Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Des Pensees - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Des Pensees (15905 Views)

September 17 In The Life Of A Pastor And A Bishop: David Oyedepo’s Date With Des (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
PastorAIO:
I’d like to start with what we can say we know incontrovertibly. We find ourselves experiencing this world both as an external phenomenon and internally.

What we can say for sure is that there is Experience.

What is it that we experience? I would say that our topmost and most relevant experiences are of our Urges. We all experience different Urges. The Urge to have Sex. The Urge for Shelter. The Urge to be recognized as a ‘somebody’ in Society.

We are beset on all sides by Urges and they toss us to and fro like winds of a storm at sea.

Part of our experience is the sense that our awareness is only partial and there are vast swathes of the universe of possibilities that we are not fully aware of. Further more these unknown possibilities can suddenly emerge into our awareness and we may or may not like it when it does.

These urges form the basis of our emotional lives. If any of our Urges are gratified then we can feel happiness, joy, relief etc.
If any of our Urges are not gratified we can feel frustration, angst, anger, sadness etc..

It would seem that the key to happiness is the gratification of our basic Urges.

However things are not so simple cos a lot of the time these Urges are contradictory. The boy that wants to go out and play football also at the same time might really yearn to pass his exam to get into university. These two Urges are at odds. Which one should he seek to gratify?

So these Urges toss us back and forth as in a storm and we are confused. We think we want something but once we get it we realize that we didn’t really want it that much anyway. Etc etc etc..

Is there a course that we can pursue that can put all these raging Urges to rest? Something that can say to the Storm, ‘Peace, Be Still’, and all the turmoil will come to rest. Is there something within us that is lying dormant, that we can awaken. ‘Wake up na, Can you not see that we are perishing?’, and when it awakens it puts an harness on all the turbulent Urges that batter us from all sides?

PastorAIO:
There is a most exquisite bliss in Urgency before the experience of gratification. This bliss exceeds the gratification.

Feeling these Urges can be so blissful one minute, giving you the feeling that you're really ALIVE, and then they can become so uncomfortably, unbearable intense another time.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
EDUCATION

The etymology of Education is from the latin word E-ducere, or E-ducare. E-ducare means to bring out, or to bring forth.

There are an interesting number of related words in English that are derived from the Latin -Ducare.

Ducare is to lead, to drive, or to direct along a path.

Con-Duct. (con means together, Duct means to lead). Hence the Conductor leads different people to move together.

Duct can also mean way, or path. So Aqueduct is a passage for water. Aqua =water. Duct = path.

Seduce/Seduction. Se- Away, or divert. Duce= path, So to Seduce is to lead something away from the path it was previously following.

Educe. E- out in latin, Educe is to bring something out.

Re-duce. Re - to take back, to return. Hence Reduce is to direct something back to it's previous place. Today it means to make less, obviously something that was growing.

Ad-duce. To lead something towards....

Pro-duce. Pro is forward. Production to bring something Forward.

The reason I'm looking at the etymology of all these words is because of Education. To bring out. E- is out in latin.

What is being brought out? I want to suggest that true education is the bringing out of one's innate nature into full expression.

Education has to start from the subject him- or herself. The True being that is within that is innate but still only in seed form. Discover it and nurture it and bring it forth. The nurturing of the Logon in a child is the True Education.

What happens in schools today is not an educare, but rather information is put into the Childs head. knowledge and behavioural characteristics are imposed on the child. Whatever true tendencies the student has are suppressed. The inner Fitra, the Logon is snuffed out. Like the seeds that were eaten up by birds in Jesus' parable of the sower.

Today, few people are actually Educated. A foreign nature has being Inducted into them.

Can I invent a new word and say that what schools do is Inducation, not Education.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2020
NPD. Narcissistic Personality Disorder
In clinical Psychology there is a type of pathology called Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  There are a number of pathologies that are considered Personality Disorders and NPD is one of them.  Others include Psychopathy also known as Anti-Social Personality Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder.
So what is NPD?  Well it gets it’s name from Narcissus who is a figure in ancient Greek mythology.  Narcissus was so beautiful and all the women fell in love with him including one Nymph called Echo.  But Narcissus was determined that he would only married the most beautiful creature and he hadn’t met her yet.  Echo tried and tried but kept getting rejected and soon she fell into despondency, she went up into the mountains and lonely spaces and there she withered away.  Till today if you go up into lonely mountains and you shout ‘Hey’!  Echo will answer you back, ‘Hey!’.  But there will be no one tangible there.
The goddess Nemesis seeing how cruel Narcissus was to Echo was determined to punish him.  So one day while he was hunting she contrived that when he got thirsty he should come upon a brook.  When he stooped to drink what from the brook he noticed his own reflection in the water.  Wow, he had never seen a creature so fine as that!  He became so entranced by his own beauty that he couldn’t pull himself away.  He tried to reach out and touch the face but every time his hand touch the water the face would disappear, until the water settled again and then the face would reappear.  Time and again he tried to reach for this beautiful image but each time it disappeared till he too became so heartbroken and despondent that he died there.  

Today we use the word Narcissist to describe people who is so full of themselves almost as if they are in love with themselves.  To be frank, everybody has a bit of Narcissism in the sense that we have an aspect of ourselves that values ourselves and our own lives over the lives of others.  If we had to choose between our live or the life of our next door neighbour most of us would prefer our life most of the time.  However there are instances whereby we might make sacrifices for others.  For instance many of us would happily sacrifice our life for the lives of our children.  And in some other cases there are some great souls that could sacrifice their life for the life of their nation or for all of humanity.  I can think of great souls like Nelson Mandela, or perhaps Li Wenliang who blew the whistle on Covid-19 and subsequently died of the disease himself.  
So what does it mean when we take Narcissism to the level of a pathology and we can be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder?  In other words taking Narcissism to the level where it is a form of Craze.  There are 9 attributes that a clinical psychologist looks for in order to diagnose a patient as having NPD.  These are:

1-Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

2-Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others

3-Exploiting others to achieve personal gain

4-Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

5-Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

6-Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

7-Need for continual admiration from others

8-Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

9-Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 11:31am On Mar 27, 2020
PastorAIO:
There are 9 attributes that a clinical psychologist looks for in order to diagnose a patient as having NPD.  These are:

1-Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

2-Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others

3-Exploiting others to achieve personal gain

4-Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

5-Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

6-Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

7-Need for continual admiration from others

8-Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

9-Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them. 

I believe that in clinical psychology if a patient shows 5 out of these 9 traits strongly then he is diagnosed with NPD.

While I'm not a clinical psychologist myself I have some thoughts as to what forces are at work here. I believe chief amongst the factors is the Lack of Empathy trait. Empathy being the ability to feel what someone else is feeling as if it were happening to you yourself.

I believe that everyone has some narcissism, i.e care for oneself above others, however this aspect of our personality is counterbalanced by the Aspect of us that endows empathy.
If you get home and you're so hungry that you want to scoff all the food in the pot, that is understandable, but then in most people another part of their mind will tell them that there are still some other people coming and they might be hungry when they get home too. That way even if you finish the food in the pot before you leave you might put another pot on the fire with fresh food to await the new arrivals.

This is the type of thinking that a Narcissist is incapable of. That faculty of the mind that endows us with Empathy is non existent in them. It's like not having legs, or not having a penis. Such a person cannot walk or cannot have sex. Similarly someone lacking Empathy can never consider what another person is going through.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2020
PastorAIO:

For instance we know that we all have a strong urge for Social Recognition. We have developed a lorra lorra institutions to cater to this. For instance many countries have an honour system. In the UK you can be MBE or OBE or CBE and then everybody will call you Sir or Dame, or even higher you can get Lordship or Ladyship etc etc etc.

Or you can join a religious cult that has much paraphernalia and titles etc etc
Jesus has strong words for those who delight in such cults:
Matt 23

5“They do everything to be seen by people. They increase the size of their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6They love to have the places of honor at festivals, the best seats in the synagogues, 7to be greeted in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by people.

There are many human institutions that cater to our need for social recognition but what if that urge is a stumbling block to spiritual growth?

PastorAIO:

PR: We all have our pr (public relations). We invest so much of our energy and resources into maintaining it. By pr I mean the image that we present to the world. This is a fundamental aspect of our psychological make up, the need to be seen in a certain way by society. The awful truth is that no one is like their pr. There is so much more to the human being than the way he presents himself. In fact I can say with almost total certainty that the the truth about someone involves the diametric opposite of the manner in which they have presented themselves.

But what has all this got to do with Religion? Well I believe that the mask and all the investment and energy that we put into it is a major stumbling block to spiritual growth.

Social Status and Public Image is of Paramount Importance to the Person suffering the Pathology of NPD.

Oddly enough, deep down their self esteem is incredibly low yet they feel the need to cover this up by cultivating a Persona of greatness.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2020
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2020
There is something called Comorbidity in which one sickness does not come alone by itself but rather is accompanied by another sickness. It's kind of like when Jesus asked the demoniac of gerasene what the name of the demon was and the demon answered 'My name is Legion for we are many'. In other words it wasn't just one thing that has doing the guy but a multitude of different things.

Similarly with personality Disorders they tend not to afflict people singly but come in groups, this is called Co-morbidity.

NPD is commonly comorbid with Anti-Social Personality Disorder (with is associated with Psychopathy or Sociopathy).

So while it is not true of absolutely every case of a Narcissist, in many many cases a Narcissist will also be a Psychopath.

What are some of the traits of ASPD (anti social personality disorder):

Disregard for right and wrong

Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others

Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others

Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure

Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated

Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior

Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty

Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence

Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others

Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others

Poor or abusive relationships

Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them

Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N799xChKpGo
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2020
I am sure as many are reading my last few posts they may get a sense of where I am heading with all of this.

Yes, Narcissism and Psychopathy are traits that can commonly be found amongst many Church leaders as well as Imams and also Political leaders.

Many christians I know show all the signs of being victims of Narcissistic abuse. These are real effects of coming into contact with Narcissists but even deeper still, one of the effects of exposure to these people is that one actually starts to become Narcissistic oneself.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2020
The Word Salad

The ‘word salad’ is used intentionally by the pathological narcissist to manipulate you as a form of gaslighting so that you question yourself, rather than continue questioning them.

Recognise gorgeous one, that no amount of questioning or discussion with a narc will ever lead to positive outcomes.

From here: https://narcissistabusesupport.com/7-signs-the-narc-is-serving-you-a-word-salad/

The 'word salad' is the preferred mode of communication of a Narcissist when you are discussing with them and your probing is getting to close to exposing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LRoCmWWsG4
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
The word CULT.

There are some points of interest to be gleaned from studying the etymology of the word cult. The word entered the English language in the 17th century from 2 sources. French culte, and Latin cultus. The French is itself derived from the Latin.

The meaning of Cult in Latin encompasses To Inhabit, To Cultivate, To Protect, To Grow, To Worship, To Train or To Educate,.....

It is from the Latin Cultus that we get the English words Cultivation, and Culture.

Exploring the connection of these uses for the word Cultus we come to a deeper understanding of Religious activity.

A religious Cult should be a place where a certain spirit in a person can be nurtured and developed.

In studying African traditional religion, many concepts can be misconstrued. For instance in Yoruba religious thought (and other tribes too) practitioners talk of going to offer ẹ́bọ́ to a shrine. Too many scholars loosely translate ẹ́bọ́ to mean sacrifice, and go on to explain that something must be given in order to get something as if the offering of ẹ́bọ́ is a business transaction.

But actually the word ẹ́bọ́ in Yoruba just means nourishment. To offer ẹ́bọ́ is to feed. In other words to 'cultivate', to culture, To cult. (In Yoruba it is said that the Wife bọ́s the Husband and the Husband bọ́s the Wife). Furthermore this misconstruing of the meaning of ẹ́bọ́ ignores a very important key part of the ẹ́bọ́ ceremony. And that is that the ẹ́bọ́ is mostly eaten by the person doing the offering and shared with everyone else present. So how can it be an offering or a transaction if you are just going to eat it yourself?

This fact is true of every traditional religion that I am aware of and that is that the Offering is eaten by the Offerer. This is true even of traditional Hebrew religion from which Christianity is derived. You can tell from certain passage that most offering were eaten:

1 Samuel 2
29 Why then do you scorn[b] my sacrifices and my offerings that I commanded for my dwelling, and honor your sons above me by fattening yourselves on the choicest parts of every offering of my people Israel?’

The sons of Eli fell into disfavour because they would purposely select the best part of the sacrifice for their own bellies.

And the other famous Offering was the Tithe which was again eaten by those who made the offering and shared with others.

Deuteronomy 14
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.

So what exactly is going on when ẹ́bọ́ is offered? When a meal is dedicated to a deity at a shrine the meal is then consumed by the practitioners in the belief that when the eat the meal they are nourishing the spirit of the deity in them. An Ogun devotee when he eats of the sacrifice is nurturing the spirit of industry, invention, pioneering within himself. He is cultivating the Ogun aspects of his being.

When a christian eats the Eucharist he is nourishing and nurturing the spirit of Christ within himself. The hope is that the Christ nature within will grow and come to fruition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
Not every offering is an ẹ́bọ́. The Hebrews also offered Holocausts, that is whole burnt offering, where the entire cattle was burnt to a cinder on the altar. Nothing left for any one to eat. There are also other offerings they did like peace offerings etc..

In Yoruba religion there is what are called Etutu. This is often confused and used synonymously with ẹ́bọ́ however I think it is worth being pedantic about the difference. Etutu is literally a 'loosening', it is offered to loosen a tight or difficult situation. Etymologically '-tu' in Yoruba means to loosen and Etutu is that which loosens. There are also other offerings like Adimu etc....

I just feel it's important to point out that not every offering is to be eaten.

PastorAIO:
The word CULT.

There are some points of interest to be gleaned from studying the etymology of the word cult. The word entered the English language in the 17th century from 2 sources. French culte, and Latin cultus. The French is itself derived from the Latin.

The meaning of Cult in Latin encompasses To Inhabit, To Cultivate, To Protect, To Grow, To Worship, To Train or To Educate,.....

It is from the Latin Cultus that we get the English words Cultivation, and Culture.

Exploring the connection of these uses for the word Cultus we come to a deeper understanding of Religious activity.

A religious Cult should be a place where a certain spirit in a person can be nurtured and developed.

In studying African traditional religion, many concepts can be misconstrued. For instance in Yoruba religious thought (and other tribes too) practitioners talk of going to offer ẹ́bọ́ to a shrine. Too many scholars loosely translate ẹ́bọ́ to mean sacrifice, and go on to explain that something must be given in order to get something as if the offering of ẹ́bọ́ is a business transaction.

But actually the word ẹ́bọ́ in Yoruba just means nourishment. To offer ẹ́bọ́ is to feed. In other words to 'cultivate', to culture, To cult. (In Yoruba it is said that the Wife bọ́s the Husband and the Husband bọ́s the Wife). Furthermore this misconstruing of the meaning of ẹ́bọ́ ignores a very important key part of the ẹ́bọ́ ceremony. And that is that the ẹ́bọ́ is mostly eaten by the person doing the offering and shared with everyone else present. So how can it be an offering or a transaction if you are just going to eat it yourself?

This fact is true of every traditional religion that I am aware of and that is that the Offering is eaten by the Offerer. This is true even of traditional Hebrew religion from which Christianity is derived. You can tell from certain passage that most offering were eaten:

1 Samuel 2
29 Why then do you scorn[b] my sacrifices and my offerings that I commanded for my dwelling, and honor your sons above me by fattening yourselves on the choicest parts of every offering of my people Israel?’

The sons of Eli fell into disfavour because they would purposely select the best part of the sacrifice for their own bellies.

And the other famous Offering was the Tithe which was again eaten by those who made the offering and shared with others.

Deuteronomy 14
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.

So what exactly is going on when ẹ́bọ́ is offered? When a meal is dedicated to a deity at a shrine the meal is then consumed by the practitioners in the belief that when the eat the meal they are nourishing the spirit of the deity in them. An Ogun devotee when he eats of the sacrifice is nurturing the spirit of industry, invention, pioneering within himself. He is cultivating the Ogun aspects of his being.

When a christian eats the Eucharist he is nourishing and nurturing the spirit of Christ within himself. The hope is that the Christ nature within will grow and come to fruition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:04pm On May 04, 2020
Optimum. A word meaning the best, or the most favourable place or degree.

To be distinguished from Maximum. The maximum amount of Amala and Efo stew is not necessarily the Optimal. Why? Because over eating is very uncomfortable and not good at all.

People often think more is better but that is rarely true.
Re: Des Pensees by Geist(m): 11:09am On Sep 22, 2020
Pastor, what are your thoughts on gender pay gap and white privilege. I know you have given your thoughts on Jordan Peterson before but what do you think of his interview with Cathy Newman. I have also listened to Thomas Sowell on the issue and he had the same kind of thoughts on the issue as JP. Just want to hear what your thoughts are.
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2020
It was an interesting interview I. So many levels. I don’t know what level you’d want to hear my views on. I could talk about the corrupt and manipulative media as depicted by Cathy Newman and about JP’s calm handling of her, which helped to expose her machinations for all to see.

I think he was right about the pay gap. There is nothing like knowing your worth. It happens more to women but to men as well whereby they are actually doing the brunt of work and adding the most value to a project yet getting paid the least. Indeed it requires an aggressive stance which men are better at taking. I’m someone quite high in the agreeableness trait and to be honest it’s a handicap. I’ve been working on that and it’s yielding positive results. One key I find is quite important is to have a willingness to walk away. Before I walk into a meeting I psych myself with the thought that the meeting may not go as planned and I prepare myself to be content to just walk away. Sometimes I thing people notice it from the minute you walk into the meeting because when I take that stance the people I’m dealing with are always more amenable from the start. But if I walk in like a nice guy, grinning like a monkey and being friendly I get shafted.

Interestingly this afternoon I was reading about Simpson’s Paradox. One of the examples of the paradox involved a perceived biased in accepting women’s applications to university. However the analysis revealed that women were going for courses that were more competitive to get into due to the numbers of people with the appropriate qualifications. Men on the other hand were more likely to go for the courses that were less competitive because the qualifications required were hard to get and there were actually fewer qualified people applying for the positions. For example there were more men going for engineering degrees than women, while the women might go for say an English degree. If you’re applying for an English degree in an English speaking country then the competition for a place will be harder than if you were applying for an Engineering course of which there were fewer people with the qualifications to apply in the first place.

What I learn from that is that statistics is an extremely complex subject and just looking at the numbers superficially can mislead you as to what is really going on.

Geist:
Pastor, what are your thoughts on gender pay gap and white privilege. I know you have given your thoughts on Jordan Peterson before but what do you think of his interview with Cathy Newman. I have also listened to Thomas Sowell on the issue and he had the same kind of thoughts on the issue as JP. Just want to hear what your thoughts are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by Geist(m): 10:00am On Sep 23, 2020
PastorAIO:
and on white privilege and the BLM movement?
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2020
Geist:
and on white privilege and the BLM movement?

Hmmmm. Too many thoughts on that one too. Without a doubt this world is not a place of equity. The fingers of the hand are not equal. There is tall privilege. There is athleticism privilege, there is fineness privilege etc etc etc. Why should a fine girl get free entry into a club when her mates have to pay? Similarly over vast swathes of society there is white privilege. But there is also black privilege though maybe not in as many scenarios as white privilege. Also I think that black people are often the cause of their own oppression because of the way they defer to whites people. It’s like the privilege is not just out there in political society but it has even entered into the minds of the black people.

We are both Nigerians. We both know how we treat oyinbos in Nigeria. Someone once posted something on a social media, it might have even been on NL here. It said (I paraphrase):” if you want to impress a Nigerian board take an oyinbo ‘expert’ into the meeting with you. Any oyinbo will do. “

I copied it and reposted it on my Facebook. An oyinbo friend who has just returned from Nigeria laughed hard when she read it.

White privilege is real.

BLM: I do believe that black lives do matter. I agree with the statement.
However as an organisation I am more cautious about lending my support to any organisation. These things tend to go pear shaped and become corrupt.

What is the agenda? Where is the funding coming from? These are questions I’ve heard levelled at the organisation. I think they are valid questions. It seems that there is a lot more to BLM the organisation than just the rights of black peoples.

One should be very careful in life about allowing oneself to become a pawn in someone else’s agenda.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2020
I believe I’ve stated many times my most basic and fundamental belief in life. It is that each human has been born with a mission/purpose in life and that fulfilling this is the utmost imperative of its life. I believe in a society that facilitates the explorations and achieving of this goal for each and every human being.

To the extent that a society frustrates this , that society is evil.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
What cults are you in? There are all sorts of cults, from religious cults, to personality cults, to 'Cult of Domesticity', etc etc etc....

Cults are gatherings of people who come together to cultivate some attributes in its members and to serve some ideals (or person representing an Ideal).

It is often touted by christians that Christianity is not a religion. I agree. But If it is not a religious cult then what sort of a cult is it?

Religion refers to the practices that seek to heal the rift between persons and divinity as well as persons and their environment. To the extent that Christianity fails to do this Christianity is not a Religious Cult. So what sort of cult is it?

"Show me your Friends and I will tell you what you are." This is a well known saying.
Indeed our associations have a strong impact on the kind of persons we become.

When you enter a christian congregation and you see masters of criminality, liars, and thieves, destroyers of nations seated at the high table, you can predict what the cult is devoted to. Its values are made manifest.

At the heart of every culture is a set of Values. There are certain things Valued higher than certain other things. Each culture has Ideals that it pursues and this is the basis of it's moral code.

Some cultures value politeness and softly spoken interactions. The most lauded members of these cultures will be those that exhibit these traits. They might even have a special name for such behaviours or people such as 'omoluabi' or 'Iwa pęlę'.

Some cultures extol business acumen. The most lauded members of such a group could be referred to admiringly as 'sharp guys'. Those who lack the traits of business acumen could be derided as 'mumu guys'.

Other cultures place dancing ability at the top of their value scales. Members who can dance well are celebrated and rewarded for it. Yet those who can't dance are mocked and derided. It is much harder for an African man who can't dance to be respected than a white man from Europe where dancing ability is not such a highly valued activity, That is not to say that every African can dance, but rather every African is put under pressure to learn how to dance, if not well then, at least enough so that he doesn't embarrass him or herself.

When an individual finds him or herself in a cultural milieu there is great pressure on the individual to aspire to the highest values of that Culture. Your ability to get on in society, to receive the respect and admiration of your fellows, will depend on your ability to achieve the higher values of that cultural milieu. Thus cults/culture shape the development of personalities.

1 Like

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
The friendships and associations that you cultivate will go a long way to shaping the kind of person you become.

It is better to be the lowest of the lowest in a milieu of admirable people than to be a local champion amongst deplorable people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
A cult established on the belief that there is a Logon embedded within each individual and that seeks to nourish, nurture and cultivate that Logon is a True Religious Cult.

A Cult that detracts, and distracts away from this is a Satanic cult.

The original Hebrew term śāṭān (Hebrew: שָּׂטָן‎) is a generic noun meaning "accuser" or "adversary",[7][8] which is used throughout the Hebrew Bible to refer to ordinary human adversaries,[9][8] as well as a specific supernatural entity.[9][8] The word is derived from a verb meaning primarily "to obstruct, oppose".[10] When it is used without the definite article (simply satan), the word can refer to any accuser,[9]but when it is used with the definite article (ha-satan), it usually refers specifically to the heavenly accuser: the satan.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

When the highest Value a human can pursue is the cultivation of the Logon, then anything that opposes or obstructs this is Satanic.

Satanism (Elenini-ism) operates with great subtlety. It is rarely an obvious obstruction, as indeed Paul of the New Testament says: 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 corinthians 11.

Those who lie have affirmed that the best lies are mixed with Truth. It could be a big lie, but they knead it into a dough of Truth and then present it thus.

so we find that in the christian bible there are allusions to the Logon in the parables of Jesus and there are also many other spiritual truths. Yet these truths have the most insidious poisons kneaded into them. Members of christians cults are taught to look outside of themselves for the Truth rather than within. Yet all the while giving lip service to teachings like, 'The Kingdom of Heaven is Within'. Rather than being a Religious Cult they are actually Cults of Personality. There is always someone other than oneself that they are directed to focus their attentions on.

This subtle redirecting, misdirecting, and detracting from the cultivation of the Logon within exposes these Christian cults for what they are. Satanic! Shaitans masquerading as angels of Light.

2 Likes

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
Why the easy conflation of Yhwh and Satan in the bible?

1 Chronicles 21
1Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24
1Again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army,a who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by kkins25(m): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
PastorAIO:
Why the easy conflation of Yhwh and Satan in the bible?

1 Chronicles 21
1Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

2 Samuel 24
1Again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army,a who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people.”
I no know ohh, but good to have you back.

1 Like

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2022
jinni, plural jinn, also called genie, Arabic jinnī, in Arabic mythology, a supernatural spirit below the level of angels and devils. Ghūl (treacherous spirits of changing shape), ʿifrīt (diabolic, evil spirits), and siʿlā (treacherous spirits of invariable form) constitute classes of jinn. Jinn are beings of flame or air who are capable of assuming human or animal form and are said to dwell in all conceivable inanimate objects—stones, trees, ruins—underneath the earth, in the air, and in fire. They possess the bodily needs of human beings and can even be killed, but they are free from all physical restraints. Jinn delight in punishing humans for any harm done them, intentionally or unintentionally, and are said to be responsible for many diseases and all kinds of accidents; however, those human beings knowing the proper magical procedure can exploit the jinn to their advantage.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/jinni

Samūm (Arabic: سموم also spelled Simoom or Semum; from the root س م م s-m-m, سم "to poison"wink is a fire related to demons in Ancient Arabic lore and later Islamic beliefs. As a kind of fire, it is also the origin of some kinds of evil spirits and further identified with both the fires of hell and the fire of the sun. The Samum probably originated from Jewish lore as an anthropomorphization of poisonous wind, which was probably also the origin of the concept of Samael and his lesser devils.[1] Islam further develops the relation between the fires of Samum and Satan by asserting, that he or at least his minor devils, are created from the fires of Samum.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nar_as-samum

As for the jinn, We created them earlier from smokeless fire.
Quran 15:27
https://quran.com/15:27?store=false&translations=131,206,207,203

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2022
PastorAIO:

Exodus 3
2And the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed. 3And Moses said, “I will turn aside to see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.” 4When the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”

Who was Moses talking to, whose voice came out of the bush?

Was it Yhwh?

Was it the Angel of Yhwh?

Was it the Elohim? (ie the pantheon).

https://www.nairaland.com/6937384/errors-biblical-contradictions-bible/9#109501420
Re: Des Pensees by PastorAIO: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
PastorAIO:

He who has ears to hear let him hear:

In the Levantine there is a category of creature known as djinn. They are formed from ‘smokeless fire’. Iblis , according to Islam, was such a djinn. He disobeyed allah and was cast out of heaven and became the king of the Satans.

Now if you go to the root of this whole calamity that has befallen us in this world what do we find.

We find it started with a discovery by Moses. Moses was in the wilderness when he saw a bush burning but was not getting consumed. In other words the bush was not being turned to smoke by the fire. The phenomenon he saw was SMOKELESS FIRE. He saw a djinn and he spoke to the djinn and the djinn spoke to him. That is where these religions started.

This has go to be the greatest deception in the whole of history.

https://www.nairaland.com/335826/pastor-aio-come-teach-us/6#109599722

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The History Of Olumba Olumba (the Brotherhood Of Cross And Star) / As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Which Church Do You Currently Attend And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.