Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? (10688 Views)

Are There Still Men Who Don’t Cheat On Their Spouse / Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? / Do We Still Have Guys Who Can Wait Till Marriage Before Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hello Fellow N'landers'

Do people still subscribe to the idea of "abstinence from pre-marital intimacy" in relationships, these days?

In the last couple of years i've met potential suitors who walked, soon as they learnt pre-marital intimacy won't be on offer.

I'm tired of this trend, i need to meet people of like mind...are they still out there?

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by madridguy(m): 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
Yes.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Vutseck(m): 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
it's like signing a document without going through the contents

only men with inferiority complex can take such a gamble

if a lady's puna is as wide as Bore hole and deceive a man into such an agreement then who loose

this is a life time agreement Jare...no room for mistakes
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
flowers4me:
Hello Fellow N'landers'

Do people still subscribe to the idea of "abstinence from pre-marital intimacy" in relationships, these days?

In the last couple of years i've met potential suitors who walked, soon as they learnt pre-marital intimacy won't be on offer.

I'm tired of this trend, i need to meet people of like mind...are they still out there?

Yes but though if I were to speculate, people fear of ending up in a union especially when the other partner is asexual and hides it. I always visit Dead bedroom because I get my kicks from reading married people who are sexually frustrated, you'd see severe case like 12 years no sex because the other partner is not willing and unlike Nigeria nothing gives a man a jolt shock when the word Alimony pops up. Its in reddit thought not to say I support pre-intimacy just shedding light on a diff POV
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by soberdrunk(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
As long as the lady is a "virgin", you cannot give the cookie to "unserious" buyers and start forming Mary for a "serious" buyer. It is only a foolish man that will buy a "Naija used" car and not test drive it, even brand new car sef needs test driving sometimes.... angry

7 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by lilmax(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
soberdrunk:
As long as the lady is a "virgin", you cannot give the cookie to "unserious" buyers and start forming Mary for a "serious" buyer. It is only a foolish man that will buy a "Naija used" car and not test drive it, even brand new car sef needs test driving sometimes.... angry
grin
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Daviddson(m): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Yes, very many.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
Vutseck:
it's like signing a documents without going through the contents

if a lady's puna is as wide as Bole hole and deceive a man into such an agreement then who loose

Did you type "loose" intentionally or was that a mistake ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Vutseck(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
soberdrunk:

even the most expensive car ever made (2018 model) must be test driven before the final payment are made
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Vutseck(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
pcguru1:

Did you type "lose" intentionally or was that a mistake ?

the man looses bro,

it's like buying over sized pair of shoes which you can't return back to the seller

did you lose or not
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 10:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
Many thanks to you guys !

@ Madrid, @ Davids, good. i would like to make acquaintances with those.

@ Pcguru, your input is quite shocking and revealing at same time...thanks.

@ Sober, a non-virgin turned celibate can suffice.

@ Vutsec, its in a bid to not become that your "bore hole" illustration, that informed the decision of abstinence, cos most of people out there are on a "sampling spree" including you, who likes test-driving...lol cos any one you test and dump is a potential bore-hole, so why would any right-thinking female keep letting herself be sampled to be discriminated later on by the same people who spoilt her goods, huh?

18 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by yvesboss(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
There are still lot of guys out there with same policy as yours. I am of that opinion as well and i can tell you i know a lot of people that share the same view.

I pray you meet your support soon

10 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by saintvc(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2017
yes oooo cast rated men
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
yvesboss:
There are still lot of guys out there with same policy as yours. I am of that opinion as well and i can tell you i know a lot of people that share the same view.

Really? how come i kept meeting those whose opinion are on the contrary even inside the church?

Anyways, thanks for re-assuring my resolve.
Amen to the prayer and the same to you if you still searching.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by thorpido(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2017
Yes,there are men like that.It will depend on where you're searching though.

For a lady who's a virgin,it might be easier to get a man to agree with you but for a non-virgin who wants a no sex relationship,the guy might think there's something you're hiding.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by bellong: 8:11am On Oct 01, 2017
It doesn't matter if you are a virgin or not, you have the right to say no to pre-marital sex. It also gives you the opportunity to eliminate unserious suitors.

However, your decision should be done in good faith, either as a result of a new conviction or repentance and shouldn't be a way to "con" men.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2017
well they are but they are very very very very very rare.

and they might only do it for the first few months and get frustrated with the whole idea.

As for me tho I don't subscribe to the whole abstinence thing maybe because I also don't subscribe to religion.

These days alot of people are deceitful so it's best you know the whole deal about someone you hope to marry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2017
thorpido:
Yes,there are men like that.It will depend on where you're searching though.

For a lady who's a virgin,it might be easier to get a man to agree with you but for a non-virgin who wants a no sex relationship,the guy might think there's something you're hiding.

Okay, thanks. i have met men online and offline who dont agree, even in the churches.

Then regarding the 'hiding stuff ish', nothing is being hidden, the decision is in a bid to lookout for one's self in order not to become damaged goods to the deserving man after falling prey to professional samplers fronting to be suitors.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2017
bellong:
It doesn't matter if you are a virgin or not, you have the right to say no to pre-marital sex. It also gives you the opportunity to eliminate unserious suitors.

However, your decision should be done in good faith, either as a result of a new conviction or repentance and shouldn't be a way to "con" men.

Thanks for your input.
This resolve is in utmost good faith. I'm not out to con anyone and in the same vein, dont want anyone conning me.
God help me to meet my kind sooner than i expect.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2017
Evaberry:

well they are but they are very very very very very rare.

and they might only do it for the first few months and get frustrated with the whole idea.

As for me tho I don't subscribe to the whole abstinence thing maybe because I also don't subscribe to religion.

These days alot of people are deceitful so it's best you know the whole deal about someone you hope to marry.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by bellong: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2017
flowers4me:

Thanks for your input.
This resolve is in utmost good faith. I'm not out to con anyone and in the same vein, dont want anyone conning me.
God help me to meet my kind sooner than i expect.

I believe you will. However, diamonds and golds don't come shining in their raw form until they pass through fire. The person may not have the outward characteristics you are after but will surely have the depth that you desire.

Goodluck and Godspeed.

9 Likes

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2017
yvesboss:

Please direct them to this topic, i need to meet my kind, thanks.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Daviddson:
Yes, very many.
Please send them a link to this post, thanks.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2017
Vutseck:
it's like signing a documents without going through the contents

if a lady's puna is as wide as Bole hole and deceive a man into such an agreement then who loose

Answer the question please.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2017
madridguy:
Yes.
I'd like to know them please.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2017
bellong:

I believe you will. However, diamonds and golds don't come shining in their raw form until they pass through fire. The person may not have the outward characteristics you are after but will surely have the depth that you desire.

Goodluck and Godspeed.

Really insightful ! thanks so much.
Amen.
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by madridguy(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2017
I'm number 1.

flowers4me:

I'd like to know them please.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by flowers4me(f): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2017
madridguy:
I'm number 1.

Oh, okay..

I actually meant for you to send them to see my topic in the hope of possibly getting acquainted with the 'single and searching one'...

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by madridguy(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Where do you stay?

flowers4me:

Oh, okay..

I actually meant for you to send them to see my topic in the hope of possibly getting acquainted with the 'single and searching one'...
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by sisisioge: 11:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Oh, you see a good size 40 leather shoes that promised durability, comfort and affordability. Baby, you a perfect size 40. Thank God! It should fit...You took it home a happy person.

On your first wear, it didn't quite fit well but you told yourself it's leather, it's one of a kind, you will grown into each other grin Whew! cos now you've got tons of blisters to show for your bravo. May God help us shop for the best fit... hallelujah grin grin grin

I didn't kuku say anything, I just said check your shoes wella cool
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2017
sisisioge:
Oh, you see a good size 40 leather shoes that promised durability, comfort and affordability. Baby, you a perfect size 40. Thank God! It should fit...You took it home a happy person.

On your first wear, it didn't quite fit well but you told yourself it's leather, it's one of a kind, you will grown into each other grin Whew! cos now you've got tons of blisters to show for your bravo. May God help us shop for the best fit... hallelujah grin grin grin

I didn't kuku say anything, I just said check your shoes wella cool
You said plenty wink
Re: Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? by domexydomen1: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
flowers4me:
Hello Fellow N'landers'

You'll meet them soon enough... But before then, weigh your risks.

I can tell you the risk is higher abstaining... Its like gambling a big odd. What are the chances?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Months After Wedding, No Sex. Help! / We Have A Big Violence Problem In Nigeria / A Four-Year-Old Survives Three-Story Building Fall And Landed On His Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.