro.
There are clinic days in Federal government hospitals across the country.

The clinic days for ENT patients at the Federal Teaching Hospital in my area are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Thank you Sir.
They didn't even tell me anything.
They only said that they've closed for the day and they won't come tomorrow (Friday) until Monday.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by BigVawulence: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
My own question is "what if there was emergency won't they attend to the patient?

These government hospitals self...

Sorry bro.

All I know is that Tinubu won't near Aso Rock come 2023.

Big vawulence on the beat....

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by aluko360(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Thank you Sir.
They didn't even tell me anything.
They only said that they've closed for the day and they won't come tomorrow (Friday) until Monday.

Sorry about that.
Try to the there early on Monday before the consultant close for the day.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by LoveTalk(f): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Sorry dear.
I don't even know what to say since it's up North.

Using of Cotton buds to clean the ear is not advisable at all.

And please don't be sad.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
aluko360:

Sorry about that.
Try to the there early on Monday before the consultant close for the day.
Okay Sir.
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
LoveTalk:

Sorry dear.

And please don't be sad.
Thank you sis.
It's been a while... I believe you're good.
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Damscodammy1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
I wont b surprise.4 skul sef pesin wan do registration.na shakara with a touch of mumu break.
9ja i hail thee!
sowie sir,thank God d condition nur bahd pas dat 1,naso u 4 stay stil monday

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Protein0: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
BigVawulence:
My own question is "what if there was emergency won't they attend to the patient?

These government hospitals self...

Sorry bro.

All I know is that Tinubu won't near Aso Rock come 2023.

Big vawulence on the beat....
There is an Accident & Emergency unit that operates 24/7

29 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
lalasticlala what do you see to that?
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by iCauseTrouble: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please, if you can afford it, use a standard private hospital. I have lost hope on government hospitals years ago.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Emilokan1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
You're even lucky to have met someone on duty bro . Northern hospitals are upgraded poultries fit only for fowlsgrin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Splitmind: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Stop disturbing the hospital with your petty complaints

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by PrettyBolu(f): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Clinic days are the days you find doctors on seat. You should ask what their clinic days are.

In my opinion, clinic days should be stopped. Instead, more doctors should be hired with good and encouraging compensation. Then a roster will be made. Doctors should be available on a daily basis.

Meanwhile, OP, you said you did not clean your ear for so long while the wax built up. When the wax was building in your ear and it was itching you, how did you cope?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by VeryWickedMan: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
RIP in advance abeg I don't want to know what happened

1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Seniorwriter(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hospitals in Nigeria areost less equipped..
If you want to spend less on medics use HMO.

@Seniorwriter
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Edutag: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
FOR BOTH MALE AND FE

Hello, are you interested in buying or having intravenous sessions of Glutax and TAD brand of Glutathione whitening injections in Nigeria but don't know where to get it from? Do you want glowing halfcaste looking skin from inside out? Tired of buying different creams only to go back to your natural Color or develop dark knuckles & knees? Why not treat your skin the way the Stars in Hollywood & the USA music industry do it. They use lightening glutathione injections not creams. No cream will give you this all over even effect. Some of The people who sell creams take these injections, get that lovely halfcaste look then post their photos on Instagram to sell their creams. They won't tell you its Glutathione injection that did the magic because the want you to keep buying their cream. I have in stock TAD 600, GLUTAX 35GS, GLUTAX 100GS & GLUTAX600GS for sale at SLIDEIN SALOON DAWAKI ABUJA  Free delivery within Abuja. All other states delivery cost is N1000 extra. Please do not call if you have not researched this product or Glutathione via at least a google search to educate yourself about its benefits. I will only take calls from "serious buyers". Thank you for your understanding. Offer valid while stocks last.
CALL OR WHATSAPP US ON THE NUMBER BELOW

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
LoveTalk:

Sorry dear.

And please don't be sad.

What is the best way to do so? I'm curious

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
BD, huh??

That’s a bust down
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Stanislause94: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Go to any pharmacy and buy hydrogen peroxide , put the liquid in your ear and leave in the position for about 5 minutes before letting the liquid out. You’ll be fine had similar experience.

Lastly make sure you’re OBIdient to my instructions

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by inoki247: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
You think say na play wen Buhari go treat him ear infection for UK....

Make he go hospital for here make dem go tell Buhari say dem don close for the day or say Light no dey nd fuel no dey Gen wen dem dey work on old man ear mak he go turn deaf forever..

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
Nigerian nurses.....very unprofessional

[img]https://giffiles./216/216370.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
There is significant job to be done in terms of health care delivery and patient orientation.

It's sad that you have to see a consultant ENT surgeon for ear wax removal. Only a backward health system will entertain this. Nurses should be well able to do this at a general or private hospital.

Best thing to do for wax is to have Olive ear drop or bicarbonate drops to soften the wax for at least a week before attempting ear syringing. Syringing may fail if the wax is far too impacted. Sometimes the wax softeners alone is sufficient to dislodge the wax.

All the best on your journey

PonziHater

10 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Compliant(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Visit government hospital at your peril

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Mindlog: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
It is disturbing to imagine the number of avoidable deaths that may have occurred because of their mode of operation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by christejames(m): 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sorry
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
angry

Our system not functioning at all.. i lost a dear friend on Sunday after auto accident without cut on his flesh, jus internal bleeding n taking to 3 diff hospital in 3 diff towns in ondo [agbado - ikare - owo] [between 11am- 5pm bfr he passed on].

Don't get ur PVC..... GET UR PASSPORT cool

Chartey:

Sorry about your loss.

Internal bleeding is not "just". It's much more difficult to diagnose and treat than external bleeding which you can see.
I know... but good first aid would have bought one time.. now started intra state TOWN movement ... cry cry cry Tjazz lives on

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Mindlog: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Nigerian nurses.....very unprofessional

[img]https://giffiles./216/216370.gif[/img]

But when they relocate abroad they work like mad.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / Twitter User Shades Nigeria Over "World Class" Palestinian Hospital / Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.