Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry (720 Views)

If Jonathan Had Defeated Buhari, SEE What Could Have Happened / See What POWER HUNGRY Has Turned People Into / It Appears The PDP Is Not Power Hungry Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by himor: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2010
what if jonathan is power hungry
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by PapaBrowne(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
And so what??
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
himor:

Then, good for him
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2010
what if u had no internet access?
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
aisha2:

what if u had no internet access?

Lol
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by calyx: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2010
Of course he has a right to hunger
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2010
Jonathan became power hungry the very first day he joined politics and asked to be elected.

Nigerians need to learn to get their facts right. There is nothing wrong in being power hungry, what is wrong is being power drunk. Everybody in politics who have sought to be voted for at some point are all power hungry. Otherwise they are the biggers pretendest on earth.

You can not put yourself forward to lead a people and asked to be voted for and then turn around to hide your docility in the claim that you are not  power hungry or that you are trying to be humble.

If Jonathan does not want to lead Nigeria he should quit.

This noise about not being power hungry wont fly in this day and age. However he can tell us he was power hungry right from when he joined politics but have now decided not to be power hungry anymore. That will make more sense but we can only appreciate that if he quits on the basis of no longer being power hungry.

Political leadership is not for those too scared to lead.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by jumobi1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
^^I disagree. SOme just want to help. Power hungry people fight and rig elections and refuse to bow out when they lose. Lots of politicians in Nigeria are settled with other appointments after they lose because they are hungry.
Iweala was NOT power hungry. She wanted to help and freed them when they acted stewpid.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2010
mikeansy:

Jonathan became power hungry the very first day he joined politics and asked to be elected.

Nigerians need to learn to get their facts right. There is nothing wrong in being power hungry, what is wrong is being power drunk. Everybody in politics who have sought to be voted for at some point are all power hungry. Otherwise they are the biggers pretendest on earth.

You can not put yourself forward to lead a people and asked to be voted for and then turn around to hide your docility in the claim that you are not  power hungry or that you are trying to be humble.

If Jonathan does not want to lead Nigeria he should quit.

This noise about not being power hungry wont fly in this day and age. However he can tell us he was power hungry right from when he joined politics but have now decided not to be power hungry anymore. That will make more sense but we can only appreciate that if he quits on the basis of no longer being power hungry.

Political leadership is not for those too scared to lead. 

There is a difference betwn being power hungry and wanting a change.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by princekevo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

There is a difference betwn being power hungry and wanting a change.
So is he making the change?
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
princekevo:

Not yet . . . I never said he will make the change oh, i am just responding to what was said.
I hope he will make the change, however, there is too much for him to overcome to be able to do anything.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by jumobi1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2010
princekevo:

I don't get you.
The point is that not all politicians are power hungry.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Fhemmmy: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2010
jumobi1:

I don't get you.
The point is that not all politicians are power hungry.

True Dat
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by Gbawe: 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
himor:

That is not a bad thing at all. As Mikeansy has stated already ; all politicians are power hungry . Wanting the power to enable you deliver what is in your head is the nature of politics. A potentially great President will never become a great President if he does not seek Presidential power that will enable him to actualise his political vision.

It is sad that in Nigeria being "power hungry" is seen as a bad thing because of how most of our Politicans want powers for the purpose of looting funds instead of delivering good service to those they are meant to serve.

If Jonathan is power hungry for the right reasons then I support that.
Re: What If Jonathan Is Power Hungry by princekevo(m): 5:59am On Mar 09, 2010
Gbawe:

That is not a bad thing at all. As Mikeansy has stated already ; all politicians are power hungry . Wanting the power to enable you deliver what is in your head is the nature of politics. A potentially great President will never become a great President if he does not seek Presidential power that will enable him to actualise his political vision.

It is sad that in Nigeria being "power hungry" is seen as a bad thing because of how most of our Politicans want powers for the purpose of looting funds instead of delivering good service to those they are meant to serve.

If Jonathan is power hungry for the right reasons then I support that.
Exactly my brother. You can achieve something when u are hungry for it. Tell me any politician in the world that is not hungry for power except one. When Obama was campaigning for power you can see the hunger in his eyes, the hunger for power and for change. These two things goes together, you can never change anything without the power to change them. For Jonathan to acquire the 100% power he needs to make any change, he need to thirst for power. let the people around him feel it and know it that he desire for power, only then they can sit up and began to fear and respect him.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua Group Wants Seven Key Ministries / 2011: Senate Approves Independent Candidacy and frees Inec From The President / The Mafians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.