Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode (10187 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Visits Agatu Victims In Benue - Photos / Buhari Visits Abuja Blast Victims In Hospital (photos) / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by bawomolo(m): 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
kosovo has been acting funny lately.

i hope he wasn't exposed to excessive radiation or something. grin
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
bawomolo:

kosovo has been acting funny lately.

i hope he wasn't exposed to excessive radiation or something. grin

Lol
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by ayettymama(f): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
its tru sha

maybe the truck had no headlights!!

or the driver intentionally drove over them

in the hysteria of the moment

he prob drove over one or 2 of the robbers as well

hence why they were chasin him
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by host0: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
this one lipsrsealed undecided sad angry

Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by victor2008(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2010
plz can anobody in the house give me the link on facebook of the picture
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by texazzpete(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Kosovo
This is a public forum, and it is accessible to minors.
I strongly object to the posting of such gruesome photos in the open where anyone can see,
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by MsTom(f): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
I dont believe the contents of this article. Something else happened that nite because a lot of things are not adding up. I thot the govt said they never knew what happened and that it should be investigated? I thot the police were not aware of the crime. why would armed men tell people to lie on an express road if they didnt have any cynical reason to do that? How fast can a truck go despite the claims of the bad road for the driver not to be able to stop until after killing 19 people? Where is the driver of the bus that carried this victims? where are the surviours? What is the aim of this article anyway? Are the police not supposed to be looking for these armed men so as to avoid a repeat of this? Are they trying to blame this driver( whether he ran over them as a result of fear or was forced by the armed men to run over them). This is not the kind of investigation needed.  angry

May the souls of those who died that nite rest in peace.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
He mistook humans for road blocks? is he blind or what? Was he sleeping or was he drivng without his headlamp? I find that story really difficult to believe. This is the NPF trying to cover their tracks  . . .  again!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Jarus(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ topic,
The incident is not fresh. It actually happened alst year and it was extensively discussed on NL at the time, but it appeared the picture had not been made public then.
When the picture was made public a couple of weeks ago, a 'fresh' story, other than the initial, true one, was cooked to back up the gory picture.
Immediately the picture and the new story was brought here a couple of weeks ago, some of us that discussed it last year called our attention to the fact that the new story appeared 'fishy'.

I think now that the driver has clarified, it is clear to all that the robber did not order any driver to 'drive over passengers with no money'.

The true story is what the man narrated here. It happened last year, and it was discussed here then, but the picture was not public now.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by vanitty: 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
You just don't go around posting gruesome pictures on a public forum, some get terribly upset with this kind of pictures.
Absolutely no need for the pictures posted
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2010
wow on SO many levels.

UJUJOAN i agree. I dont believe that "mistaking ppl for logs" bulljive either. And to the person who posted those pictures of ppls deceased loved ones on here. . .Karma is not called a b.tch for no reason.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by dplordx(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
@vanitty

get a cue. nairaland is a den of the sad. what the Bleep are you doing here if not to get depressed and confounded angry
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Chikendo(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
May their gentle soul rest in perfect peace. AMEN!

government should beef up security and get the roads to standard.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by marvix(m): 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2010
No comments just a very sad incident can't blame d driva though he has his conscience to contend with, also dis shows d power of d internet events can be manipulated.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by modupsie(f): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
Ujujoan:

He mistook humans for road blocks? is he blind or what? Was he sleeping or was he drivng without his headlamp? I find that story really difficult to believe. This is the NPF trying to cover their tracks . . . again!
MsTom:

I dont believe the contents of this article. Something else happened that nite because a lot of things are not adding up. I thot the govt said they never knew what happened and that it should be investigated? I thot the police were not aware of the crime. why would armed men tell people to lie on an express road if they didnt have any cynical reason to do that? How fast can a truck go despite the claims of the bad road for the driver not to be able to stop until after killing 19 people? Where is the driver of the bus that carried this victims? where are the surviours? What is the aim of this article anyway? Are the police not supposed to be looking for these armed men so as to avoid a repeat of this? Are they trying to blame this driver( whether he ran over them as a result of fear or was forced by the armed men to run over them). This is not the kind of investigation needed. angry

May the souls of those who died that nite rest in peace.
SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT TRUST THESE PEOPLE ONE BIT!
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by slap1(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
Fishy story. Doubt if dude was ever a truck driver. His grammatical structure and composition is a lot better than Kosovo's.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by bykes(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
i bet you that the driver's headlight wasn't good enough.i am a driver u cant tell me u cant differentiate real barricades from human beings even when they are lying down.may their soul rest in peace
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by oderemo(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
bet
you that the driver's headlight wasn't good enough.i am a driver u cant tell me u cant differentiate real barricades from human beings even when they are lying down.may their soul rest in peace
lets be factual here , driving a Camry is quite diff frm driving an hgv vehicle.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by 190: 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
na wa ooh~
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by ElRazur: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
texazzpete:

@Kosovo
This is a public forum, and it is accessible to minors.
I strongly object to the posting of such gruesome photos in the open where anyone can see,

When I have a go at him, this is one of the many reasons.

This kind of things should not be posted in a forum readily visible by almost everyone. I agree with you.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by earthrealm(m): 7:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
4rm most of de comments here.i can easily deduce dat most peeps dat commented dont drive/@ Nite/hvnt run into robbers on de rd in naija, 1st tin u do is turn off ur headlamps n increase ur speed!, most of de highway robbers r high on hemp/marijuana.u wudnt want 2 fall into thier hands
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by nigerhead(m): 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ all the guys talking about not blaming the govt, please have you travelled on that road at night? the visibility is really poor, and the roads are not that wide , I was in an ABC bus on that road like two years back and that road gave me the creeps , the guy was driving a truck, add the fear of armed robbers who were shooting and you cant totally blame the driver , granted its possible even his headlamps were not working properly, but this is not the first time we are hearing such stories about highways in Nigeria as a whole , the driver also noticed that wat he was climbing over was too soft to be logs, but it was to late.

But I also side with the conspiracy theorists, how come this story is just coming out now, even in the pictures, we can see people using their mobiles to take pictures, so why would it take from July last year till now for such a horrible thing to come to light. I do not trust Nigerian police.

There are some things that we have to stand up as people and take the blame for, e.g allowing foolish leaders and their sycophants rule over us, but please for this accident I place it with our government. Do you all remember how long they have being talking about repairing that road?

God has helped us and given us sense, na we de do over sabi with our lives and our future as a nation.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by platinumnk(f): 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
I dont think this was covered up, I think the government just didnt care.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by lordbayor(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
I hate when the govt say things like this what happen to the Robbers that were robbing on that night not even a single suspect, To me this is just cover up , to the extent the police have the gut to come out and say this incident happened last year "God punish there papa", Last year and this year what makes the difference , Ok this happned last year and they didnt do anything about it , are they crazy , Now let imagine this , the truck driver said he had loads of Garri in his truck , Shout up, if that is truth then as u crush the first 3 people the truck ought to stumble, am sure this driver or what so ever was been arrainged to come say this stuff, imagine the kind of country that we are living in where no one want to be a witness of any murderer case how much more u testifying to the police that u did it unknowing, if that what he was saying was truth then the police would have said that all through last year, but it cos they dont have anything to do and i know that the arm robbing case at the road had Political influence that why no one is been called to justice.
What annoys me now is that not a single suspect, well until we forget about all these so called constitutional stuff or abiding be the law before Nigeria will be better, to be an HERO u have to disobey the LAW, look at what is happening in Jos no suspect and no body is been brought to book all they do is to quote some stupid law.
¨To be sincere with u guys every bad things that is happening in Nigeria always have a political influence if no suspect is been brought out , i

I think it time we disobey this stupid constitution of ours and do what is right infact those saying we should obey the law and constitution are they obeying it?
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2010
bykes:

i bet you that the driver's headlight wasn't good enough.i am a driver u cant tell me u cant differentiate real barricades from human beings even when they are lying down.may their soul rest in peace
and did you bother to consider the speed at which the driver is moving,the functionality of his brake,brightness of his headlamp and the nature of the road cuz he's most llikely to lose control when descending a hill.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by ElRazur: 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

and did you bother to consider the speed at which the driver is moving,the functionality of his brake,brightness of his headlamp and the nature of the road cuz he's most llikely to lose control when descending a hill.

I mentioned that already, but no one is listening.

My opinion is that he was speeding excessively hence why the reaction times is almost non-existent and he ran over them.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Kosovo, do you sell dictionaries for a living? grin
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by Rastamann: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
What has happened, has happended. We should all pray that God should give Nigeria in particular and Africa in general good leaders that will provide the basic infrastructues and make life more meaningfulto the people. To the dead, may God grant them eternal rest, Amen
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by masido(f): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2010
i think there is a cover up somewhere.this story should be investigated.what happened to the conductor and the owner of the garri?if the story is old how come nobody heard of it before now?
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by 1luvkipsus: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
Now that the truth is out,d pple who started this misguided story,especially d publisher of The Leadership Newspaper,should be sanctioned.This journalistic unproffesionalim shud be stopped.It pains my hrt dat d senate had 2spend hours discusing fallacy.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by masido(f): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2010
did you see the bus?if you can bear to look at the picture again, you will see that the passengers were not in the middle of the road(so the truck driver is not saying what really happened)and you can also see the remains of some passengers under the bus.
something is wrong with the truck driver's story.
Re: Truck Driver Confesses Lling The 19 Robbery Victims In Ijebu Ode by jaguar09(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cryn

May their souls rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers / Court Rules On Suit Challenging Akpabio’s Eligibility Today / I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.