Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode (10188 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Visits Agatu Victims In Benue - Photos / Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by adelegan1: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
masido:

did you see the bus?if you can bear to look at the picture again, you will see that the passengers were not in the middle of the road(so the truck driver is not saying what really happened)and you can also see the remains of some passengers under the bus.
something is wrong with the truck driver's story.

You  are  very right Masido, I  dont  believe  the  story  by  the driver
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by GM008: 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
The man is a stooge trying to cover up the Incompetence of the Police. Why has it taken so long for this side of the story to come out;

Think guys!!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by nomanicole(f): 2:39am On Mar 09, 2010
no pics?
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by bibiking1(m): 3:37am On Mar 09, 2010
The Nigerian Police Force must certainly think us dumb. Some convicted guy has been given a bargain to talk thrash and go scot-free right? bleeping morons!!!
I feel so so angry right now!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by SwtzMinx(f): 4:36am On Mar 09, 2010
.hmmm.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by gbolo2001: 8:06am On Mar 09, 2010
You guy's need to relax and stop assuming some sort of government coverup or police cover up, this incident happened last year, the pics are just recently circulating. The blame goes to no one but the evil thieves and the government who refused to fix the road and put up roadlights i have been travelling on that road for a while now and know how bad it is during the day talk less of at night, but to compound it all robbers, ahh. people if armed robbers meet you on that road you can perform any dastardly act especially when shooting in your direction. dont be too quick to judge.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by tytylayor: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2010
ElRazur (m)

Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode
« #4 on: Yesterday at 07:59:46 AM »

How a driver thinks humans are barricades on the road is beyond me? At what speed was he travelling in a TRUCK? If he clearly do not see that things he crushed over are humans, his eye sight should be tested and at best, he should not be driving at all.

i bet u r not in nigeria, and if u r, probably u drive only in d afternoon or only in ikeja or V/I where there r street lights. if u r in nig. try driving on apapa/oshodi expressway or anywhere dat has no street light @ night and see wat d driver meant is for real.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by desiji: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2010
Baiscally the facts don't add up if we look at the pic, one could see that there are no skids tmarks on the victims and he said he crashed into the bush you have seen the signs if he did.The long and short of all this to me is the fact our roads are nothing to right home about and live in Nigeria is worth nothing and the NPF is a club of buffons and fools may God grant them eternal rest
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by splashbaby(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2010
GM008:

The man is a stooge trying to cover up the Incompetence of the Police. Why has it taken so long for this side of the story to come out;

Think guys!!
But someone has already claimed responsibility so what the fuss about police. I agree that police are never good people but We must realise that police are more helpless than ordinary Nigerians who can at least talk about their problems in public domain, But not the police. Recently I was at the Nnamdi Azikwe internetional Airport police post Abuja to get a police report on my lost passport, My God it was a total bullshit. No computer no nothing. And the president and those people in police affair commission will pass through this post on their way abroad, it is a total shame.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by kosovo(m): 11:35am On Mar 09, 2010
So can we tag this case as a Murder case?
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by splashbaby(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2010
GM008:

Think guys!!
The police have alwasy been incompetent, no be today. Infact they are magicians working under condition they find themselves
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by kaydee(m): 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
kosovo:

So can we tag this case as a Murder case?

Nah!!! It's manslaughter and with any lawyer,this is no case at all

@ ElRazur and Bluetooth

It's obvious you guys drive in your compound alone.It's obvious U've never witnessed a robbery scene before or U've never been in a crossfire scene.Once the shot is heard,everybody goes blind.That's why multiple accidents is always the aftermath of a robbery scene.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Abimbola29(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nigeria is blessed.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Reptyle(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
This story was published in newspapers since last year circa August. There was no accompanying photograph to the story then for obvious reasons. (too gory for public viewing) About 6 months down the line, an obscure blogger gets hold of the picture by whatever means and publishes them with a new twist to the tale.

Since we are nation besotted with the bizarre, the story spread like wildfire and has continued to spread due to poor information management by the police and our natural inclination for weird conspiracy theories. A routine search on the internet will give you several sources of this story as reported last year. For example, click on the link below:

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/12546/1/22-crushed-to-death-on-Sagamu-Benin-Road/Page1.html

I don't know about anybody else o! But if I was a bus driver and I was asked to drive over people by robbers, I would rather have them shoot me dead and do their dirty job themselves. I would not drive over 22 people just to secure my own life, especially when there is no guarantee that they wont end up putting a bullet in my head or worse still, tying both my hands behind me and setting me ablaze while they pop champagne and cheer loudly. Afterall they were sadistic enough to watch a bus drive over people now weren't they? Puhleeeeze!!!! Let us not allow our emotions overtake our sense of reasoning.

@ El-Razur

I don't know about you but if I was driving along Benin - Ore or any other Nigerian highway for that matter at night, I would not be driving slowly even if I was driving an armoured tank. I also do not know what effect the sound of an AK47 or any other automatic or semi-automatic firearm shots would have on you. But for me, I think it would jar my nerves badly, cause me to panic, affect my sight and cause me to want to get out of there as fast as possible.

My brake would be the last thing on my mind at that particular time. Matter of fact, if my car or truck has turbo boosters, be sure I'll be thumbing the switch without a second thought. So don't blame the truck driver. He only naturally switched to survival mode as I am sure you would too if you were suddenly thrown into a similar situation. Abeg cut the guy some slack.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by sashbaby(f): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
the truck driver's story is incoherent. his he saying that the truck head lamps was not in use or he had none at all. how come the police covered up the story only for them to issue statement almost a year.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by behonest(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
I'm from Australia and from what I have read and searched on the internet the Story was published in the paper on August 8 2009 the driver was interviewed at the time. I think if he was traveling towards the bus and the bus had its headlights on the truck driver would not have seen the body's laying on the road untill the last min and if he was traveling at 100 kilometers an hour and his truck was carry 20 tonne or more he would not have been able to pull up and if he heard Gun shots he probably tried to drive past it and then drive into the bush to escape. The Problem with most people they always believe everything they read instead of asking questions and do some research using Google.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by DoubleN(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Utterly Babaric!! cry cry The hairs on the back of my neck actually stood up when i saw this. So so sad!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by SeXyBoNE: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Please, God Hav mercy on NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by astar2008(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
I have seen all kinds of comments blaming all other people than the Driver, this is a very Sad incident however what the driver did is inexcusable and in my opinion he should go to Jail. how could he run over 19 people all in the hope of escaping armed robbers !!!!!. even if he thought they were barriers why did he not stop and abandon his Vehicle.

Yes the Government and poilice are at fault for all the obvious reasons however this incident could have been avoided if the driver showed more Care, The driver's owe a duty of care to members of the public he completely failed in this duty.

He should be put before the courts over this incident, failure to do this sends out the message that it is OK to kill as many people as you like in order to preserve your own, i think this is a bad precedent to set as it will only lead to more deaths under similar circumstances.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by kaydee(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2010
astar2008:

I have seen all kinds of comments blaming all other people than the Driver, this is a very Sad incident however what the driver did is inexcusable and in my opinion he should go to Jail. how could he run over 19 people all in the hope of escaping armed robbers !!!!!. even if he thought they were barriers why did he not stop and abandon his Vehicle.

Yes the Government and poilice are at fault for all the obvious reasons however this incident could have been avoided if the driver showed more Care, The driver's owe a duty of care to members of the public he completely failed in this duty.

He should be put before the courts over this incident, failure to do this sends out the message that it is OK to kill as many people as you like in order to preserve your own, i think this is a bad precedent to set as it will only lead to more deaths under similar circumstances.

It's obvious you've never been shot at because you woulda done worse.Even if those human barricades were members of ur nuclear family,U woulda done worse still.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by MrCrackles(m): 12:44am On Mar 10, 2010
Kosovo:

This is[b] utter purgamentum[/b], i am indeed very sadden by this act of incuriosus by the Government.
Yes! an act of Government delinquency towards the provision of Basic infrastructure for the Nigeria people.
The Presence of street lights in our highways would have averted and debared the allopatry of this lamentable event, This ploratus event, an event that has put the Nigeria people in a state of discombobulation.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
WTF Obahiagbon shocked shocked shocked
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by mamagee3(f): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2010
MrCrackles:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
WTF Obahiagbon shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by mbulela: 2:39am On Mar 10, 2010
^^^^^^^^
i guess we should stop paying this guy any attention and just ignore his antics that are designed to attract attention.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by MrCrackles(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2010
mbulela:

^^^^^^^^
i guess we should stop paying this guy any attention and just ignore his antics that are designed to attract attention.
True. . .
I am beginning to agree that Kosovo is looking for attention. . .
Sleeping with a dictionary is a pathetic way to garner one though!!SMH
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 10, 2010
speechless, but may the souls of the departed rip.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by ElRazur: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2010
MrCrackles:

True. . .

One of the people who drives the ship of Nigeria already gave an interview of how he purposely read the dictionary everyday for an hours [for the past 25years or so] I suppose Kosovo have found an inspiration and nothing you say will stop him to be honest. cheesy
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by honsule(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2010
MrCrackles:

True. . .

lol cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by sammytb(m): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
HHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by CGKing(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
This is utter purgamentum, i am indeed very sadden by this act of incuriosus by the Government.
Yes! an act of Government delinquency towards the provision of Basic infrastructure for the Nigeria people.
The Presence of street lights in our highways would have averted and debared the allopatry of this lamentable event, This ploratus event, an event that has put the Nigeria people in a state of discombobulation.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Make una leave br. kosovo jo. Una no frustrate reach am concerning the Nigerian Govt. Na only serious frustrate go fit trigger this kain nonsense. Abeg free my guy.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by kosovo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
it is malus peior pessimus to say that i seek attention. angry
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by raphy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
o my GOD. my neigbour was among the ppl who were killed i had d story
it was hard to blive cry cry cry cry
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by CGKing(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
raphy:

o my GOD. my neigbour was among the ppl who were killed i had d story
it was hard to blive cry cry cry cry

eya, so touching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[video and PICTURES] Giant Snake Found In Lagos Nigeria Flood / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World. / Wike Decries The Role Of The Military In The 2019 Rivers Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.