Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55890 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by greatiyk4u(m): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nne5:
Helplessly watching my mother die.Knowing I wouldn't be able to do a thing to save her.

Those hours,painful long hours, I'll never forget...

Sorry for that dear
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by DIG1: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

He took d ultimate risk man... but a nonsense risk it was. Collet 4M jeje, u don blow pass dem yy boys sef!

1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by tabaski: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
banmee:
As a kid the day i realized i was born a Nigerian. That shiit still gives me nightmares.
sorry bro got to deal with that grin grin grin
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by chopcy(m): 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Emytea:
Mine was on 17 dec 2000, when my mother was on d sick bed vomiting blood, and by then she and my dad ave divorce so i was by her side, taking care of her ,all of a sudden a wife to my mommy brother came to call me and all of a sudden she has being giving some certain amount of money by my dad to kidnap me bt to God b d glory that nite i escape and run back to d hospital but imediatly i enter d hospital my mom just died, xo painful dat i ave always vowed to retaliate
baba just forgive and hand all to God
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by banmee(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
tabaski:
sorry bro got to deal with that grin grin grin

Never. The situation has been corrected a long time ago. wink
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by ladensmith(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
PissedOffWeed:
The day I saw someone who was dead and buried....crying in his uncompleted building!

Mehn, I wonder how I have been sleeping all these years!
and u expect us to believe this
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
all these experiences you people are sharing this very hot afternoon is really scary ooo...

blood of Jesus

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by DIG1: 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
JamesReacher:
You no fit understand, u fit help me find am abeg bro
I just posted d ticket

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Mujaheeeden: 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Worksunlimited:

He didn't say.. He was too busy accusing me of been laced with juju.

He even started asking the civil defense and police men, that dey too should reason the matter, he stabbed me three good times, the knife no enter, why?

Can you imagine the fuckery?
Thank God you are alive. The guy should be put in a mental home

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
Thank God you are alive. The guy should be put in a mental home

Yea.. I really do thank God: every single day I breathe the free air of life.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
Mine was watching a child fall from the 3rd floor of a building. I was talking with some friends while the boy was in the 3rd floor of his parents playing then somehow, he fell off from such a huge distance. I watched in disbelief as people quickly rushed to the scene and had the child taken to the hospital immediately. Luckily the child survived.

Second was a beggar who lived on my street. He was starving and had no option but to beg for help. Each day going to work, I gave him what I could afford. Traveled for some weeks and I saw him down to just a bag of bones. Next day he was already dead. For about a week his body was still there and no one cared.

one of my scariest was when I almost had a head on collision with a tanker while traveling. Within a fraction of a second of colliding we somehow veered to the other side of the road. Worst still I was at the drivers seat where the damage would have been worse. Honestly I was seconds away from death..

Last on my most traumatic was witnessing a murder scene. I don't even want to talk about it..
I am actually the strong type but two years ago my mum took seriously ill, did all do-able test, went to different hospital both private and federal no one seemed to figure out what was wrong cos the test Results came out negative. My mum couldn't go to work cos each time she tried standing she would fall. It broke my heart one morning when she called me while I was in school and told me to pray for her, I became weak, my soul became broken. I didn't know what to do but I went on my knees and told God few lines of the pain in my heart. I couldn't eat that day cos I felt my mum was going to die. I ate later in the night and over the next week, she recovered miraculously.

The second was still two years ago, 2nd January. I and my dad drove my brother back to campus (unical) from uyo. On our way back by Odukpani juction, my dad stopped to refuel the car and there was a bus loading passengers to uyo by the filling station.After refuelling, my dad drove out of the filling station and he stopped to buy chewables for me there after we drove off enroute Odukpani. Just then, the bus in the filling station drop speedily past us, my dad was like "was that not the bus from the filling station"I replied "Yes".my dad was like the drivers' speed was way too much. It wasnt up to 10 minutes we drove and found someone holding leaves and indicating to motorist to park. We parked and came down from the car then walked ahead to have a glimpse of what had happened only to find out that the speedy bus got crashed between two long vehicles carrying cement on the bridge, one from Uyo and the other from calabar, Nobody survived.i saw corpse.... It was very traumatic and I couldn't sleep comfortably for weeks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Phi001(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

Bro, scary thing oo.
I saw one ticket today, 30games #200naira stake to get 10Million o, d guy dey nurse am since 3weeks. Last game was liverpool to win against newcastle (yesterday). The guy had option of cashing out 4Million but got greedy, wanted 10M, now he got nothing!
He's a damn fool!!!
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=DIG1 post=61052218][/quote]

Correct!
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by wintersnow(m): 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mehn this life is crazy sha...
Wey back when I was still in the university, there's this shortcut I normally take home...on a faithful day when I was coming back from school through the bush path, I saw some cultists butchering a boy with an Axe! Mehn that was so scary I swear! Am just lucky they didn't see me

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I am not joking too.

It was very traumatic.

No mind d guy jere. E no sabi d pain we go tru every week wey one game dey spoil ticket upandan. Me ehn, basel spoil my tickets for lyk 3 weeks consecutively. Yesterday torino cut one, and copenhagen finish d 2nd one. Na bp remain to get!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Anidorby(f): 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
My husband's late wife who died of stroke she was pregnant when she died she died wit so much pain. I was almost raped back at school 2013 Oleg campus was returning from night reading boarded a bike the hoodlums followed me stopped the bike gave the bike man 20# for cigar took me to an in completed building beat me up 3 of them tore my clothes stripped me naked as in naked I had to fight bite one of their ear off I fought the strength that came that day I don't know till today an unknown bike man jus rode to the scene and they all just ran off I tried stopping the bike man but he didn't stop I ran to the road naked a bus driver drove me home I lost my keys I had to sleep at my neighbor's house I still can't get it off my head it still flashes from time to time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by forkadict(m): 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Worksunlimited:
Mine was the day a fellow corper called me over to his room to kill me.

Funny thing was I had no issue or quarrel with the guy prior to the fateful day.

He stabbed me thrice in my chest region, around where my heart is located, but the knife didn't penetrate (No be juju, Na God work). How Baba God do am, I no know, but I Thank Him for coming thru for me.

Pushed him off, bolted for the door, dude grabbed me by the neck, squeezing my wind pipe and oesophagus shut (I was about giving up the ghost), when some students kicked the room door open and pushed him off me, I landed on the floor, gasping for breathe.

Sick fellow corper kept shouting I must not escape. Sat on my back and started smashing my face on the broken floor, the students pushed him off me again.

I got up, and ran outside screaming for help, fell on the sand cos I was out of breathe, dude took a stone and was about smashing my head in, to finish the job he started, when he was over powered.

Till today, I still have flashes of the knife he used, dangling in the air ryt before it struck.

When they brought the knife he used to stab me with, before the civil defense and police men that later took up the case, the knife blade had bent 90degrees, to show the force the dude used to stab me with.

My face disfigure, couldn't breathe properly for a while, buh at least I was alive.

All thanks to God.

WTF!
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Hotfella(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
1. A friend and i were standing at a junction at auchi, we saw 2 known cults guys ride past us on a bike. Their cult was having issues with another cult and they had been sent to spy on the others who were gathered at a spot down the road. Unfortunately for them, the bike man who carried them was a member of the rival cult and simply rode them right into the midst of their enemies. Long story short, one had a wrist chopped off and a gaping hole in his forehead from a gun shot, the other had charms so they couldn't kill him with a gun or machete so the used a propeller lying around to smash his head. We went to the look at the corpses after the police dumped them at general hospital, couldn't eat meat for a long time.

2. Got detained at state CID Benin, shipped there from Auchi Poly, 25 of us. Spent 11 days there and was lucky enough to be the first to get out. Those 11 days seemed like a year. Most mornings, very early, the CID guys would call out people, take them right behind the cell and ask them if there was anything they could get for them as their last wish, some asked for cigarettes, some nothing, either way their heads got blown off. I can't count the number of guys i met in that hell hole who didn't make it out alive. Guys who had realized their mistakes, who prayed and wept during morning devotion, some were lucky, some weren't. It was then i realized, the true value of life, the value of freedom. To be able to get up and walk out a door and breathe fresh air without the aura of death or the sword of Damocles hanging over your head, O boy go do thanksgiving!

My traumatic experiences growing up are much, bad decisions, bad friends and youthful exuberance nearly sent me to the great beyond, but God saw me through. i thank Him for his grace and Mercies.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Going to the airport to pick my siblings. Plane crashed.
Did they die?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by greypencils: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
dvkot:
Its been over 12years, my dad went on a journey of no return. ;(
wowwww...i am so sorry...how is everyone coping and dealing with this?i pray for you man
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by LordOfNaira: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
Some days before my mom died, her toenails became naturally shiny as though she applied nail polish. Some months after my mom's death, I woke up one morning and found my toenails shiny. I was so scared. After a few days, it cleared and my nails returned to normal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by wintersnow(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Funny thing was I had no issue or quarrel with the guy prior to the fateful day.

He stabbed me thrice in my chest region, around where my heart is located, but the knife didn't penetrate (No be juju, Na God work). How Baba God do am, I no know, but I Thank Him for coming thru for me.

Pushed him off, bolted for the door, dude grabbed me by the neck, squeezing my wind pipe and oesophagus shut (I was about giving up the ghost), when some students kicked the room door open and pushed him off me, I landed on the floor, gasping for breathe.

Sick fellow corper kept shouting I must not escape. Sat on my back and started smashing my face on the broken floor, the students pushed him off me again.

I got up, and ran outside screaming for help, fell on the sand cos I was out of breathe, dude took a stone and was about smashing my head in, to finish the job he started, when he was over powered.

Till today, I still have flashes of the knife he used, dangling in the air ryt before it struck.

When they brought the knife he used to stab me with, before the civil defense and police men that later took up the case, the knife blade had bent 90degrees, to show the force the dude used to stab me with.

My face disfigure, couldn't breathe properly for a while, buh at least I was alive.

All thanks to God.

Sorry for your experience bro...
I hope say no be woman matter?

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by ladensmith(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Worksunlimited:

All thanks to God.
And are u sure, u were never a cultist
i didn't meant to vo disrespectful, just asking.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Firstly, it was during my Final year project. I worked on AC water conservation, and at such, we had containers laid at every AC hose in Ofirima building. That fateful evening (5PM), we (I had a partner) went towards the Anatomy laboratory to pick up our containers. Taking a bend, running as I was pressed, I was brought to a halt by cadavers offloaded from a wagon, dragged on the ground and stacked/piled in front of the locked Anatomy lab. They were transferred from the UPTH Mortuary. My screams were deafening as I took a U-turn almost immediately, puking. Those images never left my memory as I shivered for days.

Lastly, the evening I was going home from a friend's place, and stumbled on an okada man that was knocked down by a speeding vehicle around Alakahia. It happened in a split second. Battling with death, I saw layabouts gather round to ransack his pocket cry. In my frantic mood, I called the SUG president to alert the station just meters away from the accident. Sighting a police van ahead, I had hopes that they were coming to his rescue with the youths scampering for the bush. My hope was dashed when they got to the accident scene, looked at the man (he tried raising his weak hands to touch their vehicle), and zoomed off. Slowly, he gave up the ghost. It was too much for me to bear cry.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Phi001(m): 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hian...all these plenty traumatic stories...

I've seen dead bodies and all on the road but that's about it.

The worst thing that has happened to me was a bike hitting me...I went to buy bread sometime in September, last year. Out of nowhere, one bike just came and hit me. That in turn swept me off my feet and I saw myself on the floor with a few bruises here and there. My mom gave testimony in church and was crying. Dasall...

However, I was told that when I was about 3, armed robbers came to my house. They broke my dad's head, slapped my mum and almost cut off my aunt's finger. The highlight of it is that they pointed their gun at me and threatened to kill me. My sister who was about 8 jumped in front and said nobody was going to hurt her brother and all that stuff. I don't know what happened after that because I was sleeping when all these happened. This story was told to me...and now I'm telling it to you,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by ChiefSweetus: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Worksunlimited:

He didn't say.. He was too busy accusing me of been laced with juju.

He even started asking the civil defense and police men, that dey too should reason the matter, he stabbed me three good times, the knife no enter, why?

Can you imagine the fuckery?
My man get point shaa

7 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 03, 2017
In 2007,i had this 3years old girl I was fond of,so fond of that I left home for church each time way early just to stop by her place and carry her myself to church. I loved the girl like my life. She took ill one day and I told her if she gets better I will spend the whole of the next day carrying her. The next day, I went to their house. I asked the mom about "Goodness" and she replied that Goodness had gone. I just walked away to the church, it pained me and that event broke me. It has kept me away from being fond of kids I really like

9 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by berryice(f): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2017
First of all I want to thank God for his grace nd mercy..mine happened 2011 may...I was going home..i had an accident...d car tyre was flat,nd d driver was on speed..d car turn upside down...I saw d windscreen break right in front of me...all I could say was blood of Jesus....i Tnk God no life was lost....just injury..but I couldn't sleep...anytime I close my eyes all I see is d incident how it happened for weeks nd month I was traumatized...uptill now I get scared when I travel,any potholes we pass....my heart will just b Beating fast..also my next most traumatized experience was when my sister got missing 2012 sept....don't wanna go deep into it..will stop here....God help us all*amen*

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Coldfeets: 12:02am On Oct 03, 2017
decatalyst:
Scariest for me would be when I was in secondary school...JSS 2 or so...wanted to cross the Iwo road-Ojoo axis. I and two other girls playfully holding hands...we were not going or relating but we wanted to cross at the same time. I could still recall how I took the step and a voice just told me to go back...the two girls crossing went for the run across the road one was hit by a truck and her brain spilled out in an instant, right in front of me!

I could have been dead too!

My praise and gratitude to Jesus who has always been there, watching and keeping me away from seen and unseen dangers.

May his saving hands keep us all through the remainder of this year. Amen.

Fück. angry

The same Jesus that saved you from danger allowed the girl to be killed, right?

What the fück is really wrong with you guys?!

How do you guys find it so comfortable to rejoice over other peoples' calamities albeit indirectly?

Damn!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 12:02am On Oct 03, 2017
ladensmith:

And are u sure, u were never a cultist
i didn't meant to vo disrespectful, just asking.

I wasn't...

It's all good, i understand..

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by greypencils: 12:11am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=ShyCypher post=61050926][/quote]abi na u be d thief?
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 12:12am On Oct 03, 2017
wintersnow:

Sorry for your experience bro...
I hope say no be woman matter?

Thanx man.

Not at all.. Dude, wasn't visibly the lady getting type.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Big Snake Killed In My Office Compound Last Night / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.