Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React (29484 Views)

Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by lomprico(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Culture is different from religion!

Jesus never condemned the jewish culture.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by wisesoul(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Africa and African will always have issues till eternity because we are all brain washed by this region of a thing. we were living in cordial relationship along different regions and ethnicity before the advent of either Christianity or Islam. After we embraced those regions, we now see our fellow brothers as devils. was it not written that Jesus the Saviour entered into a tax collectors house ( Jesus Came to a sinner), so what is now wrong when a sinner, an unbeliever go to church ( a sinner coming to God)? You guyz will come here to criticise people and churches as if you guyz are saints. Nobody is a saint, the Catholic Church has shown over the years to be one of the most tolerating church. The church continue growing despite the pull down syndrome. Forget Masquerade, strife to make heaven and continue preaching the goodnews to unbelievers, the Masquerade has heard the goodnews, it's left for him to believe or not. the

4 Likes

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by lomprico(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2017
juman:
Yiiboo that worship so many gods.

Have u minned any skulls lately?
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by pedo360: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2017
Hypocrites everywhere. Why do you guys still attend traditional marriage if you don't believe in the African culture. Even Rev. Father de attend new yam festival, so why masqurade no go attend ordination of a priest. I rep Africa to the fullest, say o to mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by kabawa(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2017
Thank Almighty Allah for making me a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by lomprico(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2017
alnino94:
please who can send me that "nkita racha GI anya" meme I saw on one of Fb comment screenshots
grin grin

Zoom the page, screen grab the pic, crop it and save.

U use a smart phone, be smart!!
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by lomprico(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2017
pedo360:
Hypocrites everywhere. Why do you guys still attend traditional marriage if you don't believe in the African culture. Even Rev. Father de attend new yam festival, so why masqurade no go attend ordination of a priest. I rep Africa to the fullest, say o to mental slavery.

Abeg tell the brainwashed mofos oo!
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by sam4(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2017
There is nothing wrong in it, Christianity is not for the saved souls alone but for all. The door is open for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by oluwafemi113(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2017
I see nothing wrong here
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by abilemi(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2017
dokiOloye:
Classical example of Live and let live.
That's how we roll in d east.
Nowadays,masquerades are harmless fun,nothing fetish about them.
as much as I was about to attack, I do have to agree with him. I attended a burial in the east Las month. I drank beer with the masquerade later in the evening. We later fought sha, because of sharing formula. Lagos guy like me, busy pointing dignitaries yo the masquerade.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by talk2percy(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2017
This church people sef, una matter dey tire me. This is people's culture and there's nothing wrong with it. The white man brought his culture to u, u bought it hook, line and sinker without asking any question. Una no d shame?

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by pedo360: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2017
kabawa:
Thank Almighty Allah for making me a Muslim
Thak God say bokoharam and isis are not christians but muslims.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by 2shure: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2017
Abegi
Catholic na church
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by kabawa(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2017
pedo360:

Thak God say bokoharam and isis are not christians but muslims.

That one na your own palava be that .

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2017
Papiikush:

It is unbiblical nevertheless.
Travel to heaven and tell God. Holier than
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Guyman02: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2017
jayne8585yahoo:
Na war for you guys, you don't like masquerade but you like BANEY, anything African tradition is fetish for you right?. My culture my pride. wink wink wink

They even pay to attend Halloween in the west but will condemn a harmless event like this masquerade. I hope operation python dance won't be declared to crush this masquerade which threatens national unity because it is Igbo
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by mamachizzy(f): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
what is wrong with a little display of culture? anyway some of u have become catholic bounty hunters. Anything the catholic church does, gives u headache

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Shaev7(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Spylord48:
ordinary harmless masquerade that have been part of our culture since. yet some of us will be praising the white and even attend their carnivals.
we Africans don't appreciate what we have eh.
if Na for Europe or America, people Will surely pay big money just to catch a glimpse of it..But here most of us claim that we are more holy and religious than Jesus yet we are hypocrites indeed.
Priest preach against idolatries and sorts of deity linked worshippers, this is simply form of entertainment to me, if he feel is for spiritual purpose, he wouldn't have accepted it. So thanks for making some of them know that Africans forget some of their good traditions and appreciate that of the Western one.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Robisky001(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
What's the whole fuss about? This is what is called inculturation in the Catholic Church.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by uzolexis(f): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
Apina:
The same set of persons who wanna copy Halloween(smh) Ignorant people everywhere undecided

These same pple allow Father Christmas come into their church during Christmas, they see nothing wrong or unchristian in it. Tell me what' s the difference btw Father Christmas and an African masquerade. Cos oyibo pple brought one it's acceptable but the African one is evil. Brainwashed Africans.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by dikeigbo2(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Even the writer can adorn as many masquerades as he likes.......afterall it will soon be a national agency for masquerade adorning and keepers.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by cyrilamx(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Is not assimilation rather inculturation. Meaning u have to take what is good in ur tradition an christianise it. Even Paul at Athens used the deity of unknown god to preach the truth of the living God to the people. Same way churches make use of some traditional musical instruments during songs. Those who criticise this move tend to celebrate Halloween on November 1st which is a corruption of the Catholic celebration of All Saints Day (All Hallows)
aariwa:
Catholic church assimilates the culture of their host communities .

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
I was there live, d priest in question is from a community known as Aro - Ndizuogu, Okigwe in imo state. Masquerade is there cultural heritage, him as a priest identified with it and noting festish in that...
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
is masquerade satanic things...pple should gbagbe oshi joor
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by missuniverse(f): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Congrats Padre

Jesus did not come to abolish the law...

you don't preach to a traditionalist without first embracing him.

I can't and will not listen to any evangelist that expresses disdain at my belief

appreciate me
and I ll appreciate you

moreover, I think that masquerade is harmless
Everyone has a culture

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Lumig: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Most of my pple in the east can NEVER be a Christian without some idol worshiping. I don't blame them though, but I blame the Pastors, Bishops, Fathers and the church in general that did not teach them the true word of God,you can't worship God and mamon together, you choose one. Masquerade in a Christian gathering? Abomination!!! The world has finally entered the Church
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
so long that's a Catholic Church, the use of Masquerade is a normal norm there. Catholic and fetish practices is like 5 and 6.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
MhizzAJ:
There's nothing wrong in that afterall it's part of our cultural heritage
It's absolutely wrong because as Christians we're meant to be a shining light and not to conform to the world practice. Masquerade dance is a cultural heritage no doubt but it has some form idolatry in it no matter how we try to paint it.it shouldn't be mixed with Christianity.You can't serve two masters are the same time.It's either you serve one and leave the other. If the priest needs masquerade dance then he should quit the priesthood and follow masquerade dance not bring such practice to the church
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by kizyalex10(m): 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
These penticostals came nd want flush away our tradition.guess datz why catholic is for the matured mind,masqurade is for entertainment,which is part of our culture.pope Francis pictured drinking beer.its his Tradition as a german.stop attacking catholics I beg u people.you can never reduce our population with proper gander,@ d end we will knw who made d right choice.heaven is nt a church race but personal.
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Igweann979(f): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Partnerbiz3 post=60997469]Holy masque grin grin grin
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by Igweann979(f): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Holy masquerade
grin grin grin
Re: Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React by mechanics(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
hmmmmm, mixing Christianity with tradition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? / Pope To Young Italians: Don't Be Selfish, We Need More Children Than Pets / The Lord’s Chosen Auditorium Collapses In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.