Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Mercy & Grace Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mercy & Grace Of God (6270 Views)

Osinbajo Preaches Mercy, Grace For Nigeria In Christmas Day Message / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. / Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Antichristus: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
If that God is all-loving, all-merciful, all-good and gracious, why is there evil and suffering in the world--many necessitated by the so called acts of God for which humans aren't accountable/responsible?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Ericsunday619 post=61001240][/quote] You're free to believe whatever you see. Besides, you don't even have a perfect life either. As per the photo, I'd wish you stop giving those demons a chance in your life. Those demons have blinded you from seeing the exact thing.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naff24:

For the fact HE knows your problem doesn't mean you shouldn't pray.

This statement of your contradictory to the omni-nature of god.

Your father know your needs, why do you request from him your school fees? You should have sit back there and relax, shebi it's his responsibilities to cater for your needs and see if it will happen.

What are you saying?
Your analogy doesn't rhyme at all. Anyways, I will still attend it. I don't request for school fee from my parents. Without me telling them, they do it.

Furthermore, my parent don't claim to be OMNI which invalidates them from been god the all knowing, all loving.
Our prayers to God, it's like reminder.

At this junction, you don't even know the attributes of God. You don't know what it means for someone to be OMNI.
I beg you visit your dictionary to get a better view before spewing trash at me.

BTW, did you just say prayer is a reminder? Lol
You mean to say God has forgotten. If yes, then he's not powerful and omni. If no, then why remind him of what you want via prayer
That's our tools of communicating with HIM,

And why do you communicate with him if he's omni?
How do you know he's understanding you since the Ways of God ain't the ways of man.
An adage says.... Ask and you shall be given.

And another Bible verse says "before you're born, I knew thee"
Psalm 23 "the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"

Wait, why am I even telling you this...

Fall sick for a moment, then you will appreciate how precious good health is.

I have fell ill countless of times. So what's ya point?
If God takes the hands you are using to type this poo, or blinds those eyes you are using to see this update, then you will know you need more than prayer in your life.

Do you have evidence that God gave me the organs you listed or you're framing and assuming?

BTW, let's assume it's a god that gave me these organs, now I ask, which God? Is that god Panku, Zeus, Brahma, Krishna, Thor, Ra, Vishnu, Yahweh, Allah, Amadioha, Sango etc. Which god gave me the hand?
Now you are saying God forbid abi, I know... That 'God forbid' it's a prayer on its own.

Your thoughts are deceiving you. You must be hallucinating believing/thinking I said "GOD FORBID"
Either you like it or not, you do pray consciously or unconsciously.

You're just talking trash.
Your wishes alone, I want to be this and that are all form prayers.

Another trash

Receive sense biko undecided
Ad-homimem
Anyways from the look of things, it's obvious you need that sense now

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Ericsunday619: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
You're free to believe whatever you see. Besides, you don't even have a perfect life either. As per the photo, I'd wish you stop giving those demons a chance in your life. Those demons have blinded you from seeing the exact thing.
cheesy demons is not my problem but Jesus Christ the dead carpenter
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Antichristus:
If that God is all-loving, all-merciful, all-good and gracious, why is there evil and suffering in the world--many necessitated by the so called acts of God for which humans aren't accountable/responsible?
Free-will. You choose your path. A lot of people have chosen to do evil, that's why there has been rampant evil Ij the world. You asking this particular question is also borne out from the very evil part of your life. No right-thinking individual would start asking these questions.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ericsunday619:
cheesy demons is not my problem but Jesus Christ the dead carpenter
He was dead, but now he is risen; and he'll come again. You can say all the bad things you want to say about Jesus, but it doesn't change the fact that he died for your sins.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Ericsunday619: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
He was dead, but now he is risen; and he'll come again. You can say all the bad things you want to say about Jesus, but it doesn't change the fact that he died for your sins.
that Jewish bastard die for the Jewish people not me
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Free-will. You choose your path.

If you think freewill is an escape route to explain god OMNI-blablabla
Then it's still paradoxical to the fact that god is the master planner. And if he gave us freewill, why punish people despite giving them the right to choose good and bad. Explaining this will land you to defiling the OMNI-nature of God

A lot of people have chosen to do evil, that's why there has been rampant evil Ij the world.

Yet he will still punish people despite he gave them freewill?

BTW, are you aware that evil is God's construct
He already knew some people will choose evil. God is the evil being.

Furthermore, when you read the Bible, you will realise the evil you're shouting about is created by God himself. (read Isaiah 45:7)
You asking this particular question is also borne out from the very evil part of your life. No right-thinking individual would start asking these questions.
No right thinking human will think god is omni and gave freewill
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by DoctorAlien(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

Then it's still paradoxical to the fact that god is the master planner. And if he gave us freewill, why punish people despite giving them the right to choose good and bad. Explaining this will land you to defiling the OMNI-nature of God

What do you know about the Bible and the plan of Salvation?

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

What do you know about the Bible and the plan of Salvation?
I was an Ex-christian..

Hope you know.
BTW, It seems you know the Bible, Salvation & this God too well, can you educate us wink
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by DoctorAlien(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

I was an Ex-christian..

Hope you know.
BTW, It seems you know the Bible, Salvation & this God too well, can you educate us wink

What don't you understand?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Naff24(f): 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

This statement of your contradictory to the omni-nature of god.

What are you saying?
Your analogy doesn't rhyme at all. Anyways, I will still attend it. I don't request for school fee from my parents. Without me telling them, they do it.

Furthermore, my parent don't claim to be OMNI which invalidates them from been god the all knowing, all loving.

At this junction, you don't even know the attributes of God. You don't know what it means for someone to be OMNI.
I beg you visit your dictionary to get a better view before spewing trash at me.

BTW, did you just say prayer is a reminder? Lol
You mean to say God has forgotten. If yes, then he's not powerful and omni. If no, then why remind him of what you want via prayer

And why do you communicate with him if he's omni?
How do you know he's understanding you since the Ways of God ain't the ways of man.

And another Bible verse says "before you're born, I knew thee"
Psalm 23 "the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want"

I have fell ill countless of times. So what's ya point?

Do you have evidence that God gave me the organs you listed or you're framing and assuming?

BTW, let's assume it's a god that gave me these organs, now I ask, which God? Is that god Panku, Zeus, Brahma, Krishna, Thor, Ra, Vishnu, Yahweh, Allah, Amadioha, Sango etc. Which god gave me the hand?

Your thoughts are deceiving you. You must be hallucinating believing/thinking I said "GOD FORBID"

You're just talking trash.

Another trash
Ad-homimem
Anyways from the look of things, it's obvious you need that sense now

I gave up on you. Your problem is beyond redemption undecided
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naff24:

I gave up on you. Your problem is beyond redemption undecided
Next time, get & know ya match if you wanna start /engage into an argument.

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Nuhvey(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:

Next time, get ya match wanna you wanna start an argument.
cheesy cheesy, delivered it perfectly
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by adepeter2027(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nuhvey:

cheesy cheesy, delivered it perfectly
LoL

Some people think others dumb just like they are....

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Antichristus: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
Free-will. You choose your path. A lot of people have chosen to do evil, that's why there has been rampant evil Ij the world. You asking this particular question is also borne out from the very evil part of your life. No right-thinking individual would start asking these questions.

Is human free-will responsible for earthquakes (e.g. the recent one which took place in Mexico, killing school children), volcanoes and other natural disasters for which no human can be held accountable?

If you're a loving dad and you allow your child freedom to play in the neighborhood, if they start to misuse the freedom to the point where it is becoming detrimental, would you not use your authority (power) and, out of love, for their own good, withdraw the privilege? Also, why do the innocents suffer?

@ the BOLDEN part. This tells me you're a complete idiot who, like the cavemen in Plato's Allegory of the Cave, is happy living in ignorance. Take Socrates advice for "the unexamined life is not worth living." Don't die in your ignorance.

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Antichristus:

Is human free-will responsible for earthquakes (e.g. the recent one which took place in Mexico, killing school children), volcanoes and other natural disasters for which no human can be held accountable?

If you're a loving dad and you allow your child freedom to play in the neighborhood, if they start to misuse the freedom to the point where it is becoming detrimental, would you not use your authority (power) and, out of love, for their own good, withdraw the privilege? Also, why do the innocents suffer?

@ the BOLDEN part. This tells me you're a complete idiot who, like the cavemen in Plato's Allegory of the Cave, is happy living in ignorance. Take Socrates advice for "the unexamined life is not worth living." Don't die in your ignorance.

To get the answers to these questions is not a hard nut to crack. Just take a pill and go to the other side of life. I believe you'd get your answer the moment you wake up in the other side.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by Antichristus: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
To get the answers to these questions is not a hard nut to crack. Just take a pill and go to the other side of life. I believe you'd get your answer the moment you wake up in the other side.

If you sorely missed out on good education, please educate your own children so they do not turn out to be such an ignoramus like you.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by skillatch(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
grin
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by skillatch(m): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
adepeter2027:

Yet he will still punish people despite he gave them freewill?

BTW, are you aware that evil is God's construct
He already knew some people will choose evil. God is the evil being.

Furthermore, when you read the Bible, you will realise the evil you're shouting about is created by God himself. (read Isaiah 45:7)

No right thinking human will think god is omni and gave freewill

Wow you so good. U spend so much time trying to make people feel bad about what they believe..What a life !!!
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by hopefulLandlord: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Valid point @Highlighted

Everything known and written, were told and written by Men(opinionated and manipulative)

People have every right to believe in whatever delusion makes their life easier, If you chose to farm out your responsibilities to an Imagined being in the "hope" of gaining riches and heaven(both are still unproven to be factually possible)

Hell ............it's your life by all means go ahead

But if you believe that water is made up of H2O and yet choose to ignore other "proven scientific facts" that is the delusion of religion

Religion is basically a concept that requires you to be mentally redundant and ignorant enough to ignore objective reality.

*Salute*

1 Like

Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by butterflyl1on: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
adepeter2027:

Next time, get & know ya match if you wanna start /engage into an argument.

You want to try me for size?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by TheCarpenter(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You want to try me for size?
This is adepeter2027. My moniker got banned by anti-spam
Who will engage you? Me?
God forbid
BTW, I don't engage people in argument to win
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by butterflyl1on: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

This is adepeter2027. My moniker got banned by anti-spam

Who will engage you? Me?

God forbid

BTW, I don't engage people in argument to win

I am not engaging to win either grin
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by TheCarpenter(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I am not engaging to win either grin
You're not honest.
Anyways, no problem
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by butterflyl1on: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

You're not honest.

Anyways, no problem

Why are you making false accusations already? grin

Are you honest?
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by TheCarpenter(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Why are you making false accusations already? grin
Are you honest?
That's a question I can't answer.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by butterflyl1on: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

That's a question I can't answer.

Really? Yet you can answer mine but not yours?

Keep deceiving yaself.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by TheCarpenter(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Really? Yet you can answer mine but not yours?
Keep deceiving yaself.
Thank you.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by butterflyl1on: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
TheCarpenter:

Thank you.

No thank me o. No be food I give you . Na knowledge. But my kind of knowledge you reject it so it would have made sense if you said thank you for giving you food.
Re: The Mercy & Grace Of God by TheCarpenter(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

No thank me o. No be food I give you . Na knowledge. But my kind of knowledge you reject it so it would have made sense if you said thank you for giving you food.
Wahala rẹ poju

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Know The Meaning Of My Name ''QUAMDEEN'' / Supernatural Experience: Testimony Of Heaven And Hell- ((new - A Must Read!!)) / I Had Sex With My Pastor Daughter In Church Toilet Severally...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.