Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd (35910 Views)

COVID-19: Australian Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Anti-lockdown Protesters / Zuma Riot: Mum Throws Her Baby From A Burning Building After It Was Set Ablaze / Helicopter Carrying Colombia's President Ivan Duque Struck By Bullets In Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by oladeebo: 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
why all these crackdown in a civilised country like Spain?
Is self determination no longer right right of people?
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
freeze001:
Rubber bullets...no matter what, humanity and personal dignity is upheld but in this zoo, u are mauled with live ammunition like wild animals hunting for prey.

If biafra like, they can click 500,000 likes on nairaland, they are bunch of jokers. Spain operates an independent regional systems with each region having its identity and leader with level of autonomy as enshrined in their 1978 constitution.

Nowhere in the world will a military installations be assaulted without the ACT establishing such institution revolting.

Flying of Biafra flag across Nigerian Army check point after the flag was brought down on 15th January, 1970 is a great provocation. Throwing of objects at NA armoured carrier, fighting soldiers & making attempts to disarm a soldier are all nonsense. Can a Palestinian Army fly Palestinian flag across Israeli Army checkpoint? There is no way the Nigerian Army will not revolt. What happened at Benue & Odi during Obj has not happened in Abia, but the people are propaganda master blackmailing Nigeria everywhere.

I know there are so many Ibos at the American Embassy in Nigeria. They might be feeding the DEFENCE ATTACHE wrong information. The Nigerian government needs to look at the system of employment at the US embassy. The same Ibo protested indirectly at an EU operations in Nigeria that quota system is not used as most people that passed the interviewed conducted by the europeans were mainly from a particular ethnic group. That was around 2005.

1 Like

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
mrphysics:
The Spain's highest court have ruled the proposed Sunday referendum illegal.

Spain have since then arrested Catalonia leaders

To some people, Spain is a unity begging country. Lol.

Catalans are itching for Anaconda flamenco.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
@LordOfNaira You have said it all,sir. Thank you. The soldier can not be different from the population he was drawn from. The scenarios in this case are totally different from each other and must never be compared. Let the more intelligent ones amongst our number discern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
The same thing that's obtainable in Nigeria, is obtainable in Spain.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
unohbethel:
If a majority of people oppose any law then it has to be a bad law.

The Catalans want a referendum and reject Madrid's laws. And riot police attempting to prevent any vote will only make the situation worse. I suspect this will seriously damage any trust the rest of Spain might have had for Rajoy the spanish prime minister.

i can see rubber bullets not live ammunition as obtained here in nigeria..

nigeria is really a jungle.
Take a little trip to Julian Assange's twitter handle and see for yourself, before u call Nigeria a jungle, mind you these are peaceful referendum voters, yet they are manhandled in this manner.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
If Biafra like, they can click 500,000 likes on nairaland, they are bunch of jokers. Spain operates an independent regional systems with each region having its identity and leader with level of autonomy as enshrined in their 1978 constitution.

Nowhere in the world will a military installations be assaulted without the ACT establishing such institution revolting.

Flying of Biafra flag across Nigerian Army check point after the flag was brought down on 15th January, 1970 is a great provocation. Throwing of objects at NA armoured carrier, fighting soldiers & making attempts to disarm a soldier are all nonsense.

Can a Palestinian Army fly Palestinian flag across Israeli Army checkpoint? There is no way the Nigerian Army will not revolt. What happened at Benue & Odi during Obj has not happened in Abia, but the people are propaganda master blackmailing Nigeria everywhere.

I know there are so many Ibos at the American Embassy in Nigeria. They might be feeding the DEFENCE ATTACHE wrong information. The Nigerian government needs to look at the system of employment at the US embassy. The same Ibo protested indirectly at an EU operations in Nigeria that quota system is not used as most people that passed the interviewed conducted by the europeans were mainly from a particular ethnic group. That was around 2005.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by baralatie(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Believe me, Spain wont try shiit.
If the Spanish government use force, it will only escalate the cries of secession which will eventually lead to riot. Catalanians who never supported secession will have no choice but to follow their people.
One way or the other, Spain will have to let them go.
For fuucck sake, these guys have been asking for a seperate country for over two centuries now.
It is time to let them go
are you the VP of Spain that has made a statement that the leaders of the illegal referendum will be held accountable just some moments ago!
they should come and declare independence !
then they will know the consequences of secession
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by dbynonetwork: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

Learn To Use Rubber Bullets On Biafuro Protesters Abi?? Splendid, I'm Sending Ur Messages Across To The Defense Headquarters.

We Are Improvising Very Soon.

Dumb response..
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by bakila: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Paperwhite:
Acts of this kind tends to fuel more radical agitation.People have the fundamental right of association.
Bros this people don do their bombing and have overtaken the radical phase.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by emmafineboy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
whitebeard:
Ipob will say Nigerian method are the worse..!!

Ipob are too:

Tribal

Political

Nepotic

Hating

Proud

Ignorant

Foolish

Confused

PAMPERED..!!

See the nonsense ipob members are posting, did those people threaten Spain of the Spaniard prime minister, yet they were denied referendum.

Ipob threatened the president, Nigerian peace called Nigerians names, insulted Nigerians, even went as far to inaugurate BSS yet the Nigerian government offered KANU money to stop his nonsense yet KANU turned down the offer and bragged about it..now the government used force on ipob killing only 28 of them out of the millions supporters they claim to have..pls compare the Spaniard style to the Nigerian style..let's be fair always stand for the truth if u don't want to have headaches.
You said it all,they were lucky i was not sent to that mission if not me alone would've killed those idiot Ipob upto 50
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Seems like it's the season of Indigenous people seeking independence worldwide......Kurdistan, Catalonia, Biafra,Ambazonia.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by heysquare(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
freeze001:
Rubber bullets...no matter what, humanity and personal dignity is upheld but in this zoo, u are mauled with live ammunition like wild animals hunting for prey.
u call a country zoo and u r expecting to be treated like a pet! tell us hw u want to treated if not like a wild animal!

1 Like

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by DonBobes(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
freeze001:

D way we d ZOO lions will eliminate ur generations with 12.5mm or 05inch rds. Zoo occupants.

1 Like

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by DonBobes(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
heysquare:

u call a country zoo and u r expecting to be treated like a pet! tell us hw u want to treated if not like a wild animal!
Please inform him also d day we catch him trying to escape we will shoot him down fast. Fools
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by oladeebo: 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Catalan officials say at least 337 people have been injured in clashes as police try to prevent voting in Catalonia's independence referendum.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41461032
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by NothingDoMe: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:
you knw our own secessionist here are wild animal that most be tame with any military hardware available.
I believe you speak of Boko Haram. That one I can understand.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by osazsky(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

True.

By the same vein, protesters should use rubber stones and feather sticks.

Better still, protest without weapons or missiles.
shay stone dey kill, if I say make I stone u na, u go say I wicked,u know how many times I stone people for pry sch
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by tallestman79(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
DaBullIT:
Well, they didn't attack the police or army that's for sure

they didn't come out with molotov cocktails and dangerous weapons

And they definitely haven't been threatening President of Spain , if you want to compare spain to Nigeria , then you must learn to abide by the rules of your country
Ignoramus
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by baralatie(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
oladeebo:
Catalan officials say at least 337 people have been injured in clashes as police try to prevent voting in Catalonia's independence referendum.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41461032
Catalan have started blowing figures?

Euro new that is live on ground counted 38
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by oladeebo: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
DonBobes:

D way we d ZOO lions will eliminate ur generations with 12.5mm or 05inch rds. Zoo occupants.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-41461032www.wdsu.com/article/catalan-independence-referendum-has-begun/12667035
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by GavelSlam: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
osazsky:
shay stone dey kill, if I say make I stone u na, u go say I wicked,u know how many times I stone people for pry sch

Osas don come again.

Wetin kill Goliath?
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
DaBullIT:
Well, they didn't attack the police or army that's for sure

they didn't come out with molotov cocktails and dangerous weapons

And they definitely haven't been threatening President of Spain , if you want to compare spain to Nigeria , then you must learn to abide by the rules of your country

Since 1960 Nigerian president has been insulted by Nigerians of different tribes. I don't support public figures being insulted but d office goes wit such reactions. Nigeria s not exception mind u American Presidents get insulted by Americans.
So wen ppl defend themselves against security agents attack it turns out that they attacked the police nd the army ?
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by FLYFIRE(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

Were they innocent?
They signed for Biafra or death and they got death.
You that you are typing,did the army enter your house to kill you.g
Brainwashed Fo-l.
Do you want to live LONG? Watch you tongue.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Ajekuiya: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by PHILipu1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
FLYFIRE:
Do you want to live LONG? Watch you tongue.
Are you mad or just stupid?

1 Like

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by PHILipu1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
Eaa247:

Since 1960 Nigerian president has been insulted by Nigerians of different tribes. I don't support public figures being insulted but d office goes wit such reactions. Nigeria s not exception mind u American Presidents get insulted by Americans.
So wen ppl defend themselves against security agents attack it turns out that they attacked the police nd the army ?
Are you serious?
Has anybody in the past ever threaten to go to Abuja and bring the head of the president for his people?

1 Like

Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

Are you serious?
Has anybody in the past ever threaten to go to Abuja and bring the head of the president for his people?

don't fabricate story! today s Sunday!
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by Awoofawo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Spot on.

Nigerian Army, please no rubber bullets.

Oga Mogaji so you don joined tribal crew..................I throway salute !!!

Na peace we want for 9ja. All killing upandown must stop................To talk truth Buhari na Dictator, bigoty, sectional and unworthy of any presidential respect from 9jirian!

The 9ja are zombies in uniform....unreasonable nature.........na force dem dey uses settle every matter............the way they are handling IPOB...we may end up having another Boko in our hands soon.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by naptu2: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Video allegedly shows Spanish riot police evicting people from a polling centre.

https://twitter.com/manelrainers/status/914460939197583362
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by PHILipu1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
Eaa247:

don't fabricate story! today s Sunday!
Go online and search for Kanu recent videos before he disappeard and watch,if you don't understand igbo,find some one to interpret for you.
Re: Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd by FLYFIRE(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
PHILipu1:

Are you mad or just stupid?
I am asking again...you are just 22yrs . DO you want to live LONG? WATCH YOU TONGUE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The U.S. Navy Has Taken Back Control Of The Israel-affiliated Tanker Hijacked! / Robert Mugabe Jubilating After His Election In 1980 (Throwback Photos) / Niger: Mutiny In Niamey Over Unpaid Salaries Of Presidential Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.