Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,729 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties (18909 Views)

My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Which planet is that dude from? He was hoping on his father's property to enjoy life abi?
Okwaala ya.
Gone are the days women don't have share in properties. What if a man has only females? His useless brothers will arise ba?
Boy, you have met your match amongst your sisters.
No go work hard.
Olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by kullozone(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Greatmind23:
I'm papa sly am carry his corpse go do ritual now before him die I'm suppose don dey track he lack good gps

Oga, I no understand wetin you dey try talk oh
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Greatmind23: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2017
kullozone:

Oga, I no understand wetin you dey try talk oh
smiles
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by ivolt: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2017
Backward man, he still believes that women are properties to be owned
and therefore don't deserve inheritance.

Kudos to the father for putting humanity before a toxic culture.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by princy80(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2017
That lazy slowpoke should go and work for his own wealth instead of fighting over what has been willed!

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by MaestroID(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2017
Even tho I doubt The originality of this story... I will say The Emmy ISSA fool... why?

If as a first son or chid who depends on his late dad's wealth for a living. Then he has nothing useful doing

If he thinks He will use tradition as a means of rejecting his sisters their right, I suggest he should be tied up and beaten till Brain Fallz on Him..

As far as I am knw, that Will is Legal anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Tinyemeka(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2017
It's a non-issue.

Fortunately, their father didn't die intestate.
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Raheemzee(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2017
Na dem biadogs again!

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by mamatwiny(f): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2017
The Emeka is out of his mind. What if the father willed all to motherless babies home? Or even to his driver/servants?

He is only entitled to his father's house in the village which is their family house, every other thing na jara.

The man did well. Let all man go and hustle.
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Pat081: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Useless fool so he can nt use his own hand to work n b some one good in life. Is nt a new thing so far KANU hv call d women dia names dey re nt born with b4

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Uzyvicks(f): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2017
If t story is true, then the man Emmy, is stupid, for trying to push his sisters away cos of property
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by ogunladeabiodun: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2017
twoMcfemad:
Where do this man CYRIACUS IZUEKWE and the P. M express of a thing get their junk news from?
If its not women fighting for husbands, its family man runs mad or monkey chasing lion and all of that.

Enough of all these viewing centre/ Newspaper Stand gist.

BTW, I don't blame them. Na Buhari cause am.

i have always wonderred too
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by AreaFada2: 11:31am On Oct 05, 2017
If true, the Emmy guy is a BIG fool.

A girl cannot inherit property, but you can request the hubby to pay dowry & produce many/expensive items that many people cannot easily afford. Some even kidnap & do gbana/powder to afford it.

You will be happy to task her hubby to train/educate your other younger brother or sister for your family. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2017
Lol
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by NoToPile: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Selfish man

Good move by the late papa
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Tecno66: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
To me, any child waiting for inheritance to move forward in life is not serious. The dead man has the right to share his properties as he deems fit. That is why they call it a will. He may even decide not to give anything to his senior son and thats it. He has to accept and move on.
Islie:

http://pmexpressng.com/man-takes-fight-fathers-grave-sharing-properties/

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by room089: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
That outlandish law of leaving the female folk in the family empty-handed is being reversed in igboland. Though wills are contestable in the law court, hence the man is not giving out their family house, the ONLY land or property to the females in the family; should the case be taken to court, Emmy will be the bad loser!

The female folk is perceived to be marginalized when it comes to sharing of property in igboland. And so, the court is becoming so lenient to women in such a case because many have been deprived of what belonged to them or what they laboured assiduously for. Imagine a woman losing a house SHE single-handedly built with her money all because she lost her husband and has no male child. Isn't it draconian?
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Abagworo(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
The dude is so lazy he doesn't even know Igbo tradition to start with. Only the family properties in the village and particularly "isiobi" is the reserve of the eldest son "Okpara". Those properties in Owerri and Onitsha can be willed to charity or demolished if the father so wished.
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Abagworo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
room089:
That outlandish law of leaving the female folk in the family empty-handed is being reversed in igboland. Though wills are contestable in the law court, hence the man is not giving out their family house, the ONLY land or property to the females in the family; should the case be taken to court, Emmy will be the bad loser!

The female folk is perceived to be marginalized when it comes to sharing of property in igboland. And so, the court is becoming so lenient to women in such a case because many have been deprived of what belonged to them or what they laboured assiduously for. Imagine a woman losing a house SHE single-handedly built with her money all because she lost her husband and has no male child. Isn't it draconian?

Take it easy as you try to demonize Igbo culture. It is African and world culture and not limited to Igbos alone that lineage and inheritance is traced mostly through male except in rare cases like some parts of Igboland and Bayelsa where matrilineal lineage and inheritance is practiced. Condemn the lazy mofo and leave Igbos out of the fool's idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by Ezebinaugwu(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Laziness at work. Why will one depend on his father's wealth for crying out loud, the so cold Emmy should go and hustle. I only care for what my children will inherit from me not what i will inherit from my parent

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by room089: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Abagworo:

Take it easy as you try to demonize Igbo culture. It is African and world culture and not limited to Igbos alone that lineage and inheritance is traced mostly through male except in rare cases like some parts of Igboland and Bayelsa where matrilineal lineage and inheritance is practiced. Condemn the lazy mofo and leave Igbos out of the fool's idiocy.

No bro, why beat a hasty conclusion that I'm demonizing igbo culture? Where did I do that in my write up? Is chasing a woman and her female children by SOME family members upon the demise of her husband from a house she Single-handedly built just because she has got no male issue justifiable in all ramifications? Igbos are good people and their culture and tradition too unique and wonderful; I can never demonize them or any other tribe.
Re: Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties by pally123: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
eyinjuege:
A man can will his property to anyone he wishes to.

It's the product of his hard work, and he should share it as he seems fit.

His son too should go and work for his own property
+1000

(1) (2) (Reply)

''my Husband Emeka Okojie Is Trying To Kill Me'' - Nigerian Lady / "Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question / Appeal To All: Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.