Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (102666 Views)

Reverend Father Enyinnaya: How I Have Survived Women’s Pressure For 32 Years / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
emmie14:
....am discussing drinking and drunkenness , not smoking of weed n cigar. Cigarette � is an organized madness.
If cigarette is an organized madness then taking alcohol as a Christian is foolishness.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by gud2bvee: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
One of the major problems in Nigeria is ignorance and we've refused to widen our tentacles and embrace deep knowledge. We think we know but we don't. The religious even smoke outside Nigeria especially Europe. There's nothing wrong with drinking or smoking but excessively or frequently doing so is a problem which the world has been trying to curb. For the posters who only post to drag traffic without further research, it's a pity but you need to think ahead.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by nnamdi7160: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:
They pretend to be holy but commit some of the most gross acts of sexual deviance

Any proff?
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by keypha1: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
Where is the Reverend father you mention. Castle drink are mostly sales in Benin or Togo so they are not Nigeria.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by obaseno(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
ghettowriter:
embarassed

This is from a movie scene right?
I tot so too
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by nnamdi7160: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tamass:
Movie or no movie if muslims are caught doing this now..they will shout hypocrites,liars and all sort! Since the aforementioned happened to be xtians they will just come here and say end time...let me park well and watch the real hypocrites

Does the holy book condemn alcohol?
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
joepapilo:
Where in the bible or al'quran is it stated that drinking alcohol is a sin. ?
Isaiah 5:11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning in pursuit of beer, who linger into the evening, inflamed by wine
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
On harvest, weddings etc people come with loads of beer. I think its gettin out of hand, & the catholic church shld do sometin ASAP, to stop alcoholism in d church premises...
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
igbeke:
In conclusion,
Biblically speaking, Drinking of beer is never a sin. Let us not be to holy as to be editing the Holy Scriptures.

And as for those claiming that the shooting in Las Vegas was carried out by a Christian, I don't know where you got that from. There are so many people in Europe with Christian names but yet have been radicalized by the Islamic doctrines they listen to. This Vegas guy could just be one of such victims of Islamic extrem teachings.

Isaiah 5:11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning in pursuit of beer, who linger into the evening, inflamed by wine.
Instead of taking alcohol why not be filled with the holy ghost.Ephesians 5:18 And don’t get drunk with wine, which leads to reckless actions, but be filled by the Spirit. Why wouldn't a Christian get drunk in the holy ghost instead of taking wine that might lead to drunkenness
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by MaestroID(m): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
GetMeRight:

Intoxication itself might not be a sin. But what follows intoxication in terms of actions and speeches might be sin, sin and more sin.

Control n self awearness is put into considration
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Bullhari: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tamass:
Movie or no movie if muslims are caught doing this now..they will shout hypocrites,liars and all sort! Since the aforementioned happened to be xtians they will just come here and say end time...let me park well and watch the real hypocrites

are u justifying the hypocrisy of Muslims? but as a religion of peace as well?
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by billyG(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
after tht dem go come pfuck demselves grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Freeman59: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:
They pretend to be holy but commit some of the most gross acts of sexual deviance

Shut up! You pretend more. I'm not a Catholic, at least not anymore but moderate drinking is allowed within the Catholic doctrine
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by malachytochukwu(m): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
In the bible its not a sin. However, some people who do not read the bible but depend on what "their GO " tell them would definitely disagree.
sandland:
In catholic church it's not a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by smathmike(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:
what's this one now saying?
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:

Mr judge well done Sir angry
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Alezy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
abelprice:
This is why d Muslim think Christianity is a joke.... because d Christians make joke out of it..... you will neva see d Islamic religion creating a scene like this one in deir movie.. undecided...
so because they are drinking its a joke abi, who told you drinking is a sin?? This is the problem with pastors who teach religion instead of Christianity.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Since when did drinking beer become a sin? Maybe you should point to the Bible verse that forbids drinking beer. undecided
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Isaiah 5:11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning in pursuit of beer, who linger into the evening, inflamed by wine.
Instead of taking alcohol why not be filled with the holy ghost.Ephesians 5:18 And don’t get drunk with wine, which leads to reckless actions, but be filled by the Spirit. Why wouldn't a Christian get drunk in the holy ghost instead of taking wine that might lead to drunkenness

Do you even understand the passages you've quoted?

From the picture, are the people drunk?

#smh
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by dokiOloye(m): 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tamass:
Even if its true,alcohol is not forbidden in catholicism.
The rule is,don't drink in excess.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Alezy(m): 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Isaiah 5:11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning in pursuit of beer, who linger into the evening, inflamed by wine
read what u quoted again and tell me where it said drinking is a sin.

Waking up in the morning in pursuit of beer can only be done by drunkards who already are addicted to it, hence it leads dem to commit sin.

Don't decieve urself my friend, when u get addicted to anything other than serving God, that thing becomes your idol, in other words u are committing sin.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by lumeneng22: 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nothing wrong here now, why do you call it unusual? Or are you people without understanding that "whatever go into the mouth goes into the belly and passes out as draughts (shit & pis) and therefore does not defiles a man? matthew 15 vs 10.....down.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Do you even understand the passages you've quoted?

From the picture, are the people drunk?

#smh
Proverbs 23:29-35 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has conflicts? Who has complaints? Who has wounds for no reason? Who has red eyes? Those who linger over wine, those who go looking for mixed wine. Don’t gaze at wine because it is red, when it gleams in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a snake and stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, and you will say absurd things. You’ll be like someone sleeping out at sea or lying down on the top of a ship’s mast. “They struck me, but I feel no pain! They beat me, but I didn’t know it! When will I wake up? I’ll look for another drink.”
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by ekefre4(m): 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tamass:
Drinking Alcohol is not a sin in the bible oga
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Alezy:
read what u quoted again and tell me where it said drinking is a sin.

Waking up in the morning in pursuit of beer can only be done by drunkards who already are addicted to it, hence it leads dem to commit sin.

Don't decieve urself my friend, when u get addicted to anything other than serving God, that thing becomes your idol, in other words u are committing sin.
If formication is a sin hence we advocate staying away, and drinking wine might lead to drunkenness, don't you think it's advisable you say away?.
Proverbs 23:29-35 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has conflicts? Who has complaints? Who has wounds for no reason? Who has red eyes? Those who linger over wine, those who go looking for mixed wine. Don’t gaze at wine because it is red, when it gleams in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a snake and stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, and you will say absurd things. You’ll be like someone sleeping out at sea or lying down on the top of a ship’s mast. “They struck me, but I feel no pain! They beat me, but I didn’t know it! When will I wake up? I’ll look for another drink.”
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by olamefun1990(m): 12:02am On Oct 04, 2017
this can only happen in the east.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Alezy(m): 12:03am On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If formication is a sin hence we advocate staying away, and drinking wine might lead to drunkenness, don't you think it's advisable you say away?.
I understand ur first sentence, yes its far better to abstain from it so as not to be led into sin but what if the people involved do and don't get drunk?? Probably occasionally?? And know their limit??

The verse u quoted up there clearly talks about people that are drunk already or addicted to drinking and getting drunk and also people who mix drinks and thats an easy way to getting drunk. Read this verse from NLT pls
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by alfanio(m): 12:03am On Oct 04, 2017
Yeligray:
forget it bro even if i wasn't a christian i need not be told that islam is not a religion of peace as it entails... Fake people.
like it were Muslims that killed 6 million jews during the world war or it were Muslims who attacked Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Turning once properous cities into death dens
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Alezy(m): 12:06am On Oct 04, 2017
asuustrike2009:

bros I have forgotten the exact book of the Bible where is says wine is good for ur health.....I think for stomach or liver.

Its just the abuse of it, and wen u mix or probably get addicted, then it surly is a sin cos it will push u to sin.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Alezy(m): 12:08am On Oct 04, 2017
alfanio:

like it were Muslims that killed 6 million jews during the world war or it were Muslims who attacked Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Turning once properous cities into death dens
I know u referring to isreal, but trust me, isreal is 95% Jews or so. Very little Christians over there
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 04, 2017
Alezy:
I understand ur first sentence, yes its far better to abstain from it so as not to be led into sin but what if the people involved do and don't get drunk?? Probably occasionally?? And know their limit??

The verse u quoted up there clearly talks about people that are drunk already or addicted to drinking and getting drunk and also people who mix drinks and thats an easy way to getting drunk. Read this verse from NLT pls
Isn't better they don't take it at all?Some persons claim they can control themselves yet they easily fall for drunkenness. Drunkenness doesn't start immediately, it builds up with time. From taking just one bottle of alcoholic drink to 2,3,4,5, till intoxicate. An habit is build up becomes something that can't be controlled.
There is another reason for not drinking. The believer's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. It is hard to think that we could pour liquor into the temple of God without defiling it. That's why the scripture advocate in Ephesians 5:18 And don’t get drunk with wine, which leads to reckless actions, but be filled by the Spirit.
Re: Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) by Okeydioha(m): 12:26am On Oct 04, 2017
dainformant:
A Reverend father and some reverend sisters were pictured chilling with bottles of beer after the day's work. The unusual pictures have gone viral since they were shared on social media platforms.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/reverend-father-reverend-sisters-chilling-bottles-beer-photos.html

Then the Pope must hear this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Ministries Confirms His Death / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.