Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144284 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Ganjafama(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

I am not killing anything oga.This is why many 9ja businesses fold up within 3 years.no proper planning and homework.just last week Gomyway shut down,when some of us were asking business questions,Dem se we be enemy of progress.DSTV is like Dangote Cement,before you can take them on,be ready with your massive war chest from deep pocket investors,otherwise Na stories that touch the heart Una go de hear.
I still don't get your point. Are you trying to say that for TSTV to be ready for competition they must be financially buoyant like DSTV?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by wintersnow(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Fiscabally:

Aigh, so what's ur experience so far about the channels and hotspot

The stations are ok for an average Nigerian family...
Mehn the hotspot is da bomb! I receive 8mb/persec internet speed

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Tiffbuxas: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2017
henryhemon:

You Re not looking at the bigger picture,there's no way they can sustain that Business model if they re offering quality at that price. I will be happy if it works and the content is good at that price.
why not give them a chance..... U should always give people the benefit of doubt beside what do u stand to lose

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

The stations are ok for an average Nigerian family...
Mehn the hotspot is da bomb! I receive 8mb/persec internet speed
u can get and android TV box to enjoy d WiFi and watch all EPL and more
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Eaa247:

my friend this ur claimed 'super idea' in bizness strategy nd sounding so pessimistic for a station that's yet transmit its signal is discouraging.
That HiTV failed does not mean dat other satellite TV won't not succeed. Don't u tink this TSTV has done some underground work, perhaps studied y HiTV failed nd picked some idea from d lessons of HiTV failure.
As for startimes I knew they wia bound to fail. I cud not see that collab wit NTA, a non functional civil service as something that would yield gud result in the long run.

I am not being pessimistic bro,I am already just disappointed.I was the first to market TsTV with my mouth to colleagues but see it now,no where to buy decoders.Is that how you start war in a monopoly market.Nah.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by jacyhelen(f): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Dygeasy:
Is it just me that is waiting for the Hotspot feature? cheesy

i just pray their Wifi doesnt slow down like Glo or worst than Glo.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2017
I just called a dealer in delta state abraka..

And they said it's just being launched yesterday.. But the decoders are not yet out.. Reasons is cause they are trying to work on it so that when you purchase it.. It can be installed without any itches..

The decoders are coming out before this Month end.
Call this number to confirm. 08133134461.dealers in delta state abraka.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by jacyhelen(f): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2017
i just pray their Wifi doesnt slow down like Glo or worst than Glo.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by stiles5000(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2017
GreenMavro:
I don back my donkey here
your own no follow
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by nearest(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2017
I really do not mind Tstv giving me all those free sports stations only accessible with a 1.8m or higher dishes with a 60cm dish. As long as it's in English, live, I don't mind paying the monthly subscription.
Imagine multichoice now adding four miserable channels to the gotv plus plan, calling it gotv max, doubling, I repeat, doubling the subscription. That's the height of wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2017
henryhemon:

What's much MB for You?? I'm not doubting you but if you say doesn't consume MB that I will argue.

depending on d app u use to watch.... I watch a full EPL match on ma fone will less than 300mb.... I dont do HD

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Snow5:
I just called a dealer in delta state abraka..

And they said it's just being launched yesterday.. But the decoders are not yet out.. Reasons is cause they are trying to work on it so that when you purchase it.. It can be installed without any itches..

The decoders are coming out before this Month end.
Call this number to confirm. 08133134461.dealers in delta state abraka.

its worth d wait... and I hope they come through
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

I am not being pessimistic bro,I am already just disappointed.I was the first to market TsTV with my mouth to colleagues but see it now,no where to buy decoders.Is that how you start war in a monopoly market.Nah.

You are very right.. Me too was disappointed. They said it's gonna be out before month end.. I was like wtf? Then why getting us all salivating for it when it's not already prepared? Maybe before the end of the month.. I might lost interest oo.. Honestly.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Lomprico2: 11:26am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Lol...Didn't you support HiTv where are they today?didn't you support Startime,where are they today in the DTH space even after partnering with NTA? Simply cos they had mumus like u as their advisers who know nothing in terms of business tactics and strategy.
Hitv were too greedy and they shot themselves at the foot.

Tstv is here to stay. Go and d......
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2017
How does the data work without light to power the decoder.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2017
Lomprico2:

Hitv were too greedy and they shot themselves at the foot.
no. dey weren't greedy, at least thatz not what broke dia back...
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2017
Snow5:

You are very right.. Me too was disappointed. They said it's gonna be out before month end.. I was like wtf? Then why getting us all salivating for it when it's not already prepared? Maybe before the end of the month.. I might lost interest oo.. Honestly.

they prolly targeted the icon October 1 to lauch... I shall hope dey won't fall person hand...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Airtimex(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Oga I am pained cos for many years I have been looking for a real competitor to DSTV,I hate DsTV with passion and till date they still call me to ask me why I dumped their decoders.

My issues with TSTV:

1) Poor start: You don't launch out when you ain't ready to distribute decoders,it shows lack of proper plan

2) Website: This looks unprofessional with the font sizes and colors.i can already project their performance

3) The real reasons why millions patronize the monopolistic DSTV is Soccer- EPL,UCL.Only DSTV have the right for this in 9ja at least for top games.

It's not enough to make noise but you must be well prepared for war in business where a monopoly exist.

TSTV is not prepared.

You are not making sense bro...

If I am you, I will keep the pain to myself instead of going around the thread discouraging people...

I am sure you invested more than 5k in MMM...

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Adijerry: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2017
chimoskyg:
First i must say a Big Congrats to TSTV for the Independent Day Launch and at the same time a Nigerian Product.
Big Thumps Up to the Initiators.
Please for most of us that will be willing to patronize our OWN knowing that many have done that, will be glad to know the experience of those that have started Enjoying the product.
For me most especially the 10GB hotspot they promise, i will like to know if anybody have been able to make use of it both on phones and systems.
Thanks
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2017
Ganjafama:
I still don't get your point. Are you trying to say that for TSTV to be ready for competition they must be financially buoyant like DSTV?

See,take it or leave it.There are 2 major ways to compete in business:

1) Pricing
2) Product differentiation

In a market where there exist a Monopoly that has already made its capital outlay back manyfolds, price war may just kill you quickly. Then you're left with Number 2.

Now the question to answer is why exactly are millions addicted to DSTV yet in their minds they dislike them? My answer: Live EPL and UCL top matches.

To compete with No.1 strategy,you must have patient capital from deep pocket investors.

To compete with No.2,you must go after that Unique Value Proposition.

I don't see TSTV equipped with any of these.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2017
BBLOOD:
How does the data work without light to power the decoder.

lol......... how does ur fone work when ur battery is off?.

u can get or make a 12v powerbank to power d decoder to browse whenever there is no light
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

its worth d wait... and I hope they come through

I Don tire abeg.. I wait nor be small.. Yesterday come finish nai dem dey give different story.. I vex for them eh..

I just dey pray make my patience nor run out oo

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cumlord(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2017
wintersnow:

Smh you Don forget say nah 9ja you dey abi... So because its written on the website, you think its not possible to get it?
Ok na... Prove it.... Picture.... Abi ur camera don spoil??

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by oloet: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2017
claremont:

Instead of wasting your time disparaging and de-marketing TSTV, why don't you create a separate thread for your KweseTV? This is a thread for TSTV, you seem to be lost. If de-marketing a competitor that just launched yesterday is the best your brand has to offer in marketing, I wonder how you were employed by KweseTV in the first place.

What TSTV is providing is what Nigerians want, a very affordable 'All-In-One' package with all football games covered on a pay as you go sub. I can pay the maximum sub of N3000, pause it and travel overseas for 6 months, the sub will still be waiting for me when I get back. The 20gig internet combo on top is a welcome bonus.

#OurMumuDonDo
wake up from your slumber bro, the maximum days for tstv sub is 37 days

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Lomprico2: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

no. dey weren't greedy, at least thatz not what broke dia back...

They were harassing customers, and the only thing they had was the epl matches they showed. When they lost that right, it was their end.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

lol......... how does ur fone work when ur battery is off?.

u can get or make a 12v powerbank to power d decoder to browse whenever there is no light

I don't use power banks but thanks anyways.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by teamsynergy: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Snow5:

I Don tire abeg.. I wait nor be small.. Yesterday come finish nai dem dey give different story.. I vex for them eh..

I just dey pray make my patience nor run out oo

true that, but if their offer is as good as they say, mehn if dey like make dem launch next year, people go still buy
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dokun88: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2017
Let's see wat TStv have got to offer before criticizing them....Nigerians are not patient...we give fallacious speculations

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ayobase(m): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:

I work with the kwese brand, and kwese offers more quality content than TSTV

is Kwese launching in Nigeria?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

See,take it or leave it.There are 2 major ways to compete in business:

1) Pricing
2) Product differentiation

In a market where there exist a Monopoly that has already made its capital outlay back manyfolds, price war may just kill you quickly. Then you're left with Number 2.

Now the question to answer is why exactly are millions addicted to DSTV yet in their minds they dislike them? My answer: Live EPL and UCL top matches.

To compete with No.1 strategy,you must have patient capital from deep pocket investors.

To compete with No.2,you must go after that Unique Value Proposition.

I don't see TSTV equipped with any of these.

You are right with your assertion.. And I agree with your point..

But know this.. TSTV has not come to fail.. Don't wish them that.. And besides.. You are not aware of their strength and durability even their underground work.. Don't write them off like that..

They have seen the market and they know what they are capable of doing... Wait for it man!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2017
I just hope dis Tstv will uppercut Dstv cos they have milked us dry.......Tstv should better not disappoint people that have been waiting for them.....

We don really suffer Dstv hand
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Snow5(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2017
teamsynergy:

true that, but if their offer is as good as they say, mehn if dey like make dem launch next year, people go still buy

I hope so.
Make I wait small sha.. All cos of their packages and it's pocket friendly attitude.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (33) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.