Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:40 AM

How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? (1817 Views)

Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here / 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? by xxsomethin: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2010
Hello,

I have a year of schooling left, the current job I'm in has a job opening for a vb.net programmer in the next year - I am hoping to apply for this job and get it. The job would be programming in VB and SQL.

My question is how much do you need to know to be sucessful? I have been using it for about 2 years now and I have a fairly good grasp on it.

I know the basics and intermediate lessons on VB but I would like to know, from someone who codes in VB for a profession, what's the most advanced thing you do? I know VB can get very difficult and tricky but I would like to know for future reference so that I can start working on stuff outside of school to get me prepared for this possible job. Any help with this would be great, I know I won't know all VB but the more I can learn the better I will be in the future. The progress I'm going in school doesn't seem to be going very quick and I can always learn more. It's never a bad thing.

Any input would be great. wink
Re: How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? by donline: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
vb.net has a lot of feature for more information
let give u a professional touch u need
thanks.
call 08035057766
Re: How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? by ToyosiR(f): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2010
Hello Poster,

All u need to be successful in vb.net is[b] COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION[/b]

Then join forums like danniweb to be posting your challenges.

Also look for someone (programmer) that can be tasking you on little things(assignment) and giving u deadline to improve ur skill.

then Lastly, u need PRAYER

because nothing is successful without God's will.
Re: How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? by olud64: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
Dont create a ceiling for yourself, Knowledge , my friend, is infinite. One of the biggest elements of success is to always strive to be the best at whatever you do. The sky is the limit. If you want to learn vb.net, keep learning, even when you think you are the best,
Re: How Much Vb.net Is Needed To Be Sucessful? by dellnet: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2010
With the words VB and SQL I know you will be dealing a lot with database. From my experience you need to know database strcutures and databases in particular for example MS-SQL, mySQL, MS Access I think these are the common database in use including oracle but a bit expensive.

Learning database is all about how to connect your program to the database and structuring the database for example what type of value your database hold. For example if you have a database that stores Name, Address, Age, Telephone Number then the structure of your database would likely be String, String, Integer, string for each field respectively. For the most part if your database is well structured you dont have to worry about it most of the functionalities are handled automatically for example by the SQLSERVER. The next thing is SQL statements be good at SQL statments.

Here is the difficult part linking your program with the database for example populating forms. I did a work on large amount of data and it got very tricky. Things I had to implement were good memory management, less use of resources (for example hard-disk, processor) You would not want to write a program that for every data it needs it has to query the database this will consume your cpu speed and slow down the system. So you have to be able to read into memory and call from memory. This read into and call from memory can be done using List Data Structures or arrays but in large databases you would definitely need List.

In conclusion you need to know Collection in VB, Resource Management in Computer. VB is a managed language meaning you dont have much control over your hardware in most cases this is done automatically for you which is some what a plus. For linking your program to database master Microsoft ADO (ActiveX Object).

(1) (Reply)

Installing Wamp Server On Vista, Window7 Video Tutorial / Thread For New Features You Want On Nairaland / Advanced Programming Techniques (java)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.