Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

How Did You Learn To Swim? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Learn To Swim? (4357 Views)

I Can't Swim Because Of The Size Of My Manhood / Lady Went To Swim, Share Cleavages After Coming Back From Church. PHOTOS / The Devil Likes To Swim! Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Good morning.

One of my life's goal is to know how to swim; how to moove underwater and be at peace with mothernature's water.

So please I'd really appreciate your suggestions?

How did you learn to swim?

Who/which is the best swim teacher/school you know?

How did you transform from being an aquaphobic human being to being an underwater shark??

Looking for: A teacher who understands floating; especially butterfly and egg beater kicks (and more), as well as the art of swimming itself.
Not looking for someone who is a fish underwater but a teacher.
You know warramean?

Edakun..........
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Windflower(f): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2017
I was pushed into the water and forced to find my way out.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by wisino1(m): 11:49am On Oct 02, 2017
just go to any good swimming pool that has an instructor and a life guard you are good to go...............

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Windflower:

Hahahaha..
So you can swim now?
Or you only swam that day?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
wisino1:
just go to any good swimming pool that has an instructor and a life guard you are good to go...............

But most pools usually don't have those.
What I see most times is pools by themselves with peeps just sitting around and others swimming like in hotels.
But I've never really asked though.

Or, are those peeps who do the collecting of money in pay-to-use pools the instructors? Most of them don't look like they have the patience of a teacher.

One or two persons have tried to put me through but I usually don't understand what they are saying lol.
They keep saying stuff like, "do like this..do your leg like this..move your hand...noooo..like this" undecided undecided

Do you swim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by 7footre(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
I don drink water tire. I de jejely collect tube now. I never wan die abeg

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
7footre:

Ahahaha ROTFL
My first time in water saw me gulping it in and the pool was a little crowded that day; imagine the "condiments" of that water cry cry

Tube? Don't you feel embarrassed?
Even as a teen, and my near death experience that day, wearing that tube that day was more embarrassing lol
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by 7footre(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

Ahahaha ROTFL
My first time in water saw me gulping it in and the pool was a little crowded that day; imagine the "condiments" of that water cry cry

Tube? Don't you feel embarrassed?
Even as a teen, and my near death experience that day, wearing that tube that day was more embarrassing lol

My dear, I've lost two buddies to drowning so fear for me is greater that embarrassment. I'm quite comfortable and can weather d shallow side anything 7 ft deep, and my nerves shut down. Na Tube sure pass for that side abeg

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by BumbleBee007: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
The swimming pool...
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Blackhawk01: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

What I see most times is pools by themselves with peeps just sitting around and others swimming like in hotels.

Or, are those peeps who do the collecting of money in pay-to-use pools the instructors? Most of them don't look like they have the patience of a teacher.

One or two persons have tried to put me through but I usually don't understand what they are saying lol.
They keep saying stuff like, "do like this..do your leg like this..move your hand...noooo..like this" undecided undecided

Do you swim?

Lol. Ask for the swimming instructors, the next time you go there. Striking a good convo with your instructor before your lesson gives you a better chance of learning easier and faster sha. Swimming is really fun. kiss
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Blackhawk01: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
Windflower:

Huh? Your first time?
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by wisino1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

Do you swim?
yea you are right but just take your time and find out one but you will have to pay and it is not usually one day off thing
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Windflower(f): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

Hahahaha..
So you can swim now?
Or you only swam that day?
After all the instructions, yet I was still afraid of the water,the next thing I knew the guy just pushed me unaware,since then the phobia has reduced. Its been long I swam,but I still remember how to.
No be small thing o,the moment he pushed me,its was an unforgettable moment. Fear is not a good thing,being inside the water is very soothing. So just try and get rid of your fear

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Windflower(f): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=Blackhawk01 post=61037216]

Huh? Your first time? [/quote
Lol,its wasn't my first time.
I had series of lessons without any improvement,its was like the 3rd occasion.
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Windflower(f): 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
7footre:
Lol,I can relate with you,I used to drink a lot,its didn't bother me till I saw a male and female making out in the pool,since then the fear of public pool is the beginning of wisdom
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by muller101(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
It was a challenge. I jumped in and woke up just for me to see eyes around me some pressing my stomach. But today I swim against the currents I love swimming in the rapids

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by DavGrace(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
I too wanna knw how to swim... I'm thinking of going to lagoon.
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Badmanbay(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Even after drinking 10gallons and being kicked out, my carreer to be the next world champ crashed.

Charass can testify to that.. I no do again

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
7footre:

My dear, I've lost two buddies to drowning so fear for me is greater that embarrassment. I'm quite comfortable and can weather d shallow side anything 7 ft deep, and my nerves shut down. Na Tube sure pass for that side abeg

Two?? undecided
That's a lot undecided

That's the more reason I don't want to be ignorant about something others are masterful about.
I thought there are some good schools about.
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
BumbleBee007:
The swimming pool...

The phrase is pregnant...
How did you transition from being a novice to being a pro?
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
[sub][/sub]
Blackhawk01:

Lol. Ask for the swimming instructors, the next time you go there. Striking a good convo with your instructor before your lesson gives you a better chance of learning easier and faster sha. Swimming is really fun. kiss

'Would do.
But I dread that look of frustration on their face during tutorials!
I will offer to pay so that I can have some feeling of entitlement.
@bolded awwwwwwwwww.....................
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
wisino1:
yea you are right but just take your time and find out one but you will have to pay and it is not usually one day off thing

Nice info.
I had one day in mind lol..
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Windflower:

After all the instructions, yet I was still afraid of the water,the next thing I knew the guy just pushed me unaware,since then the phobia has reduced. Its been long I swam,but I still remember how to.
No be small thing o,the moment he pushed me,its was an unforgettable moment. Fear is not a good thing,being inside the water is very soothing. So just try and get rid of your fear

Lol..the moment he pushed you, you thought you were going to die?
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Windflower:

Lol,I can relate with you,I used to drink a lot,its didn't bother me till I saw a male and female making out in the pool,since then the fear of public pool is the beginning of wisdom

Gal!
How about those who pass urine?
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
muller101:
It was a challenge. I jumped in and woke up just for me to see eyes around me some pressing my stomach. But today I swim against the currents I love swimming in the rapids

Ahahahaha ROTFL

So, what was that "aha" moment that made you a swimmer?
I feel that there must be some sort of understanding one gains that makes one release oneself to the water. Yeah?
Or, it's just pure practice?
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
DavGrace:
I too wanna knw how to swim... I'm thinking of going to lagoon.

Hahaha..
Is it because "pool" rhymes with "goon" in "Lagoon"? grin
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Badmanbay:
Even after drinking 10gallons and being kicked out, my carreer to be the next world champ crashed.

Charass can testify to that.. I no do again

Lol..never give up.
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
Entrepreneurs can you see what I'm seeing?
No one here mentioned any swimming school!

How can there be no swimming school in Nigeria? undecided
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Badmanbay(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

Lol..never give up.

I know what I saw that day.... Blue world ...
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by BumbleBee007: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
Incrizz:

The phrase is pregnant...
How did you transition from being a novice to being a pro?

Well, let's just say i'm from the southern part of country...
Re: How Did You Learn To Swim? by Incrizz(f): 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
Badmanbay:

I know what I saw that day.... Blue world ...

Hahahahahahaha..CSL('Cant stop laughing)
You saw blue world??
That's my favourite colourgrin
It was really nice of them to have painted the walls blue grin

Come on man, give me the full gistgrin
How did you get rescued?
How did you get in?grin
Loool..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Introduced Me As A Neighbour Today / Puss.y Wall Of Teju (18+) / 5 Characteristics Displayed By Livestocks That Will Be Slaughtered For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.