Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) (39661 Views)

Gabe Okoye Runs For US Senate (Photos) / 2019 Presidency: PDP Leaders Serve Buhari Quit Notice At Ilorin Rally / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Celcius: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
OlaMiki:
go check the ursef for mirror u will that over sabi has already make mumu for public
This gibberish you typed, I hope its deliberate, because even by mistake this is far too low for you to be called a mumu, but rather be given a honorary certificate for outstanding mumuism.
I know you may not be smart to understand what I typed, SO GO SHOW YOUR NEIGHBORS TO READ FOR YOU.
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by LegitBoy(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
INEC cannot successfully recall Dino unless the leadership of the Senate really wants it. There is a big lacuna on the part of our law. For example the law stipulates that the process will be conclusive if the Senate president believes "in his opinion" that there are legitimate petitions.. .. This is the end of it because the law has already put it at the discretion of the leadership of the house. Believe me this is leading nowhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by iswallker(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
Celcius:

Why do we waste money on semi qualified slowpokes like these. Smart lawyers would have envisaged this alleged dodging and quickly approach the the court with the second option, which is to publish the notice in a national daily.
Dino has every reason to say INEC has doctored those file. But no need, 90 days don elapse.

which 90 days...
the count down is just starting sire... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Celcius: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
iswallker:

which 90 days...
the count down is just starting sire... grin
...in Ekweremadu's voice: "The recall process is Dead on Arrival."
I'll rather support PMB recall.
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by alagba333(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
missbeckykisses:
Please what is the meaning of recall

abeg who be dis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Celcius:

Why do we waste money on semi qualified slowpokes like these. Smart lawyers would have envisaged this alleged dodging and quickly approach the the court with the second option, which is to publish the notice in a national daily.
Dino has every reason to say INEC has doctored those file. But no need, 90 days don elapse.

I know everyone already debunked this atrocious argument but I have to aswell. The time doesn't elapse during court suits. Legally all action had to stop pending decision by court. It's like calling timeout and saying the clock is still running down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by bkool7(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
Celcius:

If e like, let it be all of Kogi. Publish it as the law provides. That is the law. I have never read anywhere INEC approach the court on the second option.
Let's not talk too much, the National Assembly would have still flung the process out when it comes to them to verify the legitimacy of the votes. I'm sure that's why they no even pay attention. I trust them.
INEC should concentrate on step to conducting conclusive elections.

Thats very funny

How many senators has the NA verified their election before?
They relied on the intetgrity and transparency of Inec to give them certificate of return to sit in the House.
Now, the law had changed ..abi? The must verify Inec's conduct before admitting its authensity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by bkool7(m): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
LegitBoy:
INEC cannot successfully recall Dino unless the leadership of the Senate really wants it. There is a big lacuna on the part of our law. For example the law stipulates that the process will be conclusive if the Senate president believes "in his opinion" that there are legitimate petitions.. .. This is the end of it because the law has already put it at the discretion of the leadership of the house. Believe me this is leading nowhere.

Let me show you how stupid this ur imaginary lacuna is.

What if its the Senate President thats being recall?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/10-steps-recall-senator-nigeria/

The steps are:
More than half of the registered voters in the
Senator’s senatorial district write, sign and send a
petition to the Chairman of the Independent
National Electoral Commission, INEC alleging
their loss of confidence in the senatorial

The petition must be signed, and arranged
according to polling units, wards, Local
Government Areas, and constituency.

INEC notifies the Senator sought to be recalled,
stating that it has received a petition for his or
her recall, if the petition is valid

INEC issues a public notice or announcement
stating the date, time and location of the
verification of signatures to the petition

INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the
designation. The signatories must be individuals
who appear on the voters’ register.

INEC conducts a referendum if more than one
half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified

INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the
minimum requirements for a referendum were
not met, if the number verified is less than one
half of the registered voters in that constituency.
The petition will therefore be dismissed.

INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of
receipt of the petition if the minimum
requirements for a referendum are met. The
referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on
whether the Senator should be recalled, and will
be decided by simple majority of the votes of the
persons registered to vote in that Senator’s
constituency.

If majority of the voters in the constituency vote
‘yes’ the Chairman of the INEC will send a
Certificate of Recall to the Senate President to
effect the recall.

The Senate President will show affected senator
the way out of the Senate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
alagba333:

abeg who be dis?
stop quoting me anyhow you cocksocker
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by stasius: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chai God if this works eeeh I will bless your name for ever.
That means we can start recalling all our thieves senators in the south east.

Thank God oooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
bkool7:

The steps are:

constituency.

effect the recall.

I wondered why people are excited about this? By the time they complete all the processes of recall, Dino would have served his full time! I don't trust Nigerians politicians I will not be surprised to see DINO and BELLO eating from the same plate tomorrow. Nigerians politicians only care about their selfish interests. I wonder why Nigerians are going for each other throat in their bid to support these thieving rogues!

1 Like

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Mouthgag: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
I don't give a fucck about dino. But I want him recalled. At least let's see how its done. Cos after dino, I'm coming for my senator. That fool must be recalled.

1 Like

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Nellybii: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
when are we going to recall the Fulani dullard

In your parents' minds now they will say they have an offspring. mtcheeeeeww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by mufadem2012: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
My guy Dino, long time I no hear ur voice. Hmm, som1 says when one hears his death day he will calm down. Let meet at d court for recall process.���

2 Likes

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nellybii:

In your parents' minds now they will say they have an offspring. mtcheeeeeww

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Kayrich(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Leave INEC alone to do there job. The most superior aspect of it is that his constituency has said they don't want him anymore. And there decision has to be respected.
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by lumeneng22: 12:39am On Sep 27, 2017
Finally , ajekuiya ni oje is going home. The witches in his village has came calling . We wish you safe journey back home.
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by linearity: 1:50am On Sep 27, 2017
Celcius:

I argue to become informed.
Ask a learned lawyer, no time for unnecessary argument.

There is no point waiting for a learned colleague to show what is in black and white. The Nigeria constitution is in the public domain, you can download a copy and verify yourself that the Senate has zero role to play in a Senator's recall process.

Please, disregard utterances from Senators, they often speak as if, they have almighty powers, consult the constitution, it is black and white.

1 Like

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by Nellybii: 3:37am On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=ELKHALIFAISIS post=60860950][/quote]

Is this your picture? . Oh such a striking resemblance with Daddy ohhhh how touching. Blood is indeed thicker than water.

1 Like

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2017
Nellybii:

Is this your picture? . Oh such a striking resemblance with Daddy ohhhh how touching. Blood is indeed thicker than water.

Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by baralatie(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2017
Celcius:

the I etc lawyers are doing everything legal
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by LegitBoy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
bkool7:

The steps are:

constituency.

effect the recall.

Ordinarily, I'm not supposed to dignify your quote with a response on here since you can't air your view without tantrums throwing, it is called an opinion for a reason since there is no settles law on it yet.

Section 69 of the constitution provides that:

(1) A member of the Senate or of the House Representatives may be recalled as such a member if-

(a)…

(b) the petition is thereafter, in a referendum conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission WITHIN NINETY DAYS OF THE DATE OF RECEIPT OF THE PETITION, approved by a simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that member’s constituency.

On the strength of this Dino’s recall is dead by effluxion of time because the 90 days within which he was to be recalled expired on the 23rd of September, 2017. Even the Court of law has no power to extend the time.

In the light of the foregoing, the only option left for Kogi electorates is to start the recall process all over again.

Please do ensure you have perused relevant laws before you recognized a "stupid" view next time. Shalom.
Re: INEC Serves Dino Melaye Recall Notice At The Senate (Photos) by successmatters(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28
How did Dino settle his pregnancy issue with Remi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari's Live Interview On NTA / Acheju Salome Abuh Buried In Kogi (Photos) / OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.