Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? (861 Views)

Covid-19 Bill: PDP Flays Gbajabiamila, Says He May Have A Sinister Motive / Nothing Sinister About Amosun’s Arms Importation - Presidency / There Is Sinister Agenda By IPOB To Provoke Soldiers Into Killing - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by PointB: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
Recently the Nigeria Military deployed in the South East Zone in the now (in)famous Python Dance II. The military buoyed by their hard fought ‘victory’ against allegedly stone wielding protesters in which several atrocities has been alleged, has now turned their gears and guns to other cities with a subtly warning to the people to cower or be cowed.

It is my opinion, and of course several well-meaning netizens that in sane climes, the Military are always often confined to the barracks unless there is armed insurrection or external aggression. But that is not the case in Nigeria.

Popular deployment of Military in Nigeria ranges from ‘monitoring’ elections, dealing with miscreants and kidnappers, and protecting pipelines, and of course crushing protesters.

Beyond the macabre Python Dance, and putrid crocodile smile, is there something sinister in the offing as the Military stranglehold almost all the states (with some in striking reach) in the country with one operations or the other. Are we in danger of a bloodless Military Coup? Perhaps, not yet.

Those familiar with the Will Smith’s popular movie, I’Robot will recall how robot were deployed in all most homes, making if a lot more easier for robots to impose curfew on human, ostensible to safe humanity from herself.

The Nigeria military is massively and hastily deploying to every state under various guises, with seemingly consent of the civilian authorites. When tomorrow comes, when things change, what will stop them from ordering curfew while martial music blare from our radios. What will stop the Military from saving us from the politicians; from ourselves like the Robots in Will Smith's I'Robot tried to do? Are we fiddling with Military Coup?

- PointB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by OLUTOYOSI15(m): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2017
I'm not even sure anymore if this is a democracy or military regime. Most of the things the soldiers are doing could be easily done by the Nigerian police (if properly equipped and motivated).

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by SarkinYarki: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2017
OLUTOYOSI15:
I'm not even sure anymore if this is a democracy or military regime. Most of the things the soldiers are doing could be easily done by the Nigerian police (if properly equipped and motivated).

Don't be surprised if Buhari himself suspends the constitution and declares a state of National emergency claiming he needs to save Nigeria and returns us to Strange democracy that will be more like military

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by PointB: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2017
OLUTOYOSI15:

Very well said.

It's possible (theoretically) that the massive deployment of military for police duties could have been done with best intention. But then 'the road to hell is paved with good intention.'

This deployment is a double-edge sword. During coup, the military usually deploy soldiers to strategic areas/commands. As such unusual military deployment could be an early warning of impending coup.

With this kind of deployment the military is doing now, the benefit of using military deployment as early warning has been eroded. if they are moving troop for coup no one will know. They military have already taken over the country for all intent and purpose. Official declaration is only a matter of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by OLUTOYOSI15(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2017
SarkinYarki:

Don't be surprised if Buhari himself suspends the constitution and declares a state of National emergency claiming he needs to save Nigeria and returns us to Strange democracy that will be more like military

thank you ooo...it is true after all, old soildier never dies.
Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by PointB: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
SarkinYarki:

It's highly unlikely that's the game plan. Such move will be strongly resisted. But if the equation changes in the presidency, the military is already in position to take advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by PointB: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
OLUTOYOSI15:

Now they are in Lagos.

We wait and watch.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by magoo10(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
No amount of military force can contain the people if they decide to revolt,the govt should direct their energy at providing democratic values and not this delay tactics being used to get to 2019 so they can abandon govt because it is clear that the clueless ones have nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by jamace(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
PointB:

It's highly unlikely that's the game plan. Such move will be strongly resisted. But if the equation changes in the presidency, the military is already in position to take advantage.
Behind computers and Ipads, abi? grin grin
Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by jamace(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
magoo10:
No amount of military can contain the people if they decide to revolt,the govt should direct their energy at providing democratic values and not this delay tactics being used to get to 2019 so they can abandon govt because it is clear that the clueless ones have nothing to offer.
Do we have those people in this present day Nigeria?
Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by tsdarkside(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
OLUTOYOSI15:

but our police is not properly equipped and motivated...now what??...

dont listen to ipobians...they want a destabilized nigeria.....it will be very dangerous to pass on this dangerous playing field to the police....
Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by SalamRushdie: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
The bloodless coup has already happened but most Nigerians don't know it yet ...Our democracy has been overthrown by the Buhari cabal in a silent coup , now minister are merely ceremonial as their function have all been delegated to a shadow cabinet known only to cabal members.
Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by PointB: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
jamace:
Behind computers and Ipads, abi? grin grin

Pen is mightier than the sword!

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Military Deployments And I'robot - A Sinister Parallel In The Offing? by jamace(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
PointB:

Pen is mightier than the sword!
Ok o. grin

(1) (Reply)

Even Goats Knows That Fayose Is A Joker / The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland / Delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.