Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. (19243 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Finstar: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hmm
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by userplainly(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
nobleblood:
Depends on the angle one choose to see it. If not that Nigeria is fucccked government jobs ought to secure one for life. With pension and all.

Nothing like rest of mind. But you are right from the Nigeria perspective.

same in America too, guy think of wat u can do for the country n not wat the country can do for u....... if I start naming all the billionaires/millionaires in the US u'll see most of them never got help from govt..... we shud not even depend on the govt

3 Likes

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by tall2ce(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Our problem is that there is no flexible work hours in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by propanet(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:

same in America too, guy think of wat u can do for the country n not wat the country can do for u....... if I start naming all the billionaires/millionaires in the US u'll see most of them never got help from govt..... we shud not even depend on the govt
But the government need to provide enabling environment for entrepreneurs to thrive
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by yaki84: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
nairashopping:

Wole OGUNNIYI,
HitheTechNg

Source:https://www.naijamatta.com/2017/10/02/taking-paid-job-risky-present-day-nigeria/

people dey get mind o, mind of devil.
So make we become entrepreneur with our balls abi?
D ladies get wetin to sell, we guys who go gree buy our balls?
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Vacora(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
No need working hard all your life and when retirement or the inevitable happens you and your family have got zilch for a pension. So many retired goverment workers in Nigeria who had not had their pensions paid. An additional source of income is not to be laughed at if you are looking at the future.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by COFOLAND(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
yeyerolling:
undecided una don come again. Pple never see one source of income self
trust me the op is very correct, I made my first 7 digit income through commission i got as a realtor with in three months that I joined and since then things are getting better for me every day, am in control of my time and my life yet am making money just think about it
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by udasly(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
grin
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by CaptPlanet(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
drey22:
Why Settle for 400k when you can earn more?

Schooling only gets you literate, it is your investment in literature that creates your actual future.

Leave Good, Be Better or Be The Best

Why say 400k is good when you know an individual is the one paying you the 400k?

Because with 400k monthly, a wise person can create the future he/she wants for their self.

When you say "investment in literature creates your actual future", what do u mean?

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by userplainly(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
propanet:

But the government need to provide enabling environment for entrepreneurs to thrive
brother Nigeria is the perfect place to thrive.... if u know half the things I know u won't even say that.....
Nigeria is free trade ( minus doz mumu blocking money) ....Nigeria is an untapped zone...... billions to be made out of nothing here..... bros may noh give my secrets away..a jus saying in here u can become a billionaire, jus know wat u want n don't copy.... AM NEVER LEAVING GHIS COUNTRY TO HUSTLE ABROAD, had the chance of going to Angola buh I refuse
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by FRANKOSKI(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
imagine if your employees start thinking about this write-up.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by mypains: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
drey22:

Schooling only gets you literate, it is your investment in literature that creates your actual future.

Why say 400k is good when you know an individual is the one paying you the 400k?
400k is not bad bro. Different amounts of money require different level of efforts,energy, zeal
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by QuestSeeker: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:
Salary get level. If you're earning about 400k monthly, you're good bro.

400k monthly is peanuts to some people. It depends on your expenditure profile! Not everybody can be good with that.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Bolaadu(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice right up.u open my brain more,
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by BiafraIShere(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
AI is taking over the world and most jobs are going online. Smart graduates and even undergraduates should stop using their data to watch xvideos or book bet9ja games when they could learn a skill and offer their services to the global community. Having English language as our lingua franca should be a huge advantage for us to make exploits. Other English speaking nations like Kenya, India and Pakistan are making a killing in online virtual world. Our youths are really wasting away, go to any bet9ja shop and you will grieve at the large numbers of males between the ages of 18 to 40 playing virtual and bets while hoping to win millions! It's only a fool that will hope to make it through lottery! You will look at their faces and all you see is hopelessness. Stop playing bet and invest such time and resources in providing value for others and equally earn from it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by DanielsParker(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
ok
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by tayorh(m): 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
You still need to work to raise capital, all fingers are not equal.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by CaptPlanet(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
QuestSeeker:

400k monthly is peanuts to some people. It depends on your expenditure profile! Not everybody can be good with that.

400k in this context is for someone starting out, people who just got a job apparently. I'm not talking of people who are already comfortable.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by QuestSeeker: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
CaptPlanet:

400k in this context is for someone starting out, people who just got a job apparently. I'm not talking of people who are already comfortable.

Thanks for the clarification.

Modified:

On a lighter note, I checked your profile out of curiosity and I can see that you are an adherent of affirmative action as shown by the ratio of female to male nairalanders you follow.

Keep that up in the corporate and political space.

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by BiafraIShere(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:

brother Nigeria is the perfect place to thrive.... if u know half the things I know u won't even say that.....
Nigeria is free trade ( minus doz mumu blocking money) ....Nigeria is an untapped zone...... billions to be made out of nothing here..... bros may noh give my secrets away..a jus saying in here u can become a billionaire, jus know wat u want n don't copy.... AM NEVER LEAVING GHIS COUNTRY TO HUSTLE ABROAD, had the chance of going to Angola buh I refuse
Lol, did I hear you say Angola? What would one go to do in Angola? Even if you give me American visa now to go and hustle, I may not take it and US, Canada, Australia and some EU countries are the best places anyone can hope to travel to and make it. Nigeria is totally messed up and the problem of poor power supply is the greatest of all but you can be anywhere in today's world even in Nepal and still make a lot of money! The major thing is to have a skill that will stand you out. Anybody waiting to graduate and look for job is not being realistic, 200 million people with little productivity.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by userplainly(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
BiafraIShere:
Lol, did I hear you say Angola? What would one go to do in Angola? Even if you give me American visa now to go and hustle, I may not take it and US, Canada, Australia and some EU countries are the best places anyone can hope to travel to and make it. Nigeria is totally messed up and the problem of poor power supply is the greatest of all but you can be anywhere in today's world even in Nepal and still make a lot of money! The major thing is to have a skill that will stand you out. Anybody waiting to graduate and look for job is not being realistic, 200 million people with little productivity.
ask around, Angola is the new hot zone for business... they trade in dollars that's y Nigerians run there.... if u doubt me ask people

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by propanet(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:

When we are referring to travelling out, we mean developed countries. Not Angola...is that a country or a second zoo like ours?
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Touchey: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
drey22:

Careful, I can hear the greed in you talking
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by joenor(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
You are right bro n the period of time for someone to gather enough capital sha... person go need answer enough sir tire.
9japunter:
But you still need to work for someone to gather enough experience and capital, besides, Entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone.

-

Get your 2 sure Odds today and pay after you’ve won... send a pm for more details.
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by joenor(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
entrepreneur sha, is just the way forward, you bear the risk of the biz n enjoy the gain.

1 Like

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Dollabiz: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
They don't even have those paid jobs like that
Do you have one for them
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Virtualaccounts: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
@OP nice points there. However, many intrepreneurs are not equipped enough to start their business yet so it's important to get some experience working for someone else before launching out. They need the experience for Knowledge, Experience, Network and Capital.

Entrepreneurs should learn to separate their business money from their personal money. That way they know how business is fairing and they can think of strategies and expansion.

Don't just start a business, engage a knowledgeable person to guide you. As entrepreneur, we give free advice to start-ups on registration of business, structure, operations and compliance.

Engage us today for other services like bookkeeping, tax advice, accounting, and other regulatory compliances. We are affordable and professional.

Our expert team of accountants can handle any kind of small business. Please contact us today; 08029753761, 08086108687. See www.Virtualaccountant.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by superbouck(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
so sad that nairaland has turned to scammers land
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by nedu2000(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
I will rather be a paid employee with shell or nnpc than opening small businesses which can be riskier than to think
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by nurdl(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Re: Taking Any Paid Job Is Risky In The Present Day Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
michaelwilli:
People will be talking entrepreneurship like it's one easy thing. Capital to start gan, na wahala. I hope you don't mean opening a barbing salon as entrepreneurship
Funny part is that it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 / Habits That Have Denied You Your Promotion At Work And Stalled Your Career / Ciscon MD Sacks Staff Who Were On The Rig Through Email (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.