Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai (982 Views)

Godfatherism: My Comment Not For Tinubu, Says El-rufai / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori / Why The Economist Endorsed Me ― Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by lightblazingnow(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me for Second Term, Says El-Rufai
allafrica.com

Kaduna — Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, has said President Muhammadu Buhari has endorsed his re-election bid in 2019.

In a live radio interview with local radio stations in the state on Sunday, the governor declared that with the endorsement by Mr. President, he would definitely seek re-election.

In the interview which was conducted in Hausa language, el-Rufai said after his endorsement by party stakeholders on September 16 to run for a second term in 2019, he went to brief the president who also gave him the green light.

"It was after I have finished briefing him that he (the president) gave me the nod to seek re-election together with my deputy," he said during the radio programme.

The governor however said his endorsement does not mean that any person interested in the governorship cannot come out, stressing that the constitution of the All Progressives Congress (APC) allows for primaries to elect a flag-bearer just as it equally allows for a consensus candidate if the majority of the party members agreed on a consensus candidate.

He said whatever might be the case, he is ready to face anybody in a free contest in order to clinch the party's ticket for a second term.

Also commenting on the seeming crack in the state chapter of the party which had led to the emergence of factions, the governor maintained that it was the handiwork of some disgruntled elements who think they can only thrive if there are crises.

"Very soon we are going to invite every stakeholder to a meeting and allow anybody who feels he or she is short changed to express his grievances. We are democrats and we are ready to adjust if we erred," he said.

A faction of the party which is loyal to the governor had at a recent stakeholders' meeting, endorsed him for a second term come 2019.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201710030019.html
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by lightblazingnow(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Alright
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by madridguy(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
grin
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Homeboiy: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Story
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 03, 2017
lol did he said the president gave him the green light...
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Randomshotz: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2017
Wow! Good for him. So Buhari has become a political party.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2017
Then you have failed even before you begin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Sirheny007(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2017
Who cares what happens in the North?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Pheals(f): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2017
hmmmm greediness...
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by BigBelleControl(m): 10:42am On Oct 03, 2017
Have you seen an Undergraduate student with bad GP talking about Masters? That's how Nigerian politicians behave.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by SalamRushdie: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2017
Welcome to Autocracy where people are not elected by endorsed by a strongman communist
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by yanshDoctor: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2017
communist system of government have done to us no good.
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by capatainrambo: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
the tale of the midget and bubu

stupid duo
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by lightblazingnow(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by NigerDeltan(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
But Buhari is from katsina nah and with only one vote
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by Basic123: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
This Aba made jews sha want to force themselves on isreal grin
Confused set of people.
Re: Nigeria: Buhari Has Endorsed Me For Second Term, Says El-rufai by lightblazingnow(m): 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
Still hoping

(1) (Reply)

2019: Buhari’s Game Plan Unfolds As He Prepares For Second Term / Forget 2019 Presidency Or Face Resistance - Arewa Youths Consultative Forum (AYC / Seun, See What Was Trending On Google In 2017 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.