Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55861 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Horllamideh(m): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2017
Deo1986:
Not really, despite the alarming death rate world over, we are having population explosion in countries like: Nigeria, India, China to name a few. Death is the essence of living. Lots of question concerning death has gone unanswered for ages. I only got my answers through my Goddess.
Population explosion is a certainty but one can't rule out the fact that Death has been lowering the figures. Wanna share what your goddess reveal to you about Death??
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Radiohead6(f): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2017
NCANpatroller:
Mine was accident @ ikeja before the pedestrian bridge was built.
A lady tried to cross but got hit by a danfo bus. She died instantly. Brain was on the floor. Windscreen shattered. The driver tried to make a run for it. That was his folly. He was chased by several commuters. Beaten stripped naked. Bus was burnt. I had nightmare for days
but he wasn't killed
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Radiohead6(f): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2017
prestigiouslady:
Mine was during labour, one woman who was also in labour was the one encouraging me, she was having her third child or so, she went into the delivery room but didn't make it, she had a pre existing medical condition (hospital had no maternal casualty in a year plus)....her mother's wail down the hall still sends shivers down my spine whenever I remember... no one deserves to loose a child...

I was so scared even with the pain and everything.... it was the scariest and most traumaticmoment in my adult life...

My daughter was sick at birth, I was scared to the marrows....I couldn't pray, I was just crying
I hope she's fine now? Wow
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2017
Franky826:

Oh goodness, dear Lord!

So sorry sad

Thanks
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Franky826: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
The day I saw someone who was dead and buried....crying in his uncompleted building!

Mehn, I wonder how I have been sleeping all these years!

Are you sure it wasn't your moniker at work? grin

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Horllamideh(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2017
Deo1986:
Looooooooooool, you don't wanna know her. Just be contented in knowing that she exist,she is almighty, she is powerful,she is benevolent, she is approachable, she is a mother and she really cares.
Okay brother
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NLProblemChild(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2017
decatalyst:
Scariest for me would be when I was in secondary school...JSS 2 or so...wanted to cross the Iwo road-Ojoo axis. I and two other girls playfully holding hands...we were not going or relating but we wanted to cross at the same time. I could still recall how I took the step and a voice just told me to go back...the two girls crossing went for the run across the road one was hit by a truck and her brain spilled out in an instant, right in front of me!

I could have been dead too!

My praise and gratitude to Jesus who has always been there, watching and keeping me away from seen and unseen dangers.

May his saving hands keep us all through the remainder of this year. Amen.
and you couldn't wish the two girls RIP in your post.. cry
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NLProblemChild(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2017
decatalyst:
Scariest for me would be when I was in secondary school...JSS 2 or so...wanted to cross the Iwo road-Ojoo axis. I and two other girls playfully holding hands...we were not going or relating but we wanted to cross at the same time. I could still recall how I took the step and a voice just told me to go back...the two girls crossing went for the run across the road one was hit by a truck and her brain spilled out in an instant, right in front of me!

I could have been dead too!

My praise and gratitude to Jesus who has always been there, watching and keeping me away from seen and unseen dangers.

May his saving hands keep us all through the remainder of this year. Amen.
and you couldn't wish the girl RIP in your post.. cry
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Deo1986(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Horllamideh:

Population explosion is a certainty but one can't rule out the fact that Death has been lowering the figures. Wanna share what your goddess reveal to you about Death??
Nope, not for you. Stick to your beliefs. Mine's mine.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NLProblemChild(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Mine was..
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by romeorailss: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2017
WhyNa:
Mine happening when I was 12. I'm 27 now and still suffering from it. Recently started seeing a Psychologist cos apart from CPTSD, I have CD and SD
Tell us what happened angry

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NCANpatroller: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Radiohead6:
but he wasn't killed

He wasn't. Police came to his rescue. It was ikeja along bus stop. My father changed my school dat year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NLProblemChild(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2017
Yoyostic:
As a child,watched my mum bled to her death.She started beeding after childbirth,there was no injection to stop the blood at the village Gen hospital,no stretcher was available either,she was carried hands and feet to the car to be rushed to the nearest town with the bloid dripping on the floor.Unfortunately,she died on the way.
I watched a cobbler being stoned then burnt to death during a religeous crisis in the north.
My house was attacked by 10 armed robbers,one of them held one of my kid and thretened to shoot her..I thought i will die that day.
me too.. My mummy died the same.. The funniest part is that she gave us all the money in her hand for money for food.. Only the bike moneyto the hospital left with her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by LanreDaMan(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2017
Thank you all for sharing your various traumatic experiences,

Some post have actually brought tears to my eyes and others have mad me Smile

Sharing your experiences Actually helps with the healing.

For those who have experienced a Painful Loss, witnessed Scenes of Gore, I pray God Heals you and give you reasons to smile always

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NLProblemChild(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2017
Yoyostic:
As a child,watched my mum bled to her death.She started beeding after childbirth,there was no injection to stop the blood at the village Gen hospital,no stretcher was available either,she was carried hands and feet to the car to be rushed to the nearest town with the bloid dripping on the floor.Unfortunately,she died on the way.
I watched a cobbler being stoned then burnt to death during a religeous crisis in the north.
My house was attacked by 10 armed robbers,one of them held one of my kid and thretened to shoot her..I thought i will die that day.
me too.. My mummy died the same.. The funniest part is that she gave us all the money in her hand for money for food.. Only the bike moneyto the hospital left with her .. Then we came back from skul. Everywhere was cool and quite... Me my brother's and our classmates rush to mosque to pray with the water and we drank it round.. We asked our grandfather.. He said she's still in d hospital.. But later all of us..me nd my brothers stay outside waiting for our mother to come back.. But we sighted one white bus coming.. But story change as dey take my mother corpse inside.. #sobs cry cry cry cry cry cry cry... Only my big brother dey took inside.. I couldn't see her corpse. But I saw her body.. Covered with white cloth. Rip my mummy u left 5 children in our early age.. Thanks to my daddy for always being there till date.. Thanks to everybody that has been taken care of us..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by femo86(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=imstillnovice post=61048980][/quote]

You mean goal goal spoiled your ticket, was your most traumatic moment shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by gift01: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2017
After reading 10 pages, lemme drop mine. Happened in 2010.
My elder brother was learning to ride a bike from one of our distant cousin who brought his bike home.
Na so we dey our big compound, my bro was riding it on his own while we were directing him from afar. Suddenly as he faced us (we were standing beside our building) after turning round the big field, he began firing the bike (increased acceleration) as a learner for that matter. That was when we knew something was wrong(he didn't know how to apply the brakes).
Me dey laugh when I saw him coming to hit us with full speed but the instructor knew something was wrong. My brother for kill me that day but as a sharp guy I jumped out. The bike � instructor also followed me but he instead dived towards the bike, put his hands in between the back wheel and diverted the bike a bit- that minimized the bike impact with the main building.
Come see blood that Sunday evening.
The bike parts scatter.
My brother was dead.
The instructor who put his hands on the line was seriously injured (I saw his vein).
I was on one corner laughing and not knowing what had happened.
Then after sometime all I could hear at first was my family members (dad, mom, siblings and some family friends) shouting and then they began praying.

No be small thing o. My brothers leg just after his knee had a big hole and the blood was just pouring like when water escaped from an enclosure.
My bro came back to life after around 15 mins but it was terrible. We spent the next fortnight seeing blood.
Thank God for the instructor. It could have been worst.
As for my bro he said as soon as he left here(accident impact) he saw himself in another world filled with people roaming about but they ordered him to go back. That his time to come over wasn't ripe. They actually chased him back.
Today he still cannot ride a bike.
Bike here means Okada

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by thoth: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2017
Benguela, Angola 1988, my first taste of war, I saw more dead bodies in one day than i have ever seen in my life before then, i still remember in the truck that was carrying us to the front, my hands felt sooooooo cold and i had this lump in my throat that i can't swallow.
Anyway after the first few encounters it just became normal.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2017
When a seating president called Jonathan lost election to Buhari... shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by prestigiouslady: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Radiohead6:
I hope she's fine now? Wow
Yes, she's four now.. thank you
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by olagoke157(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
really if i say mine i dont think i would be able to sleep for a week
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Oyindidi(f): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
romeorailss:
[[sup][/sup]quote author=Oyindidi post=61048104] cry cry
Baby plz don't cry cry
I was crying while typing last night. Thought I could bear it but I discovered I couldn't. I deleted the post cos I don't want anyone to quote me. I really want to see him again. He is in heaven, I'm getting emotional againgrin

Thanks my brother for your kind words grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Oyindidi(f): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2017
olagoke157:
really if i say mine i dont think i would be able to sleep for a week
Say it

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by switkera(f): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2017
I helplessly watched my mum die in my arms, saw my sister slowly giving up. The painful thing is seeing them in pains and not being able to anything.
I also witnessed an accident, a tipper lost its control and and crushed a lot of people. I saw dismembered bodies scattered all over.
I witnessed some killings during one of the religious crisis in Jos, human bodies were roasted and eaten by some youths.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
romeorailss:

Hahaha at least I can get a comical relief in this sorrowful thread cheesy

cheesy
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by nairanaira12: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2017
L3G3ND:
the scariest even i have ever witnessed still haunts me whenever i travel

on my way back to school from my village since i decided to spend my holiday there, a car overtook us with a speed that we started raining abuses on the driver. just ahead i sighted a tipper loaded with gravel and this car was still trying to overtake the truck in split seconds the truck tilted and all the gravel poured on the car even with the drivers effort to reverse he just couldn't make it in time .. our driver stopped the car so we could all step out to help, we were desperate digging through the gravel with our hands but we couldn't in time it was too much .. everyone died in the car .. it was such a sad event

next one was watching a fight in the market on 23rd Dec 2014 .. went with my mum to buy xmas stuff for the house .. and these two guys were having a brawl all of a sudden a guy from the crowd just rushed to the scene with a knife and he stabbed one of the guys in the tummy and there was just blood everywhere

So, you are already dead?
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Amhappy(f): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2017
cry cry cry cryWhat a thread. Life is laced with pain. May the Holy Spirit bring comfort to all hearts that were hurt and traumatized. It's well.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 03, 2017
nairanaira12:

So, you are already dead?
this is why Africa isn't just moving on. . cos people like you refuse to read even the simplest lines. . juga swerve jare ..... maybe you're dead too

PS:if you think that's funny then you're a bad joke yourself

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Emmyk(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2017
When I went for a wedding in July - 7/7/2017,. We were three on the bike, the bikeman was speeding, we should have dropped, but we didn't, from nowhere, another bike wanted to enter the main road from the left, the bikeman swerved to the right, but it wasn't balanced, I put my left foot on the ground, the road dragged my fully body and I was dragged on the main road for some seconds, my left elbow, hand and left leg pilled so much, because I landed with the left part of my body.

The bikeman parked successfully in front of me and they came to pick me from the floor, it was a scary event, I knew at that instant that life is very fragile.

I got up and the first thing I asked was 'where is my wristwatch' ? angry

Not my fault, I treasure the wristwatch. grin £189 wristwatch is a big deal to me at this stage.

I was rushed to a pharmacy beside the road, was treated and given anti-tetanus injection.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by HashtagMoniker(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2017
I have not really had a traumatic event in my life, but the most terrifying was when some cultists came and shot another student of a rival cult in my lodge one early morning like that. I don't know what led to their beef tho but the guy in question was not really trouble maker, you wouldn't even believe he was a cultist. I had earlier seen him in some of their meetings (because some they do meetings in the compound) in died later in the day.
His death in way brought good because after that all of the rest fled and the area upped security.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by nairanaira12: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2017
L3G3ND:

this is why Africa isn't just moving on. . cos people like you refuse to read even the simplest lines. . juga swerve jare ..... maybe you're dead too

PS:if you think that's funny then you're a bad joke yourself

You said you were in the car and that nobody survived. Maybe you should goan reread what you wrote.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Oyindidi(f): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2017
nairanaira12:

You said you were in the car and that nobody survived. Maybe you should goan reread what you wrote.
You go and read again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Is This A Man Or A Woman? / Big Python Killed After Swallowing A Goat In Port Harcourt (Photos) / This Is Actually A Coffin (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.