Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! (8093 Views)

Honorable Minister Of Aviation On Hardtalk / Oby Ezekwesili On HARDTALK On BBC Live / Sanusi On Hardtalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Tonyblu(m): 9:00am On Feb 21, 2007
The person that cannot speak good english shld be going for private tutor if he wants to be presido, abi? grin
IBB did it! grin
Abacha did it! cool
Obj has been in & out of various schls. . . tongue
Even "Hatikuh" has improved on his english too! shocked

So what are we talking about? He shld get some tutors, maybe National Open University; but I wont recommend "Toronto style" wink

Let's all leave sentiments out of it; let's assess him based on WHAT has he done so far for 8 years he's been in Abia State.
He's already passing-the-buck with respect to cleaning Aba;
Every bad thing he's done that is being brought up, he blames EFCC and Obj; soon "Immunity clause" will expire abi?
My MAIN point of concern for him is that since him & his other guv'nors failed to renovate our prisons while they are on seat . . . grin

This dude just doesn't have what it takes; I've been wondering in whose name the "proposed" refinery will be in . . .
Probably we'll have "First Mama", like "First Lady".

Happy week y'all!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by ezeking(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2007
Those guyz that are die hard Orji Uzor fans , have they noticed that anytime u enter Aba from any part of this country it starts to smell? I am from Abia state and i stayed in Aba for about 3 yrs until late last year. I pity those his fans that comes from other part of 9ja that have not set their foot in Abia state who wants to judge him by what they have heard him say(which are all lies) about his "achievements in Abia".
Yes Orji has achieved a lot in Abia. The only problem is that his achievements are all anti people.
Orji embezzells about N500million from Abia LGA fund monthly.

Isnt God wonderfull, OBJ has sworn he wont hand over to any of them even though OBJ himself has many questions to answer. He can shout all he likes about OBJ and EFCC, he shld be gettin ready for jail after May 2007, that is where he and his likes belong. That is the price of gluttony.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Ani4life(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2007
awww.c'mmon guys, why are you all bawling?.what were you all expecting from the university of maiduguri drop out,
NEXT TOPIC!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Easyy(m): 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2007
Ani4life:

awww.c'mmon guys, why are you all bawling?.what were you all expecting from the university of maiduguri drop out,
NEXT TOPIC!

ha ha ha

not even Unilag or UI or Nsukka.
how person go drop out of University of maiduguri? na cattle rearing dem dey study for there? he he he
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by dude(m): 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2007
someone should tell chris okotie to go on air and dazzle allan little, tim sebastin and all of them. if for nothing else, to show the world that not all Nigerian presidential aspirants are clueless or butcher onyibo!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by McKren(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2007
dude:

someone should tell chris okotie to go on air and dazzle allan little, tim sebastin and all of them. if for nothing else, to show the world that not all Nigerian presidential aspirants are clueless or butcher onyibo!

I think I do agree with the Idea. We need to push for this idea. Please post this on as many internet pages as you can until Chris Okotie bows to the pressure. At least lets hear some good gramma for public consumption.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by spade: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2007
If OBJ really has gone to English tutors, then I must say he is a block head because he still hasn't learnt anything. He only speaks pidgin. What kind of president is that? I can't believe Nigeria went ahead to elect an illiterate fool to lead her 140 million people.

THIS SUCKS!!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by debosky(m): 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2007
now thats a dumb statement mate

Obj doesn't speak pidgin at the AU assembly or at the UN, or on BBC

he speaks pidgin when addressing masses of Nigerians who don't understand 'queen's english' abi you want him to be blowing grammar at Nigerians who dont understand?

pidgin English that obj speaks is more Nigerian than any other language since it draws from many if not most local languages

so lose the colonial mentality.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 24, 2007
I still don't understand why pidgin English is not yet adopted as an official language yet. More than 95% of the population use it in their everyday lives, what are we waiting for?. . .Declare it as an official language and stop wasting our time.

Pidgin English is the language an average Nigerian understands, ofcourse people will still learn English in schools but give pidgin a face. Ghanaians, Gambians, they all speak it, let's recognize something that's originally Nigerian, product of cultural syncretism.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Amobi1(m): 5:38am On Feb 24, 2007
the how will you compete in the international level.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Afam(m): 8:38am On Feb 24, 2007
Amobi 1:

the how will you compete in the international level.

Compete with what or with who?

So countries like China, Japan, Russia etc that promote their native languages are not doing well, is that what you are saying?

Why would one brag with a foreign language?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by spade: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2007
@Afam

You know, I think you're right. No one is complaining about the japanese dudes who use only their languages and hardly even know that english exists. The president speaks cut-and-join english yet no one is complaining. I think Pidgin is OK.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by spade: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2007
But the main problem is,
How can you employ an illiterate man to handle a country that contains various high scholars?
We need someone who knows at least a bit of eveything(A Philosophic leader) and not a man who can hardly address a nation well with common sense.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by McKren(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2007
I don't understand what this argument is about. Obviously being briliant is far apart from ability to speak englsih. The japanese and chinese leaders who are not able to speak english are very brilliant but that is not the case with Orji. He is simply lacking in ideas, because even if he has been unable to communicate his ideas he would have been able to use his past 8years as governor to put them in practice. He hasnot done either so gramma or no gramma he is simply clueless.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by shashxxl(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2007
Regarding this interview I watched it and I must confess it stood out as one of the few times I was ashamed to be Nigerian. It's sad when a governor of a state is inarticulate.
Just a few days after the killing of a teenager by the name of Billy Cox in south London which caused so much national outcry in Britain the CEO of Ben tv our very own Alistair Soyode was a guest on BBC to contribute to a debate on our gun crime could be reduced amongst etnic minorities in London and his eloquence and straight to the point answers to questions raised was highly commendable. It's this breed of young entrepreneurs we need back in Nigeria to revamp the entire political and economic system. The likes of kalu,atiku,buhari,ibb,yar adua goodluck jonathan should all be kicked to the kerb.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by smile4kenn(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2007
I live in japan. All Nigerians here interact with pigin english, its just like our own english. our foreign girl friends also try to speak out pegigin english. other african countries and jamaican also speak pigin which they learnt from us. but am not happy with what i saw in hard talk. i was Orji's fan but after that watching him on Hardtalk, i gave up, He looks good and all wat i heard bout him is ok but now i know hes not capable, not even as LG chairman
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Afam(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2007
spade:

@Afam

You know, I think you're right. No one is complaining about the japanese dudes who use only their languages and hardly even know that english exists. The president speaks cut-and-join english yet no one is complaining. I think Pidgin is OK.

Hi Spade,

There is absolutely no reason why pidgin english should not be our official language as almost every Nigerian understands it.

What is the essence of communication if the parties struggle to understand each other?

Those that can speak english language should do so, those that cannot do so should speak pidgin english and if they can't they should speak their native languages and use interpreters like others do.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by uzomaeze(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2007
chei! orji kalu sorry u hear , you should go to prison sha , well i schooled in umuahia and to be frank with you the only job u can get is to be a bus driver or conductor here the only problem is that the people know the truth in Abia but can't talk the radio statiion and television station i.e BCA (Broad Casting Corporation of Abia) stupidly promote PPA i.e the political party his mother or any stupid thing(myapologies there) for the insults but this is just too much and i wished something can be done about it (Orji you go go prison tongue
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by romeo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2007
the only language i can command fluently is pidgin english and i am proud of it, is there any igbo man that can tell me the igbo name for "WINDOW" because i don't know it and we are all here making noise about orji uzo and his grammar, buhari can not do better than him there, nor atiku, yar'adua because they are all from the same tree
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by Pain(m): 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2007
romeo:

the only language i can command fluently is pidgin english and i am proud of it, is there any igbo man that can tell me the igbo name for "WINDOW" because i don't know it and we are all here making noise about orji uzo and his grammar, buhari can not do better than him there, nor atiku, yar'adua because they are all from the same tree

Lügner! bugiardo! menteur! mentiroso!

Rubbish.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by azorjiu(m): 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2007
is there any igbo man that can tell me the igbo name for "WINDOW" because i don't know it

because you refused to know.

window= mpio (npio, nmpio).
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by romeo(m): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2007
Pain:

Lügner! bugiardo! menteur! mentiroso!

Rubbish.

mentiroso tu hijo de puta asqueroso, tu que sabras de las mentiras ? vete al traductor de internet a ver si averiguas lo que te acabo de decir cabron,

azorjiu:

because you refused to know.

window= mpio (npio, nmpio).

i am from Enugu and i don't remember the word npio as window in my part of igboland and infact i have never heard that except in a song that goes " npio npio ede, onye odimma ga agbara nke ya onye odiro mma ofube efube , ngwa ngwa ede, gburu gburu ede, " etc.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by kcblast(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2010
Nigerians really really need this man.
thumbs up 4 u orji smiley wink
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu's Interview On Hardtalk! by DisGuy: 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2011
Where's Donzman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! / Ribadu: Protests A Divine Deal To End Corruption. / Atiku Donates N1.5M To Journalist With Kidney Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.