Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (4026 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Anti-atheism In Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 1:29am On Sep 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Is it not strange to see this sudden hesitant behavior of Atheists after the recent shocking scientific findings was released ?
The shocking findings of the 22yr study of Atheist state that - ATHEISM IS A MENTAL DISEASE.

You kept promising a link to this study but haven't posted one yet ScienceWatch, despite repeatedly reffering to it

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.  Doctors are searching for a gene that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”
The study began based on a student’s observation about Catholic Saints and this motion picture—>: Deus ExMachina.
For the time being psychiatrists and research psychologists in Germany and Switzerland are calling this medical anomaly, “The Misfit Syndrome.”

More

Note that this is not the study but a reporting of it. I am certain ScienceWatch will post a link to the study when he is ready.

1 Like

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 1:35am On Sep 29, 2017
This is from the comments section

Scott McGreal said at 4:27 am on August 22, 2012
Wow, 22 years of research and Dr Hans Zimmerman has yet to publish a single paper! Obviously, not a believer then in “publish or perish”, hmm? And what’s even more amazing is that “Damien” managed to stumble across unpublished research that no-one else has ever heard of that confirms his belief, stated on the homepage of this site, that “overt atheists” really are social misfits! Gee what are the odds of that??
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 1:52am On Sep 29, 2017
This article was published on [url]TheDamienZone.com[/url]
His disclaimer

TheDamienZone.com sometimes disguises names in its stories to protect identities of morons and their personal information — except in cases when public figures are being satirized, or when a story about a misquote attributed to any persons, living or dead, is being abused for comical purposes of self-promotion.   Any other use of real names in funny or obviously humorous articles is accidental and coincidental or simply because the writer is a nasty, foul-mouthed, intolerant GENIUS!  . The content of this web-site—graphics, text and other elements—is © Copyright 2010 by TheDamienZone.com and may not be reprinted or re-transmitted in whole or in part without the expressed written consent of the publisher.  We are REAL serious about that.
TheDamienZone.com is not intended for readers under 18 years of age because it is written by the meanest son of a bitch on the face of the earth.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by Deicide: 2:14am On Sep 29, 2017
You mean like this once?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 29, 2017
I think those who conducted this research are more mentally sick

2 Likes

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2017
budaatum:

You kept promising a link to this study but haven't posted one yet ScienceWatch, despite repeatedly reffering to it

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.  Doctors are searching for a gene that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”
The study began based on a student’s observation about Catholic Saints and this motion picture—>: Deus ExMachina.
For the time being psychiatrists and research psychologists in Germany and Switzerland are calling this medical anomaly, “The Misfit Syndrome.”

More

Note that this is not the study but a reporting of it. I am certain ScienceWatch will post a link to the study when he is ready.

Budaatum, your are a genius to write your own topic on the problem that has the whole world in sadness.
Why did I not think of this ?

Save the innocent youth of this amazing planet. Help them the make far better choices for life.

Choose life - not Atheism !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by JackBizzle: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2017
Only morons like butterflylion, felixomor and kingebukasblog would believe the fake study.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by hahn(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2017
JackBizzle:
Only morons like butterflylion, felixomor and kingebukasblog would believe the fake study.

Don't forget winner01 cheesy
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by JackBizzle: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2017
hahn:

Don't forget winner01 cheesy

grin
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by kevoh(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2017
Deicide:
You mean like this once?
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by felixomor: 11:49am On Sep 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Hehehe
E pain am

Besides, there are numerous other studies that corroborate this

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

Eiya, dont cry grin cool

2 Likes

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
budaatum:
This is from the comments section

very interesting Sir.
When the horrific scientific findings was released the whole world was shocked.
But now they are laughing !
The man below is atheist. He says that he can't stop laughing. His wife took this video in the Psychiatrist's consulting room.
She told the attending Psychiatrist that her husband has been laughing for days and nights after he read Dr.Zimmermans
Published findings that ATHEISM IS A MENTAL DISEASE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:

When the horrific scientific findings was released the whole world was shocked.

The "horrific scientific findings" was not released anywhere that I have come across. You are still required to post your references please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
budaatum:

The "horrific scientific findings" was not released anywhere that I have come across. You are still required to post your references please.
Aaaah budaatum, I am not convinced that someone of your superior intelligence could not find a few links about this shocking scientific horror story that even shocked scientist and doctors.

There are reasons why I delay posting certain refs because I want to encourage the youth to do their own research. They will be challenged by much false propaganda and hard to find truth. Their world will always be like that, therefore only the determined mind will
get the prize. Truth is the hardest thing to deal with as you know.

The scientific research I referred to is very easy to find. When the youth Google to research this, they will find a rich mix of
of ideas so they can make up their own young minds.

I am hoping someone will research and post the link before I do.
My plan was to post it by end of next week.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by superhumanist(m): 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
It seems that a lot of religious folks here like fake news.

1 Like

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
jamarifox:
I think those who conducted this research are more mentally sick
Are you saying that the powerful scientific team that worked hard and thoroughly for 22yrs, before publishing their findings are also Atheists, and that is why you say they are also mentally diseased ?

I can agree with you to an extent because all I know is that they were a mixed bag of scientists. That may be why it took them 22yrs to
release their findings to the world. Many of them was shamed by the results of their study of thousands of Atheists.
My humble opinion is that when the bribes ran dry, it was time to publish.

If those scientists used Nairaland Atheists for their study, they would have arrived at the same conclusion in one week and save millions of dollars. They would also have saved those thousands of Atheists the embarrassment of being used as lab-rats.

Could you tell me why this Atheist in the video clip below is laughing uncontrollably ?
His wife took him to a Psychiatrist because he laughed day and night.
Can you figure out why ?

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by JackBizzle: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehe
E pain am

Besides, there are numerous other studies that corroborate this

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

Eiya, dont cry grin cool

See your life? See how low you have descended to be posting lies?

That thread that you posted was debunked on the first page. Fake studies. Fake news.

Receive sense!
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Aaaah budaatum, I am not convinced that someone of your superior intelligence could not find a few links about this shocking scientific horror story that even shocked scientist and doctors.

There are reasons why I delay posting certain refs because I want to encourage the youth to do their own research. They will be challenged by much false propaganda and hard to find truth. Their world will always be like that, therefore only the determined mind will
get the prize. Truth is the hardest thing to deal with as you know.

The scientific research I referred to is very easy to find. When the youth Google to research this, they will find a rich mix of
of ideas so they can make up their own young minds.

I am hoping someone will research and post the link before I do.
My plan was to post it by end of next week.
I am afraid you give me way too much credit. All my research comes up dud so my intelligence may not live up to the high standard you think it does. I just can't seem to find anything about the research or the claims it is said to make. I did find this though:

Hatred of Atheists plummets to new depths of stupidity
The study was supposedly conducted by a Dr. Hans Zimmerman of the University of Hamburg, but a Google search revealed no-one by that name working at this institution.

I too checked and found no record of a Dr Hans Zimmerman at Hamburg University.

The author further claims A multi-language search for the good doctor did turn up a Hans Zimmerman. He was the Gauleiter of Franconia, Germany, 1940-41. A Nazi Party leader! Right up there with Joe Goebbels.

It is said that patience is a virtue. I'll acquire some and gladly wait till the end of next week for you to post those refs please.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by felixomor: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

That thread that you posted was debunked on the first page. Fake studies. Fake news.

Receive sense!

Hehehehehe
Jumbo Dumbo is pained.....
Eiya Sorry grin
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by dalaman: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Receive sense!

Stop wasting your time with someone that doesn't know how to read.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by JackBizzle: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
dalaman:

Stop wasting your time with someone that doesn't know how to read.

Felixomor shoukd be banned for being too foolish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by felixomor: 4:02am On Sep 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

Felixomor shoukd be banned for being too foolish

Chai.... Sorry o grin
You are still pained.....
See below what some of your colleagues have done....

Atheism is a sickness. Stop crying. Ediort grin

1 Like

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
budaatum:

Here are the links you requested budaatum. All the best !!

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheists_mentally_ill.htm

http://www.bethinking.org/atheism/dawkins-delusions-faith-and-evidence

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-is-a-mental-illness-20120413

http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

I will like to conclude by posting quotes of these great intellectuals referring to hateful and desperate atheists.

1) Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis

2) Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God. -- Heywood Broun

3) In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners. --Jonathon Miller

4) It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas Gandhi

5) Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. -- Tom Stoppard

6) If atheism spread, it would become a religion as intolerable as the ancient ones. --Gustave le Bon

7) An atheist may be simply one whose faith and love are concentrated on the impersonal aspects of God. --Simone Weil

cool A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything.—unknown

2 Likes

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
budaatum:

I am afraid you give me way too much credit. All my research comes up dud so my intelligence may not live up to the high standard you think it does. I just can't seem to find anything about the research or the claims it is said to make. I did find this though:

Hatred of Atheists plummets to new depths of stupidity
The study was supposedly conducted by a Dr. Hans Zimmerman of the University of Hamburg, but a Google search revealed no-one by that name working at this institution.

I too checked and found no record of a Dr Hans Zimmerman at Hamburg University.

The author further claims A multi-language search for the good doctor did turn up a Hans Zimmerman. He was the Gauleiter of Franconia, Germany, 1940-41. A Nazi Party leader! Right up there with Joe Goebbels.

It is said that patience is a virtue. I'll acquire some and gladly wait till the end of next week for you to post those refs please.
Here are the links you requested. All the best !!

http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/

I see you have deliberately chosen to throw off the investigation by only using Hans Zimmerman a Nazi Party leader Germany, 1940-41
to prove your point. You failed to add at least four other Hans Zimmerman's and there profiles.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
I protest strongly sir that none of your posted links, apart from the one I quoted from extensively, mention any study by anyone named Zimmerman at any university whatsoever!

The first link is the author's view. No investigation is mentioned. The second is a critique of Dawkins’ book, The God Delusion, of which the author states his opinion. While the third is at best an opinion (though not a considered one at all). None of them claim to be from a study nor do they present any evidence for their claims.

You will kindly forgive my pedantism. The science in your watch directs me to assume, correctly, hopefully,
that you may be scientific in your approach to evidence. A link to the study would suffice.

As to the Nazi HZ, it seemed to me the others I came across couldn't have cut the mustard. If I err do please correct me.

ScienceWatch:
Here are the links you requested. All the best !!

I see you have deliberately chosen to throw off the investigation by only using Hans Zimmerman a Nazi Party leader Germany, 1940-41
to prove your point. You failed to add at least four other Hans Zimmerman's and there profiles.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2017
budaatum:
I protest strongly sir that none of your posted links, apart from the one I quoted from extensively, mention any study by anyone named Zimmerman at any university whatsoever!

The first link is the author's view. No investigation is mentioned. The second is a critique of Dawkins’ book, The God Delusion, of which the author states his opinion. While the third is at best an opinion (though not a considered one at all). None of them claim to be from a study nor do they present any evidence for their claims.

You will kindly forgive my pedantism. The science in your watch directs me to assume, correctly, hopefully,
that you may be scientific in your approach to evidence. A link to the study would suffice.

As to the Nazi HZ, it seemed to me the others I came across couldn't have cut the mustard. If I err do please correct me.

Lol, I will watch my science.
Hey, maybe you can explain why the the Zimmerman study on ATHEISM is being covered up ?
I can't find the published findings that was freely available on Google last year.

I think your choice of Nazi HZ was instructive, though I missed the subtle inference at first. Lol
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Lol, I will watch my science.
Hey, maybe you can explain why the the Zimmerman study on ATHEISM is being covered up ?
I can't find the published findings that was freely available on Google last year.

I think your choice of Nazi HZ was instructive, though I missed the subtle inference at first. Lol

I have no evidence that Zimmerman's study on atheism has been covered up since I don't have evidence it existed in the first place. It is odd then, that you ask me to provide evidence for the alleged cover up. It is like asking an atheist to provide evidence for a god s/he claims doesn't exist. Can you see how silly that sounds?

The cover up of such a study would involve complete eradication of Prof Hans Zimmerman ever existing at Hamburg University, silencing him so he does not shout 'foul', the total wipeout of the study you claim you saw on the web and from all the sites it would have been shared on, the silencing of all his students - he was a professor in a university afterall; the erradication of all comments made on said study, the silencing of all those who made those comments, and the elimination of all op eds on said study. Somehow, I doubt anyone would bother to go so far, and if they did, there would be a trail.

However, if you have evidence for any of this, I would consider it.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Please note that I found the following. It is not a study but from a blog, the opinion of the blogger. I am posting it in its entirety in case it disappears. Do note what it says about the study you mention.

No, atheism is not a ‘mental disorder

According to scientific research, the overt atheist, or those who are believed to be suffering from The Misfit Syndrome, may carry a genetic defect — and that’s the rub

“There are two ways to be fooled. problem of intellectual dishonesty, wilfully deceiving the public and of just plain making things up so people could be swayed to your side is endemic to the human race, but it has a specific malignancy associated with it in countries like Pakistan. Pakistan, a largely illiterate country, where even the educated elite themselves aren’t exactly up to the mark can easily be swayed by a few choice buzzwords. Combine this with the constitutionally theocratic nature of the country and a basic conservative mindset, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I recently came across this article by a “political analyst”, analysing the growing movement of apostasy and atheism, by claiming “According to scientific research, the overt atheist, or those who are believed to be suffering from The Misfit Syndrome, may carry a genetic defect”. This claim, questionable as it is, was then followed up by just as questionable evidence: a choice of quotes that were tangentially related to the topic; and a “study” from a German university without any link to the actual publication. The study, in fact, doesn’t really exist.

So let us get to the basic point first: A fabricated study. The level of authoritarianism is so high in our population that we will believe anything that a supposed man in white coat tells us. However, we are not stupid, no. We will not believe anything that goes against our pre-conceived beliefs. This phenomenon is more commonly known as “confirmation bias”. This confirmation bias makes us believe that those damned dirty atheists must really be mentally ill. How else could they think anything other than what we are taught to think, collectively?

This study was supposedly conducted by a supposed Dr. Hans Zimmerman MD PhD at University of Hamburg. A cursory search of the University of Hamburg faculty lists only one Dr. Zimmerman, and that is a Dr. Michael Zimmermann who teaches at the “Numata Center for Buddhist Studies”, a far cry from this mythical Social Scientist and Medical doctor who supposedly spent 22 years on “overt atheism”. There is a Hans Zimmer, excellent musician, but even he doesn’t fit the bill here. Deeper searches into the various research paper databases, like PloS One, NIH and JStor turn up no other published papers on this and no evidence of this person even existing in the scientific community.

However, it would be wrong to say that this study, or this person, never existed. It did, but only in the fanciful brain of one Damien, who posted this on his personal blog on 17th of August, 2012 in an article titled ATHEISM AS A MENTAL DISORDER OR ILLNESS? NEW STUDIES SAY, “YES.” The piece in question was basically lifted from that article, which is equally baseless and provides no evidence of this supposed study whatsoever. The fact that our “analyst” lapped it up is a testament to how gullible we are and how much we are subject to our confirmation biases.

The rest of the article, beyond the content of this fictional study is basically what would amount to hate speech against atheists in a civilized country, and an extremely poor way to “prove” the existence of a god, at best. Among the “evidence” cited, is a quote from Maya Angelou and the “fact” that it has never rained on a Princeton Graduation Ceremony. Again, all of those are words that have, at best, a tangential relation to the topic in the title.

Finally, we have this specific section that I am quoting directly from the blog post:

“Nevertheless, stressed/sickened individuals create an atmosphere of stress and sickness in collective consciousness that reciprocally affects the thinking and actions of every individual in that system (same frame of mind)…..Collective problems of society are more than just the problem of sick individuals—-such problems are more fundamentally symptoms of stress/sickness in collective consciousness (of the society) pushing our youngsters towards—Avowed-Overt- Atheism.”

This, here, is a problem. Our problem isn’t the odd liberal or atheist saying what they believe on Facebook: Our problem is the man who is willing to kill a person for speaking his mind. Our problem is the gang of thugs that will shoot at fifteen year old girls because they want to go to school. Our problem is the militant religious issue that left one hundred and forty one children dead when they went to school. If you think that an atheist is a problem, and somehow they are mentally ill, you have serious priority issues, my friend.

We are all human beings that can, and should, be allowed to hold different beliefs. If one of those beliefs is that the existence of a god is not probable, or that there is no evidence for the existence of a deity, then let it be. Focus on what you are doing yourself, for if a god exists, surely he, or she, will prefer that you did good things to your fellow humans rather than prostrating five times a day and thanking him for allowing you to blow up children.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
budaatum:

I have no evidence that Zimmerman's study on atheism has been covered up since I don't have evidence it existed in the first place. It is odd then, that you ask me to provide evidence for the alleged cover up. It is like asking an atheist to provide evidence for a god s/he claims doesn't exist. Can you see how silly that sounds?

The cover up of such a study would involve complete eradication of Prof Hans Zimmerman ever existing at Hamburg University, silencing him so he does not shout 'foul', the total wipeout of the study you claim you saw on the web and from all the sites it would have been shared on, the silencing of all his students - he was a professor in a university afterall; the erradication of all comments made on said study, the silencing of all those who made those comments, and the elimination of all op eds on said study. Somehow, I doubt anyone would bother to go so far, and if they did, there would be a trail.

However, if you have evidence for any of this, I would consider it.
I agree, it certainly sounds silly considering how so-called primitive Jewish leaders effectively plotted to eradicate the reality of Jesus' existence. They silenced and killed the bearers of evidence. Why cant so-called modern man not be more effective at silencing
truth that shames those mentally diseased Atheists in powerful positions ?

It is well know that Scientists that speak the TRUTH are ostracized and blocked from getting jobs at universities.
kindly consider two brief brief examples;

Scientists that exposed the grave dangers of GMO (Genetically modified foods) have lost their jobs and suffer under cruel propaganda campaigns to make them look stupid.

Professor Willem Ouweneel holds doctorates in biology (Utrecht), philosophy (Amsterdam) and theology (Bloemfontein, RSA).
Professor Ouweneel is a theology and philosophy professor at several colleges and theological faculties. He is the author of over 100 books. He lives in the Netherlands, where he was born. He and his team came to SCOAN Church Nigeria several times to investigate the miracles for themselves. To shorten a long story, Before he came he never believed in miracle healing or demonic deliverance.
He wrote and published a book revealing his findings that everything happening in the SCOAN church was true.

He was mocked by his peers, His book was taken out of print. I am fortunate to have found an old tattered copy in a second-hand book shop. My opinion is that Professor Willem Ouweneel never knew what evil will rain down on him after he revealed the truth.
I have tried to email him several times. He seems to have gone into hiding or was he assassinated ?

Prof Hans Zimmerman is a reality, why is there suddenly no trace of him ?
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by JackBizzle: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I agree, it certainly sounds silly considering how so-called primitive Jewish leaders effectively plotted to eradicate the reality of Jesus' existence. They silenced and killed the bearers of evidence. Why cant so-called modern man not be more effective at silencing
truth that shames those mentally diseased Atheists in powerful positions ?

It is well know that Scientists that speak the TRUTH are ostracized and blocked from getting jobs at universities.
kindly consider two brief brief examples;

Scientists that exposed the grave dangers of GMO (Genetically modified foods) have lost their jobs and suffer under cruel propaganda campaigns to make them look stupid.

Professor Willem Ouweneel holds doctorates in biology (Utrecht), philosophy (Amsterdam) and theology (Bloemfontein, RSA).
Professor Ouweneel is a theology and philosophy professor at several colleges and theological faculties. He is the author of over 100 books. He lives in the Netherlands, where he was born. He and his team came to SCOAN Church Nigeria several times to investigate the miracles for themselves. To shorten a long story, Before he came he never believed in miracle healing or demonic deliverance.
He wrote and published a book revealing his findings that everything happening in the SCOAN church was true.

He was mocked by his peers, His book was taken out of print. I am fortunate to have found an old tattered copy in a second-hand book shop. My opinion is that Professor Willem Ouweneel never knew what evil will rain down on him after he revealed the truth.
I have tried to email him several times. He seems to have gone into hiding or was he assassinated ?

Prof Hans Zimmerman is a reality, why is there suddenly no trace of him ?

A normal human being wouldnt have posted this. You are not okay

1 Like

Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by ScienceWatch: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

A normal human being wouldnt have posted this. You are not okay
You are a brilliant Atheist Jackbizzle, to have come to this conclusion.
So what is your grip with Prof. Zimmerman. We are waiting.
Re: 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? by budaatum: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
ScienceWatch:

I know nothing about Professor Willem Ouwenee. So I read up on wiki. Below are some of the views he has had:

Creation and Evolution
For a long time he was a young-earth creationist who believed that the earth was created no more than six to ten thousand years ago.

Biologits are very unlikely to have regard for anyone, not to talk of a Ph.D holder in the subject, who holds this view. There is afterall an insurmountable amount of evidence to oppose it. He does not hold this view anymore, and is said to tend more towards a model of 'guided evolutionism' or theistic evolution, something he previously strongly opposed as "a slippery slope towards an ultimately unadulterated evolution faith.

He has further gone on to say, it is claimed, that,
The widely believed scientific method, the requirement of empirical and logical verifiability, etc., are nothing more than states of mind.

Another view scientists would hold in utter contempt and one any scientist would never claim.

If those truly are Professor Willem Ouwenee's views, it is hardly surprising that he is mocked by his peers! Even conservative evangelical Christians oppose his views! It is said that:

It is not easy to get a clear picture of his opinion of theological subjects. In addition, some critics accuse him of vacillating in his writings and lectures or of contradicting what he has written in previous publications.

He can of course put his money where his mouth is and publish his own books, but no sensible parent would pay for their child to study his works, in my opinion, nor would an intelligent person hold his views at any respectable level of esteem. A very confused and convoluted individual is more what Professor Willem Ouwenee sounds like.

As to those "mentally diseased Atheists in powerful positions", the facts hardly support your position. It is in fact truer that there are many more people of faith in powerful positions, so many in fact, that some places have laws excluding atheists. It is also enormously harder to silence people or views today than it was in the early first century. One just has to search for the views of terrorists, to pick one, to see how almost impossible it is. Heretics were burned at the stake in past times. Best we have today is to label them or hunt them down and blow them out of existence. Atheists would hardly go to that extent, or at least I have no record that they have.

Are you attempting to pass off anecdotes as evidence a la, planes crash ergo all planes crash, by any chance? Are you also passing off opinion as fact? Such reasoning is hardly sufficiently rigorous nor acceptable to be taken as evidence by anyone who has an incline of what science is. There sure is nothing scientific in it as that would at least require some level of verifiability.

Please let me know in which way you watch science. It is what piqued my interest at the first read of the title of this thread as claimed by you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Pastor Who Survived 35 Bullets Seen Romancing Lady In His House / Adeboye, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Others Converge To Deliver Suntai... / Does Satan Have The Power To Control The Weather?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.