Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng (18831 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Announces 23.5% Salary Increment For Lecturers / Nigerian Couple Bag Phds In Mathematics / Is Marking Scheme Necessary For Lecturers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by thunderbabs: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Scrap masters, mk we acquire Doctorate direct too angry
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by khristal87(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2017
pedrilo:
the person u quoted is correct
I ll jst accept u re both ignorant
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by pedrilo: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2017
khristal87:

I ll jst accept u re both ignorant
young man, do ursrlf some good! It is in your best interest to learn from a master of education
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by Ezi39: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2017
Hope this is not a plot against the plan of TRCN to make sure that all the teachers are professional?
I can't wait to see how those dabblers in teaching will be shown the exit next year.
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by mrvitalis(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

*Engineers are people who invent, design, analyse, build and test machines, systems, structures and materials to fulfil objectives and requirements while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.*
how do they test if they cant do the basic technical parts of the ones they use daily.

Testing and repearing means same thing to you ?

The engineer who design an equipment surely can repair it

Engineers are not meant to repair mass produced equipments those are for the technicians ( which you criminally avoided to define )
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by OlujobaSamuel: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

Testing and repearing means same thing to you ?

The engineer who design an equipment surely can repair it

Engineers are not meant to repair mass produced equipments those are for the technicians ( which you criminally avoided to define )
lol, seems you just love to play with words.
I'm not so sure i said they should set up a repair shop/outlet, i said they should be able to repair the ones they use(DIY).
The question is, how many of them(prof) can do that on gadgets they use daily?
I'm not comparing them with technicians but fellow prof from outside the country.
I dont belong to the 2groups so I am not for any.
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by jaychubi: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Lecturing is different from teaching

A lecturer is different from a teacher

No need for PGDE for lecturers but essential for teachers
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
khristal87:

Wrong
PGDE is meant fr those without B.Ed. who wnt to teach esp. Primary n secondary schools.....

So in your book, lecturing is not teaching?
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by carinmom(f): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
jaychubi:

Pls can you shed more light on this? What differentiates lecturing from teaching
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by Ezi39: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
jaychubi:

Then how can a lecturer without education foundation teach because TRCN does not allow that?
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by pedrilo: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
jaychubi:

I don't need a suit sayer to know this is a layman's view. PGDE is a graduate diploma in education!
Do you know what education means?
Simply put, its the transfer of knowledge for the benefit of mankind.
And there are different methods of transferring this knowledge, teaching and lecturing is just to mention a few.
Flowing from the above, can you justify your reason for exempting those who use lecturing method to transfer knowledge from getting a graduate diploma in Education?
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by fratermathy(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
thunderbabs:
Scrap masters, mk we acquire Doctorate direct too angry

That is how it is in some countries like the USA. Masters is just a waste of time. Let's be able to do PhD directly!
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by fratermathy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezi39:

Then how can a lecturer without education foundation teach because TRCN does not allow that?

Lecturers are not mandated to have any teaching qualification or to register with TRCN for that matter. Only lecturers in Colleges of Education are mandated to acquire teaching qualifications if they don't already have one.

So let's speak on what we know of. Lecturers are not teachers in the traditional sense of that word. They impart knowledge and education alright but their primary aim is to push the frontiers of scholarship via quality research. You don't need a PGDE to engage in research!
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by Meel: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
mrvitalis:

Functions of an engineer do not include repair get that ....he can chose to learn that if he feels but it's never the job of an engineer

A doctor might learn the job of a lab scientist but that's not his Area
Bro you shouldn't have used lab scientists and doc , it doesn't go at all.

As a technician is to to an engineer , a lab scientists is not to Doctor.

This best comparison would have been, Lab scientists to lab technician , pharmacist to pharm tech, Dentist to dental technician , ...
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by jaychubi: 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
pedrilo:
I don't need a suit sayer to know this is a layman's view. PGDE is a graduate diploma in education!
Do you know what education means?
Simply put, its the transfer of knowledge for the benefit of mankind.
And there are different methods of transferring this knowledge, teaching and lecturing is just to mention a few.
Flowing from the above, can you justify your reason for exempting those who use lecturing method to transfer knowledge from getting a graduate diploma in Education?

U r jst a kid u can go find out the difference between lecturing and teaching, they are not d same thing.

A lecturer is not a teacher n does nt need PGDE but an idiot like u will never understand. My position is dt of NUC n u call it layman anyway what do I expect frm a fool like u
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by jaychubi: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezi39:

Go and find out d difference between lecturing n teaching, they are nt d same, a lecturer is meant to lecture nt teach
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by jaychubi: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
carinmom:

Pls can you shed more light on this? What differentiates lecturing from teaching

A lecturer is to lecture you not teach u. Basically teaching is for primary n secondary school @ university level u r lectured ie guided on what to learn or shown what to study then u go n learn it.

Now dnt get it twisted a lot of lecturers actually do teach but they are nt designed to teach but lecture
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by jaychubi: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
carinmom:

A lecturer is to lecture you not teach u. Basically teaching is for primary n secondary school @ university level u r lectured ie guided on what to learn or shown what to study then u go n learn it.

Now dnt get it twisted a lot of lecturers actually do teach but they are nt designed to teach but lecture.
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by pedrilo: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
jaychubi:

U r jst a kid u can go find out the difference between lecturing and teaching, they are not d same thing.

A lecturer is not a teacher n does nt need PGDE but an idiot like u will never understand. My position is dt of NUC n u call it layman anyway what do I expect frm a fool like u
I wasn't really expecting a brilliant reply from you though, bn a layman that you are.
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by khristal87(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

So in your book, lecturing is not teaching?
So teachers n lecturers re d same?
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by Ezi39: 5:20am On Oct 04, 2017
jaychubi:

Go and find out d difference between lecturing n teaching, they are nt d same, a lecturer is meant to lecture nt teach
That does not address the question I asked.
Re: NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng by carinmom(f): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
jaychubi:

Now dnt get it twisted a lot of lecturers actually do teach but they are nt designed to teach but lecture

Well I understand the point you are trying to make, I myself am a lecturer, but just like you observed what we do is teaching and not lecturing, because if you employ the lecturing method with this present caliber of students we have, OYO is your case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU / Can He Study SLT With A D7 In Biology? / Photos From The Burial Of UNIZIK Graduate Who Died Few Weeks Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.