Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

Nigerian Constitution - Contesting As Independent Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Constitution - Contesting As Independent Candidate (1157 Views)

I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode / PDP Governorship Candidates Contesting In February 2015 - Photos / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Constitution - Contesting As Independent Candidate by shutmouth(m): 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2007
In the current Nigerian Constitution, is it not possible for qualified people to constest as Independent Candidate (as in the USA).

If so, can Nigerian Citizens resident abroad since more than 20+ years participate.

I am curious because we have many Nigerians living abroad who are qualified and highly educated, with clean records, good skills, many years of experience is business, politics, economics, commerce, technology, International Relations etc. Many have held political positions in local councils in the countries they reside and others are currently Directors and CEO's of large private and public establishments.

I think the current Politicians in Nigeria are lazy, overweight, sickly, semi-illiterate, money conscious and all seem to have lost their thinking faculties.

You know of some Nigerians who left their businesses in UK to join Political Parties in Nigeria recently and they have either been in one legal problem or the other. Simply because they joined the current failed political systems.

Contesting as an Independent Candidate will attract the many qualified Nigerians abroad (like me) who are eager to serve our country.

This issue must be addressed in the next drafting of the Constitution. Don't you think so?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Almost Poisoned By Toxic Waste / Nigerians In Qatar Talk On Yar'adua's Health / A Reminder Of Jonathans's Legacy Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.