Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani (24263 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Lied About Graduating With First Class From UNN - Premium Times / If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Dearlord(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Am just powerless in this government.

Our leaders are good in creating problems to the citizens .

Am beginning to think that Nigeria without her leadership could have been more profiting.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
No one has hijacked the government. Buhari has been corrupt from Day zero; How do you guys think the wife and children afford their multi-billion dollars lifestyle ?

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Elder4sure(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Try anti-zombie serum its very effective in curing zombieness. Una eye go soon clear that the corruption in this govt is far greater than GEJ time. Until then continue enjoying your zombie status.

seunmsg:
This Kackikwu and NNPC matter is very shameful. The president must address the issues raised in the Kachikwu memo quickly or else, someone like me cannot in good conscience still continue to support his government. We voted for Buhari to drain the corruption swamp and ensure that things are done properly henceforth. If he cannot take charge of the government, he should resign and go away.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by seguno2: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
NigerDeltan:
People always hijack his govt, don't know why

Nobody is hijacking any government from Buhari.
This is a corrupt cover up for him. It is an attempt to shift attention and blame away from the commander in crime, CinC.
That way his zombies will continue thinking that Buhari is not a rogue who pretends to be a saint.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by hanassholesolo: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Lol. Its like a self fulfiling prophesy.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Lomprico2: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
We know, they are called "the cabals"

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by oz4real83(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Babachir lawal once asked a question:''who is the presidency?'' I used to wonder why such a question from the SGF until I started seeing reasons. This govt has simply been hijacked!!! May God save us.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by odinga1of: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:
This Kackikwu and NNPC matter is very shameful. The president must address the issues raised in the Kachikwu memo quickly or else, someone like me cannot in good conscience still continue to support his government. We voted for Buhari to drain the corruption swamp and ensure that things are done properly henceforth. If he cannot take charge of the government, he should resign and go away.

hahhahahahaa i thought you said PMB is fighting curruption?.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by buchilino(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:

PRAISEEEEEEE DA LORD, UR FINALLY SEEING D LIGHT.

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Elder4sure(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
Haaaale lu jah! One zombie shall soon be delivered.
buchilino:

PRAISEEEEEEE DA LORD, UR FINALLY SEEING D LIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by surgical: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
NigerDeltan:
Because he lacks capacity, he always rely on people to get the job done for him, he is only interested in the perks of office nothing more, you can see for your self what is happening.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Reference(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:

Buhari is not the problem. The system is the problem. Sending Buhari away is not going to fundamentally change anything. In the case of the NNPC top dog, you have heard the custom of appointing close confidants by all Presidents to that position in order to steal for them at a very untraceable source (no one from 1957 till date knows exactly what Nigeria produces and sells). So you put Angel Michael and he appoints Angel Gabriel there to cream off.

Just change the bloody system. You as a citizen should not be waiting on right people to run systems badly. You should rather be insisting on bad people to run systems you set right. Be the criteria setter. The citizens should insist on how government is run. Buhari like all other Presidents before him is given too much power. And it corrupts eventually.

The emphasis on the person above the institution is what leads to corruption. Personally I have repeatedly said that the NNPC should be scrapped. It will ruin the best of leadership. How can one man singlehandedly approve amounts in excess of the entire budget of a country. One man. Who will not be seduced by such power. Abeg we should stop deceiving ourselves. We either restructure or crash. There are no options left.

Same thing under the PTF. So much power and latitude was given to him that his boys were running riot all over town, flaunting wealth like there was no tomorrow. Young engineers fresh out of grad school who managed to link up with Afri-projects buying and building mansions all over Asokoro and Maitama within months of joining. Then one fateful day the party was over.

Any democracy without active checks and balances where the people are the chief watchdogs and All devoid of sentiments cannot prosper its people. It's is the system, not Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Elder4sure(m): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Why is Tinubu silent in all these? Has he suddenly gone dump?

Posterity winning never forgive him for bringing this calamity upon Nigeria.

I have spoken. I'm Elder4sure!

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Cire80: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
I don't understand why Nigerians like to sugarcoat words. He's not aware what's happening? Is he not the Petroleum minister? If Baru was not doing his bidding and he was not current as to happenings in petroleum ministry and NNPC, wouldn't he had summoned Kachiku for a briefing? Not doing that shows he's aware of everything and Baru was doing his bidding. They want to turn Kachiku to a figure head

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by surgical: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
temitemi1:
Buhari is the biggest THIEVE!!!
The things way you see so no be today he start, in omawunmi voice.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Akinz0126(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
The kind hungar wey dey town now Oboi I now know the reason our maradona IBB chase him away.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Akinz0126(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Elder4sure:
Why is Tinubu silent in all these? Has he suddenly gone dump?

Posterity winning never forgive him for bringing this calamity upon Nigeria.

I have spoken. I'm Elder4sure!

Same thing I was discussing with 1 of my paadi TUNUBU ejalonibu kept mum all this while like say them padluck him mouth

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by adetayo234: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Because he is never in charge.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by kprez(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
chai niqeria na joke

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by capatainrambo: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:
he didn't do shit about babachair lawal did that stop u frm chanting sai baba?

abegee

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Elder4sure(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
Akinz0126:

Same thing I was discussing with 1 of my paadi TUNUBU ejalonibu kept mum all this while like say them padluck him mouth

It's rather unfortunate that he has been used and dumped. They refuse to learn from history. I still maintain, Tinubu and his cohort shall not go unpunished.
People are dying of hunger and starvation everyday just because of irresponsible government, while their families are having the best of life.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by ProWalker: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:

Absolutely on point. If people like me know that some people will be sharing presidential powers with the president at the detriment of the nation interest, i would have exercise restraint in voting for him
And to the issue of people always excusing the president that he may not be aware of some wrong things anytime such issue crops up, i don't think that is helpful to the man, rather it portrays a man that is not fully in charge or lack the presence of mind that is required to be the president of Nigeria.
PMB with his action or lack thereof is really testing the goodwill of Nigerians towards his government

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by joe120120(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Because he is not a learner .
empty hole head
Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by desmond2pk: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
mazimee:
Has Buhari ever been in full control of any Administration of his life? . It has always been hijacked or ran from the background while he sits back like a wall Gecko and watch his own government like TV series.

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by colli247(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
olajay86:
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/10/kachikwu-letter-theres-cycle-of-power.html

Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, has said the letter by the Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu to President Muhammadu Buhari is an indication that there is a “circle of power within the President’s government”.

The Minister, in the letter had accused the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Dr . Maikanti Baru of insubordination and humiliation.

Kachikwu had also expressed disappointment at the fact that he had no express access to the president.

But speaking on Channels Television, on Wednesday, Sani said Kachikwu’s letter showed that there was a system disconnect in the government circle.

According to the lawmaker, the letter had shown that there was a government within Buhari’s government.

Sani said, “The content of that letter and the allegations raised also raise a number of issues, not only about the NNPC but about the whole structure of governance that exists today.

“If a minister of state can outright say it’s been difficult for him to access channels through which he can present his issues, I think there is a system disconnect there.

“And it is simply giving credence to the fact there exists a government within the government. There are individuals that have formed a shield, a cycle. And I think the issue that it raised in every possible way, is pointing to the fact that there is a cycle of powers within powers itself.”

Clarifying his statement, the lawmaker said the “government within the government” he referred has nothing to do with the kitchen cabinet.

“This is about some persons who have surrounded the president and are exercising powers to themselves and to their advantage and also manipulating power for their own personal interest,” he added.

However, Sani said the President might not be aware of the issues raised in the letter.

“I am of the firm belief that if he is aware of this, he would have taken action.

“And if he is not aware of this and this has been brought to the public fore, then he can now take action on it. But if he says he will not take an action on this issue, then it will certainly stain the integrity of the administration,” he said.
UNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING YET APC CHANGE HAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by maxzzo1(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
This govt is using some pple to enrich himself

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by colli247(m): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
Reference:

Buhari is not the problem. The system is the problem. Sending Buhari away is not going to fundamentally change anything. In the case of the NNPC top dog, you have heard the custom of appointing close confidants by all Presidents to that position in order to steal for them at a very untraceable source (no one from 1957 till date knows exactly what Nigeria produces and sells). So you put Angel Michael and he appoints Angel Gabriel there to cream off.

Just change the bloody system. You as a citizen should not be waiting on right people to run systems badly. You should rather be insisting on bad people to run systems you set right. Be the criteria setter. The citizens should insist on how government is run. Buhari like all other Presidents before him is given too much power. And it corrupts eventually.

The emphasis on the person above the institution is what leads to corruption. Personally I have repeatedly said that the NNPC should be scrapped. It will ruin the best of leadership. How can one man singlehandedly approve amounts in excess of the entire budget of a country. One man. Who will not be seduced by such power. Abeg we should stop deceiving ourselves. We either restructure or crash. There are no options left.

Same thing under the PTF. So much power and latitude was given to him that his boys were running riot all over town, flaunting wealth like there was no tomorrow. Young engineers fresh out of grad school who managed to link up with Afri-projects buying and building mansions all over Asokoro and Maitama within months of joining. Then one fateful day the party was over.

Any democracy without active checks and balances where the people are the chief watchdogs and All devoid of sentiments cannot prosper its people. It's is the system, not Buhari.
NO SUPPORT PMB FOOLS OR YOU TREK FROM OYO TO LAGOS BECAUSE PMB WILL WIN 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by seniorkachion(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
ozoemenaca:
I only pity Kachikwu because raising this issue may cost him his job for speaking out against the cabals

Does he have a job?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Cirj: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
Buhari + APC = mistake . I apologize to Nigerians for voting APC.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by OyiboOyibo(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
In countries where discipline works....Baru wud av been sacked by now.....

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by whatmoreng: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
seunmsg:
BMC will soon issue you a query. How dare you?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani by Tecno66: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nbote:
We've always known their are cabals in charge. After all an ordinary official had d ryt to ask "Who is d Presidency" and nothing happened. So much for I belong to everybody and I belong to nobdy.
He belongs to somebody.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Inspects The "DMGS Roundabout" Project In Onitsha / Senate Minority Caucus Rejects Lauretta Onochie Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Ganduje Dollar Videos: Police Storm Daily Nigeria In Search Of Jaafar Jaafar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.