Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55858 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
kaziblake:
All thanks to God but I hope he was imprisoned and did he state reasons for doing so?

Yes o.. All thanks to Him.

Nope.. They said they couldn't press charges, because he was a government child (Nysc Corper).

The guy didn't state any reason whatsoever, he just kept blabbing I must not escape, asking people and the authorities how he could stab me thrice and the knife couldn't penetrate.

He has juju with him - he kept saying. It was so absurd that the civil defense people even asked me, "wey the juju wey you put for body?"...

Not knowing say na the blood of Jesus help me.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sloo1: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
kaziblake:
Mine was when I held my dad till he died in my arms..i still remember the way he looked at me till he breathe his last with tears in his eyes
Nne, sorry. May God be ur strength

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by campbelljosh(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2017
I remember when I was working in a plastic pet blowing company. It was a night shift,we just heard someone screaming around the preform machine area and we rushed there only to discover the machine had punched into his hand,cut his veins and blood dripping like a car spilling fuel. ...also in the same company, night shift. My PE blow machine stopped and I opened the glass door to remove the material blocking the plastic head cutter not knowing the emergency stop button has failed, immediately I lay hand on the material causing the problem the head cutter blade start rotating and started cutting my finger. God saved me I quickly removed my finger it could have cut it off. I spent months in the hospital.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Develpeast: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2017
I was just 8 at the time. My friends and I were going to catechism class in the reverend sister's convent. It was a ritual that we go early and pluck "fruits" before the commencement of the classes. We knew there were dogs in the compound, I mean fierce looking dogs but they were always caged. This fateful day, we thought it was like every other day, we were throwing stones to hit the fruits and enjoying our target practice not knowing that these three dogs were busy locating the direction of stones and coming towards us.

lo and behold, the dogs started running towards, Peter saw the dogs first and screamed "dogs, dogs", thinking he was trying to be smart and carry all the fruits. It when I heard "whoof, whoof" close to me, I believed him. I ran my heart out. These dogs didn't want to stop, they came at us determined to bite us. I started running and crying. We ran for minutes, infact the distance we ran was close to a mini-marathon. It was until the reverend sister came out that she ordered them to go inside before we felt any form of respite. The funniest part was that we graduated from crying to laughing in seconds. We continued eating the fruits we plucked.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Dhavido(m): 7:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Cherishpearl:
ah HHH... you witnessed an accident but your father's death was your first time someone would die in your presence... which one are we to believe

They aren’t the same. I witnessed the accident from afar and they are all dead before I could go to the scene.

My father died lying on his bed while I sat on the same bed holding his hands. I hope you now see the difference

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by prestigiouslady: 8:01am On Oct 03, 2017
iamphill:
The day my wife died in my presence. I was holding her hands.

May God comfort you.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by romeorailss: 8:02am On Oct 03, 2017
[[sup][/sup]quote author=Oyindidi post=61048104] cry cry[/quote]
Baby plz don't cry cry
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2017
bigpicture001:
..have you ever heard or seen a guardian angel at work...? I have then I understood that each person's death time is actually allowed to take place,cuz it can be stopped by God..av seen God stop plenty of death

You're right.

The thing is, when some people rejoice for their lucky survival, you just get this feeling that they are at the same time gloating over their fortunes as against the victim/s misfortunes as if they are so special and the other person/s is not.

At that point, you will see me coming in to remind such persons as a way of bringing them down to earth that there's really nothing special about their survival because we live to die the next day! tongue

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by dvkot(m): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2017
lebron7:
Witnessed 9/11 bomb blast
Plane crash you mean?
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NCANpatroller: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Oh dear...this is just awful.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2017
Develpeast:
I was just 8 at the time. My friends and I were going to catechism class in the reverend sister's convent. It was a ritual that we go early and pluck "fruits" before the commencement of the classes. We knew there were dogs in the compound, I mean fierce looking dogs but they were always caged. This fateful day, we thought it was like every other day, we were throwing stones to hit the fruits and enjoying our target practice not knowing that these three dogs were busy locating the direction of stones and coming towards us.

lo and behold, the dogs started running towards, Peter saw the dogs first and screamed "dogs, dogs", thinking he was trying to be smart and carry all the fruits. It when I heard "whoof, whoof" close to me, I believed him. I ran my heart out. These dogs didn't want to stop, they came at us determined to bite us. I started running and crying. We ran for minutes, infact the distance we ran was close to a mini-marathon. It was until the reverend sister came out that she ordered them to go inside before we felt any form of respite. The funniest part was that we graduated from crying to laughing in seconds. We continued eating the fruits we plucked.

Funny.

Have you read the book Adventures of Souza by Kola Onadipe?

Find the book and read it.

You'll really enjoy it.

You will read about so many similar adventures to this one you narrated.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by greypencils: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2017
dvkot:
Life goes on bro... even if he's dead, its more heartbraking that he was never buried ;(
i can imagine man, if he was dead at least there would be closure but this is an open wound. Life is bleeped up in several ways man. I just pray for u and ur family...i'm sorry man

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by buffalowings: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2017
You guys are all bleeped up.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by dvkot(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2017
greypencils:
i can imagine man, if he was dead at least there would be closure but this is an open wound. Life is bleeped up in several ways man. I just pray for u and ur family...i'm sorry man
Thanks bro... This thing called life eeh, lets see how it ends.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Ranchhoddas: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

No mind d guy jere. E no sabi d pain we go tru every week wey one game dey spoil ticket upandan. Me ehn, basel spoil my tickets for lyk 3 weeks consecutively. Yesterday torino cut one, and copenhagen finish d 2nd one. Na bp remain to get!
Lol.
The Lord na your strength brother.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Horllamideh(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2017
Deo1986:
Good one. But long life, immeasurable prosperity and good health are not guaranteed in this world. That is why i always rely on my Goddess to weather life's storm.
alas...
what u wrote is true. Death is needed to control population growth.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by iamphill: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2017
prestigiouslady:

May God comfort you.
Amen. Thank you
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by romeorailss: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2017
fk001:
My scariest moment was in 2013 during Ramadan, i visited my mom in Maiduguri because she works there at that time, unfortunately for me i came at the wrong time because BH were reigning that year and every blessed day they must kill 2 or more civil servants they don't care whether you are Christian or Muslim as long as you are a civil servant you are in their radar.
So sorry. Was ur mom spared? [sup][/sup]

It was around 11:30pm we were in the living room, watching one movie like that with a very low tune, we were very alert because my mom knew that she was one of their target and she was expecting them anytime, suddenly we heard a knock on the glass door, i was already dozing off in 3 sitter couch, when my mom tapped me to wake up, immediately i woke up i heard the knock again, so i crawl and swipe the cotton, then i saw 3 men with mask holding Ak47 each, the first thing that came to my mind is i was wearing a 3 quarter camo, so i immediately changed it.

To cut the long story short, i gathered the courage and open the door, they told us to all come out and face the ground, we obeyed to my surprise i thought they will shoot me instantly without hesitation but they did not, they just asked straight question where is the woman of the house, my mom told them she is, then they start unnecessary preaching................

hmmm I don't want to type anymore.

But the next day the aftermath was not good, our gatemen throat was slitted.

I promised myself never to set my foot there again, I always thank God for my life, i have never thought in my life i will be held at gun point.
So sorry! Was ur mom spared? cry

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by iamphill: 8:47am On Oct 03, 2017
kaziblake:
Take heart sir.God knows best
Thank you
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by bigpicture001: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Coldfeets:

You're right.

The thing is, when some people rejoice for their lucky survival, you just get this feeling that they are at the same time gloating over their fortunes as against the victim/s misfortunes as if they are so special and the other person/s is not.

At that point, you will see me coming in to remind such persons as a way of bringing them down to earth that there's really nothing special about their survival because we live to die the next day! tongue
..guess ur a realist..just like me
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Lol.
The Lord na your strength brother.

Amen oo, i still get hope smiley
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2017
bigpicture001:
..guess ur a realist..just like me

I am.

Through and true.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by lateeefah(f): 8:58am On Oct 03, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
The day I saw someone who was dead and buried....crying in his uncompleted building!

Mehn, I wonder how I have been sleeping all these years!
now,this is the scariest sad
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by fk001(m): 8:59am On Oct 03, 2017
romeorailss:
So sorry! Was ur mom spared? cry

Thanks

Yea she was spared, I don't how but it was just a miracle.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Deo1986(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2017
Horllamideh:

alas...
what u wrote is true. Death is needed to control population growth.
Not really, despite the alarming death rate world over, we are having population explosion in countries like: Nigeria, India, China to name a few. Death is the essence of living. Lots of question concerning death has gone unanswered for ages. I only got my answers through my Goddess.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by romeorailss: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2017
Worksunlimited:

He didn't say.. He was too busy accusing me of been laced with juju.

He even started asking the civil defense and police men, that dey too should reason the matter, he stabbed me three good times, the knife no enter, why?

Can you imagine the fuckery?

Hahaha at least I can get a comical relief in this sorrowful thread cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by NigPatriot(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2017
Deo1986:
Not really, despite the alarming death rate world over, we are having population explosion in countries like: Nigeria, India, China to name a few. Death is the essence of living. Lots of question concerning death has gone unanswered for ages. I only got my answers through my Goddess.

Care to share who your goddess is?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by romeorailss: 9:22am On Oct 03, 2017
Phi001:

He's a damn fool!!!
And if Liverpool won. Anf he did the other what would u call him. If he had settled for 4m and 10m ticket came

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Deo1986(m): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2017
NigPatriot:

Looooooooooool, you don't wanna know her. Just be contented in knowing that she exist,she is almighty, she is powerful,she is benevolent, she is approachable, she is a mother and she really cares.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Franky826: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Loosing my bro and dad cry to death right in my hands

Oh goodness, dear Lord!

So sorry sad
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Deo1986(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2017
NigPatriot:

You don't wanna know.... Just be contented in knowing that she exist,she is powerful, she is almighty, she is approachable, she is a mother and she cares.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Franky826: 9:32am On Oct 03, 2017
MrsMurphy:
The day I lost my child. I was carrying her when she died. Couldn't sleep for days. That was the first time seeing someone die

So sorry ma'am

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Big Python Killed After Swallowing A Goat In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Is This A Man Or A Woman? / This Is Actually A Coffin (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.