Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) (3767 Views)

Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) / Leke Adeboye Leads EndSARS Service Outside Lagos Government House / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

[s]There is nothing valid about the argument so I'm not sure what should be used against me .

About How a transcendent God could operate within a finite universe or outside time , you can watch intellectuals like Alvin Plantinga , Craig Williams explain on Youtube or read their books . Williams Craig even wrote a book about it in the 1990s , even Platinga wrote in the 70s about this . Twenty to 40 years later an atheist still does not get it . Blame the atheist not theist .[/s]

I've had lunch already, so I'm not hungry. And even when I'm hungry, I don't eat bullshiit. So, next time you wanna give me a packaged dish, try to make it a bit better than this. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
I've had lunch already, so I'm not hungry. And even when I'm hungry, I don't eat bullshiit. So, next time you wanna give me a packaged dish, try to make it a bit better than this. smiley

ok
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Daeylar(f): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

Damn!, shocked

you are very savage shocked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
johnydon22:

That is exactly the implications exposed in the OP which is in direct contradiction with the ideas of theism as I showed.

In theism God operates within the universe, fights battles and all - For this to be so God must be a person within this universe if God transcends this universe then God cannot perform actions as a person within this universe.

The transcendent argument contradicts theism but can be reconciled with Deism in a broad sense

In theism God does operate within the universe. God rather operates and influences the actions much like in the movies when we see telekinesis at work. I can control someone via suggestive thought or even make the person act totally irrational and mentally unhinged all via telekinesis without being in the same room or location with the person or being influenced by the persons environment.

There was a story in the bible which talks about Jesus and the storm. When he was in the flesh and spoke to the storm and it was still the comment from the disciples was "what manner of man is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him".

Does the wind have ears? Does the sea hear? So how then did they understand his command and obey?

If this were to be a movie we would say telekinetic projections achieved this feat and as God this cannot be impossible.

God does not need to be a person in this universe in order to function and he cannot be limited by his transcendent nature. There is nowhere that transcendency suggests limitation.

A divine being can walk through our realm without being affected by it. It's like this. Since we are using movies to discuss this let me bring in another movie ability which is known in science fiction and it is called A FORCE FIELD.

A force field is an invisible barrier of force which does not allow anything that is outside it to affect it but it can affect everything else. Now imagine that force field to be as thin and as close to the skin as a sheet of paper. This would mean that whoever has it on can directly influence everything in his environment but the same environment cannot affect it. IT IS IMMUNE TO ITS ENVIRONMENT.

A lot of what we need to logically analyse the immanence and transcendency of God is already in application either in real life or in movie scripts.

We now have spontaneous thought, telekinetic projections and a force field in play in your movie and this is guaranteed to be a smash hit as far as science fiction goes grin wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
Daeylar:

Damn!, shocked

you are very savage shocked.
Lol...... I was only talking to him as a brother. grin
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Daeylar(f): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Lol...... I was only talking to him as a brother. grin

Is that so cheesy, how nice, such good brotherly love.

But eh, please can you never talk to me as a brother grin grin grin,

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

You will eat bullshit ToZaraWithaZ when the King is done with you ashole. You have zero intelligence to know what the esteemed Nairalander, KingEbukasBlog said in his brilliant mention. You are not fit to eat with the King. Go eat in your kennel, dog !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
Oh and by the way Johnydon22 since the characters in your movie do not even know they are simply characters and do not know they are being influenced by the movie maker this means they have absolutely no idea about the actions of the movie maker even beyond his movie making.

This also means that this movie maker cannot do anything wrong since his movie characters are unaware of his actions but only respond to a script so their awareness and knowledge is limited to this script.

Change the script, their awareness alters as well. So can an unaware movie character who simply follows a given script chastise his producer when he already accepted the reward or wages for his role?

This character can choose not to play certain scenes but when they choose the scene they want then they get the just wages attached to that role. Would you then blame the producer for meeting his own side of the deal which is to pay for services rendered? grin
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You will eat bullshit ToZaraWithaZ when the King is done with you ashole. You have zero intelligence to know what the esteemed Nairalander, KingEbukasBlog said in his brilliant mention. You are not fit to eat with the King. Go eat in your kennel, dog !
Lol..... The bull is on to me. Christianity has obviously fried your brain. Like I said, I don't interact with the mad. You're the only one fit to eat with your King of the Castle of the deluded. Go now and enjoy your meal. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by vaxx: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Pls reconstruct your agurment ....an expose thesist can easily crunch this analogy....how will you set a movie Without a plan and purpose?
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
Pls reconstruct your agurment ....an expose thesist can easily crunch this analogy....how will you set a movie Without a plan and purpose?

grin

Exactly!

Plan and purpose all originate from THOUGHT! I already told him so.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Daeylar:

Is that so cheesy, how nice, such good brotherly love.
But eh, please can you never talk to me as a brother grin grin grin,
I'd rather talk to you as a friend..... Lol. grin
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Thank you my brother grin . Its the repugnant display of idiocy we see all the time grin

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
I agree with you, totally. My point is that theists do not concede in the face of logic and reason.

They use "logic" and "reason" in defending God, in making commentaries about him. But the most ridiculous aspects of their bullshiit are made "immune" to rational bullets by being said to transcend the domain of logic and reason.

They're practically removing you from the sane zone and demanding that you take a step into the madhouse - where you won't be safe.

Use this valid argument against KingEbukasBlog, and you'll see what I'm talking about. grin

You are not fit to debate the esteemed Nairalander KingEbukasBlog.
Go to your kennel ToZaraWithaZ !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
I agree with you, totally. My point is that theists do not concede in the face of logic and reason.

They use "logic" and "reason" in defending God, in making commentaries about him. But the most ridiculous aspects of their bullshiit are made "immune" to rational bullets by being said to transcend the domain of logic and reason.

They're practically removing you from the sane zone and demanding that you take a step into the madhouse - where you won't be safe.

Use this valid argument against KingEbukasBlog, and you'll see what I'm talking about. grin

ToZaraWithaZ, you dont have the mental fineness to come up with the above rebuttal. Mmmmm copy and past !
You come across as a coward when dealing with the esteemed Nairalander, KingEbukasBlog.

Go King ! Africa needs you !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

ToZaraWithaZ, you dont have the mental fineness to come up with the above rebuttal against the King, the esteemed Nairalander KingEbukasBlog or the witty extremely intelligent butterflyl1on . Mmmmm copy and past !
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by AgentOfAllah: 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
johnydon22:

Let me explain then.

Spatial dimensions XYZ + T must equal the speed of light as a constant.

This simple mathematics is the mechanism behind relativity.

XYZ+T=C

The faster you go on XYZ, T must adjust to still sum the total to C

So the faster you go on XYZ, the slow T becomes so the sum will equal C.

That is why in relativity time slows down the faster you go

I hope you understand its application to known laws of physics now.
Oh, I see! Your words describe the time dilation implication of relativity. My bad, your mathematical representation of it threw me off. To preserve the integrity of physical units, it is more appropriately: X2 + Y2 + Z2 = c2dt2.

You have steered away from my original analogy, my analogy on the OP referred to already released movie and in particular one that you are watching on your device.

So for we to assume a pre-released still under production then we are into a different assumptive premise all together than becomes non-sequitor to the original analogy.

If you are watching Hobbit on your phone and I am also watching Hobbit on mine. Its different plains (universes) we both are holding different dimensional plains in our hands, different universes.
I understand that I steered away from your original analogy, but I don't think I have digressed from your conclusion, which was that we cannot interfere with the fate of our 2D subjects. The new premise is supposed to demonstrate a different path through which interference can be achieved, so as far as your conclusion is concerned, it is very sequitur! Potentially, this transcendental god may also be able to change our fates without having to personally interact with us.

Presently, your argument is essentially of the form:
A (3D observer of widely circulated 2D videos) ⇒ B (3D observer transcendent of 2D world)
&
A (3D observer of widely circulated 2D videos) ⇒ C (3D Cannot interfere with 2D world)
∴ Conclusion 1
B (3D observer transcendent of 2D world) ⇒ C (3D Cannot interfere with 2D world)

And my argument is of the form:
D (3D observer of one copy 2D videos) ⇒ B (3D observer transcendent of 2D world)
&
D (3D observer of one copy 2D videos) ¬ C (3D Cannot interfere with 2D world)
∴ Conclusion 2
B (3D observer transcendent of 2D world) ¬ C (3D Cannot interfere with 2D world)

The problem is conclusions 1 and 2 cannot both be correct because they contradict each other.

Note my statement. You cannot exist or act as a person within a time and space you transcend.

Keyword: Person.

You may pause, fast forward and rewind a movie but you sitting on that couch cannot be a person inside that movie even if you are watching a movie you are part of .
Yes, I agree that you cannot exist as a person in the lower dimensional world. But your initial statement that god cannot intervene in our time is what I was challenging. I was showing that it may be possible that a transcendental god can, in fact, edit our time and fate at will, without us noticing.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
ToZaraWithaZ, you dont have the mental fineness to come up with the above rebuttal against the King, the esteemed Nairalander KingEbukasBlog or the witty extremely intelligent butterflyl1on . Mmmmm copy and past !
What are you on about? Are you pissed that I called you MAD? grin Then you should have proved me wrong instead of putting on this display of lunacy to prove my statement right. I personally think you're the one who lacks the intellectual muscle for debate.

Nigga told me to go and read some "Christian intellectuals" and posted some YouTube videos, and this is the debate you're talking about? What point did he make that I ought to have addressed?

Some lunatic is obsessed with me. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
What are you on about? Are you pissed that I called you MAD? grin Then you should have proved me wrong instead of putting on this display of lunacy to prove my statement right. I personally think you're the one who lacks the intellectual muscle for debate.

Nigga told me to go and read some "Christian intellectuals" and posted some YouTube videos, and this is the debate you're talking about? What point did he make that I ought to have addressed?

Some lunatic is obsessed with me. undecided

What is your problem ? I engage you respectfully and suddenly you panic. You portray typical Atheist behaviour.
Are you shiting yourself that I called you stupid ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
What is your problem ? I engage you respectfully and suddenly you panic. You portray typical Atheist behaviour.
Are you shiting yourself that I called you stupid ?
grin I still don't seem to get what this frustrated lunatic is talking about. What is your point? Oya, calm down and state your problems with total clarity. I'm interested in solving them.

I'm waiting.

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you my brother grin . Its the repugnant display of idiocy we see all the time grin

You doing well King, Respect !
KingEbukasBlog, could the facts below be the Satanic motivation of Low-level Atheists sick behaviour ?

Much of history teaches that violence, greed, and domination pay off handsomely in the worldly sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
grin I still don't seem to get what this frustrated lunatic is talking about. What is your point? Oya, calm down and state your problems with total clarity. I'm interested in solving them.

I'm waiting.
Stop deluding yourself ToZaraWithaZ, I dont share problems with demented religious trolls.
You guys create a bad vibe for Nairaland which happen to be an excellent business tools, but with the majority being decent Muslims and Christians, they will vote with their dollars.

Go fuxk with Atheists !
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by vaxx: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Stop deluding yourself ToZaraWithaZ, I dont share problems with demented religious trolls.
You guys create a bad vibe for Nairaland which happen to be an excellent business tools, but with the majority being decent Muslims and Christians, they will vote with their dollars.

Go fuxk with Atheists !
can you pls attend to him, he is ready to listen ...you may win a soul..I saw calmness in his written...
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:

Go fuxk with Atheists !
It's so clear that your destiny is to spend the last days of your life in the LUNATIC asylum. There's no way you can escape this fate. You're SO MAD I can't describe it. grin
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
can you pls attend to him, he is ready to listen ...you may win a soul..I saw calmness in his written...

that guy is never calm. he is always volatile.

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by tintingz(m): 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
johnydon22:

ok let me explain with illustrations.

do you have a pen and paper?
I am here to learn as well, I need someone to explain more about physics or is it quantum physics. smiley
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by hopefulLandlord: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
when will sciencewatch start talking coherently?

I feel he's actually intelligent but can't tailor his words to fit the discussion, always rambling on and on and on; anyways I've seen improvements, he no longer hounds people with his "Emmanuel TV" "TB Joshua" bullsheet again erhm at least I haven't seen him do so for sometime

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Humanistme: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
when will sciencewatch start talking coherently?

I feel he's actually intelligent but can't tailor his words to fit the discussion, always rambling on and on and on; anyways I've seen improvements, he no longer hounds people with his "Emmanuel TV" "TB Joshua" bullsheet again erhm at least I haven't seen him do so for sometime

He does it on purpose don't get it twisted. he is a certified troll. It is best to ignore him.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by hopefulLandlord: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Humanistme:

He does it on purpose don't get it twisted. he is a certified troll. It is best to ignore him.

that's a useless trolling method IMO, are you still trolling if majority skip your posts?

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by bobowaja(m): 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Can ScienceWatch and KingEbukasBlog also argue logically as their Christian brother (butterflyl1on) and stop derailing this beautiful thread? I cant seem to find anything intelligent that KingEbukasBlog did except for posting links and YouTube videos which are not in tandem with this discussion.

We all can be one on this very thread (whether Christian, Muslim, traditionalist, atheists, agnostics and others). This topic is about terrestrial and extraterrestrial and the dimensions they operates in and to also find out if there is/are interference between the various dimensions.

Pls don't let us derail.

It is good to be back in physics class cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
You make good points Vaxx as usual but it really does not apply to most Low-level Atheists here.

The guiding principle for me is, "Dont throw your pearls to the swine. They will rend you." I will never attempt to "win/save the soul" of a swine. They must stay were they are ! We all have free choice, these Low-level Atheists have chosen the dark Side.

hopefulLandlord, ToZaraWithaZ, hahn and others cruel, hate driven trolls that cruise religious topics to get sexual relief and to impress their failed prophet of modern Atheism, Richard Dawkins.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by segunojo866: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You make good points Vaxx as usual but it really does not apply to most Low-level Atheists here.

The guiding principle for me is, "Dont throw your pearls to the swine. They will rend you." I will never attempt to "win/save the soul" of a swine. They must stay were they are ! We all have free choice, these Low-level Atheists have chosen the dark Side.

hopefulLandlord, ToZaraWithaZ, hahn and others cruel, hate driven trolls that cruise religious topics to get sexual relief and to impress their failed prophet of modern Atheism, Richard Dawkins.
anti atheists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Christianity A Fraud? / The Religion Called Atheism / Some Difficulties Of The Christian Missions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.