Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Atheism By Definition Is Problematic - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic (7215 Views)

By Definition, Jesus Is Actually A Bastard With Unknown Root. / A Prayerless Wife Is Problematic Says Mike Bamiloye / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

They prove that there is intelligence behind the design and we term this intelligence to be God. You can claim it proves something else to you which isn't God but that's your opinion wink
Which God are you placing behind design?

Besides, the question of whether the universe is a product of intelligence or design is yet to be answered too.
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by vaxx: 10:22am On Oct 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Nope, the argument never ends... That proves God's existence cannot be proven by arguments.
ok...it is to broaden each other knowledge.... That is all...I don't argue to win...I learn
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2017
vaxx:
ok...it is to broaden each other knowledge.... That is all...I don't argue to win...I learn
Maybe some other time, please.
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by vaxx: 10:27am On Oct 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Maybe some other time, please.
ok bro.... Once again I value your mental stability
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Which God are you placing behind design?

Besides, the question of whether the universe is a product of intelligence or design is yet to be answered too.

I do not need to place any God behind design. All I need to say is that God was responsible. You who are very critical about which one should then go ahead and find out which one.

Intelligence and design has been answered. I for one has answered it and as a theist I am an authority in my own right to say that the universe was created based on inferred and empirical evidence which I am subject to.

A scientist may have their own "authoritative" claim but I do not have to subscribe to it simply because they assume that their own empirical evidence does not align with mine in most cases and mine does not align with theirs.

But I see beyond what they see and can draw inferences which support my own position from their own claim.
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I do not need to place any God behind design. All I need to say is that God was responsible.
Everyone can say whatever they want.

You who are very critical about which one should then go ahead and find out which one.
I can't help you with this your problem.

Intelligence and design has been answered. I for one has answered it and as a theist I am an authority in my own right to say that the universe was created based on inferred and empirical evidence which I am subject to.

A scientist may have their own "authoritative" claim but I do not have to subscribe to it simply because they assume that their own empirical evidence does not align with mine in most cases and mine does not align with theirs.

But I see beyond what they see and can draw inferences which support my own position from their own claim.
If your methods are only verifiable by you. It isn't knowledge, but opinion.

Last time I checked everyone is free to believe anything they want.

4 Likes

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Everyone can say whatever they want.

I can't help you with this your problem.

If your methods are only verifiable by you. It isn't knowledge, but opinion.

Last time I checked everyone is free to believe anything they want.

I like your last comment. Why then do your fellow atheists not realise this simple thing?

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I like your last comment. Why then do your fellow atheists not realise this simple thing?

What nonsense are you on about? It is your ilk that deny atheists freedom from religion.
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

I want to believe that your stupidity isn't genetic but cultivated.

Can you show me who denies atheists freedom from religion? This is a religious section. Atheists are not religious yet they are all over the place here jumping on every religious thread and you now make this nonsensical comment?

Ogbeni you better seek medical help or counselling for this your stupidity. It is already out of hand.

How can we deny atheists what they claim they are already free from? grin

You can be fired from a job if you're an atheist. That should be illegal
NYSC and hospital staff will abuse you if you want to leave the religion blank space empty on registration forms or worse put "atheist" and see what happens.
An atheist was put in an asylum right here in Nigeria by his family. Even police supported it. If not for humanists abroad, he would have been locked up as a mad man forever

2 Likes

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by adepeter2027(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Observing sha
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

NYSC and hospital staff will abuse you if you want to leave the religion blank space empty on registration forms or worse put "atheist" and see what happens.
An atheist was put in an asylum right here in Nigeria by his family. Even police supported it. If not for humanists abroad, he would have been locked up as a mad man forever

grin no wonder Nairaland is your safe haven.

You chose your path so deal with the consequences. Be bold enough to cancel religion and state you are an atheist. Afterall traditionalists refuse to swear by the bible or Quran so you can simply ask that they trust you without attaching anything as your anchor cheesy

The family that put the atheist in an asylum probably saw the devolution of his mental state which atheism caused grin Just like you whose atheism has brought dumbness.

There is always a downside to atheism same with other aspects of life. Learn to live with your choices and the consequences they bring.

#stop being a coward
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by vaxx: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

this your post captured my mind... There is freedom of worship in Nigeria base on what we have in the constitution...

I have never witness any attack on atheist before though....
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

grin no wonder Nairaland is your safe haven.

You chose your path so deal with the consequences. Be bold enough to cancel religion and state you are an atheist. Afterall traditionalists refuse to swear by the bible or Quran so you can simply ask that they trust you without attaching anything as your anchor cheesy

The family that put the atheist in an asylum probably saw the devolution of his mental state which atheism caused grin Just like you whose atheism has brought dumbness.

There is always a downside to atheism same with other aspects of life. Learn to live with your choices and the consequences they bring.

#stop being a coward

Am I dreaming? Butterflyl1on made sense! Today must be a special day.

Cowards live longer. A lot of brave "unbelievers" have been separated from their necks in the North

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

Am I dreaming? Butterflyl1on made sense! Today must be a special day.

Cowards live longer. A lot of brave "unbelievers" have been separated from their necks in the North

Yet they died believing. Brave is a state of acceptance and confrontation. Coward is a state of acceptance yet denial when it matters most.

Spot the difference?
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Yet they died believing. Brave is a state of acceptance and confrontation. Coward is a state of acceptance yet denial when it matters most.

Spot the difference?

Will you keep quiet. Go and tell your muslim Hausa neighbors that their prophet is mad and call him MohaMAD they way you always do here on nairaland and lets see how it ends.

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
vaxx:
this your post captured my mind... There is freedom of worship in Nigeria base on what we have in the constitution...

Stop talking fantasy. The reality is very different.
Christians and Muslims are not allowed to worship freely in many parts of the country. There are many parts of the north where christians are not allowed to build churches, same goes for muslims. There are some parts of the south where they are not allowed to build their mosques.

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
vaxx:

ta which freedom ask Muhammad bala what happened to him in kano when he came out as atheist.

In fact say you are an atheist and run for election lets see what happens.

Or even as a traditionalist sef
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by vaxx: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
dalaman:

Stop talking fantasy. The reality is very different.
Christians and Muslims are not allowed to worship freely in many parts of the countries. There are many parts of the north where christians are not a lower to build churches, same goes for muslims. There are some parts of the south where they are not allowed to build their mosques.
let me tell you, you have the right in constitution to practice whatever you belive...society may reject you but the law protect you ...
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by vaxx: 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

ta which freedom ask Muhammad bala what happened to him in kano when he came out as atheist.

In fact say you are an atheist and run for election lets see what happens.

Or even as a traditionalist sef
per constitutional right the law protect you...
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
dalaman:

Will you keep quiet. Go and tell your muslim Hausa neighbors that their prophet is mad and call him MohaMAD they way you always do here on nairaland and lets see how it ends.

If you have been observant you must have read where I repeatedly stated that I have them as neighbours around my farm and they are mostly Fulanis and I sometimes take time out to preach to them. We sometimes end up arguing but when that happens I stop because my Hausa is not so good. However I do point out to them that MuhamMAD is not holy and he is not to be regarded as an acceptable example to anyone.

They do not like it when I say this but the more I say it the more they got used to my words so today we are friends and during their sallah they blessed me with enough ram meat.

You think say I be coward like Una?
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If you have been observant you must have read where I repeatedly stated that I have them as neighbours around my farm and they are mostly Fulanis and I sometimes take time out to preach to them. We sometimes end up arguing but when that happens I stop because my Hausa is not so good. However I do point out to them that MuhamMAD is not holy and he is not to be regarded as an acceptable example to anyone.

They do not like it when I say this but the more I say it the more they got used to my words so today we are friends and during their sallah they blessed me with enough ram meat.

Shebi you know that I know that you are a liar?

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2017
vaxx:
let me tell you, you have the right in constitution to practice whatever you belive...society may reject you but the law protect you ...

The law that has protected many people that were killed on religious grounds is where?

The law that protects christians who are trying to build their churches in many parts of the north is where? Same goes for the muslims that can't erect their mosques in many parts of the south.

1 Like

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

Everybody knows he's a certified liar. grin
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
dalaman:

BUTTERFLY LYING
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2017

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
dalaman:

Of course the usual liar liar rant grin

If I had not said it here long ago that I have Hausas and Fulanis around my farm and they were even the ones who taught me Hausa and I mentioned during their sallah that they loaded me with ram meat to the extent I suffered constipation.

If I had not said all this long ago then yes I would have been a liar. But I said them.

You can go through my history as butterflylion and not butterflyl1on.
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by hopefulLandlord: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2017

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by dalaman: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If I had not said it here long ago that I have Hausas and Fulanis around my farm and they were even the ones who taught me Hausa and I mentioned during their sallah that they loaded me with ram meat to the extent I suffered constipation.

If I had not said all this long ago then yes I would have been a liar. But I said them.

So because you told lies long ago means what? Firstly, muslims do NOT live around pigs. You said you have a pig farm and Hausa people stay around your pig farm. That is a VERY BIG LIE. Hausa people do NOT want to see pigs around them. If you want to drive them away just rear pigs around and they will leave the area. Sighting pigs alone to them is Haram talk more of living around a pig farm. Hausa muslims do NOT live near pigs at all. You are shameless. You think lying and imagining that you have Hausa neighbors around your pig farm who dash you sallah meat even after telling them that MuhamMAD is not holy and he is not to be regarded as an acceptable example to anyone will make us accept the lie abi?

Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by JackBizzle: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

What stops you from lying twice?

Butterflylying!
Re: Atheism By Definition Is Problematic by butterflyl1on: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
dalaman:

So because you told lies long ago means what? Firstly, muslims do NOT live around pigs. You said you have a pig farm and Hausa people stay around your pig farm. That is a VERY BIG LIE. Hausa people do NOT want to see pigs around them. If you want to drive them away just rear pigs around and they will leave the area. Sighting pigs alone to them is Haram talk more of living around a pig farm. Haisa muslaims do NOT live near pigs at all. You are shameless. You think lying and imagining that you have Hausa neighbors around your pig farm who dash you sallah meat even after telling them that MuhamMAD is not holy and he is not to be regarded as an acceptable example to anyone will make us accept the lie abi

Chai. Dala the Gala I am sure you would like a description of the location of my piggery and also the location of the Fulanis around me to understand that around does not mean right next door and neighbour does not mean right next door.

Did I ever say they come around my piggery?

Ogbeni if you like believe if you like continue ranting liar liar. I have told you the reality. You can believe your own comments for both of us cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics / THESE GOODS ARE PAID FOR!!! / What Is Destiny: Is There A Destiny And Can It Be Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.