Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,509 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" (4156 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hello nairalanders am 18 years of age out of secondary school certificate and am planning to relocate to united states come December if you ask me why I will say after writing jamb 3 times with no admission given and am tired of staying at home and in Nigeria as well.
About my studies I will go back to school when I'm rich at least mark Zuckerberg did that.
Dear nairalanders I need advice and tips and even if there's a trade I should learn before going cos am planning to go in through these agent that help in securing visa.
Nairalanders in yankee help a bro out am not asking for accommodation or money I only need to know the truth about united states, How quick I will get a job and if am gonna cope as well as how to get green card..
Am not too young to hustle cos even after studying in Nigeria where is the job?
Nairalanders help a bro
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by BiafranBushBoy: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:
Hello nairalanders am 18 years of age out of secondary school certificate and am planning to relocate to yankee come December if you ask me why I will say after writing jamb 3 times with no admission given and am tired of staying at home and in Nigeria as well.
About my studies I will go back to school when I'm rich at least mark Zuckerberg did that.
Dear nairalanders I need advice and tips and even if there's a trade I should learn before going cos am planning to go in through these agent that help in securing visa.
Nairalanders in yankee help a bro out am not asking for accommodation or money I only need to know the truth about yankee, How quick I will get a job and if am gonna cope as well as how to get green card..
Nairalanders help a bro

Which country is your target?
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
Op, depending on your country of choice, I'll really advise you to go and study instead. That way you can work while you study, and it will be pretty easy and straight forward to secure your Permanent residency and even Citizenship in less than 7 years. (This is for Canada)

Btw, you dont even need an agent to process anything. You can do it yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

United States
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
VickyRotex:
Op, depending on your country of choice, I'll really advise you to go and study instead. That way you can work while you study, and it will be pretty easy and straight forward to secure your Permanent residency and even Citizenship in less than 7 years. (This is for Canada)

Btw, you dont even need an agent to process anything. You can do it yourself!
I understand bro but cost of studying for international students these days ain't smiling and am the medical and surgery freak and I think most universities outside the country hardly accept waec and neco for undergraduate course
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by Supersuave2(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
Everyone can't be Mark zuckerberg
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by Supersuave2(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:

I understand bro but cost of studying for international students these days ain't smiling and am the medical and surgery freak and I think most universities outside the country hardly accept waec and neco for undergraduate course
Waec is very acceptable, neck too to a certain level
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by ipobarecriminals: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
sad Going to America is like staking on Bet9ja.Those punters association/ professional gamblers can shed light on this.That visa is a luck dip.That u failed 3 times isn't the end of life.A new born baby struggle to stAnd/walk.They fall many times. even laughed until they eventually stand on their own.Young man,dnt rush,believe u'll shine even here in Nig.See opportunity where some see gloomy. E go beta

4 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
Supersuave2:
Waec is very acceptable, neck too to a certain level
Bro please any university in United States that accepts this for medicine and surgery cos I was thinking of enrolling for lpn when I get there and rugged everything till I get the medicine to study.
Thanks for your concern bro
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:

I'm a lady! Like someone said, WAEC is very much accepted. I don't know how US schools handles their Undergrad admissions, but first advise I'd give to you if you're really interested in pursuing an outside degree is to look up schools you're interested in and reach out to them. Read the requirement on their websites. Send emails to their program advisors. They often respond almost immediately. They're proactive, and they will be happy to guide you.

But if you're looking at the cost, then you may wanna consider staying back in Naija for a while, secure admission to complete your undergrad and probably move out for Masters. Like someone said, don't give up, you can still get admission in Naija.

Although I know there are fundings for International students, (Partial/Full) but I dont wanna build your hope so high. Especially as I dont know much about how US undergraduate programs run.
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad Going to America is like staking on Bet9ja.Those punters association/ professional gamblers can shed light on this.That visa is a luck dip.That u failed 3 times isn't the end of life.A new born baby struggle to stAnd/walk.They fall many times. even laughed until they eventually stand on their own.Young man,dnt rush,believe u'll shine even here in Nig.See opportunity where some see gloomy. E go beta
thanks for the words bro just that even if I later get the chance to study medicine in Nigeria I may not practice in Nigeria and the truth Is am highly determined to leave the country.
Thanks bro I really appreciate God bless
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by ipobarecriminals: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:

thanks for the words bro just that even if I later get the chance to study medicine in Nigeria I may not practice in Nigeria and the truth Is am highly determined to leave the country.
Thanks bro I really appreciate God bless
God will make a way.Just kip hope alive
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
VickyRotex:

I'm a lady! Like someone said, WAEC is very much accepted. I don't know how US schools handles their Undergrad admissions, but first advise I'd give to you if you're really interested in pursuing an outside degree is to look up schools you're interested in and reach out to them. Read the requirement on their websites. Send emails to their program advisors. They often respond almost immediately. They're proactive, and they will be happy to guide you.

But if you're looking at the cost, then you may wanna consider staying back in Naija for a while, secure admission to complete your undergrad and probably move out for Masters. Like someone said, don't give up, you can still get admission in Naija.

Although I know there are fundings for International students, (Partial/Full) but I dont wanna build your hope so high. Especially as I dont know much about how US undergraduate programs run.
Thanks for the words sis I really appreciate the time you spared
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
God will make a way.Just kip hope alive
Thanks boss
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:

Thanks for the words sis I really appreciate the time you spared
You're welcome!
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by falopey: 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
KingIbot:
Hello nairalanders am 18 years of age out of secondary school certificate and am planning to relocate to united states come December if you ask me why I will say after writing jamb 3 times with no admission given and am tired of staying at home and in Nigeria as well.
Nairalanders in yankee help a bro out am not asking for accommodation or money I only need to know the truth about united states, How quick I will get a job and if am gonna cope as well as how to get green card..
Nairalanders help a bro
Have you got a visa to start with? Because you sound like your visa has already been obtained, hence your claim “ I’m relocating soon. 18 years? And you want to get a visa to the States as an individual. Study visa is your sure option. Since you don’t wanna study, then look elsewhere.
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
falopey:
Have you got a visa to start with? Because you sound like your visa has already been obtained, hence your claim “ I’m relocating soon. 18 years? And you want to get a visa to the States as an individual. Study visa is your sure option. Since you don’t wanna study, then look elsewhere.
Not yet bro maybe i used the wrong word I mean "Relocate" maybe that's why it's confusing as in I wan flee probably apply for a short visitation or sth and even pay for return flight ticket and turn to illegal migrant till I pay American for wedding and we break up after that am kinda street so I know making a move is better than staying home fir another one year all in the bame of waiting for unilag admission
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by smadalove(f): 1:46am On Oct 01, 2017
My advice for you ,is either you complete your school in Nigeria or head to Canada because USA rules has changed... and most Nigerian u see on Instagram or Facebook or even family hardly accommodate people in America..life in America is difficult then u think, don't be fooled by pictures...it is better you finish your education... endure that is word...one person will tell you they pay for this and that , don't be fooled Americans are getting wise ... Canada still accommodate people..

1 Like

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by kolnel: 2:21am On Oct 01, 2017
United States is good
But you should be looking into building a future for yourself at your age

In case you still bent on traveling to Yankee
Go online and find a willing lady
You could be lucky
Many have been

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by vickertony(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

You're welcome!
Hi Vicky,

Any idea of University in Canada that has full funding or half funding for graduate students?? i know you have a experience on this,I intend to do msc in USA or Canada so am weighing my options!
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
kolnel:
United States is good
But you should be looking into building a future for yourself at your age

In case you still bent on traveling to Yankee
Go online and find a willing lady
You could be lucky
Many have been

Good luck
Baba abeg brief me wella about finding a lady because I get babe wey fit help and she dey us and maybe that's gonna reduce cost because agent Is asking for 450k including visa fee
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
vickertony:

Hi Vicky,

Any idea of University in Canada that has full funding or half funding for graduate students?? i know you have a experience on this,I intend to do msc in USA or Canada so am weighing my options!

Hello Vickertony,
Contrary to your comment about me having experience on this. I honestly do not have experience on funding, as I'm not here on funding. I wasn't sure how it worked before I came, so I didn't go that lane at all.
I can only provide information and probably refer you to one or two people here, who I know are on partial funding.

Firstly, in Canada, for Masters degree, I know that Funding is mostly available for Research students. (Courses based students are also eligible for funding, but not as much as Research students) Research students can get full or partial funding from their supervisors, and even from other programs that provide funding for graduate students.
So the first question will be, are you planning to come for research or course based? Have you secured a supervisor? Although I have research students here, who are not on funding at all because their supervisors told them, they are unable to fund them. And the students still decided to go on with them being their supervisors and funded themselves. (So, I'd say even if you find a supervisor who is ready to take you, and not provide funding, don't throw away the opportunity, as some of them could provide funding later while in your program. i.e if you wanna come for research)
Also, even if you come in as course-based you can always switch to research, once you are able to secure a supervisor, that will fund you partially or fully.
Also, if it's for course-based like I said funding for this can be competitive and limited as well, depending on the school you choose. And some of them are only available when you've resumed, and probably gone through a semester or two. So they can review your current Cgpa and check eligibility.

So, I'll advise you choose the schools you want to go to first. Look at their website for funding available and the requirements to apply for each. If there is any funding available before you come, please do your best to begin applying for them. You can find this in most schools "Graduate and Awards" website page. You can also send emails to the program advisors to provide you with a list of awards/funding available.
Note, that they may tell you there are none available at the moment, cos every semester comes with different funding programs.
Truthfully, I don't know if this is applicable to other schools, but this is the little I know and can remember about funding in my school for graduate students.

And if you ask me, I'd say you come to Canada, especially if you want to remain in North America after your studies.
I don't know much about why some of my friends studying in the states want to relocate to Canada, but I think it's challenging having your permanent residency in the States, compared to the process in Canada. It's pretty straightforward in Canada and Canada is more acocomodating! But first thing first, Study, and then other things will fall in place!

I hope I have been able to provide little information regarding your questions. All the best!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:

Baba abeg brief me wella about finding a lady because I get babe wey fit help and she dey us and maybe that's gonna reduce cost because agent Is asking for 450k including visa fee

Why would you spend 450k for an agent, when you can do this yourself?
No offence, to agents on here! But 450 will buy your flight ticket, hope you know that?
I have friends in the US, who processed their visas themselves. I processed my visa to Canada myself too. And from admission processing to visa application, I didn't even spend up to 200k or 250k. It was just time-consuming, but it was worth it.
There is no big deal in it, cos using an agent doesn't guarantee you the visa. As long as you're willing to read advises and step by step procedure of how others have done in the past, I'm sure you can do it yourself.
Highest, because you are 18, I can advise that you have your brother or sister, guide you through what you need to do. It's pretty straightforward. Trust me!
Also, regarding the advice someone gave you to look for a willing lady online, who might probably fund you, please don't thread that lane. (I've heard stories of how such ends, and in some cases, you owe them for life) Whatever you wanna do to secure your admission or green papers in the States, do it legitimately. Go through it the right way. Hustle it out legitimately. It will pay off. Don't even start on a wrong foot. However, if you already have someone in the States, willing to help sponsor you, then that's fine, and best of luck. But 450k is too much for something you probably need 200k to process on your own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

Why would you spend 450k for an agent, when you can do this yourself?
No offence, to agents on here! But 450 will buy you for flight ticket, hope you know that?
I have friends in the US, who processed their visas themselves. I processed my visa to Canada myself too. And from admission processing to visa application, I didn't even spend up to 200k or 250k. It was just time-consuming, but it was worth it.
There is no big deal in it, cos using an agent doesn't guarantee you the visa. As long as you're willing to read advises and step by step procedure of how others have done in the past, I'm sure you can do it yourself.

Thanks sis
I appreciate the words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

Also, regarding the advice someone gave you to look for a willing lady online, who might probably fund you, please don't thread that lane. (I've heard stories of how such ends, and in some cases, you owe them for life) Whatever you wanna do to secure your admission or green papers in the States, do it legitimately. Go through it the right way. Hustle it out legitimately. It will pay off. Don't even start on a wrong foot. However, if you already have someone in the States, willing to help sponsor you, then that's fine, and best of luck. But 450k is too much for something you probably need 200k to process on your own.

actually sis its not really like a lady online just a sis I know personally like we used to live in the same house but after her sec school edu she just fleed with tourist visa and got married to one oyinbo like that and she told me she paid the man I think 2k$ tho not instantly and they later divorced so I was thinking she could help with the marriage ish...
Thanks for caring sis
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:

actually sis its not really like a lady online just a sis I know personally like we used to live in the same house but after her sec school edu she just fleed with tourist visa and got married to one oyinbo like that and she told me she paid the man I think 2k$ tho not instantly and they later divorced so I was thinking she could help with the marriage ish...
Thanks for caring sis

I was referring to the advice the person who quoted you earlier gave. Saying you should go online to look for ladies, and you might be lucky. I still insist that it's not a good one!
I'm afraid cos you are already thinking way too wide, even before you arrive the US. Why do you wanna involve yourself, with all these "arrangee" marriages? You wanna pay the person, to probably fake the marriage cos of papers? Right?

You know what? I think you should come to Canada. When you come to Canada, it's straightforward. You can get a Permanent Residency even before you finish your undergraduate. If that's the only reason you would wanna go to the US, to pay for papers. Fine, I know that people practise "arrangee" marriages here too, or common law just to get papers, (Especially for those who aren't patient enough) but not as much as it is in the States.

I often advise people: "If you make it to Canada to study, why not hustle legitimately, and be patient enough to have your documents afterwards. Even after your studies for Masters degree, you are entitled to 3 years work permit after studies, (I think for undergraduate it's even more) of which before the 3 years elapse, you can secure your permanent residency. Now, they even make it possible to start processing before you complete your program. And as a student, you are entitled to work. So really I don't see any reason why you would wanna involve yourself in something you probably will regret later.

Maybe I'm being too rigid, but If I had a kid brother, this is the same advice I'd give him. Don't let frustration make you do what you shouldn't do.
If you are not ready to travel now, just do your best and get your undergraduate degree in Naija, before travelling.
My advice may not count now, probably cos of how serious or desperate you just wanna leave the country, but I believe one day it will!

3 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by TWoods(m): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

I was referring to the advice the person who quoted you earlier gave. Saying you should go online to look for ladies, and you might be lucky. I still insist that it's not a good one!
I'm afraid cos you are already thinking way too wide, even before you arrive the US. Why do you wanna involve yourself, with all these "arrangee" marriages? You wanna pay the person, to probably fake the marriage cos of papers? Right?

You know what? I think you should come to Canada. When you come to Canada, it's straightforward. You can get a Permanent Residency even before you finish your undergraduate. If that's the only reason you would wanna go to the US, to do pay for papers. Fine, I know that people practise "arrangee" marriages here too, or common law just to get papers, (Especially for those who aren't patient enough) but not as much as it is in the States.

I often advise people: "If you make it to Canada to study, why not hustle legitimately, and be patient enough to have your documents afterwards. Even after your studies for Masters degree, you are entitled to 3 years work permit after studies, (I think for undergraduate it's even more) of which before the 3 years elapse, you can secure your permanent residency. Now, they even make it possible to start processing before you complete your program. And as a student, you are entitled to work. So really I don't see any reason why you would wanna involve yourself in something you probably will regret later.

Maybe I'm being too rigid, but If I had a kid brother, this is the same advice I'd give him. Don't let frustration make you do what you shouldn't do.
If you are not ready to travel now, just do your best and get your undergraduate degree in Naija, before travelling.
My advice may not count now, probably cos of how serious or desperate you just wanna leave the country, but I believe one day it will!

You’ve given him the best advice, I however don’t think he is interested in listening.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:

Not yet bro maybe i used the wrong word I mean "Relocate" maybe that's why it's confusing as in I wan flee probably apply for a short visitation or sth and even pay for return flight ticket and turn to illegal migrant till I pay American for wedding and we break up after that am kinda street so I know making a move is better than staying home fir another one year all in the bame of waiting for unilag admission

Wow! I'm just seeing this sef! Really? Wawwwuuuu! Something needs to be done about your orientation. You need to change the kind of people you move with!

2 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by VickyRotex(f): 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
TWoods:

You’ve given him the best advice, I however don’t think he is interested in listening.

My thoughts too! I'm surprised at how far he has thought/planned this out! I guess I've done my best!
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by KingIbot: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

You know what? I think you should come to Canada. When you come to Canada, it's straightforward. You can get a Permanent Residency even before you finish your undergraduate. If that's the only reason you would wanna go to the US, to pay for papers. Fine, I know that people practise "arrangee" marriages here too, or common law just to get papers, (Especially for those who aren't patient enough) but not as much as it is in the States.

please sis can I send you a pm?
Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by TWoods(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
VickyRotex:

My thoughts too! I'm surprised at how far he has thought/planned this out! I guess I've done my best!

But he hasn’t thought it through at all. He is simply rehashing the fraudulent methods Nigerians have been touting for years. Being an illegal immigrant in the US isn’t fun... marrying for immigration purposes is even worse. I doubt he has thought through the devastating consequences if he is caught... or I guess he’ll just pray for “favor”.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating Soon to united states"Help A Bro" by Sebastine1606(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

United States

@OP, go thru the immigrant thread and ask your question on how to migrate properly.
Success in your future endeavors

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Justwise / A Glimpse Of Ibadan City While Landing At The Airport From My Window Seat / Life In The Us/life As A US Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.