Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary (31174 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / ‘I Rely On Sex Work To Survive,’ - Policewoman / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by jashar(f): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
hmm....
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by free2ryhme: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
buffalowings:

And you had to quote the whole thing undecided

is it your quote

2 Likes

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Obaf1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Papiikush:
So you teaching people how to come and suffer in Lagos? For how long? To what end? undecided

If you know your salary is peanut (below 40k) I'll just advise you to go back to your village. There are better chances you can survive with that amount there because Your salary Na another person transportation fee in a month.

***I'll Rather live as a lion in the jungle than a dog in the city***.
u jst quate my signature sir, all d same weldon to ur currage
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by MaestroID(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ninethmare:
5) Get a girlfriend and stop fuccking prostitutes

Dis one just weak me...
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by ebby9z(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
What is all these Lagos this, Lagos that. Lagos is not the only city in Nigeria, Lagos is not the only place you can hustle and make money in Nigeria, there are plenty people in Lagos who, despite their long years, still roll in abject poverty.
If you're in another city earning a decent living, Pls remain there and live a decent comfortable lifestyle.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Tattooboy: 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Money can be made from bet9ja. Just use ur brain.

1 Like

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by shekauvsbuhari: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
OboOlora:
Nice one BushBaby abi wetin b ur name. This is more like it, not all those internet gibberish Nairametrics copy and paste for us here.

Let me also add this: If u must cum, please masturbate instead of paying olosho 5k for one round. hahahaha, be in control of ur own happiness.
baby, is that picture I am seeing there you? If its u, lets exchange digits.
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by nwakibie3(m): 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Keeppushing:
If you spend all your money on the above, which one would you use to [b]acquire training and certifications that can give you an edge in the job search market?[/b]

This to me is the best part of the write up by the op. Certifications will always give you an edge in the Job market.

Utilize this opportunity and acquire the best ICT/IT skill(s) at a 30% discount this October by clicking the link

Enjoy 30% discount on any ICT/IT course of your choice this October with the best IT training Institute

what are the courses u offer in IT?
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by 4starstunna(m): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
must u stay in lagos
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by 400billionman: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ninethmare:
5. Get a girlfriend and stop fuccking prostitutes

You do short time today
Tomorrow you do overnight
Before the middle of the month you are broke

My brother take a bold step and talk to a lady and make her your girlfriend.

Believe me you will have enough to save

Okay
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by ikbnice(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ninethmare:

You do short time today

economically, d later should be considered.
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by rozayx5(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Pavore9:
Am still of the opinion that so many people struggling in Lagos have no business being in Lagos in the first place as anyone who is smart enough to think outside the box can earn well irrespective of location within Nigeria.

i hold same view

why leave clean Uyo and go suffer in Lag traffic

i stay in the south still getting it lit

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Worksunlimited: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ninethmare:

Says who?

Abi na that tym your real problem start.. Money for hair, money for upkeep, money for recharge card, money for clothe.. Money! Money! Money!

3 Likes

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by ubunja(m): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
4 ways to survive in lagos with a small salary :
1: have another source of income... LOL how idiotic.if u have another source of income then u won't be "surviving on a small salary" now would you Ha ha ha
Nigerians can be stupid

2 Likes

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by RSVP: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
You got two options in Lagos.. Is either you massively become successful or you become a pauper.

Lagos ilu awon iya lipsrsealed
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by raystanley(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Are you asking how to survive in Lagos with a small salary? Or you have gotten an offer that is quite small and thinking of how to survive with it? I am going to give you real-life tips that would help you maximize your little salary and give you a bit of comfort from it.

The truth is that to survive with a low salary is extremely difficult. But with these ideas, you can pull the trick. The eventuality of this article depends on your spending discipline. If you don’t have low spending habits, I don’t think this write-up will do you good.

You can use these tips to survive in Lagos even if you are married and don’t earn so much.

If you are going to survive in Lagos with a small salary, then these tips should be at your fingertips. See them below.

1. Have another Source of Income

To survive in Lagos with a small salary, you need multiple streams of income. Even those who earn high find it difficult to survive on one stream of income, talk-less of you with earns such a low salary. It may be a general anthem in Nigeria, but I know that 50k can rent me a good self-contain house in Ibadan – but the reverse is the case in Lagos. This is one of the ways to even earn an extra income with your full time job

Earning such a low salary in Lagos should propel you towards thinking deep about other alternate means of making money. If you work in a place where you are paid low, and still don’t have time, then I guess you should quit (Hard decision with lots of benefits). There are other sources of income that can fetch you money on the side, a majority of them don’t even need any tangible amount of capital to start (I will write about it, later on, just subscribe to the post and get it in your inbox).

If you earn… let’s say 30k, and you have another stream of income that fetches you 20k or more monthly. You can spend the 30k salary all you want, and use the other as your savings – doesn’t it sound nice?

2. Learn to go the Distance

Those legs were made for a purpose, and it was designed basically for trekking. I remember when I came to Lagos newly and was placed on a 50k salary; I tried to keep up with the bus and bike lifestyle. Along the line, I discovered that I was always a debtor before the month runs out.

The month I decided to cover some short distances by trekking, instead of entering a tricycle; that was when I had enough to spare even after month end. I knew I had to survive in Lagos with my small salary, that made me take that decision.

Instead of biking just to cover a short distance, why not go the distance and save up the amount of money for something much more important?

Imagine you saving 100 Naira from your transport fare daily, couple with your main savings?

3. Flexing isn’t meant for everyone

It might be tempting to just go out and catch your fun once in a while, but if you are to survive in Lagos with a small salary, then you should strike this off your to-do list.

If you earn a small salary in Lagos, then I don’t think flexing is for you. You are not alone in this position, as there are others who are in similar position.

If you insist on spending 5k every weekend just to catch fun, you should know that…

5,000 x 4 weeks = 20,000 naira.

Imagine you earn 50,000 Naira, how would you manage and get those dreams in your head come to pass?

4. Avoid Unnecessary Spending

Gambling (Bet9ja, Nairabet)

Data Bundles (For streaming live videos)

Recharge Cards spending, etc. should be avoided.

The goal is not to remain like this for life; it is actually meant to be a phase of hard savings while waiting for better opportunities.
You need to have some money that would help you engage in things that would enhance your job search.

If you spend all your money on the above, which one would you use to acquire training and certifications that can give you an edge in the job search market?

Lagos is filled with opportunities, but you have to sacrifice lots of things just to remain there. To survive in Lagos with a small salary is a full-time job on its own, so you should mind how you spend unnecessarily.

I would have loved to mention other tips like;

Budgeting
Feeding (Eating at home)
Saving
Cohabiting with friends.
But I also guess that you should have known already. The basic point I wish to point out is that all underpaid job seekers should endeavour to get other sources of income, whether you are in Lagos or not.

It isn’t difficult starting it, and it boils down to sheer diligence and hard work. If you own a laptop and you data subscription, and you aren’t making money online, then I believe something is wrong.

Would you love to know some Businesses to go into? Please subscribe and get a wonderful business idea from me. Leave your ideas and comments about the post in the comment section of the blog.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/survive-in-lagos-with-a-small-salary/

lalasticlala
ok op...
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Dollarship(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ninethmare:

You do short time today

Girlfriend that will be asking for somethings nko
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by hAlexandro(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin grin grin undecided like the day I trekked from ladipo to ikeja along but the spirit kept urging me to make it a little more to cement
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Keeppushing: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
nwakibie3:

what are the courses u offer in IT?

We offer all IT courses.

call me 07034401770
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by dsavant(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=BiafranBushBoy post=61125289]Are you asking how to survive in Lagos with a small salary? Or you have gotten an offer that is quite small and thinking of how to survive with it? I am going to give you real-life tips that would help you maximize your little salary and give you a bit of comfort from it.

The truth is that to survive with a low salary is extremely difficult. But with these ideas, you can pull the trick. The eventuality of this article depends on your spending discipline. If you don’t have low spending habits, I don’t think this write-up will do you good.

You can use these tips to survive in Lagos even if you are married and don’t earn so much.

If you are going to survive in Lagos with a small salary, then these tips should be at your fingertips. See them below.

To survive in Lagos with a small salary, you need multiple streams of income. Even those who earn high find it difficult to survive on one stream of income, talk-less of you with earns such a low salary. It may be a general anthem in Nigeria, but I know that 50k can rent me a good self-contain house in Ibadan – but the reverse is the case in Lagos. This is one of the ways to even earn an extra income with your full time job

Earning such a low salary in Lagos should propel you towards thinking deep about other alternate means of making money. If you work in a place where you are paid low, and still don’t have time, then I guess you should quit (Hard decision with lots of benefits). There are other sources of income that can fetch you money on the side, a majority of them don’t even need any tangible amount of capital to start (I will write about it, later on, just subscribe to the post and get it in your inbox).

If you earn… let’s say 30k, and you have another stream of income that fetches you 20k or more monthly. You can spend the 30k salary all you want, and use the other as your savings – doesn’t it sound nice?

Those legs were made for a purpose, and it was designed basically for trekking. I remember when I came to Lagos newly and was placed on a 50k salary; I tried to keep up with the bus and bike lifestyle. Along the line, I discovered that I was always a debtor before the month runs out.

The month I decided to cover some short distances by trekking, instead of entering a tricycle; that was when I had enough to spare even after month end. I knew I had to survive in Lagos with my small salary, that made me take that decision.

Instead of biking just to cover a short distance, why not go the distance and save up the amount of money for something much more important?

Imagine you saving 100 Naira from your transport fare daily, couple with your main savings?

It might be tempting to just go out and catch your fun once in a while, but if you are to survive in Lagos with a small salary, then you should strike this off your to-do list.

If you earn a small salary in Lagos, then I don’t think flexing is for you. You are not alone in this position, as there are others who are in similar position.

If you insist on spending 5k every weekend just to catch fun, you should know that…

Imagine you earn 50,000 Naira, how would you manage and get those dreams in your head come to pass?

The goal is not to remain like this for life; it is actually meant to be a phase of hard savings while waiting for better opportunities.
You need to have some money that would help you engage in things that would enhance your job search.

If you spend all your money on the above, which one would you use to acquire training and certifications that can give you an edge in the job search market?

Lagos is filled with opportunities, but you have to sacrifice lots of things just to remain there. To survive in Lagos with a small salary is a full-time job on its own, so you should mind how you spend unnecessarily.

Budgeting
Feeding (Eating at home)
Saving
Cohabiting with friends.
But I also guess that you should have known already. The basic point I wish to point out is that all underpaid job seekers should endeavour to get other sources of income, whether you are in Lagos or not.

It isn’t difficult starting it, and it boils down to sheer diligence and hard work. If you own a laptop and you data subscription, and you aren’t making money online, then I believe something is wrong.

Would you love to know some Businesses to go into? Please subscribe and get a wonderful business idea from me. Leave your ideas and comments about the post in the comment section of the blog.

I think I need some injections from u. It has hit me so hard.
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by dsavant(m): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
Someone please help me in this Lagos . It has already hit so hard on me ,but I refused to quit
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Flawlessangel(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
tecnolad:
Thanks for this piece. Now I know how to handle myself when I finally relocate to Lagos

Don't come here. It's overpopulated already
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Flawlessangel(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
dsavant:
Someone please help me in this Lagos . It has already hit so hard on me ,but I refused to quite

Whatsapp 07033845876. Let me show u good investment
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Flawlessangel(m): 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
shekauvsbuhari:
baby, is that picture I am seeing there you? If its u, lets exchange digits.

Its not her picture, the name of that girl in the pic is mermaidmonroe on Instagram
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by ladycomfort(f): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Flawlessangel:

Don't come here. It's overpopulated already

but you have refused to leave lagos undecided
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by ladycomfort(f): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
tecnolad:
Thanks for this piece. Now I know how to handle myself when I finally relocate to Lagos

come to lagos if you want to..., so many opportunities around here kiss kiss

dont listen to the hypocrites that have refused to leave lagos but advising you not to come sad
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Obodo999(m): 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
5. Avoid women - they are leeches and parasites. I hate broke Ladies.

1 Like

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by shekauvsbuhari: 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Flawlessangel:

Its not her picture, the name of that girl in the pic is mermaidmonroe on Instagram
thanks dear for ur info.. I doubted its her but who knows? Sometimes miracles do happen where you least expect.
Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Basic123: 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Are you asking how to survive in Lagos with a small salary? Or you have gotten an offer that is quite small and thinking of how to survive with it? I am going to give you real-life tips that would help you maximize your little salary and give you a bit of comfort from it.

Budgeting
Feeding (Eating at home)
Saving
Cohabiting with friends.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/survive-in-lagos-with-a-small-salary/

lalasticlala

LIAR

50k CAN NOT RENT YOU A GOOD SELF CONTAIN IN IBADAN CITY

i'm looking for one and they are not requesting for less than 150k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by YourToysStore: 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
I love this post, talking about a good additional source of income is by learning how to start a mini importation business this Sunday and Monday on WhatsApp...

Join this 2-day mini importation business seminar holding live on WhatsApp.

I must tell you so many testimonies from our previous seminars.

DATE: 8-9th October, 2017.
TIME:8pm daily
VENUE: WhatsApp
FEE: N1,000 (covers training materials)

Training materials include:
*An e-book on mini importation business.

*A list of 30 hot in demand products that sells fast even in Sambisa forest.

*An e-book on how to write a good business plan.

*Contacts of everyone you would need in this importation business from fastest and cheapest shipping agents, logistics companies, sourcing agents in China /US, Jumia agent and lots more.

You receive mentorship even after the seminar.

You don't want to miss this opportunity.

For more enquiry, Call/WhatsApp 08039316029

Re: 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary by Coloradvantage(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
yemififi:
Money must be made.
Without a lot of money, one will find living a good life difficult in any part of the world.
Money is what makes the world go round.
Money is what makes pastors pray for u fervently.
Money is what makes honey possible.
Money will buy u a place in heaven.
I say again:
Money must be made
na by to say money is a must its more than that sir abi madam! I love your reasons of chasing money... lol!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / ICAN Or ANAN Which One Is More Preferable / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.