Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Please Help, My Car Was Stolen - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Help, My Car Was Stolen (5567 Views)

Beware!! This Toks 2011 Toyota 4runner Sr5 Was Stolen -- Don't Buy It!! / Nairalander, Please Help, This Vehicle Was Stolen While Test Driving / My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by qleyo(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
My car was stolen from me just this Monday (1st of March 2010). I'm still in shock from the whole incidence. I don't know what possessed me to go use the ATM, but it was a fairly public place at about 8pm on admiralty way in Lekki 1. Two men walked up to me, one put a gun to my stomach and asked for my keys, they took my car Toyota Corolla 2009 Model Silver, with all my belongings in it, Blackberry, Nokia, Wallet, Cards, Drivers License and my hand bag. They even took my house keys, leaving me stranded.

Writing about it now even makes me want to cry as I'd barely had the car for three weeks and had just driven it four times. I'm also new to Lagos and was just starting to find my feet. Now I'm taking refuge back at my family house which I had proudly moved out of.

If anyone has any details at all (especially car details), the registration number is FM520 ABJ, although I'm certain they would have removed the plates. I don't have a picture of my car but here is a picture of what it looks like. The VIN/Chassis number is AHTLC58E903009590 and proof of ownership was issued on 09-02-10 with Spec VIN A3812368.

Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by AqRiUsAge(f): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
my heart goes out to you. Wish I knew what to say sad
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by ayusman16(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2010
pray u find it. av u reported dis 2 d police?
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by violent(m): 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2010
You need to post more information about the vehicle, the Vin, etc!

Secondly, make sure you report the case at the Police.

And third, pray!
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by bigfather(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2010
sorry about the loss. cry
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by Busybody2(f): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
Sorry for the loss, thank God you are alive to tell the tale.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by axeman85(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
eya sorry for the loss ooo. at least thank God you are alive and well, but sham the car had to go. its very rare to find back stolen car in naija if thecar doesnt have tracking device or immobiliser that only the car owner knows where it is and without turning it off it wont start. anyway sorry about the car. but i guess if its insured fully compy you should be able to get payout by insurance but it might take donkey years sha.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by cchioke: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2010
qleyo:

My car was stolen from me just this Monday (1st of March 2010). I'm still in shock from the whole incidence. I don't know what possessed me to go use the ATM, but it was a fairly public place at about 8pm on admiralty way in Lekki 1. Two men walked up to me, one put a gun to my stomach and asked for my keys, they took my car Toyota Corolla 2009 Model Silver, with all my belongings in it, Blackberry, Nokia, Wallet, Cards, Drivers License and my hand bag. They even took my house keys, leaving me stranded.

Writing about it now even makes me want to cry as I'd barely had the car for three weeks and had just driven it four times. I'm also new to Lagos and was just starting to find my feet. Now I'm taking refuge back at my family house which I had proudly moved out of.

If anyone has any details at all (especially car details), the registration number is FM520 ABJ, although I'm certain they would have removed the plates. I don't have a picture of my car but here is a picture of what it looks like.

so sorry about the whole thing,but you didnt back up your claim with details,what of if some one sees the car tomorrow how would the person identify it?

so
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by cchioke: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
so sorry about the incidence,but as it is you didnt back up your claim with info,if you dont have them go back to the dealer that sold the car to you or satch for the car receipt somehow you should be able to get the car deatails,as for the plate is obvious that they must have removed it so that is not enough,as for colour there are so many ash coloured corrolla out there,lets have the vin,eng details i pray you recover the car
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by jibsy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2010
Do you have insurance??Tracker??
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by Jucol(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2010
Vanity upon vanity all is vanity! Ecclesiastes 6:1-3
"There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it is common among men:
a man to whom God hath given riches, wealth, and honor, so that he wanteth nothing for his soul of all that he desireth, yet God giveth him not power to eat thereof, but a stranger eateth it: this is vanity, and it is an evil disease."

Oh God! Grant us the Grace and special gift to enjoy the fruit of our labour.  Keep these evil men away from us, we pray thee.

Well too sad a case sad
I hope your insurance company will respond speedily, and you find your car. Be strong!
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by ITGuru3: 4:54am On Mar 08, 2010
Sorry for the incidence. You may need to also report it to the Nigerian Police Auto Theft/Recovery Portal: http://74.55.133.250/reportlogin.php . (I don't know how efficient it is as I have not used it before).

But you could have saved this act, recover your Vehicle by now and have Peace of Mind if you have our 3-in-1 Vechicle/Fleet Management System installed in that Vehicle.

Please Read our Post for details: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html

For other readers: A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by kazibra: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
angry angry angry

Waoh!!!!! I really feel for you o my guy.Just take heart>my brother's car was stolen about 2 months ago,till now we are still looking for

The consolation is just that your life was spare.There was somebody that after collecting the key from him,they still shot him.

''when there is life,there is hope''

I wonder where they put all of these cars for sale without them being nabbed? It is really disheartening.

Sorry my brother.I really feel for you o,
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by qleyo(f): 10:26am On Mar 18, 2010
Thank you everyone for the kind words and my apologies for the delayed response. The VIN/Chassis number is AHTLC58E903009590 and proof of ownership was issued on 09-02-10 with Spec VIN A3812368.

I am thankful to be here, insurance has said the process will take up to six months as the police have to send a final report stating they have not been able to recover the vehicle. There is a reason for everything I believe, so in all this I'm thankful.

Thanks again everyone.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by qleyo(f): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2010
IT_Guru:

Sorry for the incidence. You may need to also report it to the Nigerian Police Auto Theft/Recovery Portal: http://74.55.133.250/reportlogin.php . (I don't know how efficient it is as I have not used it before).

But you could have saved this act, recover your Vehicle by now and have Peace of Mind if you have our 3-in-1 Vechicle/Fleet Management System installed in that Vehicle.

Please Read our Post for details: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html

For other readers: A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE

I was going to install a tracking system, initially the first insurance company we approached had offered a package which came with tracking, unfortunately I had been advised to stick with an insurance company I have history with, so that when a situation as such happens they would be no *story* getting the funds bank. Unfortunately as I had only driven the car 4 days (it had arrived Lagos just the week before and I had only just gotten the MOT done) I hadn't even had enough time to learn how to navigate Lekki to VI let alone researching a decent tracking system. No point crying over spilled milk but this is certainly something I would advice anyone to invest in. Two companies that most people seem to recommend are Cotrak and Track Tag.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by Jucol(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2010
I am thankful to be here, insurance has said the process will take up to six months as the police have to send a final report stating they have not been able to recover the vehicle. There is a reason for everything I believe, so in all this I'm thankful.

Take heart sweetie! lets hope that Insurance coy responds faster. Its their duty to carry on with the trouble.

Good luck
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
Sorry for the news of the stolen vehicle.
Hope u find it soon.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by maballack(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2010
Sorrry to say but are you sure you are not just advertising, how would you Know recommendations, when you were initially offered it with insurance

1 you are new to lagos
2 you dint even use any of both tracking companies, Please dont just go making wrong claims just to advertise a tracking service you are a marketer on,

A typical case of Penny Wise Pound Foolish
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by invisible2(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
@maballack, that was harsh!
I pray you never live to see what it feels like to lose your car, advertisement or not, first show remorse or, waka pass.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by invisible2(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
My Nissan Bluebird wagon, 1988 model that I parked outside a compound in Enugu to attend a burial inside the compound was stolen before I could come out from the compound. All my vital documents, cheques, ATM cards, I'd cards, reciept booklets, drivers licence and other documents were in the car. This incident happened on the 29th of January this year.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by sultaan(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2010
I hope my statement is not seen as my lack of sensitivity to the pain of a fellow being
By my judgement of security condition in Nigeria, it is very logical to see that the odds of losing popular model of cars to thieves is very high if you drive it as needed(not sundays,or be4 5pm only).

So instead of buying those model why not buy other models or equivalents

Buy luxurious version Acura, Lexus (Civic/RSX,Accord/TL/TSX,Camry/ES300) you might be paying same price anyway.

Buy American instead of Japanese models, instead of Corolla buy Focus, or Cobalt.(look thru American models you may be suprise what you find)

Buy lesser known brands like Mitsubishi, Mazda

Remember that installed after market GPS tracking can be uninstalled.
I'm sure a lot of owners will rather look for parts than a stolen vehicle, just think of how many American cars you know/see stolen.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by sultaan(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2010
I hope my statement is not seen as my lack of sensitivity to the pain of a fellow being
By my judgement of security condition in Nigeria, it is very logical to see that the odds of losing popular model of cars to thieves is very high if you drive it as needed(not sundays,or be4 5pm only).

Buy luxurious version Acura, Lexus (Civic/RSX,Accord/TL/TSX,Camry/ES300) you might be paying same price anyway.

Buy American instead of Japanese models, instead of Corolla buy Focus, or Cobalt.(look thru American models you may be suprise what you find)

I'm sure a lot of owners will rather look for parts than a stolen vehicle, just think of how many American cars you know/see stolen.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by lumzy2: 10:51am On Mar 20, 2010
sorry bout the loss,
thank God ure still alive to tell d story.
A friend of mine got shot in the leg after the thieves had driven the car for some mins just to knw if it has no security system.
fortunately, the car was latter found.

this car can still be found, you will need contacts so police can do a committed job,
inter-states route must be noted for possible escape route.
cotonou is a definite destination,otherwise nigerians will be breaking the parts,

i pray u find it soon, else, u wont find it in whole.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by ITGuru3: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
qleyo:

I was going to install a tracking system, initially the first insurance company we approached had offered a package which came with tracking, unfortunately I had been advised to stick with an insurance company I have history with, so that when a situation as such happens they would be no *story* getting the funds bank. Unfortunately as I had only driven the car 4 days (it had arrived Lagos just the week before and I had only just gotten the MOT done) I hadn't even had enough time to learn how to navigate Lekki to VI let alone researching a decent tracking system. No point crying over spilled milk but this is certainly something I would advice anyone to invest in. Two companies that most people seem to recommend are Cotrak and Track Tag.

Cases like this are very common this days. But one thing with Nigerians is that we are too keen about taking precautive measures.

My advice to Nairalanders is that if you are buying a car whether Brand New or Tokunbo, always ensure you install a Vehicle Tracking System before driving the Vehicle out of the Auto Dealer's shop. We are Partnered with some Auto Dealers who ensure that every Vehicle they sell is Equiped with a Tracker thereby giving both the Seller and the Buyer Peace of Mind and Safety.

We can install in anywhere in Nigeria and you don't need to pay into our Account as once you are ready, We send our Technician to your Location with our Equipment. You make payment through our Technician once you have tested and confirmed that all our proposed features are working. Please Visit www.hiphensolutions.com for Details.

Here is our Thread for your reference: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376333.0.html
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by sultaan(m): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2010

Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by naijacutee(f): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2010
I'm so sorry about your loss, and I hope you find it soon. I know that everyone complains about the inefficiency of the Nigerian Police, but do report it to them. If it's any consolation to you, about 10 years ago (and under a more lax government), my mums car which was also brand new at the time got stolen at gunpoint. It was reported to the police, and was found after 2 weeks. So don't lose hope, don't underestimate the police either. Give them a chance, and make a formal report at the station.

On a totally unrelated note, your website/business/services as perceived through the link on your profile, rocks.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by jfking2005(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
I pray God help you to find it sha. AMEN

but I hope you engrave all the body? for possible resell?
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by qleyo(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
Just to update everyone on this, one year later and after seeing a therapist, I've managed to leave this all behind me - I haven't been to an ATM until two months ago. Insurance payed up and now I have a new car, I've gone for something less attractive to thieves and tried to purchase some add ons to make it much easier to identify. I also have a tracking system but did not go for either of the two companies and actually shipped one in, one of the companies I don't remember which told me to call them back three months later - very silly thing to suggest! The other didn't have as attractive a package as I have thought. In any case, I'm being safe and vigilant.

Thank you all again and be safe.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by werepeLeri: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
In case you want a GPS navigator system to move around town. You can buy one. Call 0703 694 9019 for details.
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by inspiredm(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
qleyo:

I also have a tracking system but did not go for either of the two companies and actually shipped one in, one of the companies I don't remember which told me to call them back three months later - very silly thing to suggest! The other didn't have as attractive a package as I have thought.

Good you've moved On

How do you mean you Shipped in a Tracking System ? Please educate.

Did you Ship it in Independently ?

Is the Tracking Company located Outside the Country ?
Re: Please Help, My Car Was Stolen by naijacutee(f): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2011
Glad you're at least getting over the trauma!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Clean Lexus ES350 09, Tokunbo / / Sold Matte Black BMW 5 Series Registered For Sale...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.