Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,145 members, 7,957,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving (16017 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Saifullah01: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2017
For those calling SA backward compare their country with yours. Just because there are idiosyncratic differences between you and them does not give you the right to talk trash. Here are some pictures SA tell me if a woman would rather drive and live in that hell hole region of yours or order an uber and comfortably say in SA

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Hexilon: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2017
PaperLace:

Any woman that can ride a man comfortably _can also ride a car. No much difference.

This one weak me..

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2017
I hope that one day, Muslims will be allowed to practice a religion of their choice as it is obtainable in Christianity. There is no compulsion in religion.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Iamzik: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2017
Habyz:

First of all Islamic law does not support oppression of women, neither does it make allow people to oppress others, humans will always be humans so when a Muslim or a group of Muslims does something bad Islam should not be blamed. The western countries don't care about anyone but themselves Saudi Arabia is beneficial to them at the moment so they support it.

You are a liberal Muslim I guess. Alot of your brothers don't hold thesame opinion.

Anyway we all want the best for people wherever they live: stability, peace, prosperity, and right/freedom of expression within the confines of their law.

I still think Saudi should keep it's present system if that is what works there. America toppled sadam Hussein. Little did they know that his system of government was the best that could keep peace in the region. A militant population need a military dictator. Soon after his death all manner of Armed groups arose in the Middle East notable among them ISIS.

Kudos to Saudi. monarchy+Islamic rule is bae!
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by shegzhkn: 10:11am On Sep 27, 2017
toyinjimoh:
if u call Saudi Arabia backward could what will u call Nigeria, think fast
The same problem that plaque Nigeria is also their their headache.Many Arabs are living in penury and corruption is rampant there, but in as much they like to show the luxurious lifestyle of few wealthy individual that are probably a member of the house of Saud on the internet and tourism brochure we thought all is well with them.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Habyz(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2017
Iamzik:

You are a liberal Muslim I guess. Alot of your brothers don't hold thesame opinion.

Anyway we all want the best for people wherever they live: stability, peace, prosperity, and right/freedom of expression within the confines of their law.

I still think Saudi should keep it's present system if that is what works there. America toppled sadam Hussein. Little did they know that his system of government was the best that could keep peace in the region. A militant population need a military dictator. Soon after his death all manner of Armed groups arose in the Middle East notable among them ISIS.

Kudos to Saudi. monarchy+Islamic rule is bae!
There are a lot of reasons why I think America is to blame for terrorism notable among them is the invasion of Iraq on basis of suspected mass destruction weapons, that action led to the rise of various terrorist organizations, al–qaeda, ISIS e.t.c., military dictatorship has never been good for a nation in history, but Sadam Hussein was killed for there own reasons.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Habyz(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:
I hope that one day, Muslims will be allowed to practice a religion of their choice as it is obtainable in Christianity. There is no compulsion in religion.
There is no compulsion in religion in Islam either.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2017
Habyz:

There is no compulsion in religion in Islam either.

Really? So you mean a guy from one of those Muslim Arab countries or Far Northern Nigerian can convert from Islam and still walk the street freely?

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Habyz(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

Really? So you mean a guy from one of those Muslim Arab countries or Far Northern Nigerian can convert from Islam and still walk the street freely?
The fact there are Muslim countries doesn't mean there are no other religions there it just means Islam is the major religion, and if a person criticizes another person for converting it is not in any way related to Islam because religion isn't compulsory. Anyone who does that is showing signs of ignorance.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by HMZi: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2017
THEY ONLY WHERE RECENTLY ALLOWED TO ENTER THEIR NATIONAL STADIUM....i hear they practice **wahabism**(didnt spell that right) which basically sees women as utilities instead of humans like men....

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Originalsly: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2017
Ha!...sounds like a good development ...but ... the women will have to get permission from their guardians!...is almost nothing they can do on their own without that permission.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2017
Habyz:

The fact there are Muslim countries doesn't mean there are no other religions there it just means Islam is the major religion, and if a person criticizes another person for converting it is not in any way related to Islam because religion isn't compulsory. Anyone who does that is showing signs of ignorance.

Okay. But I have to let you know I have two relatives who converted to Islam. But we didn't kill them or hurt them in anyway. It is rather strange that they are the ones exhibiting some strange behavior.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by PierreDeFermat(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2017
money making mitches
If you are in Kwara and its environ and interested in buying neatly used Aluminium Glass sliding doors,Clipper sterilizer,Clipper,flat screen monitor,Amplifier with radio and memory card slot,well piped Fish baths call or whatsapp me on 08147748795
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Habyz(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

Okay. But I have to let you know I have two relatives who converted to Islam. But we didn't kill them or hurt them in anyway. It is rather strange that they are the ones exhibiting some strange behavior.
If I may ask, what kind of behavior(s)?
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by chiraqDemon(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
PaperLace:
Good development, it's better to be late than never.

I foresee a situation where the cost of insuring a woman's car would be more expensive. Having in mind that women have quarter brains(according to one Saudi cleric) _the insurable risk is higher.

Any woman that can ride a man comfortably _can also ride a car. No much difference.
Are u even sure they are allowed to ride a man or its only mommy and daddy style that is allowed?
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by begwong: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Allahu akbar.freedom creeping in gradually. long live the king grin grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by toprealman: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
uwammebi:

I no u n toyinjimoh wanna play d economy card bt nt everytns bout dat.
Am talkin human rights,here
commot the log inside your eyes make you see well to remove the DUST wey dey another person eyes. And you think WE have regards for humans in your Nigeria abi?
Just continue drinking panadol for another person's headache......EVANS paracetamol still de sha!
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
Saifullah01:
For those calling SA backward compare their country with yours. Just because there are idiosyncratic differences between you and them does not give you the right to talk trash. Here are some pictures SA tell me if a woman would rather drive and live in that hell hole region of yours or order an uber and comfortably say in SA

whats the point of having all these riches if you cant even enjoy ur basic rights... fyi its not only driving that they were prevented from doing.. if ur a woman u have to seek your husbands permission to travel abroad, start a business..basically do anything and so many archaic laws that discriminate against women.. and who even enjoys covering themselves fully in all that middle eastern heat.. excuse me but i'd rather live in africa where at least i can go where i want without breaking some shitty law
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by smallrincowis16(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Blueberrie:

whats the point of having all these riches if you cant even enjoy ur basic rights... fyi its not only driving that they were prevented from doing.. if ur a woman u have to seek your husbands permission to travel abroad, start a business..basically do anything and so many archaic laws that discriminate against women.. and who even enjoys covering themselves fully in all that middle eastern heat.. excuse me but i'd rather live in africa where at least i can go where i want without breaking some shitty law
what is discrimination here?
thats the basic tenet of islam, you like it or hate it, its left to you.
women in islam are fragile vessel, that you must treat with utmost care.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
smallrincowis16:

what is discrimination here?
thats the basic tenet of islam, you like it or hate it, its left to you.
women in islam are fragile vessel, that you must treat with utmost care.

Then every Muslim country would treat women the way saudi arabia does..why dont they?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Augiiee(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
uwammebi:
Backward country.

They'll probably have a woman holdin a political post, the next century
No country nor Individual can claim Saudi Arabia to be backwards except if your brain aint functioning.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Augiiee(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
calliope:
Ignorant people, they finally allowed sense to fall on them. Alas, women can not only ride cars but own them as well. smiley

Inferiority complex is the reason why Nigeria is so underdeveloped, cuz u guyz believe dat once ur way of lyf aint in line with d west dat means you're backwards. Saudi uses shari'a law, and they have been doing jst fine, while Nigeria dat is trying so hard to be lyk d west is so underdeveloped
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

if that I the prerequisite to good driving then the world has come to an end..... grin

You didn't know the world has come to an end tongue?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by PDPGuy: 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
PaperLace:

I mean it, they both have stick shifts, come in different transmissions/engine type and can accelerate/decelerate _depending on how the woman rides them.
Damn!
I can't fault your analysis. cheesy
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by smallrincowis16(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Blueberrie:

Then every Muslim country would treat women the way saudi arabia does..why dont they?
it was/is there choice.
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by uwammebi: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2017
toyinjimoh:
if u call Saudi Arabia backward could what will u call Nigeria, think fast
]]

equally backward grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving by uwammebi: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2017
Augiiee:

No country nor Individual can claim Saudi Arabia to be backwards except if your brain aint functioning.
abeg keep quiet joor.
ur lucky am in a good mood today.
i may revisit this when am in a bad one
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Glance At Nigerian Traffic Rules And Offences / 10 Mind Blowing Fun Car Facts You Need To Know / 7 Driving Position Mistakes Car Drivers Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.