Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying (101999 Views)

My Honest Review About Tstv / Much Ado About TSTV- The Epic And Monumental Fail Of Paytv / SEE DSTV FUNNY FACEBOOK POST THIS MORNING AFTER HEARING ABOUT TSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kodded(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Oga I have Dstv decoders at home which I have dumped for a while.I still have my HiTv,Startimes decoders also.I am a pro-Nigerian product and was one of the first to buy HiTv but bro I dont see TsTV doing well.We have allowed DSTV to milk us for too long they're now like Dangote in the cement industry. DSTV have made their money multiple times and all they need do is price war to send you packing to one side.When startimes came and started making noise what did they do,they simply introduced a similar product to compete with Startimes and called it GoTV.Many people didn't even know initially that it was still DSTV.Watch what they'd do with TsTV. At the end it's good for us all-customers only if TsTV will be alive in 5 year's time.
all this one your talking is trash,

as long as tstv show the EPL and other football leagues, dstv will be the one to go down

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by greatman247(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2017
aanexplus:
Lol. Doesn't make sense as I expected. Then it's not a true pay as you go

Kuku go steal am na. Either way you look at it, its still far more better than Dstv especially if they eventually have good and quality service and customers service too.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by elohim24: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Lol!no be fight at all.even bein sports acknowledged on their website they only have rights to Middle East and North Africa to televise ALL epl matches.Its called agreement.lol.you breach it,you are in trouble.
I understand but if it's internet tv I doubt if they'll be breaking any law...let's see how it unfolds
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
all this one your talking is trash,

as long as tstv show the EPL and other football leagues, dstv will be the one to go down

Again, sense you no get. Na so dem just de show matches. Why u no kuku go UK go meet queen elizabeth to report DSTV to her that they are the only one that have the rights to televise top epl games and that you want Tstv to be showing it... Mumu... there is what is called broadcasting rights... if you dont know about it..google will teach you... if na so e easy, why Startimes never show live top epl games... #mumugang
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Lomprico2: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2017
aycorporat:

waoh. So HITV went about harassing view centres? never knew sha. too bad of them!

They did o!
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Donaldduke2019(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Guess your brain was on strike when you insulted someone's father on another thread yesterday or didn't you? You can't plant groundnut and harvest beans, you only harvest what you sow. You insulted someone's father, someone insults your generation... Karma issa biatch. Deal with it, Victor. cool cool
nice.....Victor is impressed

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by atiku07(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2017
People have been hammering on this exclusive right shit for long but i just kept quiet, yes DSTV has the exclusive right to sub saharan Africa but Nigeria not inclusive bro that is the major reason why terestial stations like CTL and others were able to link up with bein sports for rebroadcast of the live premier league. So in the real sense TSTV also got the right to rebroadcast same league from an exclusive right owner like bein sports, however DSTV too was supposed to sell such rights to other channels too but due to their greediness they refused, same thing they did to Hitv when they lost their broadcast rights they were to sub let their rights to hitv for rebroadcast but they bluntly refused but hitv in their own magnanimity gave them right to broadcast 20% of matches. So all this noise about exclusivity is un called for the truth here is that DSTV has been found out they have been doing it for long unchallenged but right now Nigerians are wise no where in the world would a paytv operator have controll over everything but due to corruption it happened in Nigeria. If u remember clearly even the senators are becoming tired of the said DSTV when they raised a motion that they should look into their pricing. So in conclusion DSTV had better adjust or leave cause the party is over.

cooldood:

Again, sense you no get. Na so dem just de show matches. Why u no kuku go UK go meet queen elizabeth to report DSTV to her that they are the only one that have the rights to televise top epl games and that you want Tstv to be showing it... Mumu... there is what is called broadcasting rights... if you dont know about it..google will teach you... if na so e easy, why Startimes never show live top epl games... #mumugang

5 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by nototribalist: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Keep deceiving yourselves.HiTV and Startimes did more than this.
you can't compare hitv and startimes with tstv. The same explorer decoder dstv is draining people with, is being offered for nothing in tstv. Now acquiring EPL license doesn't come cheap, that's why HITV took too much loan that led to there death. But tstv went through another angle by tapping from the Arab sports channel . beIN sports. Guy honestly some african countries are enjoying this thing. Even if it's the 20 or 10 GB data monthly is enough for me. Are you kidding me, the last time I checked DSTV HITV or startimes can't give me TV and internet like how other countries do to their citizens. Eg Europe and US.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kodded(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2017
[s]
cooldood:

[/s]

insulting people you meet for the first time in the internet shows that your mother didn't give you a proper home training

....this will be the last response you will get from me, now run along and go look for who to troll next smiley

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by UjSizzle(f): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Odunharry:

Werin u still dey do with telemundo?

Happy Sunday ma'am. How's the family and work
Watching Iron Rose grin

The family is doing well, thank you smiley

How are you?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by aycorporat(m): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Bros you are taking this personal. Are you about to lose something big from DSTV?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s]

insulting people you meet for the first time in the internet shows that your mother didn't give you a proper home training

....this will be the last response you will get from me, now run along and go look for who to troll next smiley

And your father and mum gave you home training abi.lol.omo gutter.sense fall on you.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by cooldood(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2017
atiku07:
People have been hammering on this exclusive right shit for long but i just kept quiet, yes DSTV has the exclusive right to sub saharan Africa but Nigeria not inclusive bro that is the major reason why terestial stations like CTL and others were able to link up with bein sports for rebroadcast of the live premier league. So in the real sense TSTV also got the right to rebroadcast same league from an exclusive right owner like bein sports, however DSTV too was supposed to sell such rights to other channels too but due to their greediness they refused, same thing they did to Hitv when they lost their broadcast rights they were to sub let their rights to hitv for rebroadcast but they bluntly refused but hitv in their own magnanimity gave them right to broadcast 20% of matches. So all this noise about exclusivity is un called for the truth here is that DSTV has been found out they have been doing it for long unchallenged but right now Nigerians are wise no where in the world would a paytv operator have controll over everything but due to corruption it happened in Nigeria. If u remember clearly even the senators are becoming tired of the said DSTV when they raised a motion that they should look into their pricing. So in conclusion DSTV had better adjust or leave cause the party is over.

DSTV clearly have shown in the past that they sabi business war.See aw they responded to Startimes,now I don't expect them to go to sleep.they will surely react.am just sure this teesteev are not ready for war.launch yet no decoders,even website Na trash.I need Nigerians to deliver world class business tactics and strategy not trash.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Machini(m): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Why not,there are usually 10 matches every weekend and some are topofthebill while others are others.bein sport cannot I repeat bein sport cannot televise top of the bill epl matches in Nigeria cos only DSTV has the right.The day they try it,yawa go gaz!An example is the next weekend of matches-Liverpool v Man Utd can only be shown live by DSTV in Nigeria.bein sports can show other small ticket games.

It baffles me how ppl say what they know nothing about with so much authority. Oga, I have been watching all top EPL games on PBS which shows bein sports channels for the past 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kingphoenix10: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2017
atiku07:

Bro nice write up but Nigeria is in fact in sub- Saharan Africa.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kingphoenix10: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Why not,there are usually 10 matches every weekend and some are topofthebill while others are others.bein sport cannot I repeat bein sport cannot televise top of the bill epl matches in Nigeria cos only DSTV has the right.The day they try it,yawa go gaz!An example is the next weekend of matches-Liverpool v Man Utd can only be shown live by DSTV in Nigeria.bein sports can show other small ticket games.
Dude, Bein sport 2 shows all the main event matches . Its just in Arabic which is another thing that separates them. Bein sport 11shows the same with English commentary but last I checked its not on tstv. so stop aggressively attacking them and wait for the 14th by 12:30 to find out who was right and wrong. we all don't want to be deceived or scammed but doesn't mean good ppl don't exist.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by mpowa(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2017
MorataFC:
...and who told u they don't have right?
The right is only given to one TV company, which is DSTV at the moment.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by kingphoenix10: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
mpowa:

The right is only given to one TV company, which is DSTV at the moment.
Oga then that means BT sports showed arsenal's game illegally and it was surprisingly not on sky. EPL licensing deal has been given to supersport, kwese TV and canalsat. That's y tstv is not showing it on their indigenous station but thru Bein sport.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by stuntman007: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
GOTV has added more channels. this is why completion is good.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by MorataFC: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
kingphoenix10:
Oga then that means BT sports showed arsenal's game illegally and it was surprisingly not on sky. EPL licensing deal has been given to supersport, kwese TV and canalsat. That's y tstv is not showing it on their indigenous station but thru Bein sport.
my bro, pls don't waste your precious time on these ppl, they are not ready to be librated from dstv dominance, and dstv has brainwashed many of them, dstv have the right or the license to air EPL matches live through supersport, so also matro CTL cmtv kwese TV, canasat have the right to show EPL, laliga UCL from other souce like bein ,BTsport, fox etc and is not new in east and south south of Nigeria
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
gentlegenius:

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't used that decoder before so I asked to get information but some people mocked me here as if they know everything.

Funniest thing is; even those making jest of you haven't used it before grin
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
Airtimex:

Yes sir
i don't believe it

I think this is just a plot to get pple to rush and buy their decoder.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by claremont(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
capatainrambo:
mtn or not bros I have used data in Canada and also in UK it will still Run

if you use that 10 gig watch HD movie channel for 1 day kiss that sub bye bye e go finish.
I'm not sure this stuff is designed for people that watch TV actively

maybe selective viewers .

The 20gb TSTV offers isn't meant for streaming, it's for normal browsing. I live outside Nigeria, and I stream exclusively using an Amazon FireTV box, my average monthly usage is ~300gb. 20gb cannot even last a weekend of streaming live sports in 1080p HD quality. TSTV is a combo package in which the 20gb data is supplied as a bonus, the channels can still be accessed without any internet.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by akinlina2: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
Pls how do I make use of the data. Is it going to be on a mobile sim or I'll have to use it at home?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nigerians wailing about dstv and nationalism, but only concerned with viewing EPL.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Trunaijian: 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
obi58:

Oga who told you they secured any license? The only license they can secure for EPL rights in Africa can only be obtained from Dstv because they have Exclusive rights for Africa

My brother do your research. yes, Dstv has the sole license to air EPL over satellite.

Tstv is satellite + telecom. before you say they are same thing, pls google and come back.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Odunharry(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
UjSizzle:
Watching Iron Rose grin
The family is doing well, thank you smiley
How are you?
I'm good good. Which one be iron rose again.. Ladies una no go kill us o
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by alt3r3g0: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
MorataFC:
my bro, pls don't waste your precious time on these ppl, they are not ready to be librated from dstv dominance, and dstv has brainwashed many of them, dstv have the right or the license to air EPL matches live through supersport, so also matro CTL cmtv kwese TV, canasat have the right to show EPL, laliga UCL from other souce like bein ,BTsport, fox etc and is not new in east and south south of Nigeria

I keep wondering why its only that region and the people never thought to expand and take over Nigeria with their competitive advantage.

Even when hitv were pursuing viewing centres, they dared not approach these guys.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by enemyofprogress: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
Renos:
Nigerians with complaints, if it was just with these ten (10) channels you will still complain.... The channels are too few. Give them some credit...
the channels are too many,it would make Nigerians lazy
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by enemyofprogress: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Renos:
Are you a Nigerian , an African or even in this world? Abuja is the Capital City of Nigeria. #lol#
is that so?where is that Nigeria self?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Airtimex(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
i don't believe it

I think this is just a plot to get pple to rush and buy their decoder.

Try and believe it sir because I watch epl, la liga etc without Dstv...

Bein sports can air them too and tstv is using bein sports and not super sports...
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by ken55: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Watched all the EPL matches last weekend on CTL in Benin. The monthly subscription is #3050. The only downside is that most of the stations where they show EPL live games have Arabic commentary...although they, 90% of the time, do hook up to random English commentary channels for the star match of the day.

So I think this is what Tstv might do too for Live EPL games which is not bad.

And with that amount of bonus data.. You can stream any match you want for free on weekends...Nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) / BBNaija: Cee-C's WAEC Result Hits The Internet. Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Where Can I Download Free Movies On My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.