Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,042 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) (65763 Views)

Can You Rock These Ankara Ball Dresses For Your Events / Ankara Sold For N594,000 Abroad After The Release Of "Black Panther" / World's Most Expensive Bras And Handbag Fot ₦4.88Billion, ₦1.3Billion (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Mikeal09: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
hahn:

Everlasting life is a myth
Says who
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
trustyshoess:

Actually diamonds are not as rare as they're made to seem. There are tons and tons of them hidden in vaults and only a small amount is released at a time. The elites control this to make money off it. If they released all the diamonds that they have stored away into the market, I'd be able to buy a real diamond ring for as little as $50.

Hmmm, conspiracy theory, let me go and confirm if it's true
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Jethrolite(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Daeylar:
19.3 Billion shocked shocked shocked

Mtcheew, I thought it was sold for 19.3 billon dollars,
Not knowing it was 19.3 billion in naira.
if you're given just that 3 after the 19, you'll start seeing life from a perspective you can't even imagine.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Rubyventures: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Which African country was it stolen from? How many black lives and blood was shed in the process?

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
if you're given just that 3 after the 19, you'll start seeing life from a perspective you can't even imagine.

Lol, my point Is that I thought the diamond sold for 19.3billon dollars, that is a lot of money. I mean A LOT, and I was really shocked and wondered why, wondering what was so special about it to be sold for a whole 19.3billion, I don't think a diamond has ever been sold above $100m before so you can imagine my surprise, then I looked closely and saw the naira attached to it

Do you understand me better now?
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by fessy0001(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wow!!!!!
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Jethrolite(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, my point Is that I thought the diamond sold for 19.3billon dollars, that is a lot of money. I mean A LOT, and I was really shocked and wondered why, wondering what was so special about it to be sold for a whole 19.3billion, I don't think a diamond has ever been sold above $100m before so you can imagine my surprise, then I looked closely and saw the naira attached to it

Do you understand me better now?
I got your point from the beginning.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by JoBabs(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Iamsheye:
Mtcheeeew

I can even buy two of it sef

Sweet dream!!!

Yes,i can buy it in my dream
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
I got your point from the beginning.

Lol, OK then, your comment made it seem as if you didn't get it, and as if I was diminishing the naira or something like that.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Jethrolite(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, OK then, your comment made it seem as if you didn't get it, and as if I was diminishing the naira or something like that.
Hmm...that was actually the purpose of my comment, naira or dollar, billion is alot of money. I just wrote it despite knowing you thought the quotation was in dollar not naira.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
jaksmillioniar:
baby u are too sweet u are d most beautiful girl in d rooms
Lol thanks..
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Hmm...that was actually the purpose of my comment, naira or dollar, billion is alot of money. I just wrote it despite knowing you thought the quotation was in dollar not naira.

Well don't be offended (if you are) that wasn't my intention at all,

It's just not that rare to see something sell for a billion in naira compared to selling for a billion in dollars especially with our exchange rate that was why I was shocked.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
I think the price is being unreasonably high. I mean just a stone??.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by hahn(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mikeal09:

Says who

I just did

Can you name one of your dead family members whom you are sure of is in heaven? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by stankezzy: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nbote:
How much dem pay Botswana for dat piece of stone wen dem dig unearth am?
mined in Africa , paid the minners 100 dollars per month , dodged/evaded tax , bribed government officials 500 dollars for the year then sold the diamond 19.5billion , Africa our mumu don do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by omoiyalayi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
WIZGUY69:
mogbe! shocked
abeg what's the work of diamond?

They use it to cook stew

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by fk001(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
Westerners have been exploiting us, since from the beginning of earth.

mtsewwwww Africans wake up

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by jaksmillioniar: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
trustyshoess:

Lol thanks..
do u mind if I blog abt ur beauty in d rooms
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
lekjons:
Sometimes i just wonder what makes rare things expensive, expensive, even if they are useless.

If i found the paint brush Leonardo Da Vinci used to paint Monalisa, some people will pay millions for it..

19bn USD for that thing, imagine!

not dollar Sir na naira
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by gnykelly(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
lekjons:
Sometimes i just wonder what makes rare things expensive, expensive, even if they are useless.

If i found the paint brush Leonardo Da Vinci used to paint Monalisa, some people will pay millions for it..

actual the buying doesn't make real economic sense to rational thinking it is being used by billionaires to hide money from taxes and other illegals there is a parallel world to the real financial world.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Jethrolite(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
Daeylar:

Well don't be offended (if you are) that wasn't my intention at all,

It's just not that rare to see something sell for a billion in naira compared to selling for a billion in dollars especially with our exchange rate that was why I was shocked.
Lol, it blew your mind at first. Billion dollar sales are very rare, mostly corporations, large corporations at that.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by PierreDeFermat(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
lekjons:

the case of diamond is different t because its floss is blinding. all in all,anything rare is expensive. Diamond is very difficult to come across. not the type of fake diamonds on Davido's 30 billion gang chain oh,I'm talking about real diamond.
then antiquities and paintings are very expensive as well. if you discover the stool Leornado Davinci used to seat while making Mona Lisa or Madonna of rocks paintings or any of Pablo Picasso's earliest paintings he burnt some of and some not found,you are a billionaire and mind you,when Picasso made those paintings,he sold them for so cheap. but time makes antiquities really valued. those that buy them are not stupid either,they buy them to make money. museums for example buy them to make money cos people patronize museums everyday
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Daeylar(f): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Lol, it blew your mind at first. Billion dollar sales are very rare, mostly corporations, large corporations at that.

It did, that diamond selling for $19.3b, what happened? What so special about it? Lol grin grin

Lol, glad we are on the same page now smiley
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Explorers:

Or while walking or hiking.

But to get that, one need to go 100s of miles below the earth surface.

a big fat lie here. There are diamond deposit in one of 36 states in the north. Infact it is huge in kwara state. I could remember when I went to exxonmobil geological field trip. There huge mineral deposits in Nigeria. It is just the state of our government that's not investing on mining sector. There are huge diamond deposits in kwara,kogi, nassarawa state and the likes. Just try and check geology text book that pertains to mineral deposit in Nigeria. It is when the FG is focusing mostly on hydrocarbon(crudeoil) that will can't think out of the box to invest our funds on mining sector. You don't have to work 100s miles in all the state I mentioned before you locate them.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Jethrolite(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Daeylar:

It did, that diamond selling for $19.3b, what happened? What so special about it? Lol grin grin

Lol, glad we are on the same page now smiley
Sure smiley
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Izuogu1:
Yes...
I have a vision... I will discover this in my farmland soon!

Nwa Mazi, or Mazi. Kedu?
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nbote(m): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
stankezzy:
mined in Africa , paid the minners 100 dollars per month , dodged/evaded tax , bribed government officials 500 dollars for the year then sold the diamond 19.5billion , Africa our mumu don do

Our mumu can't fit do. It's unending dats why dey still call us 3rd world countries

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Nwa Mazi, or Mazi. Kedu?
kpor-mu nwa Mazi! Udo di Nwannem...ke nke naeme? Ibu onye obodo anyi?
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Izuogu1:
kpor-mu nwa Mazi! Udo di Nwannem...ke nke naeme? Ibu onye obodo anyi?

As the moniker says, yes a bu m nwa afo Izuogu na iheme.
O nwe kwa ihe n' eme oo.
Re: World's Largest Uncut Diamond, Size Of A Tennis Ball Sold For ₦19.3Billion(Pics) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Arondizuogu:

As the moniker says, yes a bu m nwa afo Izuogu na iheme.
O nwe kwa ihe n' eme oo.
odi okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Refuses To Cover Her Dark Facial Birth Mark (Photos) / Download Makeup Tutorial Video: Flawless Face 2016 / Girls With Flat And Small Bum Should Please Wear Butt Pad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.