Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months (918 Views)

Fashola Denies Saying Power Can Be Fixed In 6 Months / One Term Not Enough To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Insists / How To Fix Nigeria In 72 Hours By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by unuane1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, Monday denied boasting that he could fix challenges in Nigeria’s power sector in six months.
Many Nigerians continue to mock the former Lagos governor over the comment.
President Muhammadu Buhari less than two years ago named Fashola as head of the ministry.
But the nation’s electricity generation and supply still dwindles​ and unreliable​, a situation the opposition and government critics use to mock the APC the Buhari led-administration.
But in a chat with Arise News, Fashola said he never said he could make the sector work in less than a year.
His words: “I remember where I made that statement, I did not say the words they said I said​. I was responding to residents who, after we commissioned a power plant in Lekki to serve the water works and street lights in Lekki and Victoria Island, asked me when they can get powers in their homes​.
“And my answer to them was that we would be encroaching the jurisdiction of the Disco without permit from NERC and that if NERC gave us the permission to provide power for them, the plant was there, connecting to them was a matter of six months.”
Fashola explained that the delay in the confirmation of the chairman-designate for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) was caused by the stalemate between the Senate and the executive over the interpretation of the powers of the president with regards to appointments into executive bodies not listed in the constitution.
Fashola said: “The role of the government in power has been largely limited. The role of government is policymakers and enablers.
“So, there is a lot of investment coming on stream in generation, gas. New IPPs are coming up and old ones are being made efficient and so we must help the distribution companies to raise their games. One of the things we are doing is to verify their claims to debts and determine how much we are owing them and pay them.
“The other point is to ensure that government, going forward, would not owe Discos. It must budget for power in the way that it budgets for diesel and travels. We have done that in the 2017 budget, we will do it again in the 2018 budget, and enforce compliance by agencies to pay their debt.
“This will help in bringing stability to the liquidity in the power sector, ultimately for the benefit not only of the Discos and entire value chain because government as 40 per cent part-owner makes money if the Discos make money, we will get N4 out of every N10 dividend that they declare.”
On how much the government has invested so far in the Discos considering its 40 per cent share in them, he said: “I honestly can’t tell you the exact money but I think that the answer would need to be verified from the Bureau of Public Enterprises who supervises the interest of the government in those companies, I don’t have those figures, but clearly you hit the nail on the head – the entire value chain has to run in sync.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/26/fashola-denies-boasting-fix-nigerias-power-problems-6-months/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
booked
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by thesicilian: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mr. Rocket Scientist is eating his words, just like all other APC f.a.g.g.o.t.s.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Atlanticfire: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
#Lying liars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
thesicilian:
Mr. Rocket Scientist is eating his words, just like all other APC f.a.g.g.o.t.s.
[center][/center]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Nbote(m): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Don't worry, ur ogas at d top have already denied on ur behalf.. No other denial by any of u is going to surprise us..
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by smardray(m): 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
idiot... tell APC to deny change ooo ..at least you people shud tell the truth for once before the expiration of ur tenure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by eagleeye2: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin This man hair don turn gray finish.
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by gurunlocker: 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lying is a separate course and feature of an average APC member, fortunately most of them don't have a function and retentive memory.

No be you talk say fixing electricity problem is no rocket science? that any serious government go fix am in 6 months? ..... Just like your boss, you are denying everything you said. Typical of an APC member.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by RomeSankara: 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Even in 60 years you can't do anything Mr Fashola from what I have seen in Ur very very poor performance
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by NigerDeltan(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Omeokachie: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
APC and denial...
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by ITbomb(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
I am reading "why Jonathan should not be re-elected by Fashola"
Excerpts

He also wondered why the so-called biggest economy in Africa is trying to buy arms from a smaller economy to secure the country.

He pointed out that the nation’s currency, the Naira, is now trading for N180 per Dollar while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar.
Has anything changed for the better after 2 years

http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-must-not-re-elected-fashola/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Marcelo290(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
The joke is on those who took him serious then, desperation for power can make people say and do anything, should I start recounting what Bubu told us? grin People have simply chosen to remain gullible, I already see Atiku cooking up his own propaganda and the circle continues....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by SweetJoystick(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yes you didn't say so, but you said fixing power isn't rocket science grin
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin I need sarrki grin
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by DieBuhari: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Why didn't he deny it then
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hehe
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by hucienda: 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
lol ... the rocket scientist walking back on his words.
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
G
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by aolawale025: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
APC would soon deny they are in government
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by RomeSankara: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Fashola has just proven he is a liar and a thief
Re: Fashola Denies Boasting To Fix Nigeria’s Power Problems In 6 Months by meccuno: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Quit Notice: Kaduna Government Obtains Bench Warrant Against Arewa Youths / Buhari And The Cabals Now Hate Kachikwu For Speaking The Truth / 10 Things You Need To Know From Today’s Newspaper (summary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.