Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) (4605 Views)

Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X / Mercedes Rented & Dismantled Tesla Model X Ahead Of Its Own Electric SUV Launch / NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

ahaha well nothing like that in London, we have one electric tariff with anyone provider.if not our factory go only operate at these times.
I think Op is exaggerating.

NPower offers economy 7 packages, which offers on/off peak usage....
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

lol u did, anyways, I love some things this car did, dont know the model but it was dancing and performing a flying act on the ground, I will look for the clip now moment plz
Here found it,
its the Model X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6gaS4XtZI

LOL.... No be small flying and dancing from the ground....
My biggest fear about all this EV vehicles pumped up with so much tech, is the possibility of a hack....... Some unscrupulous/disgruntled employee, can do some damage....

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:30am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Economy7 is a scam, cos you are charged more during the day than their average single tariff, they just repackaged it to make it look different, my lil nephew is one of their sales rep grin grin ;.Single tariff all the way bro.
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

LOL.... No be small flying and dancing from the ground....
My biggest fear about all this EV vehicles pumped up with so much tech, is the possibility of a hack....... Some unscrupulous/disgruntled employee, can do some damage....
ahah yessooo, but i still dont think this car is practical,you cant open the back door in a low car park, and if you park in tesco, and another car park sideways that door wont open,External noise is amplified and the trims are out of place.They have more work to do regards interior, its too basic.But good price though
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Economy7 is a scam, cos you are charged more during the day than their average single tariff, they just repackaged it to make it look different, my lil nephew is one of their sales rep grin grin ;.Single tariff all the way bro.

He might be on an Economy 7, hence the ability or illusion to charge his Tesla off peak (maybe he works at night).... And plays during the day.

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

He might be on an Economy 7, hence the ability or illusion to charge his Tesla off peak (maybe he works at night).... And plays during the day.
Bross @ 7hours grin grin
The fast charging points are the way to go, and you got max 4hrs charging time if not you get a ticket for overstay grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2017
OP where are you sef, lets disect this car the good and bad they way that guy kill range rover convertable Evoque grin grin grin grin

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross @ 7hours grin grin
The fast charging points are the way to go, and you got max 4hrs charging time if not you get a ticket for overstay grin

The parking ticket can be changed, once UK can boost of 60% EV on its roads......

The council that restricted it to 4 hours, can simply increase or decrease that limitation........

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:45am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:
OP where are you sef, lets disect this car the good and bad they way that guy kill range rover convertable Evoque grin grin grin grin

That Evoque convertible, is simply a NO NO...... Overpriced piece of crap.... Looks like a toy Costco or Toy's r us would sell......
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Abeg don't make him cancel his order o.... Once he takes delivery, we can dissect it, like a lizard on the operating table.......

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The parking ticket can be changed, once UK can boost of 60% EV on its roads......

The council that restricted it to 4 hours, can simply increase or decrease that limitation........
ahah Bro its not cos of limitation its simply about parking space,people will use it as parking space if the time is increased.
Some few Fire stations are now installing two each in their yard donated by green peace organization i cant remember the name.there is one very close to me, that's what my next door guy uses.

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That Evoque convertible, is simply a NO NO...... Overpriced piece of crap.... Looks like a toy Costco or Toy's r us would sell......
who ever thought of that car should recieve Bulala grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

ahah Bro its not cos of limitation its simply about parking space,people will use it as parking space if the time is increased.
Some few Fire stations are now installing two each in their yard donated by green peace organization i cant remember the name.there is one very close to me, that's what my next door guy uses.

When all private parking space providers also invest in charging points, the unforseen limitations would be absorbed by the extra capacity.....
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

who ever thought of that car should recieve Bulala grin grin grin grin grin

Those Indians just want to keep flogging a dead horse.....
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

When all private parking space providers also invest in charging points, the unforseen limitations would be absorbed by the extra capacity.....
Space? thats one thing we dont have in London.People park Bentley on streets around my end most of us have to rent a garage up to 4 miles from our houses to park car if need go on holiday etc.
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 11:34am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Space? thats one thing we dont have in London.People park Bentley on streets around my end most of us have to rent a garage up to 4 miles from our houses to park car if need go on holiday etc.

But spaces are available to park, for those that can pay the asking price.....

Maybe you need to relocate to outside London and buy a property with double garage.......
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

www.ncp.co.uk

Would happily collect your money and provide parking spaces (no congestion charge included)......
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 11:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

www.ncp.co.uk

Would happily collect your money and provide parking spaces (no congestion charge included)......
NCP do not have car parks in these ends, beside why will I pay NCP when council parking space in front of my house is way more cheaper .
when I said we rent garage it simply for security purpose, and cheaper insurance.to park in front of my house cost £220/year
NPC would charge you up to $4.50/hr wahts the point
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

NCP do not have car parks in these ends, beside why will I pay NCP when council parking space in front of my house is way more cheaper .
when I said we rent garage it simply for security purpose, and cheaper insurance.to park in front of my house cost £220/year
NPC would charge you up to $4.50/hr wahts the point

Have you considered relocation? Possibly Kent? grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

But spaces are available to park, for those that can pay the asking price.....

Maybe you need to relocate to outside London and buy a property with double garage.......
Like i said the space available is renting a garage, there is nothing you can do to the front of your house if you are unfortunate to buy a listed building.we have on street parking so your car is at the mercy of the elements, few miles down the road have larger houses with drives and massive space but they cost min £5m up grin grin.thats Bishops Avenue. I live near crouch End.
So as you see, you have to park your car on street, risk scratches,theft,bump etc!or you drive to a lock up garage 3 miles from Home.
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2017
akabad:
I am having a charging point installed in my house, it's the same way as charging your phone over night, the joy here is I can automate it - start when electricity is cheaper and stop when it's 80%

It's recommended not to charge 100% on a daily drive

and why is it not recommended not to charge 100% on a daily drive? Any particular reasons?
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you considered relocation? Possibly Kent? grin
Well how do I go to work if I live in Kent, thats the big question,I work in London angry angry
I still enjoy the London weighting grin grin
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 12:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Well how do I go to work if I live in Kent, thats the big question,I work in London angry angry
I still enjoy the London weighting grin grin

London weighting wey una cost of transportation and time of transportation go swallow ? Pollution city ?
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

London weighting wey una cost of transportation and time of transportation go swallow ? Pollution city ?
Ahah, Its actually cheaper to travel in London than anywhere else in the Uk
Fuel is cheaper as well.
More transport Option,ie I dont have to drive to central london.
2morrow I dey go EEC meeting in kings cross area, I go jump on train grin grin grin grin
Pollution dey everywhere nah even 9ja
or 4get London weighting adds up to £7k to my wages annually compared to same Job outside London.
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Lexusgs430: 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Ahah, Its actually cheaper to travel in London than anywhere else in the Uk
Fuel is cheaper as well.
More transport Option,ie I dont have to drive to central london.
2morrow I dey go EEC meeting in kings cross area, I go jump on train grin grin grin grin
Pollution dey everywhere nah even 9ja
or 4get London weighting adds up to £7k to my wages annually compared to same Job outside London.

What is £7k in comparison to peace of mind ?
Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by erico2k2(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

What is £7k in comparison to piece of mind ?
peace ke,as far as you are not your own BOSS in the UK No PEACE grin grin
where peace dey for UK?
Ahaha

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by Jakumo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
pacino26:
Make I ask you anything about Tesla eh my brother Op angry angry

The pace at which I clicked on the thread no be here o. Thought you wanted to bring it home to Nigeria.
Can you please send the charging station to Nigeria for me? I need am badly, running on Gen hasn't been easy plus EEDC wahala.

But this could be a business opportunity o. I think I can contact Uche in China for a charger eh inukwa. Nurey your mind de there.

Baba Musiliu at the Mechanic's Village has invented a Nigerian-made charging station for electric cars like the Tesla, and this ground-breaking innovation does not even require mains electrical power, which is a good thing, since Nigeria has NO mains electrical power, most of the time.

Due to trademark restrictions I cannot divulge too many details relating to the design of this Ajegunle-made Tesla charging station, but I can disclose that the Baba Musiliu's patented battery charging apparatus incorporates several stationary bicycles whose rear wheels are configured to drive a serpentine belt, hooked up to rotate several adapted car alternators, all connected in parallel, so as to generate electrical current of sufficient quantity to recharge a Tesla car battery, albeit at a ridiculously slow rate of charge.

The rate of charge possible with Baba Musiliu's Tesla Charger, is directly proportional to the amount of vigor displayed by the teams of jobless area boys that are hired to pedal the stationary bicycles, and the quality of the local gin that is provided for the work crews, during the battery charging exercise.

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by pacino26(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
Jakumo:

Baba Musiliu at the Mechanic's Village has invented a Nigerian-made charging station for electric cars like the Tesla, and this ground-breaking innovation does not even require mains electrical power, which is a good thing, since Nigeria has NO mains electrical power, most of the time.

Doe to trademark restrictions I cannot divulge too many details relating to the design of this Ajegunle-made Tesla charging station, but I can disclose that the Baba Musiliu's patented battery charging apparatus incorporates several stationary bicycles whose rear wheels are configured to drive a serpentine belt, hooked up to rotate several adapted car alternators, all connected in parallel, so as to generate electrical current of sufficient quantity to recharge a Tesla car battery, albeit at a ridiculously slow rate of charge.

The rate of charge possible with Baba Musiliu's Tesla Charger, is directly proportional to the amount of vigor displayed by the teams of jobless area boys that are hired to pedal the stationary bicycles, and the quality of the local gin that is provided for the work crews, during the battery charging exercise.

Oh goodness gracious. Hahaha

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
I was gonna reply eric but I felt there is no need, how can you say there is only one tariff in the uk??
Each provider has a minimum of 7 diff tariffs
And yes I was going for the economy 7, hardly at home during the day, I can automate my washing machine to start from midnight, same for charging the car ��

Lexusgs430:

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
You are entitled to your opinion, been on economy 7 for years and when I compare my bill with friends I am by far the cheapest.
It’s not a deal for everyone, if you use more electricity during the day, it’s common sense not to go for Eco 7

erico2k2:

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lol chairman I fear for your review
You should feature in top gear

Lexusgs430:

Re: Nairalander Orders Tesla Model X (100% Battery Empowered) by akabad: 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
Not sure where you got that review from but can guarantee thats a long time review that is no longer valid.

Noise gone, car parked sideways - Questionable why a car will park side ways but still the same you can bring out your phone and 'Summon' the car, also takes care of tight spaces

In regards to Trims, thats also long gone.
(a full review coming) dont worry, on a different note, i have owned & driven other top end cars, I have seen snags come off and poor finishing on others, and the response they give you is incredible. Not Tesla

erico2k2:

ahah yessooo, but i still dont think this car is practical,you cant open the back door in a low car park, and if you park in tesco, and another car park sideways that door wont open,External noise is amplified and the trims are out of place.They have more work to do regards interior, its too basic.But good price though

Which Car Should I Go For? / Driving Overseas Vs Driving In Nigeria: Which Is Better? / WANTED - Peugeot 504 Saloon

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73