Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media (8330 Views)

National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Hate Speeches Breeding Ground For Genocide – Osinbajo / Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by OrientDailyNews: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
By Joseph Kingston, Calabar

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) says it is partnering the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) to ensure hate speeches, particularly in the social media, are reduced to the barest minimum.

The executive vice chairman and chief executive officer of the NCC, Engr. Umar Garba Danbatta, made this known in Calabar Wednesday while opening a two-day workshop on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Utilization and Sustainability for South South Zone, organised by the Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF), a unit within the NCC.

Represented by the Head of Strategy and Corporate Performance of the Universal Service Provision Fund, Kelechi Nwankwo, Danbatta said NCC would ensure that the cyberspace was sanitised in order not to endanger the peace of the country.

“There is a cyber-crime law which is being operated between the NCC and the office of the national security adviser, which is being managed by the later. There are several things people want but if they are not in the law or in the Act, there is nothing one can do.

“We need to make sure that people get information and not restrict it but, in doing that, people need self-regulation for social media activities. People should be mindful of what they post; there should be no hate speech, and then they should take responsibilities for what they are putting on the net,” the NCC boss said.

According to him, the NCC was currently implementing an 8-point agenda with the strategic vision of 2015-2020 which, he explained, includes promoting innovation, investment, competition and consumer empowerment “in and on top of the communications platforms of today and the future.”

The NCC boss believed that the workshop would afford participants the opportunity of interacting with the USPF in identifying sustainable solutions for two key projects, which he identified as the Community Resource Center (CRC) and School Knowledge Center (SKC), noting that it was intended to develop their capacity.

https://orientdailynews.com/news/ncc-vows-curb-hate-speeches-social/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by pappy4real(m): 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
do something don't just talk

I'm ftc again yet no reward. mtcheeew!
what's special about this ftc sef?
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
They walaha
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by ct2: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
An hungry man is an angry man .............people are hungry , this administration as disappointed a lot of people like me.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by cristianisraeli: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
the same horse APC rode on to power

decree 4 on the way

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by admax(m): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
A welcome development!

It's a major issue all over the world. Kids and frustrated cowards will hide behind the keyboard spreading hate speeches all over.

3 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by freshness2020: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
No freedom of speech in this new era?
You got what you Served , so don't complain.
Welcome to the new world, Nigerian.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by RealEstateTek: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
Sad news for tribal e-warriors. They won't like this.

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by ucee64(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
there should first go and curb buhari.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by kindklemz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
As ndependent presents to Nigerians abi?
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by chloride6: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
How?

Do you have a way to circumvent AES 128 or RSA 2048,?

If you do, pls line up for a Nobel

grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by pauljumbo: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
Story

Tyranny in action

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by free2ryhme: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com/news/ncc-vows-curb-hate-speeches-social/

una never fight those wey they physically and openly pronounce hate speech na those wey una never see or know their identity una don sey blow steam for.

is ok

6 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by cepha4: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
If you any meaningful thing to comment and you want it to be in front page, you can contact my privately with it. I will modify my post with your opinion. Thanks

Terms and Conditions and fee apply.
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by 6KID: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
NA LIE B DAT
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by gasparpisciotta: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Examples of hate speech please anyone?

5 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by nelsilvercloud(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
If u see dullard bullharry, tell him he is a faggotish draconian fool-hardy fool! Zombies don't insult me o. Am not feeling fine

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by clemzo101(m): 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
I'm in Nairaland, come and arrest me.....stupid people

4 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by CocoaOla: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
the same hate speech they use in wining their elections

Nothing more scary to a politician than a citizenry who knows & understands their rights.. stay woke folks, don't be dazzled by the circus.

13 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Buhari is an illiterate, murderous, corrupted, embezzlin', retarded, goat-rapin', fulani herdsman.

If dem born una papa well, clamp down on this!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by jeeqaa7(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ok
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by Jrevelation(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Water mouth
If there are not careful someone in that area i mean someone around that corner will hack down their website for some hours to prove to them they have produce more ProgrammerHacker in this country.
If you are pythonBoss don't like o

Cuz me I don't play Oga Lang 10100101001

Reubbish

3 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
They need not do much, they should just curb the one in Nairaland Politics and everything will be Alright

1 Like

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by magoo10(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good and hope they start from the originators of hate speech

Those that call Igbo people terrorist ,even though nnamdi kanu in one of his prophetic speech said that a time will come when they will call the Igbo's 'Terrorist' just to dampen their spirits.

The dogs and the baboons will be soaked in blood comes to mind....

97% and 5% speech comes to mind.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by seacoast(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Highest na to declare everyone terrorist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by Estellar: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
nelsilvercloud:
If see dullard bullharry, tell him he is a faggotish draconian fool-hardy fool! Zombies don't insult me o. Am not feeling fine
grin grin grin you r not feeling fine abi cos u don't want someone else to insult u but you r well enough to insult ur president? Weldon
Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by misano(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Buhari started the hate speech when he said his administration was going to focus on the North and areas where he got major votes.
That's indirect hate speech.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by frinx: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
There are a lot of other things to "curb".
Substandard phones and these network providers taking customers for a ride with their services amongst others.

Hate speeches I believe emerge from the reality of the immediate society. I don't support hate speech but I don't for a second thing you can put a tight lid on it while our unity hangs in a thread with enough bigotry of government..

2 Likes

Re: NCC Vows To Curb Hate Speeches In Social Media by tbanj07(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
Quick question...are they paying for my sub/data plan

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Essien Udim Crisis: Gov Emmanuel Asks Security Agencies To Restore Law & Order / Crowd Flood Bourdillon Waiting To Celebrate Tinubu's Victory (pic) / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.