Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) (66195 Views)

Buhari Pictured With Saraki And Dogara After The Budget Presentation / Buhari Pictured With His Wife, Aisha Buhari At The Airport / NNPC: 5 Damaging Things Kachikwu Revealed In His Letter To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by AburoBuhari: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2017
k
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by dustydee: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Excellent memo from Kachikwu.

8 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Honestly, I don't know why Ibe Kachukwu is crying...

1. In his letter he sound so insecure like he is in superiority contest with GMD Baru

2. He seem to forget that he is the Minister of State for Petroleum resources and not the Minister of Petroleum resources, hence, any approval the GMD got from Buhari (the minister) subsist and NOBODY owe him any explanation concerning the decision of the boss at the top.

3. I'd have loved that he cite sections of procedures/rules that mandates contracts above $20m MUST be passed through the NNPC board before it is implemented. From the traditions of NNPC, the minister is usually the final appending authority... If, however, that is the case, then this is a serious indictment on both the GMD and the Government.

4. As for appointment, as unfortunate as it may sound, once the Petroleum Minister approves it, it becomes valid with or without the input of minister of State.

Let me for the record state that the office of Minister of State is more or less minister without portfolio because you can easily be sidelined... I'd have preferred Kachukwu to prefer remaining as GMD than the "promotion" to Minister of State when in reality he is at the mercies of the Substantive minister (in his case the president) and nobody will really fear much.

SOLUTION
There is nothing anyone can do about this, not even President Buhari. NNPC is a cash cow and Baru is the GMD and Buhari is the Minister.

I am sure Kachukwu is not expecting Buhari to query or sack his kinsman?

BTW Did I read that they refused to allow Kachukwu get appointment with Buhari? Naija wahala plenty o

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by kross01(m): 8:15am On Oct 03, 2017
Mr Kachikwu, it's either you resign or you keep stomaching the insults, Don't think your letter will change anything. I could remember way back when ex chief of army staff Ihejirika was recounting his experience before being appointed as COAS, he was at some point in his career made to report to a junior officer, that's the military we are talking about, yours won't change ok

9 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by vicade(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2017
Seun front page please.

If the GMD got approvals from Buhari, then Kachukwu should just resign and move on. That would be a bold statement. Wont hold my breath though. This letter was written over a month ago and no public action yet. Maybe things are going on behind the scene but this is an outrage. The cabal will always win and this is one of the ways they can get money to fund their election campaigns next year by doing oil exploration in sokoto and the likes when schools and hospitals are starved of funds.

It was easy for them to arrest dasuki but it is clear that this government is also mopping up funds in a different manner to prepare for the election next year. I also hope now that this is in the public domain, the GMD will reply either in private or public.

Nigeria is still waiting on the wind of change. what APC offers is a mirage.

22 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by trillville(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by SalamRushdie: 8:55am On Oct 03, 2017
Kachikwu needs to realise that the day he was posted to be minister of state was the day he was sidelined ..Ofcourse anyone with an ounce of brain will know that Buhari is cahoots with Dr Baru to sideline Kachikwu if not how do explain Dr Baru having access to seeing the president even when he was in London and Dr Kachikwu being unable to despite many attempts since Buhari returned ..

Dr Kachikwu the writing on the wall is clear Buhari doesn't want you around and I expect to see you resignation before the end of the day .

23 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by Fidelismaria: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2017
blame buhari

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by SalamRushdie: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2017
Funny how members of the BMC have deliberately shunned this thread hahahahahahaha haha.

12 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by Goke7: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly, I don't know why Ibe Kachukwu is crying...

1. In his letter he sound so insecure like he is in superiority contest with GMD Baru

2. He seem to forget that he is the Minister of State for Petroleum resources and not the Minister of Petroleum resources, hence, any approval the GMD got from Buhari (the minister) subsist and NOBODY owe him any explanation concerning the decision of the boss at the top.

3. I'd have loved that he cite sections of procedures/rules that mandates contracts above $20m MUST be passed through the NNPC board before it is implemented. From the traditions of NNPC, the minister is usually the final appending authority... If, however, that is the case, then this is a serious indictment on both the GMD and the Government.

4. As for appointment, as unfortunate as it may sound, once the Petroleum Minister approves it, it becomes valid with or without the input of minister of State.

Let me for the record state that the office of Minister of State is more or less minister without portfolio because you can easily be sidelined... I'd have preferred Kachukwu to prefer remaining as GMD than the "promotion" to Minister of State when in reality he is at the mercies of the Substantive minister (in his case the president) and nobody will really fear much.

SOLUTION
There is nothing anyone can do about this, not even President Buhari. NNPC is a cash cow and Baru is the GMD and Buhari is the Minister.

I am sure Kachukwu is not expecting Buhari to query or sack h

BTW Did I read that they refused to allow Kachukwu get appointment with Buhari?
Naija wahala plentyis kinsman? o

This has been of the major issues since the inception of this administration, Buhari's ministers hardly have access to him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by hoodboy(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2017
@seun, @lalalastica why is this not yet on frontage ?

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by hopilo: 10:44am On Oct 03, 2017
Why Buhari no address this matter?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by SalamRushdie: 10:45am On Oct 03, 2017
hoodboy:
@seun, @lalalastica why is this not yet on frontage ?

Very interesting thread but I wonder why it's not getting any traction, even Sarrki has refused to put his much required input to it

13 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by FearGodinall: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2017
laudate:

Kachikwu is no better than Baru. He should stop pretending to be a saint. Both of them should be probed.
This is all what you have to say on the memo, GMD issuing contracts without approval of the board he head worth billions and you here portraying silliness.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2017
Goke7:

This has been of the major issues since the inception of this administration, Buhari's ministers hardly have access to him.
Thing is Kachukwu isn't HEADING any ministry, Buhari heads ministry of Petroleum resources so his men see no need to grant him access.

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by tit(f): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2017
Small wind blow
buhari yansh is open.

more revelations coming.
You think Oke of DSS is a small pickin?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by SalamRushdie: 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
they are still avoiding this thread ooo

6 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by zombieHUNTER: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
EdCure:

I gave up on Buhari long long ago. He and his nepotistic and sectarian style of governance is the worst form of corruption that has hit Nigeria.

This anti corruption tag is a mere propaganda cliché.
You spoke my mind

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by eagleeye2: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
ibe Kachikwu is a mere boy boy. You guys need to understand that there are some positions that a non Northerner cannot effectively run. Let him leak a hundred letters nothing will be done.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by bopm: 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
the best bet for kachiwkwu is to resign cos this wayward, backward elements will fustrate him esp as he tries to put oil company in order. i will b shocked if buhari is not aware of this shameful act by the nothern ridden nnpc, mind u he buhari is the minister of petroleum. making kachikwu the chairman of board of nnpc is just for making sake and not by function. like chinua achebe, there was once a country.

9 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by urboy1: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
bopm:
the best bet for kachiwkwu is to resign cos this wayward, backward elements will fustrate him esp as he tries to put oil company in order. i will b shocked if buhari is not aware of this shameful act by the nothern ridden nnpc, mind u he buhari is the minister of petroleum. making kachikwu the chairman of board of nnpc is just for making sake and not by function. like chinua achebe, there was once a country.
Kachikwu is busy doing war dance oo.. they cant take him down!!!lool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by pedrilo: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Resign gaddamit!
Resign andnlet the world know who buhari truly is!

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by Aquariann: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
The Unification Decree No. 34 by Ironsi put us in this mess. As soon as these northerners tasted the power to control the Nation's resources, they've never looked back. Everybody for dey manage him resources and answer their papa name by now if not for Ironsi's greed.

12 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kachiukwu is as dumb as they come. When Bubu decided to remove him and kick him upstairs despite his creditable performance, did the bell in his empty skull not ring an alarm ?
Buhari is a nepotistic dullard.
Next.

21 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by texazzpete(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Kachiukwu is as dumb as they come. When Bubu decided to remove him and kick him upstairs despite his creditable performance, did the bell in his empty skull not ring an alarm ?
Buhari is a nepotistic dullard.
Next.

Don't be silly.
Of course he knew that was effectively neutering him. Was he supposed to resign?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by SalamRushdie: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
This is a good thread for front page but it's not there
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by engrachile4ree: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by Elose11(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Oga Kachukwu, if you don't want to continue playing second fiddle to a Hausa boy, tender your resignation letter. Mr Baru did not act alone. He got the President's approval. If you are just feeling the heat now, pls leave the kitchen. This is Hausa boy, Buhari's govt for the Hausas and by the Hausas. You either live with it or gerrrrout.

10 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by bkool7(m): 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
dingbang:
I just hope when an Igbo president is being installed, people will not talk when 90perxent of Igbos are saturated in the president's cabinet....
If igbos aint talking now , ppl wont talk.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu Exposes Maikanti Baru Through His Letter To Buhari (Pictured) by Dedetwo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
Deeldorado:
Imagine the NNPC GMD sidelining the Minister. Northern hegemony at work. Buhari's nepotism cannot allow for the best hands in any parastatal. It is only in government that Northerners excel more than everyone but can't compete in anything else. This administration failed before it started.

This northern hegemony was created by demonic characters from southern Nigeria. It is very unfair to require the northerners to spit the sugar deposited in their mouths by Yari.ba and certain so-called minority groups in southern Nigeria. It is a shame that structurally inadequate scallywags tend to overlord in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Weird MC Pictured With Peter Obi In Manchester / Full Result Of APC Presidential Primary For 2023 Election / Kano House Of Assembly Chief Whip Car's Number Plate Written As Chip Whip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.