Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. (56133 Views)

Why Did Davido Call Mercy Johnson And Her Husband 'wicked, Evil People'? / "I Once Signed Wizkid & Davido, But Nigerians Don't Honour Music Contracts"—Akon / Did Davido Flout NYSC Bye-Laws By Leaving Camp For Boston Tour?- Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Ikenna792(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
Carliswagmalip:
I made up my mind not to talk about this Davido and Wizkid thing again.... But!!!

Wait o, So Wizkid made history in UK... Why I'm gonna cough is this...

We africans don't recognize ourselves...

Wizkid went to UK, to the royal hall wich carries a population of JUST 5400 people, with a worth of $200k(I'm a blogger I know my facts)

I heard he sang Ojualegba and had the whole UK singing to it(Ycee and Maleek Berry had the whole crowd singing to Juice at the just concluded Jay-Z's concert)

Yeaaah!! WizzzzY Wizkid made history!! And I love him 4 always Creating history...

Okkkklay!!!

Davido made something very very unique, his 30 Billion World tour Was epic and legendary!!!

What I'm using to counter my broda who posted about Wizzy is this...

1.If Davido had gone to The Royal(whatever) he'll have pulled the same amount of crowd if not more.. Because the numbers don't lie
. Davido has a higher fan base.. On instagram he has 4.9million on twitter he has 2.7m

Wizkid on insta has 4m and on twitter has 3.1m
So for the fact that he has a greater fan base, him in the Royal.... Will have been iconic!!

2. Wizkid made history in a hall which houses barley 5.4k people but Davido made Mali stadium shake.... I don't need to browse the figure but a stadium beats a hall by capacity, well the Bamako stadium in Mali houses 25k people and it was filled to the brim with people hanging outside, when I watched the Video on his insta page I had goose flesh!!!!! Damn.

3.UK is an english speaking country, infact fadas of english And Ojualegba has some touch of english but I don't know of one Davido's song that has French and the Malians Were vibing to it(What more can you ask for mehn!! ���)

I even saw a woman old enough to be Davido's mother weeping to meet ObO!! Awwwww

Other things that makes Obo the hottest this year is this.....

Originality and humility(I'll talk about this later)

Well, I'm not here to shout that Davido is better than Wizkid or Wizkid is better than Davido I'm only here to build on the idea of

ONE AFRICA...

Davido is a boss and so is Wizkid... Their Beef is healthy for their career!!

So brodas leave it, Davido created history in Mali!!! To hell with Oyibo and their INTIMIDATION Wizkid is Legend and so is Davido.....

Thank You��

#CarliswagBlog_Sees #CarliswagBlog #Humblebeginnings #ForTheLoveOfBlogging #Hustler #OneAfrica #OneNigeria #ApreciateOurPeople

(plenty errors I know)

I made the post first on my blog!! See my link here... You definitely love my blog, and my style of reporting news I bet you! ��

https://www.carliswag.com/2017/09/30/�-wizkid-made-history-davido-well-i-stand-one_africa.html

Well said... one africa.. respct both legends... except the fan base part... well social media is nt all after all many ronaldo fans in d street rnt even on ig or twitter... same as in music... its "possible" dat most f wizkids fans arnt on social media.... so dnt use twitter and ig to determine fan base... cos wizzy has more street cred dan davido.... ask ojuelegba... dey know his story grin

1 Like

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by TrendedNG(f): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Davido fans on this one... Lo

Visit http://trended.ng for latest and most viral content from all over the Internet

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Eniqma(f): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=GibsonB post=60992413]Brotherly you have made no point infact your points are dead on arrival, go back to bed, pull your cloths and have a good sleep..

Today is Independence day, stop making noise, we want to hear buhari on TV very well ok? grin[ you just murdered the op]
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by IamOpemipo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Them aquatic fan base are always aggressive, why grin grin
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by femi4: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
iVentHub:
(I'm a blogger I know my facts) Pele o Mr Facts
Yet you were not patient enough to consult your FACT bank for the difference between BARELY and BARLEY. OP is this what you want to be doing till you clock 57?
Please come up with a CV that can get you a job to feed yourself and quit blogging.
Happy 57th Independence Anniversary Nigeria.
He's not complaining, blogging is his passion. Address the message not the messenger.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by BiiDii(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Can that funny voice give a pure rendition of his songs live on stage without dj back up. I doubt.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by skimmy005: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
I lost interest in your write up when I saw that you used the amount of Social media followers to equate fan base. Your brain is paining you.
wat abt YouTube views na, sha na animals DA watch dem? u no fit still use YouTube views equate fan base abi?? just accept d fact davido gat more fans Dan wizzy, d tin is DAT wiz qat a betta management Dan Dav, imagine wiz manager old osagie old enough to be wiz grandpa.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Kendroid: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
GibsonB:
Brotherly you have made no point infact your points are dead on arrival, go back to bed, pull your cloths and have a good sleep..

Today is Independence day, stop making noise, we want to hear buhari on TV very well ok? grin

azin eeh

I just wasted my little precious time reading trash.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Ikenna792(m): 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
skimmy005:
wat abt YouTube views na, sha na animals DA watch dem u no fit still use YouTube views equate fan base abi??

Nope... cos most pple rada download mp4 dey cn save n watch anytime dan youtube dat buffers and eats mb like mad
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by skimmy005: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ikenna792:

Nope... cos most pple rada download mp4 dey cn save n watch anytime dan youtube dat buffers and eats mb like mad
which means DAT wiz fans are broke ass? grin
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by nightmile: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
You are a baby blogger leave the boys alone stop creating unhealthy competition between them. Hand to mouth and stomach blogger
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Ikenna792(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
skimmy005:
which means DAT wiz fans are broke ass? grin

Dnt mk urself luk ignorant online.... a fan is a fan... nd sm pple just dnt use twitter and youtube... just by choice.... dame way smpple dnt use facebook and snap chat...
Chelsea fans dat you mostly see in beer palour rnt dey fans grin
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by eph12(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
clevadani:
Do you?
No, do you?
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by faithogiga(m): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
That David has a higher following than Ayo on social media means he will fill the Royal Albert Hall?
You intelligence dey weak me OP.
When does social media following equal real life event troopers.

Have you listened to a Davido acappella? You know his voice his very bad? You know they play CD track 1 track 2 at his shows.

He can't fill half of Royal Albert Hall sir. People know the real life shows to spend their money on. And in case you forgot, Royal Albert Hall is not in Lagos, it's in London.

1/4 of the people in that hall aren't seeing wizkid for the first time.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by natznext(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Usually I don't reply posts like this but...

You messed up big, you don't settle disputes or try to unite people  by throwing counter shades or facts and figures.... you'll only re ignite it

Fan Base...
You can't judge fan base size by IG and Twitter alone

Talk streaming figures
Talk youtube views
Talk every digital platform

Btws, Wiz is the most streamed African act
Wiz is less active on IG
More active on Twitter, hence more twitter followers than David 

To sold out concerts
Wiz has also sold out all of those stadiums in Africa you mentioned 
So selling out that London Hall in 72hrs is a big deal, ask Olamide 
Davids 30billion tour venues were mostly small venues, you're a blogger, you should know
Wiz does proper shows proper venues
Stage performances and stage craftmanship, Band synergy, Wiz is A+, David needs support most times

Now, Davido is a great artist, Hits after hits.. works very hard and is good at what he does, but if you want the sad truth... Wiz is better!.
...and you don't even want me to delve into details ‎
Numbers don't lie, facts and figures are everywhere 

Now, you just dragged David with your post

I repeat Davido is a great artist, might be a little erratic in person, but a great act.‎

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by JIGHU(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
SO YOU THINK THAT HALL WAS FILLED BY OYIBO PEOPLE ? HAHAHAHAHA.......IT WAS FILLED BY ILLEGAL AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS MOSTLY BORED TO DEATH IN UK
classicpeezy:
All these frog voice people ehn, that was how one stupid guy started arguing with me yesterday. Davido can shut down Albert Hall, let him go and try it first, you think oyinbos are interested in croaking voice? Y'all better give respek to whom it's due.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
skimmy005:
wat abt YouTube views na, sha na animals DA watch dem? u no fit still use YouTube views equate fan base abi?? just accept d fact davido gat more fans Dan wizzy, d tin is DAT wiz qat a betta management Dan Dav, imagine wiz manager old osagie old enough to be wiz grandpa.

Davido does not have more fan base than WizKid. Of you dont believe,Argue with your boxers.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by lebete3000: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
natznext:
Usually I don't reply posts like this but...

You messed up big, you don't settle disputes or try to unite people  by throwing counter shades or facts and figures.... you'll only re ignite it

Fan Base...
You can't judge fan base size by IG and Twitter alone

Talk streaming figures
Talk youtube views
Talk every digital platform

Btws, Wiz is the most streamed African act
Wiz is less active on IG
More active on Twitter, hence more twitter followers than David 

To sold out concerts
Wiz has also sold out all of those stadiums in Africa you mentioned 
So selling out that London Hall in 72hrs is a big deal, ask Olamide 
Davids 30billion tour venues were mostly small venues, you're a blogger, you should know
Wiz does proper shows proper venues
Stage performances and stage craftmanship, Band synergy, Wiz is A+, David needs support most times

Now, Davido is a great artist, Hits after hits.. works very hard and is good at what he does, but if you want the sad truth... Wiz is better!.
...and you don't even want me to delve into details ‎
Numbers don't lie, facts and figures are everywhere 

Now, you just dragged David with your post

I repeat Davido is a great artist, might be a little erratic in person, but a great act.‎

Pls why should he ask Olamide??

1 Like

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by dasean1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
MustiizRaja:
u made a mistake you should have started your gist with an intro the same way RADIO KWARA domstat there

OKODORO ORO

with this people will knw u wanna say the truth but indidnt see this their which makes ur fact not reliable

mustiizRaja.... so you're here too. meanwhile, congratulations bro�. more blessings! hw we go pop champagne on oct20th nw
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by ogunleye557(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
sEGXY2:
All these frog fans self, instead of acknowledging the fact that wizzy pulled a feat that davido might never be able to pull till the end of his lame ass career, y'all arguing baselessly.

Most naija artist can easily shut down any show anywhere in Africa heck even yung6ix would shut down Mali but how many can shut Royal Albert Hall in UK? tell me how many naija artist has pulled such feat. Pls appreciate greatness y'all. And don't come telling me Davido can do it, if he can let him goan do it.
.. Royal albert Hall u say, been there?..... Stop beefing they're both great... I'm a sheeran lover tho
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by ogunleye557(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
dasean1:

mustiizRaja.... so you're here too. meanwhile, congratulations bro�. more blessings! hw we go pop champagne on oct20th nw
my unilorites

1 Like

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by MustiizRaja(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
dasean1:

boss na everywhere we dey ooo

1 Like

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by MustiizRaja(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
ogunleye557:
my unilorites
abi now lols
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by ogunleye557(m): 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
MustiizRaja:

abi now lols
aw far male we connect. Make we chop rice
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Thedevilyouknow: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
What you don't seem to understand is that, okay Davido made 25k capacity stadium shake(for free)
Wizkid shut down a capacity of 5.4k for more than 200k dols per head

If Wizkid used Emirate Stadium in England and the show was for free! Trust me he'd also shut it down

Never compare, Wizzy issa LEGEND #Babanla # sftos

2 Likes

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by abdulkayus(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thedevilyouknow:
What you don't seem to understand is that, okay Davido made 25k capacity stadium shake(for free)
Wizkid shut down a capacity of 5.4k for more than 200k dols per head

If Wizkid used Emirate Stadium in England and the show was for free! Trust me he'd also shut it down

Never compare, Wizzy issa LEGEND #Babanla # sftos

Guy, keep quiet abeg. Do u know what 200k dollars is? That u are saying it is 200k dollars per head. That 200k dollars is the alleged total money realise from the show.
Make una no dey disgrace una self for here pls.
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by AkupeMBANO(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Trash!!!
E pain am
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by MustiizRaja(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
ogunleye557:
aw far male we connect. Make we chop rice

lols
I no dey go for convo
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by omoluka: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
belindar:
The bottom line is that these people are singing to Africans abroad. How many whites, Asian, Chinese were present?.so when they said they perform in uk, USA , ask yourself who are they singing to and people present
U correct
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by BrutalJab: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
naijaboiy:

Na today? Wizkid has sold out shows in stadiums too. I'm pretty sure he even did that before your frog artiste. grin

Bring another talk.

A proof that the show was his or shut up forever.

1 Like

Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by omoluka: 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
slyfoxxjoe:
my friend keep quiet. Almost any popular Nigerian artiste will shut down that same venue. There is a high concentration of Nigerians and Africans in the UK and they will always come out for a show.. I saw the audience in the Wizkid show and it was almost entirely black with some Lebanese looking white people. Davido had a show in America cancelled by police because over 4,000 people (mostly Africans) turned up at a venue that had less than 1,500 capacity. The truth is these guys only appeal to Africans abroad and a few white people with African connections. I will never respect them until they can do what Fela did and shut down Giants Stadium in New Jersey with an almost all white audience. That's when you know you are truly internationally recognized.
U correct
Re: Yes, Wizkid Made History And So Did Davido, But I Stand With One Africa. by Kzealz(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Not into this wizkid and Davido comparism...
But anytime this issue comes up, I always see
People trying so hard to defend Davido while Wizkid's legendary speaks for its self.....

Op u are judging the dou by instagram followers
And u forget they are different between media attention and what people can do for u in real life...
Quote me anywhere... David is good but not better than Ayo...
One reason is that Ayo wrote 80% of his work...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jada Pollock Shows Her Circle Of Friends (photos) / Queen Osem Celestine And Donald Trump Pictured Together / Michelle Gentry Graduates From Secondary School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.