Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? (14722 Views)

Wiping Over Shocks During Ablution And Some Misconceptions About It / Things You Need To Know About Allah / Quiz : Where Is Allah ( God )? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Habyz(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cire80:
it's in the Quran. Who are the people of the book the Qur'an kept on mentioning and commanding you to kill, murder, plunder and utterly destroy them?
You keep saying these things but you fail to point out a single proof of it. Why is that?
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Habyz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lilimax:

Bros, Allah is not my God. JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!
Christians and Muslims does not worship the same God. embarassed
Period!
What is the Arabic word for God?
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by misterh(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, Your brain should have tell you that this matter is not a matter of language but a matter of the entity behind that name, actually did i need to spit it for you one by one.
1. Arab have manying gods even before the establishment of your Islam, and last i check your prophet father name mean slave of Allah, and last i check he was an idol high priest, or am i lieing? This really show the reason why you people cannot call your god in another language, since he is an idol, lol
Of all the gods the Arabs had before Islam, tell me one that was named Allah? What you people want to ignore is that Allah means God in Arabic. As regards the prophet's fathers name, if not that you have closed your mind to knowledge, you would have known that that singular act proves that Allah is the Arabic term for God. It's just like an Ifa or Obatala worshiper naming his son Olorunfemi or Oluseun. It wasn't as if the idolaters did not know there existed God, they just believed they could reach him via their numerous deities. This Supreme Being was called Allah in their language. Even before Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) became a prophet, he was always spending time thinking about a Supreme Being. You cannot even dissociate the Arabic language from this, no matter how you try. There are Arabs who are Christians. What name do you think they call God in their language?

Olabenjamen22:
Then why are you people trying to link your allah to Yahweh, Olorun e.t.c since your Allah told you he only understand arab i.e he is not the god for other language.
Oh please! Save yourself from ignorance and read. Who told you Allah only understands Arabic? I guess you reached this fallacy of a conclusion because Muslims pray in Arabic. Are you saying then that non-Arab Muslims are not Muslims? A Yoruba Muslim could pray to Allah in his language by saying Olorun and he would be referring to Allah. If you are not dogmatic, you would know that Allah means Olorun. It is a fact and whether you accept it or not is your own problem.

Olabenjamen22:
Lol, well am only trying to clear your fake relationship with Yahweh and Olodunmare, i don't care about your religion, if you like add yoga to your gymnastic exercise, i care less, just stop linking your stupidity with my religion. Peace
You don't care about my religion yet here you are in a thread strictly for Muslims. You clicked on the declaration before you could comment on this thread and you mean to tell me you don't care about my religion. Who is then the stupid one? Whether you accept it or not, it is your personal problem; Allah means God and God means Allah. Only difference between the two words is the language they are written in.

It's just like a Yoruba man telling an Igbo man that Chineke is different from Olorun.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Habyz(m): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
Myde4naija:
bros only English uses upper case and lower case to differentiate God..........this letter G or g as the case may be is very meaningless when we talked about God and if letter s is attached to the uppcased God I.e (Gods) does the uppercase make it the real God.....

Seek knowledge and stop being childish.
Differentiation is essential when saying things like this, how else would you know the god or God being talked about?
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
all christians are ticks dat cannot do without muslims
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
u guyz keep buzzing in an Islamic section 70% of our topic u will c a christians poke nosing saying nonsense
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by misterh(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
Habyz:

What is the Arabic word for God?
I have asked this too and no one has answered me.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Allah [ is one true God]
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Abumilla(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Yes, Allah is God.

He is Allah, the One and Only. He is the same God worshiped in the Jewish and Christian faiths and is recognisable as such. Across the globe and throughout history people of all faiths and beliefs have turned towards God, or a supreme deity, the Creator of the universe. He is Allah. Allah is God. God the Creator. God the Sustainer.

The word God is spelled and pronounced differently in many languages: the French call him Dieu, the Spanish, Dios and the Chinese refer to the One God as Shangdi. In Arabic, Allah means the One True God, worthy of all submission and devotion. Jewish and Christian Arabs refer to God as Allah, and He is the same One True God referred to in the Biblical passage,

“Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is One”. (Deuteronomy 6.4 & Mark 12.29)

In all three monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) God and Allah are the same. However, when asking the question, Is Allah God, it is equally important to understand who Allah is not.

He is not a man, nor is He an ethereal spirit, therefore when Muslims talk about Allah there is no concept of a trinity. He was not begotten nor does He beget, therefore He does not have sons or daughters. He does not have partners or underlings; therefore, there are no demi gods or minor deities inherent in the concept of Allah. He is not part of His creation and Allah is not in everybody and everything. Consequently, it is not possible to become allahlike or attain allahhood.

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah, [who is] One. Allah, the Self-Sufficient Master. He begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Qur'an 112)

The Qur'an, God’s book of guidance for all of humankind was revealed in Arabic; therefore, non-Arabic speakers can become confused about terminology and names. When a Muslim says the word Allah, he is talking about God. God the Supreme, God the Magnificent, God the Omnipotent. The Creator of all that exists.

“He has created the heavens and the earth in truth. High be He Exalted above all they associate as partners with Him.” (Qur'an 16:3)

Muslims believe that Islam is the final message of God to humankind, and they believe that God gave the Torah to Prophet Moses as he gave the Gospel to Prophet Jesus. Muslims believe that Judaism and Christianity, in their pristine forms, were divine religions. In fact, one of the tenants of Islam is to believe in all of God’s revealed books. The Prophets of Islam include the same Prophets present in Jewish and Christian traditions; they all came to their people with the same message – to recognize and to worship the One God.

“...were you witnesses when death approached Jacob? When he said unto his sons, ‘What will you worship after me?’ They said, ‘We shall worship your God, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and to Him we submit (in Islam).” (Qur'an 2:133)

Muslims love and respect all the Prophets and Messengers of God. However, Muslims believe that the Qur'an contains the only concept of God that has not been tainted by man made ideas and idolatrous practices.

He, Allah/God made it very clear in Qur'an that He had sent messengers to every nation. We do not know all the names, or the dates; we do not know all the stories or the calamities, but we do know that God did not create even a single person and then abandon him. God’s message of mercy, love, justice, and truth was made available to all of humankind.

“And verily, We have sent among every community or nation, a Messenger (proclaiming), "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid all false deities... ". (Quran 16:36)

“And for every nation there is a messenger...” (Quran 10:47)

For thousands of years humankind has lived and died across this wide earth. Every time a woman looks towards the sky in search of a Creator, she is turning to Allah. Every time a man buries his face in his hands and begs for mercy or relief, he is asking Allah. Every time a child crouches fearfully in a corner, his heart is searching for Allah. Allah is God. Whenever a person is thankful for the bright new day, or the cool refreshing rain, or the wind whispering in the trees, he or she is thankful to Allah, thankful to God.

Humankind has taken the purity of God and mixed it up with wild imaginings and strange superstitions. God is not three, He is One. God does not have partners or associates; He is Alone in His majesty and in His dominion. It is not possible to become godlike because there is nothing comparable to God. God is not part of His creation; He is beyond it. He is the first, and the last. God is Allah, the Most Merciful.

“… There is nothing like unto Him…” (Qur'an 42:11)

“And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Qur'an 112:4)

“He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of everything.” (Qur'an 57:3)

Yes! God is Allah.

Copied
jazakallahi khairan
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Abumilla(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Yes, Allah is God.

He is Allah, the One and Only. He is the same God worshiped in the Jewish and Christian faiths and is recognisable as such. Across the globe and throughout history people of all faiths and beliefs have turned towards God, or a supreme deity, the Creator of the universe. He is Allah. Allah is God. God the Creator. God the Sustainer.

The word God is spelled and pronounced differently in many languages: the French call him Dieu, the Spanish, Dios and the Chinese refer to the One God as Shangdi. In Arabic, Allah means the One True God, worthy of all submission and devotion. Jewish and Christian Arabs refer to God as Allah, and He is the same One True God referred to in the Biblical passage,

In all three monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) God and Allah are the same. However, when asking the question, Is Allah God, it is equally important to understand who Allah is not.

He is not a man, nor is He an ethereal spirit, therefore when Muslims talk about Allah there is no concept of a trinity. He was not begotten nor does He beget, therefore He does not have sons or daughters. He does not have partners or underlings; therefore, there are no demi gods or minor deities inherent in the concept of Allah. He is not part of His creation and Allah is not in everybody and everything. Consequently, it is not possible to become allahlike or attain allahhood.

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah, [who is] One. Allah, the Self-Sufficient Master. He begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Qur'an 112)

The Qur'an, God’s book of guidance for all of humankind was revealed in Arabic; therefore, non-Arabic speakers can become confused about terminology and names. When a Muslim says the word Allah, he is talking about God. God the Supreme, God the Magnificent, God the Omnipotent. The Creator of all that exists.

“He has created the heavens and the earth in truth. High be He Exalted above all they associate as partners with Him.” (Qur'an 16:3)

Muslims believe that Islam is the final message of God to humankind, and they believe that God gave the Torah to Prophet Moses as he gave the Gospel to Prophet Jesus. Muslims believe that Judaism and Christianity, in their pristine forms, were divine religions. In fact, one of the tenants of Islam is to believe in all of God’s revealed books. The Prophets of Islam include the same Prophets present in Jewish and Christian traditions; they all came to their people with the same message – to recognize and to worship the One God.

“...were you witnesses when death approached Jacob? When he said unto his sons, ‘What will you worship after me?’ They said, ‘We shall worship your God, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and to Him we submit (in Islam).” (Qur'an 2:133)

Muslims love and respect all the Prophets and Messengers of God. However, Muslims believe that the Qur'an contains the only concept of God that has not been tainted by man made ideas and idolatrous practices.

He, Allah/God made it very clear in Qur'an that He had sent messengers to every nation. We do not know all the names, or the dates; we do not know all the stories or the calamities, but we do know that God did not create even a single person and then abandon him. God’s message of mercy, love, justice, and truth was made available to all of humankind.

“And verily, We have sent among every community or nation, a Messenger (proclaiming), "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid all false deities... ". (Quran 16:36)

For thousands of years humankind has lived and died across this wide earth. Every time a woman looks towards the sky in search of a Creator, she is turning to Allah. Every time a man buries his face in his hands and begs for mercy or relief, he is asking Allah. Every time a child crouches fearfully in a corner, his heart is searching for Allah. Allah is God. Whenever a person is thankful for the bright new day, or the cool refreshing rain, or the wind whispering in the trees, he or she is thankful to Allah, thankful to God.

Humankind has taken the purity of God and mixed it up with wild imaginings and strange superstitions. God is not three, He is One. God does not have partners or associates; He is Alone in His majesty and in His dominion. It is not possible to become godlike because there is nothing comparable to God. God is not part of His creation; He is beyond it. He is the first, and the last. God is Allah, the Most Merciful.

“He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of everything.” (Qur'an 57:3)

Yes! God is Allah.

Copied
jazakallahu khairan
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Of all the gods the Arabs had before Islam, tell me one that was named Allah? What you people want to ignore is that Allah means God in Arabic. As regards the prophet's fathers name, if not that you have closed your mind to knowledge, you would have known that that singular act proves that Allah is the Arabic term for God.
Lol, am the one that suppose to ask you the name of the idol your Muhammad father is priesthood over that make him name himself slave of allah.
Lol and common this is not about a language but about the entity behind the name.
misterh:
It's just like an Ifa or Obatala worshiper naming his son Olorunfemi or Oluseun
Really? Ifa worshipers bearing olu and olorun... You are kidding right? Is like you don't know that the person you are chating with is a core yoruba. Even ifa follower cannot bear olu not to talk of the priest.
misterh:
You cannot even dissociate the Arabic language from this, no matter how you try. There are Arabs who are Christians. What name do you think they call God in their language?
Is like it time you begin to do research. If i may ask what is the name Arab Christian are calling almighty God before your Islam was established, maybe you should look into the word "KHODA"
misterh:
Oh please! Save yourself from ignorance and read. Who told you Allah only understands Arabic? I guess you reached this fallacy of a conclusion because Muslims pray in Arabic. Are you saying then that non-Arab Muslims are not Muslims? A Yoruba Muslim could pray to Allah in his language by saying Olorun and he would be referring to Allah.
I guess you need to refer to your previous comment, lol well i will take you people serious the day you call your prayer in your dialect. Lol
misterh:
A Yoruba Muslim could pray to Allah in his language by saying Olorun and he would be referring to Allah.
Lol another lie, even if a yoruba Muslim want to come down from bus he rather invoke the word Allah, not to talk of praying, well i will take you serious the day you people call your prayer with your dialect.
misterh:
If you are not dogmatic, you would know that Allah means Olorun. It is a fact and whether you accept it or not is your own problem.
Lol dogmatic indeed, i rather be a dogmatic being with prove than be a die hard of lie.
misterh:
You don't care about my religion yet here you are in a thread strictly for Muslims.
Lol i won't have been here if you people don't tag my religion on your stupid post.
misterh:
Who is then the stupid one? Whether you accept it or not, it is your personal problem; Allah means God and God means Allah.
Lol, the only stupid one here Is the person that look for trouble and then run under his bed to hide(oat) you cannot talk about my religion and expect me not to reply. Peace

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by liasmiram: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
jidxin:
I still dont know how d oldest book can be wrong nd newer ones trying to correct d old one. Is it possible for Nokai to say nokia is fake?
y.Have you forgetten that there can never be mistakes in a book of God.How come your so called 'oldest book' has many mistakes and errors and has continously been edited?
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by sureboijesse(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
wellmax:
I like it when Muslims always look up to the Bible to validate whatever they say.
There is only one Holy Book. The Bible
. Yes we have a GOD...not Allah........the apha nf omega ..the I am that I am!!!!!!GOD almighty
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Myde4naija(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Habyz:

Differentiation is essential when saying things like this, how else would you know the god or God being talked about?
you mindset speaks volume, when trinitarian talked about God you will want to say is one God but in reality they are Gods or gods depending on how you prefer to look at it.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by BALLOSKI: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Littlemike:

I have a question to ask you bro, did you believe in the bible?
I do, I meant the original Bible, that it was sent by God.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Myde4naija(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, simple Islamic tactics. Lol "insult and blasphemy"
Can you please show me any insultive word from my comment,
i guess you calling other people God " an invalid god" is not blasphemy right? Well am still waiting for you to revoke me of your allah been the satan instead of accusing me of what you guys are know for(insulting and blasphemy).
And about your post. Lol why won't i be able to revoke you, am not a gullible followers like you.

John 5:22-23 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
22 The Father doesn’t judge anyone, but he has made his Son the judge of everyone. 23 The Father wants all people to honor the Son as much as they honor him. When anyone refuses to honor the Son, that is the same as refusing to honor the Father who sent him.
Did you note the word "as much as"

Olabenjamen22:

Lol. Dump reasoning, i guess you hear all this rubbish from your imam, well next don't use 100% because it really show how dumb you are. Lol i guess your imam was the one that told you your allah is the creator. Lol well i too am 100% sure that your allah is Satan himself. Lol revoke me if am wrong

Calling me dump is a praise and not insult, the ugly looking creature you attached as well isn't blaspheme.

According to your bible quote I share the same thought with you, father and son are different entity then why trying so hard to explain how they are one at the same time.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by malvisguy212: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Yes, Allah is God.

Yes! God is Allah.

Copied
https://www.nairaland.com/3785536/two-gods-islam

Muslims often declare that Islam is a great monotheistic religion. Is this true? well, in this thread I will prove why this claim is absolutely false. all the evidence are there in the Quran and hadith.
When a Muslim is engaged in prayer (salat), it is forbidden for him to respond to anyone who interrupts his prayer. Muslims, out of respect for Allah, will not interrupt a fellow-Muslim while he is praying. However, Muhammad is an exception to this rule.He tells Muslims that even if they are performing prayers to Allah, they must respond to him when he calls them. Muhammad invoked Surah 8:24 to justify his case.
Surah 8:24: “O you who believe! Answer the call of Allah AND HIS APOSTLE when he calls you to that which gives you life; and know that Allah intervenes between man and his heart, and that to Him you shall be gathered.” (Shakir)
Carefully consider now how the Prophet of Islam clarified the meaning and the application of the above Qur’anic verse.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 226:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Mualla: While I was praying, the Prophet passed by and called me, but I did not go to him till I had finished my prayer. When I went to him, he said, “What prevented you from coming?” I said, “I was praying.” He said, “Didn’t Allah say” “O you who believe GIVE YOUR RESPONSE TO Allah and to His APOSTLE.” (Surah 8:24)
LET US ANALYZE THIS QUR'ANIC VERSE WITH THE ABOVE HADITH.
Muslims are required to honor Muhammad above Allah. why did I say this ? it may appear to Muslims that Muhammad was only demanding his right but there is MORE to this. It is important to note that each time Muhammad interrupts the prayer of a Muslim, he simultaneously interrupts Allah from receiving the prayer of that Muslim. This means that Muhammad has the authority to interrupt even Allah from receiving the prayers of his worshipers. Between Allah and Muhammad, Muslims are specifically commanded to give their priority to Muhammad even when it involves something as sacred as their worship of Allah. Is this not a subtle form of polytheism? Does not this exalt Muhammad to a position equal or even greater than Allah?
The Shahada is the Islamic profession of faith. It is the first and most important of the Five Pillars of Islam. It is a testimony of the Islamic Faith which declares:
“There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.” Anyone who does not recite the
Shahada is not a Muslim. However, a Muslim cannot be a Muslim by invoking the name of Allah only when reciting the Shahada. For his Shahada to be legitimate, it is absolutely necessary for the Muslim to include the name of Muhammad. Believing in Allah alone is not enough to be a Muslim. A Muslim must also believe in Muhammad:
Surah 49:15: The believers are only those who believe in Allah and HIS MESSENGER . (Shakir)
Believing only in the teachings of Allah with the exclusion of the teachings of Muhammad will result in the loss of many essential details that are vital for the salvation of Muslims. This is because the Qur’an does not contain all the regulations that are required of a Muslim to live out his faith. Therefore, a devout Muslim must also know and obey the Sunnah (sayings and deeds) of Muhammad in order to follow Islam. A Muslim cannot attain Paradise if he does not believe in the Sunnah of Muhammad. Thus, the teachings of Muhammad are elevated to the same intensity as the teachings of Allah in the Qur’an. In fact, to escape the fires of Hell, a Muslim must obey both Allah and Muhammad.
Surah 4:14: And whoever disobeys Allah and HIS MESSENGER and goes beyond His limits, He will cause him to enter fire to abide in it, and he shall have an abasing chastisement. (Shakir)
yes, I know Muslims will deny this , and even insult me , However, the reality belies their claim. In actual practice, Muslims merge the words of Allah with the words of a man. And by recognizing them both as equally binding for their salvation, Muslims elevate Muhammad to the status of Allah. If the teachings of Muhammad are recorded in the Qur’an, then there is no valid reason to object. However, since his teachings are not included in the Qur’an, it shows that Muslims are actually required to submit to teachings based on two different sources.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Habyz(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Myde4naija:
you mindset speaks volume, when trinitarian talked about God you will want to say is one God but in reality they are Gods or gods depending on how you prefer to look at it.
The Trinitarian doctrine says God the Father, the son and holy spirit. It refers to God being three beings, god I'm talking about are the sango, ogun, zeus, poseidon and so on.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by lordcyno: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Myde4naija:
Calling me dump is a praise and not insult, the ugly looking creature you attached as well isn't blaspheme.
Lol, and you Calling my religion xtain instead of Christianity is not an insult right? Actually am suppose to abuse your religion not you yourself, and you calling other people God an invade god is not blasphemy right? Bros you started it and i give you back. Lol
Myde4naija:
According to your bible quote I share the same thought with you, father and son are different entity then why trying so hard to explain how they are one at the same time.
even if i explain it to you, you won't understand so instead of wasting your time on what you cannot understand why don't you take your time to revoke my statement of me calling him Satan, and mind you we don't share the same view together. Lol
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Cire80: 11:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
Habyz:

You keep saying these things but you fail to point out a single proof of it. Why is that?
answer me. Who are the people of the book? What commandments did your Qur'an give you about them?
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Myde4naija(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, and you Calling my religion xtain instead of Christianity is not an insult right? Actually am suppose to abuse your religion not you yourself, and you calling other people God an invade god is not blasphemy right? Bros you started it and i give you back. Lol

even if i explain it to you, you won't understand so instead of wasting your time on what you cannot understand why don't you take your time to revoke my statement of me calling him Satan, and mind you we don't share the same view together. Lol
did you know why I won't understand? Because you don't are confused about the whole concept of Trinity yourself so you can't give what you don't have,........frankly speaking
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Littlemike(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2017
People are actually foolish, including this Nairaland moderators. I can't believe they remove my post. damn you!!!
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:42am On Oct 07, 2017
malvisguy212:
https://www.nairaland.com/3785536/two-gods-islam

Muslims often declare that Islam is a great monotheistic religion. Is this true? well, in this thread I will prove why this claim is absolutely false. all the evidence are there in the Quran and hadith.
When a Muslim is engaged in prayer (salat), it is forbidden for him to respond to anyone who interrupts his prayer. Muslims, out of respect for Allah, will not interrupt a fellow-Muslim while he is praying. However, Muhammad is an exception to this rule.He tells Muslims that even if they are performing prayers to Allah, they must respond to him when he calls them. Muhammad invoked Surah 8:24 to justify his case.
Surah 8:24: “O you who believe! Answer the call of Allah AND HIS APOSTLE when he calls you to that which gives you life; and know that Allah intervenes between man and his heart, and that to Him you shall be gathered.” (Shakir)
Carefully consider now how the Prophet of Islam clarified the meaning and the application of the above Qur’anic verse.
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 226:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Mualla: While I was praying, the Prophet passed by and called me, but I did not go to him till I had finished my prayer. When I went to him, he said, “What prevented you from coming?” I said, “I was praying.” He said, “Didn’t Allah say” “O you who believe GIVE YOUR RESPONSE TO Allah and to His APOSTLE.” (Surah 8:24)
LET US ANALYZE THIS QUR'ANIC VERSE WITH THE ABOVE HADITH.
Muslims are required to honor Muhammad above Allah. why did I say this ? it may appear to Muslims that Muhammad was only demanding his right but there is MORE to this. It is important to note that each time Muhammad interrupts the prayer of a Muslim, he simultaneously interrupts Allah from receiving the prayer of that Muslim. This means that Muhammad has the authority to interrupt even Allah from receiving the prayers of his worshipers. Between Allah and Muhammad, Muslims are specifically commanded to give their priority to Muhammad even when it involves something as sacred as their worship of Allah. Is this not a subtle form of polytheism? Does not this exalt Muhammad to a position equal or even greater than Allah?
The Shahada is the Islamic profession of faith. It is the first and most important of the Five Pillars of Islam. It is a testimony of the Islamic Faith which declares:
“There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.” Anyone who does not recite the
Shahada is not a Muslim. However, a Muslim cannot be a Muslim by invoking the name of Allah only when reciting the Shahada. For his Shahada to be legitimate, it is absolutely necessary for the Muslim to include the name of Muhammad. Believing in Allah alone is not enough to be a Muslim. A Muslim must also believe in Muhammad:
Surah 49:15: The believers are only those who believe in Allah and HIS MESSENGER . (Shakir)
Believing only in the teachings of Allah with the exclusion of the teachings of Muhammad will result in the loss of many essential details that are vital for the salvation of Muslims. This is because the Qur’an does not contain all the regulations that are required of a Muslim to live out his faith. Therefore, a devout Muslim must also know and obey the Sunnah (sayings and deeds) of Muhammad in order to follow Islam. A Muslim cannot attain Paradise if he does not believe in the Sunnah of Muhammad. Thus, the teachings of Muhammad are elevated to the same intensity as the teachings of Allah in the Qur’an. In fact, to escape the fires of Hell, a Muslim must obey both Allah and Muhammad.
Surah 4:14: And whoever disobeys Allah and HIS MESSENGER and goes beyond His limits, He will cause him to enter fire to abide in it, and he shall have an abasing chastisement. (Shakir)
yes, I know Muslims will deny this , and even insult me , However, the reality belies their claim. In actual practice, Muslims merge the words of Allah with the words of a man. And by recognizing them both as equally binding for their salvation, Muslims elevate Muhammad to the status of Allah. If the teachings of Muhammad are recorded in the Qur’an, then there is no valid reason to object. However, since his teachings are not included in the Qur’an, it shows that Muslims are actually required to submit to teachings based on two different sources.

Alhamdulillah,

Firstly, In Islam obeying Prophet Muhammad is obeying Allah because as he receives inspiration from Him.

It is analogical for the obedience of humans to the Prophet be similar to the obedience to their Lord. Compare Prophet Nuh (Noah) calling the people to the ark and Prophet Musa (Moses) calling the people to walk with him through the red sea. The People obeyed the Prophets which is obeying their Lord.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

And this same verse above is a confirmation that we need to obey the Traditions of the Prophet. So automatically, we have the Qur'an and the Sunnah as our constitution.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by Lukonline(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2017
misterh:
Arabic word for God is illah. While the Arabic word for the one true God is Allah. You should be OK now
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by misterh(m): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2017
Lukonline:

Arabic word for God is illah. While the Arabic word for the one true God is Allah. You should be OK now
You're mixing it up. The Arabic word for god or deity is ilah while Allah is the Arabic word for God.
Re: Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? by jidxin(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2017
liasmiram:
y.Have you forgetten that there can never be mistakes in a book of God.How come your so called 'oldest book' has many mistakes and errors and has continously been edited?
ye read cos ye lacks understanding. No error no mistakes in d Book. Even Mohammed read d book but cos he needed fame he twisted it. He grew up wit a monk nd he just had to also copy d Catholics wit d use of rosary nd mind u Mohammed doesn't even know whr hez going. But dont forget Mohammed himself revere the Christians wen he said wen u re confused seek d ppl of d book

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hausa/fulani Ladies / Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.