Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (42746 Views)

Married, But Living As Single / My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by enemyofprogress: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Tell them to go to hell and go ahead to live your life but always watch your back

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by blezzymoore: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
G
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by mine85(m): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Take one of ur sibling out of the country too, find him a job there and tell everyone to shift attention to him while u will continue to help out where necessary.

Also, provide one with significant capital to start up a business here in Nigeria. With this, they will be happy.

You are supposed to have done this all these while. So don't see it as condition ur family giving you, rather see it as what should have done long ago...

Family over everything, no matter what.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by dessz(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
welcome back
I was focusing on a game I saw so forgot nl use to exist bro grin. How u dey
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by whitebeard(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
dessz:
I dey jars, which game are u working on
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by whitebeard(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
dessz:
I dey jare, which game are u working on
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Flatties: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
Bro if the collective resources of the household was used to sponsor you abroad at the expense of your siblings, then I can understand what they meant by "settle" but if not, bro do what your heart pleases and enjoy your life to the fullest.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by hahnsmall: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
madridguy:
Funny you bro grin grin well, from your write up seem you're the type that only give fish without teaching your siblings how to fish tongue

Teach two of them how to fish and the rest will stop calling you alone.

You can only teach someone who wants to learn

Many people are content receiving fish

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by dessz(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
I dey jars, which game are u working on
an online game called empire wars. Like coc but more matured
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Lomprico2: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Melian:
You are from the South East definitely @Op.

Bigots everywhere!
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by femi4: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
holyboii:

but you approve of lazy Nigerian hoe.s

mtcheeew all this "F" Moniker claiming to be cool and upright. its only a stupid man that will PM any gal on Nairaland
Shut up! You are wrong, she is right

You can't solve all your family problems.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Mrkumareze(m): 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
Better start your life bro. It's a common thing among we Nigerians, they always see those in abroad as ATM . If you don't focus now you 'll never . Just get yourself a matured lady who can stand the pressure

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by whitebeard(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
dessz:
an online game called empire wars. Like coc but more matured
empire wars, has the game been launched..!
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by AntiWailer: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Bros. Run away from them.

U can rent family to marry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by dessz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
empire wars, has the game been launched..!
Since 2015
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by silasweb(m): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Like seriously
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by whitebeard(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
dessz:
Since 2015
grin lol sorry when u said u were "working on it" I taught u are the game's developer.

What is the game's full name..!?
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by thegrace: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please delay your marriage for now. Continue your regular support for the next six months. Cut it down in half especially your siblings after six months. Reason you give them is that things are hard over there, global economic meltdown is everywhere. Meanwhile, don't bring up the issue of marriage. After a year do a low key wedding. I am currently experiencing the betrayal of people you trusted at home and call family. You will be surprised that these people acting like paupers have properties you don't have. Milking you because you are, 'abroad' and can't see what they have. you owe them nothing by force, no sibling should give such altimatum unless you were trained by family property. Lord guide you.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by abbaapple: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
lalanice:
I knew a guy like dis, I told him his family won't let him marry or d woman will be in their danger. but he did not believe. anyway as usual d relationship crashed and he couldn't even xplain what happened.

as you grow, grow your siblings with you. If they all look to you for help then there's a problem.

I wont even marry a man whose whole family depends on him. stop giving them money for everything, ask them what they want to do and help them start, and dump the ones who aren't willing to work. or they will blame your wife for all their problems. thats if they even let you marry.
Gerrarahia!
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by ivolt: 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
You are just an ATM for your family.
No love is involved.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by dessz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
grin lol sorry when u said u were "working on it" I taught u are the game's developer.

What is the game's full name..!?
u really no well oh grin I said name is "empire wars age of heroes"
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by kelzgie: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
hdeeman:
i have always have a very close relationship with my siblings while growing up, which i have tried much to see that everyone is comfortable. i don,t based in Nigeria, but my family has always been my first priority. but everything changed immediately i want to get married. that i have to settle everyone first before getting married. they automatically ganged against me, that if i don,t settle that no one will come for my marriage. this really pissed me off cos this is the same people i have been struggling for over 10 years now. am no longer a kid if i start to settle i will never get married. this is really disturbing me, they only call you on phone when they need something. it really hurt when people you love dearly treat you like this. how do i go about this cos i have decided what ever will happen let it happen, let me look for my own life. i owe no one a dime, every struggle is me and me alone,
they feel if you get married.. youd forget them and probably concentrate on your wife and her family needs.. and it's like that with most marriages.. so.. just assure them you are game
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by castrol180(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
In simple term, you are stingy.
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Jethrolite(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
hdeeman:
i have always have a very close relationship with my siblings while growing up, which i have tried much to see that everyone is comfortable. i don,t based in Nigeria, but my family has always been my first priority. but everything changed immediately i want to get married. that i have to settle everyone first before getting married. they automatically ganged against me, that if i don,t settle that no one will come for my marriage. this really pissed me off cos this is the same people i have been struggling for over 10 years now. am no longer a kid if i start to settle i will never get married. this is really disturbing me, they only call you on phone when they need something. it really hurt when people you love dearly treat you like this. how do i go about this cos i have decided what ever will happen let it happen, let me look for my own life. i owe no one a dime, every struggle is me and me alone,
You have made the right decision, follow your heart.
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by DonConst(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
hdeeman:

Brother... for d sake of ur God d one who was n Is...and for ur wife to be, ur children.... settle them as they request in d best way u can afford....bcs they can't cook soup but they can rubish it. God's gift will continue to shine on u...amen
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by seangy4konji: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
you made sense bro...they will ignore their younger ones..instead f carrying them along with how to fish,they will be giving fish and those one will be dependent..guess enjoying it that they ask him for change as chairman instead if teaching them how to fish..now the burden is too much and complaining..thats why they are you family..you need to carry them along.if your younger ones weh doing alright,they will even ask you to come home with no kobo and fruit your bills as better bro weh u be...they will be d ones taking care of parentss senf cos cash deh...giving money is different from teaching someone how to get money..the person wont be a burden,
madridguy:
Funny you bro grin grin well, from your write up seem you're the type that only give fish without teaching your siblings how to fish tongue

Teach two of them how to fish and the rest will stop calling you alone.
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Iwaycee(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:
If they don't want to come don't invite them na,
I know I'm different though, no time for stress,

I would have asked you to try and resolve it but I don't like the way they are threatening you.

You come first, before anyone, even your family. So do what's best for you.
I respect ur opinion, but dats not d best option in dis case. Can u visualize ur wedding day without any family member from ur side, although they ar still alive, truly speaking U won't enjoy dat, so I believe d man should try and sort tinz out with d help of elderly ones in the family
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Willie2015: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
enabledgoddess:

my brother be careful. there have been cases like this where family killed their own for matter of settlement. thread with wisdom and caution . it is the foundation you started with. what is your mother's say on this? I will advise you chill a bit call for meeting and settle the matter first least they gang against the innocent woman you are about to get married to. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality

Tks for this.

Pls find a way of settling this matter amicably.

One single African Magic arrow can send you back to Road One.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Ezigbonmadu: 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
hdeeman:

Ibu onyigbo? Everybody uses everybody there. You must drop money or no marriage for you. They mean it.

The most ridiculous thing is that even after your marriage they will still come after you with demands. You will still "train" your siblings, cousins and extended family members.

My brother/sister, if you see anybody to marry outside iboland please marry. Avoid them like leprosy because your spouse will also add her family burden to double yours.

More importantly, most other tribes in Nigeria are also okay with registry wedding. That is the only legal wedding by the way. To hell with exploitative igba nkwu nwaayin.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by kelzgie: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
mine85:
Take one of ur sibling out of the country too, find him a job there and tell everyone to shift attention to him while u will continue to help out where necessary.

Also, provide one with significant capital to start up a business here in Nigeria. With this, they will be happy.

You are supposed to have done this all these while. So don't see it as condition ur family giving you, rather see it as what should have done long ago...

Family over everything, no matter what.
true.. the guy shud av taken his immediate younger bro.. then that one wud help fix the family.. or pick up the one younger to/than him too... that's how it's done. sending money ain't Enof.. truth be told. once he gets married the likelyhood of taking care of his family is zero

1 Like

Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by whitebeard(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
dessz:
u really no well oh grin I said name is "empire wars age of heroes"
grin okay I just checked it on play store, I have played many other games of it kind, war and order, clash of kings, ocean and empires, pirates something sha (same maker of ocean and empires) I recently played on but I can't remember the name..!

I might trying this empire war but it has a low rating 4.2, are people active in the game..!

Chinese are a big threat to games like this.
Re: I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First by Diso60090(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
With your writing you must be a Benin person because na this kind life full there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! / Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.