Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) (3783 Views)

Apostle Sammy Smith Gives Live Sermon Outside His BURNING Home (Pics) / Leke Adeboye Leads EndSARS Service Outside Lagos Government House / Dominion City Lagos Church Outside Church - At Home (Live Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:
Can ScienceWatch and KingEbukasBlog also argue logically as their Christian brother (butterflyl1on) and stop derailing this beautiful thread? I cant seem to find anything intelligent that KingEbukasBlog did except for posting links and YouTube videos which are not in tandem with this discussion.

We all can be one on this very thread (whether Christian, Muslim, traditionalist, atheists, agnostics and others). This topic is about terrestrial and extraterrestrial and the dimensions they operates in and to also find out if there is/are interference between the various dimensions.

Pls don't let us derail.

It is good to be back in physics class cool

Its easy to say that you have little understanding of what was discussed in the videos or you didn't watch the videos. But that's okay, you are an atheist

Anyway , there are different theories and perspectives of what time is and how God relates with time i.e how you choose to see God's relationship with time depends one your perspective of time . And personhood and transcendence are mutually exclusive to some and to another there is a connection . There is no consensus on how God relates with time .

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by GodsMopol: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
adepeter2027:
If I understand anything above ehh, let Lucifer push/force me to heaven.

Anyways, make I park & be learning cos this physics Wan pass my level

walia, the transcendent of a word got my brain spinning

do you have panadol

I'm slamming the door real hard on this thread
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by bobowaja(m): 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its easy to say that you have little understanding of what was discussed in the videos or you didn't watch the videos. But that's okay, you are an atheist

Anyway , there are different theories and perspectives of what time is and how God relates with time i.e how you choose to see God's relationship with time depends one your perspective of time . And personhood and transcendence are mutually exclusive to some and to another there is a connection . There is no consensus on how God relates with time .

First I am not an atheist (it all depends on your own definition of an atheist).

I am not here to attack your personality. I was just saying you should follow others and contribute to what is being discussed instead of trolling.

You are one of the few Christians I respect on this forum (pls don't troll)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:

First I am not an atheist (it all depends on your own definition of an atheist).

I am not here to attack your personality. I was just saying you should follow others and contribute to what is being discussed instead of trolling.

You are one of the few Christians I repeat on this forum (pls don't troll)

He already contributed when he made his comment and posted the videos. If you have data you should have gone through those videos. I already went through one of them and I must say that it is very profound.

You would have done likewise instead of trying to say he did not contribute. The videos are the shortest yet most profound way he could contribute.

Some people get tired of typing the same rebuttal all the time. I think that is what he did

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:

You are one of the few Christians I respect on this forum (pls don't troll)

I posted the first , you didn't respond to the content of the post ; the second post , the same thing.

Now , I'm being asked to stop trolling . Ogbeni , you are the one who does not understand what is going on here whether you are an atheist or not .

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by vaxx: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You make good points Vaxx as usual but it really does not apply to most Low-level Atheists here.

The guiding principle for me is, "Dont throw your pearls to the swine. They will rend you." I will never attempt to "win/save the soul" of a swine. They must stay were they are ! We all have free choice, these Low-level Atheists have chosen the dark Side.

hopefulLandlord, ToZaraWithaZ, hahn and others cruel, hate driven trolls that cruise religious topics to get sexual relief and to impress their failed prophet of modern Atheism, Richard Dawkins.
I saw it from your written.... You are intelligent. And you have more to say....but it seems they are failing to see that aspect in you .....your choices of words are brilliant...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Humanistme:

He does it on purpose don't get it twisted. he is a certified troll. It is best to ignore him.
I agree. Ignore the hapless religious troll, hopefulLandlord.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by bobowaja(m): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

He already contributed when he made his comment and posted the videos. If you have data you should have gone through those videos. I already went through one of them and I must say that it is very profound.

You would have done likewise instead of trying to say he did not contribute. The videos are the shortest yet most profound way he could contribute.
What if - everyone starts posting videos, will there be any discussion? We are all one here even after all the arguments, we all need one another to discuss and pass time with.

Good evening bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Some people get tired of typing the same rebuttal all the time. I think that is what he did

Thank you my brother . Even this same topic Ive responded to it sometime but my interlocutor was totally oblivious to what was being discussed. There are so many ideas and contributions that have made on this topic . It's wrong to draw conclusions from a particular perspective or idea that's what I've been trying to say .

If he wants to discuss every perspective out there , then it's okay . But it's gona be interminable because no one knows with certitude how God relates with time . The heck , there are perspectives that see God as part of Nature not separate from it thus non- transcendent.

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:

What if - everyone starts posting videos, will there be any discussion? We are all one here even after all the arguments, we all need one another to discuss and pass time with.

Good evening bro

Well any viable contribution is still a contribution be it a video or in written form as long as it is about the topic at hand and those videos are 100 % about the topic at hand and even offered it in even greater detail.

Maybe when you have the time you can at least go through one of the videos and then comment on it. This thread would still be here when you do smiley

Good evening to you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by bobowaja(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I posted the first , you didn't respond to the content of the post ; the second post , the same thing.

Now , I'm being asked to stop trolling . Ogbeni , you are the one who does not understand what is going on here whether you are an atheist or not .
It seems the word "troll" is affecting you. Sorry if it seems as an insult. But contribute instead of posting links and videos and stop derailing.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:

Good evening bro

I've watched videos and responded to the content of the videos. That's what we do here . If there is a source which contains everything I want to say or even more , why shouldn't I post? We should be judicious with our time bro

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
bobowaja:

It seems the word "troll" is affecting you. Sorry if it seems as an insult. But contribute instead of posting links and videos and stop derailing.

Thanks.

Links and videos are part of the contribution sir . Even the OP have done the same thing in other threads. It's kind of what we do here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by bobowaja(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I've watched videos and responded to the content of the videos. That's what we do here . If there is a source which contains everything I want to say or even more , why shouldn't I post? We should be judicious with our time bro
OK bro. I also respect you though will might belong to different divides

Good evening to you
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you my brother . Even this same topic Ive responsed to it sometime but my interlocutor was totally oblivious to what was being discussed. There are so many ideas and contributions that have made on this topic . It's wrong to draw conclusions from a particular perspective or idea that's what I've been trying to say .

If he wants to discuss every perspective out there , then it's okay . But it's gona be interminable because no one knows with certitude how God relates with time . The heck , there are perspectives that see God as part of Nature not separate from it thus non- transcendent.

Very true! Talking about time and God with the presumption that God had to subscribe to our concept of the material universe when he interferes otherwise it would make no sense is a very wrong premise.

Until we are totally sure of how God relates to us with regards to time then all we can do is simply talk about all the variables just as you just said.

However transcendency does not suggest an inability to interfere. It simply denotes location but not activity.

This thread being phrased as a movie as it were allows us to imagine and explore all the options there are but this simple act of exploration simply shows that we yet do not know exactly what we are talking about. However from what we know about the nature of God or how A GOD should be then there can be absolutely nothing that can limit such a being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
I saw it from your written.... You are intelligent. And you have more to say....but it seems they are failing to see that aspect in you .....your choices of words are brilliant...
Thanks for your kind words Vaxx. I certainly have much to say
on the topic of Low-level Atheists vs Genuine Atheists. The genuine ones focus on their search for enduring truths that empower humanity.
They will never stoop so low as to insult and terrorize innocent, decent persons that have a right to use forums for sharing and thereby helping each other.

It is terrible to witness the damage a Low-level Satanic Atheists do to forums that that was established to provide a positive benefit.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by hopefulLandlord: 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:
on the topic of Low-level Atheists vs Genuine Atheists. The genuine ones focus on their search for enduring truths that empower humanity.
They will never stoop so low as to insult and terrorize innocent, decent persons that have a right to use forums for sharing and thereby helping each other.

It is terrible to witness the damage a Low-level Satanic Atheists do to forums that that was established to provide a positive benefit.

You're correct bro, lots of sense in your posts, keep it up smiley
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Anyway , there are different theories and perspectives of what time is and how God relates with time i.e how you choose to see God's relationship with time depends on your perspective of time . And personhood and transcendence are mutually exclusive to some and to another there is a connection . There is no consensus on how God relates with time .

Absolutely brilliant King. This type of Atheist is extremely biased and will never watch your videos. Instead they hallucinate about your helpful videos and suddenly have strong opinions of things they never investigated.

KingEbukasBlog I think I see "The theory of relativity" unfolding in your explanation of "Time."

Please continue. I am reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by vaxx: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
ScienceWatch:

I will be glad if you can create a topic to address this observation of yours....

1 build the objective of discussion

2 point out what atheism is damaging on nairalandforum.(this forum has internationalised Nigeria) may be it can attract seun the founder...am sure he will do something about it...business is very important...

3...applaud the genuine one you notice on nairaland and give them a word of encouragement....

From this point we can all contribute to human development by removing shaft from the grain....we are all one at the end. ..

Cheers
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
I will be glad if you can create a topic to address this observation of yours....

2 point out what atheism is damaging on nairalandforum.(this forum has internationalised Nigeria) may be it can attract seun the founder...am sure he will do something about it...business is very important...

3...applaud the genuine one you notice on nairaland and give them a word of encouragement....

From this point we can all contribute to human development by removing shaft from the grain....we are all one at the end. ..

Cheers

Wow ! Vaxx you certainly certainly have a spirit called to inspire, even under extremely difficult circumstances.

I am encouraged by your well rounded insight and deeper understanding of problem solving. Your well thought out process can be used to effectively bring about positive change.

Yes I agree, Nairaland should not be left to deteriorate under the dictates of selfish, insulting Low-level Atheists. Your post reveal your acute awareness of the the bigger picture of Nairaland. It has internationalised Nigeria. It has a good business model. It provides well designed public forum etc.

As requested, I will work on this topic and use your generous and effective guidelines though I believe you are the best person to do this.

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by helpfulposts(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
very interesting
following and learning something new here
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by helpfulposts(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2017
ScienceWatch:

tanx for this contribution

these so-called low-level atheists on nairaland used to insult christians. Some will copy and paste other people's content claiming to know it all

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2017
helpfulposts:

tanx for this contribution

these so-called low-level atheists on nairaland used to insult christians. Some will copy and paste other people's content claiming to know it all
Thanks Helpfulposts.Yes your observation of the cruel, insulting behavior is correct. Low-Level Atheists are very damaging on many levels, including business confidence. Business, social,Spiritual topics are quickly reduced to trash by this gang of Low-level atheist trolls.

Someone once asked, "why don't thousands of people who were healed, delivered from demons and miraculous blessings share their awesome experiences here on Nairaland."

Well, we all know the answer by now. Nairaland's Low-level Atheists will descend like a pack of starved vultures, to rip each inspiring post to shreds.

[b]The esteemed Nairalander, Vaxx [/b]has also expressed his concerns and believes that the owners of Nairaland will investigate this damaging trend.

1 Like

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by NairalandSARS: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2017
butterflyl1on:

In theism God does operate within the universe. God rather operates and influences the actions much like in the movies when we see telekinesis at work. I can control someone via suggestive thought or even make the person act totally irrational and mentally unhinged all via telekinesis without being in the same room or location with the person or being influenced by the persons environment.

There was a story in the bible which talks about Jesus and the storm. When he was in the flesh and spoke to the storm and it was still the comment from the disciples was "what manner of man is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him".

Does the wind have ears? Does the sea hear? So how then did they understand his command and obey?

If this were to be a movie we would say telekinetic projections achieved this feat and as God this cannot be impossible.

God does not need to be a person in this universe in order to function and he cannot be limited by his transcendent nature. There is nowhere that transcendency suggests limitation.

A divine being can walk through our realm without being affected by it. It's like this. Since we are using movies to discuss this let me bring in another movie ability which is known in science fiction and it is called A FORCE FIELD.

A force field is an invisible barrier of force which does not allow anything that is outside it to affect it but it can affect everything else. Now imagine that force field to be as thin and as close to the skin as a sheet of paper. This would mean that whoever has it on can directly influence everything in his environment but the same environment cannot affect it. IT IS IMMUNE TO ITS ENVIRONMENT.

A lot of what we need to logically analyse the immanence and transcendency of God is already in application either in real life or in movie scripts.

We now have spontaneous thought, telekinetic projections and a force field in play in your movie and this is guaranteed to be a smash hit as far as science fiction goes grin wink

But Telepathy, telekinesis, and force fields require certain forms of energy particles/waves which still depend on the dimension(3D or 4D).
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by butterflyl1on: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2017
NairalandSARS:

But Telepathy, telekinesis, and force fields require certain forms of energy particles/waves which still depend on the dimension(3D or 4D).

It doesn't! Not the God kind if telekinesis or force field.

Illustrations are not reality.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
when will sciencewatch start talking coherently?

As soon as Nairaland gives us audio to communicate. You must hear me bro, I talk better than I write.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

.................always rambling on and on and on; anyways I've seen improvements, he no longer hounds people with his "Emmanuel TV" "TB Joshua" bullsheet again erhm at least I haven't seen him do so for sometime
Mmmmm You are very observant. The reason why you dont see me write here about the magnificence of the SCOAN church is because I honor the Biblical command which
clearly says, "DONT THROW YOUR PEARLS TO THE SWINE, THEY WILL REND IT."

Besides this topic is on a much lower level than the awesome reality of the tried and tested Gospels as verified by the thousands of global live personal testimonies flowing like a raging river through the humble SCOAN church. .
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
vaxx:

Cheers

Update : Vaxx, I am working on something you suggested and using the awesome guide-lines you gave me. Meanwhile, can you assist us with shedding more light on the publications that revealed that, "Atheism is a mental disease." An esteemed Nairalander, Budaatum has just created an interesting tropic on this and we are trying to track down the scientific publication that was available on the internet about one year ago, but has disappeared from Google search.

I commend budaatum for his interest in verifying the 22 yr long scientific study that has global implications. My personal opinion is that those alleged findings would come as no surprise to me because it would simply clarify the madness we experience daily when Low-level Atheists spew their corrosive sperm all over sacred and revered doctrines. Insanity indeed !

I welcome your excellent investigative skills Vaxx. Here is the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/4085670/22-year-study-states-atheism/1#61206570
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by vaxx: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Update : Vaxx, I am working on something you suggested and using the awesome guide-lines you gave me. Meanwhile, can you assist us with shedding more light on the publications that revealed that, "Atheism is a mental disease." An esteemed Nairalander, Budaatum has just created an interesting tropic on this and we are trying to track down the scientific publication that was available on the internet about one year ago, but has disappeared from Google search.

I commend budaatum for his interest in verifying the 22 yr long scientific study that has global implications. My personal opinion is that those alleged findings would come as no surprise to me because it would simply clarify the madness we experience daily when Low-level Atheists spew their corrosive sperm all over sacred and revered doctrines. Insanity indeed !

I welcome your excellent investigative skills Vaxx. Here is the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/4085670/22-year-study-states-atheism/1#61206570
sciencewatch, i think you should appear as a true symbol of Christ... The beauty in your written can change their mind.... Instead of degradation......I trust... you can do better...

2 Likes

Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by ScienceWatch: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
vaxx:
sciencewatch, i think you should appear as a true symbol of Christ... The beauty in your written can change their mind.... Instead of degradation......I trust you can do better...
Thanks for your inspiring word Vaxx.
Can we examine this problem from a slightly different angle ? When the leaders of the Jewish nation blocked people from receiving superior blessings from Jesus Christ, Jesus rightly called them "Snakes and Vibers." Was he degrading them ?
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Genoma(m): 1:21am On Oct 22, 2017
From your argument, you have unknowingly accepted the power of a god over human life even in transcendency. Let me explain
God= Director
Humans= Casts in the 2D film
In a 2D movie, the director decides what happens in the play from the beginning to the end. The casts are only subjects of the directors decision in the movie. This means that even when the movie has been released, and is being played, the director knows the beginning from the end because he is the one that directed the movie. The error from your illustration is that in a 2D movie that has been released, the casts have already concluded their roles and the public is only watching what has already been released.
A proper comparism of our 3D world with the 2D movie is during the acting stage(not the acted film), and the reason being that during the acting stage, the actors are still participating in the film under the direction of the director, and they don't have any idea of what the director will introduce into the film until he introduces it. This scenario is the same as we not knowing what the next minutes holds for us. Since we are still alive, we are still acting film and the director (God) will do to us as it pleases him, and can also decide to change our script or end our role(death) anytime it pleases him. The film will be released when the world comes to an end and we are standing before the judgement seat of God, our lives will be played before our eyes and since the film has ended and has been released for public consumption, nobody, not even God will edit the released film.
Re: Personhood And Transcendency (personal God Outside Time) by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 22, 2017
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not / Salvation Ministries 5 Night Of Glory 2016 Preview / Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.