Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities (1724 Views)

Samano SA DE CV Accuses NNPC Officials, Others Of Oil Theft / Remove Magu - Malami Writes Buhari. Accuses EFCC Boss Of Money Diversion / Buhari Accuses Kwankwaso Of Diverting Kano Funds For His Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, has reported the Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Maikanti Baru, to President Muhammadu Buhari, urging him to take urgent actions on matters ranging from alleged illegal practices to insubordination.

Mr. Kachikwu said he found it pertinent to call the attention of the president to his misgivings because they’re capable of hindering progress in the country’s petroleum sector or even reverse recorded strides.

“Parastatals in the ministry and all CEOs of these parastatals must be aligned with the policy drive of the ministry to allow the sector register the growth that has eluded it for many years” Mr. Kachikwu said. “To do otherwise or to exempt any of the parastatals would be to emplace a stunted growth for the industry.”

Mr. Kachikwu said he wrote the August 30 letter to Mr. Buhari after concerted efforts to have a one-on-one appointment with the president at the State House fell through.

The letter, which emerged on the Internet Tuesday, was widely circulated on Twitter. It is not immediately clear how it made it to the public domain.

The minister said he suffered “disrespectful and humiliating conducts” from Mr. Baru.

A spokesperson for the NNPC did not immediately have reactions about the specific elements of the letter, telling PREMIUM TIMES it was not meant for public consumption.

“It was a private communication between party A and party B,” Udu Ughamadu, NNPC’s head of media, told PREMIUM TIMES Tuesday afternoon. “I don’t think it’s proper for us to comment on that.”

A spokesperson for Mr. Kachikwu, Uche Ozurumba, did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES requests for comments.

The conflict between the duo had been well concealed from the media for the most part, although it was first hinted more than a year ago.

In September 2016, the Daily Independent in Lagos reported friction between Mr. Kachikwu and Mr. Baru, which centred around the administration’s Niger-Delta policy.

While Mr. Kachikwu, a native of Delta State, urged peaceful resolution and increased economic development for the restive region; Mr. Baru was in favour of a military crackdown on criminal elements vandalising oil pipelines, Daily Independent reported.

The NNPC GMD said the economic sabotage by militants had cut deeply into the country’s revenues, a situation he said was unsustainable.

Mr. Kachikwu did not play up the Niger-Delta crisis in his latest letter to Mr. Buhari, focusing instead on the consequences of reckless disregard for extant regulations in the wake of disruptive technological advancements which could see fossil fuel become redundant in the years ahead.

Consequently, the minister urged the president to order the NNPC GMD to make adjustments on five issues that range from strict deference to the NNPC Board of Directors, which Mr. Kachikwu chairs, to unfettered collaboration among all agencies in the petroleum sector.

Presidential spokespersons, Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu, did not respond to requests for comments.

The letter is reproduced below:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/244890-petroleum-minister-kachikwu-writes-buhari-accuses-nnpc-gmd-baru-illegalities-insubordination.html

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Leaked letter

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by greatiyk4u(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
Odi egwu
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
I had given up on spreading the truth because so many are too cowardly to face it.
Let them come now and defend what they swear was the corruption-fighting administration.
When the wind blows the chickens or better yet the cows a**holes are exposed!

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kachikwu protect your job ooo

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by bedspread: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING FISHY AT ASO ROCK AND ITS AFFAIRS....
AND I SEE IT BEING EXPOSED SOONEST....

NIGERIA IS A GODLY NATION AND GOD WILL SET THIS COUNTRY TO GLORY AND GREATNESS.

ITS NOT ABOUT WHO IS IN POWER OR NOT....
NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT AGAIN AND ANY ALTAR NOT SET UP BY GOD IS ON THE CRUMBLE....ITS SET ABLAZE....

NIGERIA MUST BE GREAT

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by serverconnect(m): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
NNPC is now Northern properties. Buhari must go.He has caused a lot of damages.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
I lost faith in PMB fight against corruption when he refused to take decisive actions on the NIA Ikeja cash haul and the former grasd cutter SSG . Not all Nigerians are fools. Only a foolish person will fail to see the gross insincerity of this present government.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by cyberguy72(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
some zombies would sti defend him
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Chaii, Nigeria why, am fed up.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Ojiofor: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mr Jubril doesn't meet one on one with his ministers unless they are from Northern Sudan,sorry, Northern Nigeria.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Raziii(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hmmm. Naija don tire me
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by MasterofNL: 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kachikwu seems to have forgotten that he is not hausa/Fulani.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by MasterofNL: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by wickyyolo: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
An Hausa man is a typical yam eater. grin

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 5:27am On Oct 04, 2017
emmie14:
Ikachukwu protect your job ooo
He should be a real man and resign.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 5:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
He should be a real man and resign.

Why must he resign for being a real man to point evil and corrupt practices at face? Zahra Buhari lamented on the condition of the Aso rock clinic which has #3billion budget yet without strings; did that stop her from being Buhari's daughter. Kachikwu should resign because of his ethnicity?

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 5:44am On Oct 04, 2017
emmie14:

Why must he resign for being a real man to point evil and corrupt practices at face? Zahra Buhari lamented on the condition of the Aso rock clinic which has #3billion budget yet without strings; did that stop her from being Buhari's daughter. Kachikwu should resign because of his ethnicity?
He has been ignored and soon will be set up to take the fall. So you still don't get how these Northern oligarchy gangsters work. Do you know the job he left? He should resign because he knows he is working in a corrupt administration. He still has time to save his reputation, which in his field must be guarded with his life.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
He has been ignored and soon will be set up to take the fall. So you still don't get how these Northern oligarchy gangsters work. Do you know the job he left? He should resign because he knows he is working in a corrupt administration. He still has time to save his reputation, which in his field must be guarded with his life.
Sorry dear. I get your points now. Good morning sir.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Deeldorado: 6:15am On Oct 04, 2017
The best option is for him to resign and leave the clueless administration. Imagine the NNPC GMD sidelining the Minister. Northern hegemony at work. Buhari's nepotism cannot allow for the best hands in any parastatal. It is only in government that Northerners excel more than everyone but can't compete in anything else. This administration failed before it started. To think I supported Buhari's election, refused to compromise my integrity as a corps member acting as presiding officer, declared free zobo for all corpers in my lodge when he won hoping for better governance, only for Buhari to show his true colours and fall my hand. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 6:37am On Oct 04, 2017
emmie14:

Sorry dear. I get your points now. Good morning sir.
GM Dear, we are on the same page. This is just the start, nothing stays hidden forever so many truths will ve exposed before the year runs out.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 6:47am On Oct 04, 2017
Deeldorado:
The best option is for him to resign and leave the clueless administration. Imagine the NNPC GMD sidelining the Minister. Northern hegemony at work. Buhari's nepotism cannot allow for the best hands in any parastatal. It is only in government that Northerners excel more than everyone but can't compete in anything else. This administration failed before it started. To think I supported Buhari's election, refused to compromise my integrity as a corps member acting as presiding officer, declared free zobo for all corpers in my lodge when he won hoping for better governance, only for Buhari to show his true colours and fall my hand. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
My Dear, you are brave to admit it and very hopeful, only wishing the best for our country. The Western elites already put him in, dashing us those fake voting machines. No way could they allow GEJ to take full control out of the oil blocks owned by Western World corporations for another 50 years. I posted a story 3 years ago from Veterans today, they were going to kill GEJ if he said a word and so many citizens would die with him. Luckily it was a great campaign plan put together by Obamas old team, mixed with rigged diebold machines. Buhari was going to be in regardless.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 6:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
GM Dear, we are on the same page. This is just the start, nothing stays hidden forever so many truths will ve exposed before the year runs out.
I have lost alot trying to penetrate NNPC for business. No transparency. Any news or update from NNPC is edited or expired

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 6:52am On Oct 04, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2095904/breaking-news-us-national-security
This article is long but very important.

The War College during the time Buhari went for his seminar was just a place to learn how to be an economic hitman. The guy was sent to destroy Nigeria.
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by omenka(m): 6:53am On Oct 04, 2017
This one weak me.

I suggest the president take this with all level of seriousness. Cases of insubordination such as this shouldn't be tolerated. There are bad eggs in this government and the sooner the president rid his cabinet of them, the better for him.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Bitterleafsoup: 6:54am On Oct 04, 2017
emmie14:

I have lost alot trying to penetrate NNPC for business. No transparency. Any news or update from NNPC is edited or expired
Just change your name to Hussain or Mohammad your in...
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by omenka(m): 6:56am On Oct 04, 2017
emmie14:

Dont give up. Your breakthrough just might be inches away.. I've been there before. wink

If these allegations are anything to go by, it would be totally disappointing if Baru is not shown the door.

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 6:56am On Oct 04, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
Just change your name to Hussain or Mohammad your in...
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by emmie14: 6:58am On Oct 04, 2017
omenka:
Dont give up. Your breakthrough just might be inches away.. I've been there before. wink

If these allegations are anything to go by, it would be totally disappointing if Baru is not shown the door.
Yes
Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2017
MINISTER OF PETROLEUM COMPLAINS OF BEING SIDELINED!

You never even start....Your colleague Kemi, shout tire. Even with all your Harvard, you are begging to get an appointment with the President. O ti mo meme! Read my lips.... You are a second class citizen!

The same mentality that allow a Yobe pupil have an edge over other pupils from other nationalities, including your son when it comes to getting admission in any federal institution is the same mentality that is at work!

The same mentality that forbids any southerner from vying for the first two positions in NSCIA, even though your tax funds the organization is the same mentality at work!

The same mentality that zones the Presidency to the North often times is the same mentality at work!

The same mentality that made a mess of the former secretary of the government (Olu Falae) in his hometown is the same mentality at work!

The same mentality that is yet to prosecute Dasuki, put El Zaky Zaky in a refurbished house is the same mentality at work!

The same mentality that put southern Governors in prison leading to their death while putting Shagari under house arrest is the same mentality at work!

The same mentality that canceled metro line project in Lagos while ensuring a rail line pass through the village of Daura is the same mentality at work!

You know what that mentality is called? It's called the herdsman mentality! Listen, I had a dream... very vivid.... It's going to get worse!

Even with all your Harvard.... you are reduced to nothing by a slowpoke! Your mates overseas are kings.... with serious responsibility assigned to them!

O fe fi werepe kun powder! How is that possible? O ma se o! Pele! Harvard!!! Aiye mi o! E ma worry, sebi ori wa o pe ni! Una never start!

#Copied

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2017
mumu Southerners, keep on fighting Ipob ooo..They're your problem. Fools

Re: Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 04, 2017
Deeldorado:

You're not alone. You declared zobo, I donated a fraction of my salary to their campaign.

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ikoyigate $44m, Whistle Blower Gets Millions / Kano Government Empower 5200 Tea Vendors With Eggs, Milk And Other Beverages / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Adamawa Communities