Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat (32966 Views)

Osun Police Parade: 17-year-old SS2 Student Of Ataoja Beaten Blue And Black For / Lady Commits Suicide Because Of Her Loveless Marriage / SS2 Student Attempts Suicide In Sokoto Over “Wrong” Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by def111(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
Small boy wetin e know.... Nothing

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Checked86: 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
oluwatymylehyn:
Why would she do that? Too bad and a very wrong move.
A boy*
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Kowor(f): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
Some students need to be councelled before results are shown to them and parents should stop making children feel like the biggest looser when they fail. A little encouragement isn't too much to ask.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by officialfestus(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
the teacher should be held responsibly....at least write/comment "promoted on trial" put for the result..... if they think it's easy for a student to read and understand all subjects....then one teacher should be able to teach all subjects.........
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by micflo28(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
When Education subdues innates and talents. Nigeria should stop making formal education the only lifeline in life. That guy for all I care could be an Olympic gold bound medalist athlete, basketball prodigy, football legend, music mind blower, agriculturist or entrepreneurial mogul.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by AuroraB(f): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Where did it happen to
Or, you are afraid of being called out for your lies undecided
I kuku no dey twitter, I would have asked you this.
Nansense angry
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by officialfestus(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
micflo28:
When Education subdues innates and talents. Nigeria should stop making formal education the only lifeline in life. That guy for all I care could be an Olympic gold bound medalist athlete, basketball prodigy, football legend, music mind blower, agriculturist or entrepreneurial mogul.
abi?.....parents be like my son must be a graduate.....to be able to secure a white collar job
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by remele2(f): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
purem:
RIP little one.

Guys did u know dat Nigeria will

Be 57 year old by Sunday

Plz like my comment if u don't know.

Who d age Epp
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
14years in SS2? I remember our time na 17yrs dey SS2 o

1 Like

Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by lilmax(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ontarget:
Schooling can be drepessing at times when you are having poor grades cos during that phase of life we are only assessed by our ability to pass exams excellently. When you fail you feel like a big loser in life. I am glad I am done with school to see life is far beyond the ability to pass exams. I can now assess myself in a variety of things to realize I can still perform certain things better those top students in class.
so when your son comes hope with parallel f9, waec results , you will tell him exam doesn't determine his abilities abi?
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by DanielsParker(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
too bad
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
lilmax:
so when your son comes hope with parallel f9, waec results , you will tell him exam doesn't determine his abilities abi?
It's only in Nigeria where if you get f9 you are a failure for life. Everyone should be encouraged to work hard to pass exams but it shouldn't be a do or die.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by openmine(m): 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
pcguru1:
African parents have trained their children to be afraid of failure when you fail you are the outcast of the family, they say negatives stuff about you till you start to see yourself as one. 14 yr old already exposed to pressure and the sad part is that he might have excelled at something else that will pave the way for him, a dude who graduated with 3rd class in my school, is now a SAP expert making cool cash than the 1st class students sef. What a shame
Not just african parents...it depends on how the parents were brought up...hence it was passed on to their kids.....The poor kid will imagine how he will be seriously dealt with by the parents esp the father.....then he will also think of the humiliation from his peers that he will face when he gets to school...It will just be too much for him to bear.....what a pity cry cry
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by ashjay001(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
mazimee:
I know very well that these tweeter story tellers can write anything to trend.

How about me telling you that a an old man in my street was caught while changing to a python?

Oya, make we carry am go twitter!?tongue

First to retweetgrin
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by enemyofprogress: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
I did same when I was in JS1
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
openmine:

Not just african parents...it depends on how the parents were brought up...hence it was passed on to their kids.....The poor kid will imagine how he will be seriously dealt with by the parents esp the father.....then he will also think of the humiliation from his peers that he will face when he gets to school...It will just be too much for him to bear.....what a pity cry cry

exactly
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
OtemSapien:
Suicide for repeating a class is a no no. Anyway, rest in peace with our ancestors.
Nigerians are also working, even when they die, they continue working as ancestors.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by tundejulius(m): 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
more of this will still happen only if the government show more will to do the right thing in schools now
1.no more morals
2.items needed by the student in shool that are provide by the government that is inadequate teacher can advise the student to bring just because of political point just like chairs.
3.correction can no longer be enforce in school brcouse it child center and their teacher will only teach
4.student who lack moral from home his push to school to enjoy free education without books that the child should not be ask about his book the teacher is to just teach.
5.Teachers do little they can because the government they are only about child center
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Ediomo12(m): 12:20am On Sep 30, 2017
Hmm. May God 4give her
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by SirKriz(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2017
mazimee:
I know very well that these tweeter story tellers can write anything to trend.

How about me telling you that an old man in my street was caught while changing to a python?

He might be Lalasticlala. grin
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Kanurii: 2:23am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by wanakak: 5:10am On Sep 30, 2017
Flashh:
Jeez!!!
Very bad
That picture is a random pictures, which isn't the condolence one.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by wanakak: 5:12am On Sep 30, 2017
Very bad
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by wanakak: 5:22am On Sep 30, 2017
bobolizim:
His society thought him the wrong thing .
wanakak:
Very bad
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by purem(m): 6:02am On Sep 30, 2017
celestine03:
Call to be part of this luck

Bro u dey collect money abi na free
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 30, 2017
OtemSapien:
you should know that's not the picture of the school in question.

Brain is paining him grin
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by LadyJasper: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2017
Oh my good God! Give me the wisdom to teach my children that they won't always win and that failure is never the end of the road but a try again. So sad.
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Obriks: 6:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Life, too sweet 4 one to do such thing. Do u knw how many times so great men in dis world have failed? It is never a failure until u stop trying...
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by Eberex(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2017
greatnaija01:
in the pix above it looks like they were happy that he is gone

And who told you the picture was related to the incident. Some people sha
Re: 14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat by sevunteen(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2017
Dats Wat Nigerian skul system caused... makin pple feel inferior because of unnecessary competition. Person go finish skul, yet no job. God help us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Man Rapes 85-Year-Old Grandma In Osun (Photo) / How 13-Year-Old Lagos Girl Was Gang-Raped By 7 Men / Two Kidnappers Nabbed In Ajah, Lagos, While Escaping With Their Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.