Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying (102153 Views)

My Honest Review About Tstv / Much Ado About TSTV- The Epic And Monumental Fail Of Paytv / SEE DSTV FUNNY FACEBOOK POST THIS MORNING AFTER HEARING ABOUT TSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by wholey: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Dstv shld apologies to Nigerians and release all their station to every Nigerians for 1yr witout playing & I knw they will still be in business because they have been stealing from us since 90's. Endtime for DSTV + say no to bad foreign company in nigeria. #wedonwise#

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by dustmalik: 12:07am On Oct 02, 2017
sisimmi:
I was @ the launch @ Sheraton, Abuja. The crowd was impressive. Event was well organized. They promised all that we already know. The MD added that they have signed an MOU with MainOne to retail their data as part of the package and that the 20GB at first subscription is complementary. It got a lot on tongues wagging. If they can deliver data on the cheap, then it's goodbye to DSThievy! From the frenzy and ecstasy I felt in that hall today, DSTV obviously has a lot of dissatisfied customers in Nigeria who really yearn for something better; something more exciting. I was thinking that TSTV would give us a pinhole view of their offering in real time today. Alas, they presented multimedia clips with voice-over kinda adverts about their mission. And when Lai Mohammed unveiled the decoder, it was a huge dummy decoder. Nothing to feel or see. Perhaps they are still tweaking the real deal. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thumbs up to them though.
I'm starting to think that the actual decoders are not ready for distribution. I just hope i'm wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by capatainrambo: 12:18am On Oct 02, 2017
ikemesit4477:
at least it will be better than Dstv!
how na

if you have steady light, you can't afford to watch tstv for 1 month
that 10gig will last just 4 days if you are a movie watcher
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by nototribalist: 12:29am On Oct 02, 2017
Johnemeka247:
If cabal will allow tstv We will enjoy them.
trust me I attended the launching, and all the cabal were there. Saying that they are giving him full support and tax free for one year. Tho I wasn't happy that they didn't share free decoders like some mumuu bloggers reported. So many Nollywood stars were there. I saw the thing live and trust me it's over for DSTV. The least they will do is to reduce their premium plan to N6,000. Cos with what I saw, if I'm a dstv staff I will be scared of my job.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by maclatunji: 12:39am On Oct 02, 2017
While TSTV is welcome, you need to read this to understand 'it is 'not yet Uhuru' http://www.opinions.ng/hitv-failed-dstv-tstv-can-learn/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2017
nototribalist:
trust me I attended the launching, and all the cabal were there. Saying that they are giving him full support and tax free for one year. Tho I wasn't happy that they didn't share free decoders like some mumuu bloggers reported. So many Nollywood stars were there. I saw the thing live and trust me it's over for DSTV. The least they will do is to reduce their premium plan to N6,000. Cos with what I saw, if I'm a dstv staff I will be scared of my job.
Haha. This is exactly why some people are trying to rubbish this tstv thing. Most of those people are probably dstv staff afraid for their jobs. That's why some people were talking about rights. Saying yanyanyanyanyanyan. Saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Trunaijian: 12:54am On Oct 02, 2017
obi58:

S sorry to burst your bubble tstv will soon run into litigation issues because sky sports has sold exclusive rights to the epl for africa to dstv. bein sports bought exclusive rights for the epl for arab and north african countries so tstv airing epl games in africa using bein sports will definitely have litigation issues cause they are infringing on the coverage rights of dstv

Not at all. litigation will not come from bein sports. it has been settled.

Dstv and Tstv licenses differ. so they are not infringing on dstv rights to air EPL. they have done their homework.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kings11ng(m): 1:26am On Oct 02, 2017
Trunaijian:

Dstv and Tstv licenses differ. so they are not infringing on dstv rights to air EPL. they have done their homework.
how exactly does their licenses differ?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by walexyolas: 1:36am On Oct 02, 2017
pls where can I buy like 10pcs
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by OLORIPAPA: 1:52am On Oct 02, 2017
We have no reason not to patronize this one....Dstv don't show us pepper.
But I hope they won't disappoint
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by makavele: 3:09am On Oct 02, 2017
igbsam:
Abeg who need free Dstv (plus dish and decoder with remote) and Gotv (Plus Antenna, Remote and 2 Months subscription). I no need am again. I'm done with them. The guy that helps install my dish and does my home electricals told me to throw them away.

i need o . . thnx

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by obi58: 3:10am On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s] this issue have been thrashed several times undecided

if that is d case why is multichoice bringing gotv max ?

shouldn't dey relax and wait for tstv to start airing EPL and then sue their ass ?

Don't get me wrong. I too want Tstv to succeed for all our sakes but you just watch this space. Dstv will not take this lying down. The only force that can save Tstv is if they get government backing.

You think it's coincidence that the government backed startimes is still unable to show the EPL?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by obi58: 3:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Trunaijian:

Oga who told you they secured any license? The only license they can secure for EPL rights in Africa can only be obtained from Dstv because they have Exclusive rights for Africa
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2017
damilarea2:

TSTV has done a good market research and come out with product differentiation which will give them competitive advantage over DSTV. For example ...Do you know how much that extra 20GB or 10GB will cost in Naira value. For DSTV to beat this , they will have to introduce new decoder with WiFi inbuilt and also mount other infrastructures to support data package.

Not only that, TSTV decoder has inbuilt app that you can check facebook , Youtube, Twitter etc from your TV screen. Lot of advantages will come up with it.

All I see you mention here is data,Facebook,etc,I laugh in Spanish. So why not jejeli call it an internet service provider... Why does any sensible human need a decoder to do social media or browse,does the telco giants not offer that already or can tstv compete with any of the telcos in terms of data offerings. Anyway, its good for you and good for everyone at the end of the day (except tstv) cos when startimes came,what did Dstv do,product differentiation by starting GoTv and today where's startimes?how far have they gone even after many years.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 3:45am On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:

undecided undecided undecided
even after the op took time to tell you that it will come with 20gb of data that will be used for browsing you still come out to type this junk ?

Clearly you are daft and deranged and no nothing about business.

All I see you mention here is data,Facebook,etc,I laugh in Spanish. So why not jejeli call it an internet service provider... Why does any sensible human need a decoder to do social media or browse,does the telco giants not offer that already or can tstv compete with any of the telcos in terms of data offerings. Anyway, its good for you and good for everyone at the end of the day (except tstv) cos when startimes came,what did Dstv do,product differentiation by starting GoTv and today where's startimes?how far have they gone even after many years.

.....na wa o sad
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:00am On Oct 02, 2017
MorataFC:
if all these channels will be available with #3000 subscription fee, then RIP for dstv will be an understament.
And if DSTV decide to offer same and even more for #2,500,what happens.You guys comment like novice in the world of business.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:02am On Oct 02, 2017
MorataFC:
what do u mean? I'm watching EPL laliga UCL bundesliga and I'm not using dstv.

So what are you using,free-to-air or internet tv..lol
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:14am On Oct 02, 2017
toluxa1:
Wow! FG just announced they are giving TSTV 3 Year TAX relief along with all his investors.
Didn't HiTV get same,where are they today?Is it not business that survives business war first that will be 'alive' to enjoy tax reliefs.lol.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Tunbolity:

I also noticed the addition of CBS, Sonymax and SS Select 4 which showed two big La Liga matches( Barcelona v. Las Palmas, Real Madrid v. Espanyol) today, quite unusual of GoTV. I bet they are already jittery. Down with monopoly! Welcome TSTV
It's not being jittery,its called business savvy.Watch out how DSTV will come up with packages that will frustrate tstv and after a while they'd jack up their prices again.Its price war we call it.Customers are the winners though for a short while.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:24am On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s] this issue have been thrashed several times undecided

if that is d case why is multichoice bringing gotv max ?

shouldn't dey relax and wait for tstv to start airing EPL and then sue their ass ?
Are you a SkySport Director that you say the issue has been thrashed.be deceiving yourselves.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:25am On Oct 02, 2017
MorataFC:
...and who told u they don't have right?
Oga they don't.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:29am On Oct 02, 2017
sisimmi:
I was @ the launch @ Sheraton, Abuja. The crowd was impressive. Event was well organized. They promised all that we already know. The MD added that they have signed an MOU with MainOne to retail their data as part of the package and that the 20GB at first subscription is complementary. It got a lot on tongues wagging. If they can deliver data on the cheap, then it's goodbye to DSThievy! From the frenzy and ecstasy I felt in that hall today, DSTV obviously has a lot of dissatisfied customers in Nigeria who really yearn for something better; something more exciting. I was thinking that TSTV would give us a pinhole view of their offering in real time today. Alas, they presented multimedia clips with voice-over kinda adverts about their mission. And when Lai Mohammed unveiled the decoder, it was a huge dummy decoder. Nothing to feel or see. Perhaps they are still tweaking the real deal. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thumbs up to them though.

All these gig,gb,data everywhere.is it an Internet service provider or what cos clearly these guys ain't ready for paytv.if on the launching day they're still fine tuning here and there,then I give them 2 years.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 4:32am On Oct 02, 2017
nototribalist:
Keep deceiving yourselves.HiTV and Startimes did more than this.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by alt3r3g0: 4:49am On Oct 02, 2017
luckshine:

I didn't understand your argument, because here in Port Harcourt all the cables decoder like cmtv ctl and matro digital are showing all match you can think of be it epl, laliga, seria A, ucl, eupa, etc through bein sports stations

Dstv does not want to be kidnapped grin have you also wondered why the ones you mentioned only operate in Niger Delta states?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by ikemesit4477: 4:52am On Oct 02, 2017
capatainrambo:
how na

if you have steady light, you can't afford to watch tstv for 1 month
that 10gig will last just 4 days if you are a movie watcher
when you hear 20gig or 10gig do you think is going to be running like MTN data?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Anitop(m): 5:27am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

So what are you using,free-to-air or internet tv..lol

Are you aware Nigerians watch live epl matches on bein sport as distributed by ctl?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by naijanaso: 5:37am On Oct 02, 2017
aanexplus:
Lol. Doesn't make sense as I expected. Then it's not a true pay as you go

So what were you expecting? Pay N200 in October 2017 and pause through December 2018? If you are the investor will you try it?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by emmie14: 5:55am On Oct 02, 2017
ikemesit4477:
bye bye to Dstv , tstv all the way!
This business marketing and services. Dstv will remain in the game with amended competitive terms and conditions.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by laliga01: 6:14am On Oct 02, 2017
priceaction:
Hope this people will not cut expectations short. I can see that even dstv is confused now. Many of their marketers unleashed for about a week now doing aggressive marketing under serious sunshine. I think they are in panic mode.
Also I received a text that they will open office tomorrow, public holidays. And that they hv lunched gotv max. When I visited their site to see those new channels, I saw that gotv max has 59 ( channels for 3800) while normal gotv plus has 57 channels ( for 1900). That one no be confusion?
Though I saw they added fox, one sport station ( low resolution)CBS and Sony max. Thieves.
I hope this one will not disappoint us all. NEPA and busy schedule self don make I abandon the dstv tey tey. Soon my gotv go follow.

Had to pay 1900 for gotv max with 4 additional channels.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by EmmyDe25(m): 6:18am On Oct 02, 2017
Johnemeka247:
If cabal will allow tstv We will enjoy them.
Na CABAL get am
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by TEYA: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2017
mrMeen:
I wanted to insult you but it's not polite so the decoder has an inbuilt hot-spot hope I answered your question.
I swear even me when I see that kweshion I just weak.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 02, 2017
MEILYN:
You don't need Data to watch. The data is just a bonus for you. You can browse with it via wifi.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) / BBNaija: Cee-C's WAEC Result Hits The Internet. Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Where Can I Download Free Movies On My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.