Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying (102004 Views)

My Honest Review About Tstv / Much Ado About TSTV- The Epic And Monumental Fail Of Paytv / SEE DSTV FUNNY FACEBOOK POST THIS MORNING AFTER HEARING ABOUT TSTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by tripledonosas(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
ken55:
Watched all the EPL matches last weekend on CTL in Benin. The monthly subscription is #3050. The only downside is that most of the stations where they show EPL live games have Arabic commentary...although they, 90% of the time, do hook up to random English commentary channels for the star match of the day.

So I think this is what Tstv might do too for Live EPL games which is not bad.

And with that amount of bonus data.. You can stream any match you want for free on weekends...Nice

You are right. TStv needs to add BEIN sport 11 that gives solely english commentary.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by otutu123(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Why not,there are usually 10 matches every weekend and some are topofthebill while others are others.bein sport cannot I repeat bein sport cannot televise top of the bill epl matches in Nigeria cos only DSTV has the right.The day they try it,yawa go gaz!An example is the next weekend of matches-Liverpool v Man Utd can only be shown live by DSTV in Nigeria.bein sports can show other small ticket games.
what is this one saying? BEin sport that i use to watch all epl matches throughout the week plus other leagues tru CTL and u re here saying you can't watch high quality matches. Guy, abeg back your point with facts.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by otutu123(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Lol!no be fight at all.even bein sports acknowledged on their website they only have rights to Middle East and North Africa to televise ALL epl matches.Its called agreement.lol.you breach it,you are in trouble.
so the chelsea vs man city that BEin sport showed last weekend is not a high profile match?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by DTalented(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
judgedredd22:

so you no get sense at all?
you cannot operate in broadcasting without NCC licence.

Thanks for the insult.
I never knew NCC has stopped regulating data bonuses and give away by Telecom companies.

Thanks once again
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by aladeokin1000(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
priceaction:
Hope this people will not cut expectations short. I can see that even dstv is confused now. Many of their marketers unleashed for about a week now doing aggressive marketing under serious sunshine. I think they are in panic mode.
Also I received a text that they will open office tomorrow, public holidays. And that they hv lunched gotv max. When I visited their site to see those new channels, I saw that gotv max has 59 ( channels for 3800) while normal gotv plus has 57 channels ( for 1900). That one no be confusion?
Though I saw they added fox, one sport station ( low resolution)CBS and Sony max. Thieves.
I hope this one will not disappoint us all. NEPA and busy schedule self don make I abandon the dstv tey tey. Soon my gotv go follow.
You're on point bro. I have access to all 57 channels on gotv and I did the 1250 subscription. Marketing ploy from multichoice I guess
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
As usual!
Nigeria sense!
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by jaybee3(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
UjSizzle:

Watching Iron Rose grin

The family is doing well, thank you smiley

How are you?

I’m fine Ma
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by obi58: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

All these gig,gb,data everywhere.is it an Internet service provider or what cos clearly these guys ain't ready for paytv.if on the launching day they're still fine tuning here and there,then I give them 2 years.

For some of you who have long memories you would remember that Dstv then had an internet provider in mweb. Today where is mweb? Back in South Africa.

Believe you me nothing will gladden my heart better than to see Tstv succeed but let's face the facts: it's nothing more than a pipe dream.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by toluxa1(m): 1:05am On Oct 03, 2017
TSTV decoder + 20gb = N5000
Etisalat monthly 20gb = N18000

Me: I will just be buying new decoder monthly.
Abi? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by dustmalik: 1:38am On Oct 03, 2017
obi58:

For some of you who have long memories you would remember that Dstv then had an internet provider in mweb. Today where is mweb? Back in South Africa.

Believe you me nothing will gladden my heart better than to see Tstv succeed but let's face the facts: it's nothing more than a pipe dream.
TStv's data service will be handled by MainOne cable.
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by toluxa1(m): 1:49am On Oct 03, 2017
dustmalik:

TStv's data service will be handled by MainOne cable.

Source?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by dustmalik: 1:54am On Oct 03, 2017
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by alt3r3g0: 3:02am On Oct 03, 2017
toluxa1:
TSTV decoder + 20gb = N5000
Etisalat monthly 20gb = N18000

Me: I will just be buying new decoder monthly.
Abi? grin cheesy

You can get 50gb with 20k for 60 days with MTN and its the fastest on 4g.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by akpos4uall(m): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2017
damilarea2:

The data is additional package like its done in UK... BSkyB comes with Unlimited Data for browsing with their decoder hot spot.
You watch channels with Satellite signals while you use the data to connect your laptop , phones, tablet even your PS4 to internet till your data finished. Your data can even finished before 30days and still be viewing channels.

Such a contradictory message. You said it comes with unlimited data for browsing yet it is possible for you to exhaust your data before 30 days. How?
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by eraly(m): 6:13am On Oct 04, 2017
lipsrsealed cry

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Eleponblue(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
cooldood:

And your father and mum gave you home training abi.lol.omo gutter.sense fall on you.
Immaturity at its peak! undecided
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Ogbeniayo(m): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2017
igbsam:

meet me for lagos! or u give me your address make i send agofure make dem carry am come give u
Morning o bros and happy Monday. Have been busy ni o. You still dey drop the dstv? Send me your address for Lagos am in Lagos now. I was in Benin since last week for a burial. How do I come get it. Thanks a bunch
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by igbsam(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ogbeniayo:
Morning o bros and happy Monday. Have been busy ni o. You still dey drop the dstv? Send me your address for Lagos am in Lagos now. I was in Benin since last week for a burial. How do I come get it. Thanks a bunch

you dey vex o....wait make i buy the tstv first na!!!
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Ogbeniayo(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
igbsam:

you dey vex o....wait make i buy the tstv first na!!!
OK sir but make I get your control na... For update bros
Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by Vick09: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
Please all these broadcasting rights stuff is new to me. Can out tell me more about it?

atiku07:
People have been hammering on this exclusive right shit for long but i just kept quiet, yes DSTV has the exclusive right to sub saharan Africa but Nigeria not inclusive bro that is the major reason why terestial stations like CTL and others were able to link up with bein sports for rebroadcast of the live premier league. So in the real sense TSTV also got the right to rebroadcast same league from an exclusive right owner like bein sports, however DSTV too was supposed to sell such rights to other channels too but due to their greediness they refused, same thing they did to Hitv when they lost their broadcast rights they were to sub let their rights to hitv for rebroadcast but they bluntly refused but hitv in their own magnanimity gave them right to broadcast 20% of matches. So all this noise about exclusivity is un called for the truth here is that DSTV has been found out they have been doing it for long unchallenged but right now Nigerians are wise no where in the world would a paytv operator have controll over everything but due to corruption it happened in Nigeria. If u remember clearly even the senators are becoming tired of the said DSTV when they raised a motion that they should look into their pricing. So in conclusion DSTV had better adjust or leave cause the party is over.

Re: 6 Things To Know About TSTV Before Buying by jinka(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
I just bought an adrioid smart TV, and I have connected it to the internet, pls how do I get to watch unlimited TV channels on the TV connected to the internet

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Top 15 Sexiest Female Nigerian Television Personalities (Photos) / BBNaija: Cee-C's WAEC Result Hits The Internet. Real Or Fake? (Photo) / Where Can I Download Free Movies On My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.