Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV (1283 Views)

Customer Review Of TSTV Services / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by toluxa1(m): 8:49am On Oct 03, 2017
I stumbled upon a Question and Answer (Q&A) video online with Dr Bright Echefu, the CEO himself and this video below will definitely clear your doubt about the newly launched paytv company and will undoubtedly assure you that they have come to stay. They have a clear goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeyoMb--KCI

lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by unite4real: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2017
lalasticlala. this is front page worthy. first hand information from the CEO of TSTV
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Ezigbonmadu: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2017
toluxa1:
I stumbled upon a Question and Answer (Q&A) video online with Dr Bright Echefu, the CEO himself and this video below will definitely clear your doubt about the newly launched paytv company and will undoubtedly assure you that they have come to stay.

So, TSTv will offer 4G internet service from their satellite platform. That is interesting. So many things are promised here that are ridiculously impossible. I wish they succeed at least to break DSTv monopoly but it appears they are too ambitious or simply know nothing about satellite technology.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by MorataFC: 10:25am On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

So, TSTv will offer 4G internet service from their satellite platform. That is interesting. So many things are promised here that are ridiculously impossible. I wish they succeed at least to break DSTv monopoly but it appears they are too ambitious or simply know nothing about satellite technology.
then tell us what u know
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Mediapace: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2017
For me this distribution is taking longer than expected o!

Well i only need them to air Epl,Uefa and laliga

If they can do that,this is how DSTV will leave Nigeria after 2 months of serious bashing

2 Likes

Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Ezigbonmadu: 10:45am On Oct 03, 2017
MorataFC:
then tell us what u know

You can only have 4G internet services from wireless broadbands. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, Long Term Evolution (LTE), WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives).
I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices which is what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

1. That their decoder is Android.
2. That the device doubles as a router.

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.

2 Likes

Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by MorataFC: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

You can only have 4G internet services from wireless broadbands. Other wireless protocols are WiMAX, Long Term Evolution (LTE), WiFi, GPRS, 3.5/3.0G. While satellite bands are ku and c bands (and their derivatives).
I'm a Communication Engineer. TSTv claiming to provide 4G on a satellite platform is impossible and ridiculous. Except there will be SIM cards on their devices which is what I suspect because he mentioned 2 things:

Essentially what they will offer is a smart phone in a big box. They will depend on your local GSM coverage and data for their data uplinks while downlinks are handled by their satellite feed.

My conclusion:
1. Their data speed will be terrible. Hence people buying the device just for data will be frustrated.
2. They are just a third party service provider. They don't have their own satellite feeds. They will also resell internet from main one (according to Dr Bright, their CEO). Thus, as resellers, they can't control or guarantee quality.
hmmmm,
OK thanks.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Vizzim: 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
I have to wait and see.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by dustmalik: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

My conclusion:
Well, according to TStv's CEO, the data service will be handled by MainOne cable.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Ezigbonmadu: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
dustmalik:

Well, according to TStv's CEO, the data service will be handled by MainOne cable.

That means globacom. I'm not thrilled.
Correction: MainOne is south african equivalence of Glo submarine cable.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by dustmalik: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

That means globacom. I'm not thrilled.
Have you used Glo 4G LTE? Because I am right now, and it's fast.
Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by donjazet(m): 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
I hope they live up to expectations.

Like for the success of TSTV

1 Like

Re: Interview ( Question and Answer) With Dr Bright, CEO Of TSTV by Ezigbonmadu: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
dustmalik:

Have you used Glo 4G LTE? Because I am right now, and it's fast.
My apologies, I just confirmed, MainOne is South African while Glo submarine is its Nigeria competitor hence not the same.
And yes, I currently use Glo 4G. The speed is unbelievably fast for a Nigerian data. And its also cheap.

Now the question for TSTv is this: How will they handle uplink?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2019 Audition, Registration, Form, Venue And Date / DOWNLOAD Korean Movie: Dokgu Rewind Episode 1 / Would You Rather Be An English Actor Or A Yoruba Actor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.