Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? (5008 Views)

Which Nigerian Bank Is Best For Kid Account / "Parents!, Never Show Much Love To A Child Than The Rest!" / Is It Right For A Man To Show Too Much Love To His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Oluwasetemi Oluwanimifishe Oluwasoromidayo Adaobi Hadiza Ese.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
I so much love this name... "Omotoke". Even tho, I'm not Nigerian, I love the name. kiss

Then I also like, "Adachi". kiss

You should name your child. "Omo Wobe". Its a good name wink

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Daeylar(f): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
ImaIma1:

You take life too seriously. Calm down and breathe.

Even my name is overused and common in my tribe.
[b] If i enter a gathering of my tribe people and someone calls my name, I am sure 100 of us will turn. There are names like that have been recycled over the years.
It is not a tribal war. So many new names...people are creative with names.

Keep your condescension to yourself dear kiss

That's how tribal wars start here, you'll see a beautiful thread, rush in, only to see this tribe vs that tribe, not a single reasonable comment,

Anyways I'm done

3 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by makydebbie(f): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
truthsayer009:

No thanks.
SunshineG send me a PM containing your number, I've lost it.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
truthsayer009:

Smh.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
No thanks.
SunshineG send me a PM containing your number, I've lost it.
Owk no p
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by makydebbie(f): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
sunshineG:
Owk no p
Just type it and modify asap. Going through mails is stressful for me.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
makydebbie:
Just type it and modify asap. Going through mails is stressful for me.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by makydebbie(f): 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
sunshineG:
Seen, you can modify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by ImaIma1(f): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Daeylar:

Keep your condescension to yourself dear kiss

That's how tribal wars start here, you'll see a beautiful thread, rush in, only to see this tribe vs that tribe, not a single reasonable comment,

Anyways I'm done

You can be done. It's your business. That was my opinion about the names. Stop trying to force a tribal war with your comment.
If you dont like my comment, move ahead.

Condescension in your mind!
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by juman(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
I like the name awolowo.

Name of yoruba modern father.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by missyb08(f): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Tobi? grin
yup yup
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Diamond23(f): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Olaniyi grin
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by YoungLionken(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
Oyindidi:
I didn't know its unisex. I will name my daughter
Haba,first still born first na
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by YoungLionken(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
The Ooni of Ife's full names,Osawemwenze,Bassey,Iyore,Ngele,Ajala,Osas...These are mine favourites
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Oyindidi(f): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
YoungLionken:

Haba,first still born first na
Lol, you know if I carry belle
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Phut(f): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yagazie
Ebuka
Maazi (my godson's name)
Odera
Amara
Ginika(nwa)

2 Likes

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2017
DarkRebel69:
There are nothing like "Nigerian names". There are only "Yoruba names, Igbo names, Ibibio names, Itsekiri names, etcetera". These names have always existed long before the word "Nigeria" bored its way into existence. OP, kindly rectify that error in nomenclature.

My favourites thus far: Oyindamola, Oyinkansola, Toyosi, Onyinye, Moyosore, Somto, Seyi, Akin, Folasolu, Nikechukwu (Nike √).

I only particularly like these names because I know people who bear these names, and because they have proven to be people worth knowing – except "Somto" (My fancy for this one is rather arbitrary. I just like the sound of it. Sounds like a stone pebble dropped into a pool of water.)
That the names existed before the existence of Nigeria does not mean the names are not Nigerian. It may be rightly argued that those names are, first of all, Yorùbá, Igbo, Hausa, Benin, etc names, it may also be argued, at the same time, that the names are Nigerian since the mention of any of those names indicates that the bearer is Nigerian.

Saying that because the names existed before the existence of Nigeria means that they are not Nigerian is akin to saying the only way to be the native of a place is only if your parents are from the place!
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2017
Ladyjumong:
Awwwn, one of them is my name tongue
Which one of them?
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 6:22am On Oct 15, 2017
thefirst:
Which one of them?
chioma
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by nowpresence(f): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2017
ojevwe edesiri akpesiri akpobome Kobiruo
all urhobo names
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Ladyjumong:
chioma
That's a beautiful Igbo name. I love it.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2017
thefirst:
That's a beautiful Igbo name. I love it.
wink
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 15, 2017
Ladyjumong:
wink
what's ur Igbo name?? All my names are Igbo
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2017
Piiko:
what's ur Igbo name?? All my names are Igbo
chioma

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2017
Beautiful name, I have a close friend that's ur namesake
Ladyjumong:
chioma
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2017
Piiko:
Beautiful name, I have a close friend that's ur namesake
lol urs too, my cousin brother's name.
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2017
Ladyjumong:
lol urs too, my cousin brother's name.
I haven't told u my name joor
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:43am On Oct 15, 2017
Piiko:
I haven't told u my name joor
like i dnt ur name. or is it not chukw*** tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 15, 2017
Ladyjumong:
like i dnt ur name. or is it not chukw*** tongue
Lool true, you owe me
Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Ladyjumong(f): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2017
Piiko:
Lool true, you owe me
tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Names Do You So Much Love? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 15, 2017
Ladyjumong:
tongue
won't u go 2 Church??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girl Just Delivered A Bouncing Baby Boy, Congrats To Me - Photos / Widow Jumps From A Burning Storey Building In Oke-afa / Strange!!!! Five Year Old Girl Developing Breasts. Graphic Pic Inside..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.