Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? (8602 Views)

Tax Clearance And VAT Certificate For New Company. / Everything You Need To Know About Value Added Tax (VAT) / How To Apply For A Tax Identification Number (TIN) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? by jideflash(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
my external accountant just completed my TIN registration, he also applied for VAT for my company. But now he told me the TIN registration number is the same with the VAT number. please how true is this, as i wanted to register my company for as govt agency vendor, they ask for tin number and vat number separately.
Re: Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? by Taiwo20(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Your TIN is your firm's identity with govt. You quote it for every transaction with the govt. Your Tin number is required for VAT registration. I don't think there's anything like VAT number.

Your individual identity with the state tax agency is your Payer ID.

Are you satisfied with my answer?

1 Like

Re: Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? by Humblega(m): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Taiwo20:
Your TIN is your firm's identity with govt. You quote it for every transaction with the govt. Your Tin number is required for VAT registration. I don't think there's anything like VAT number.

how can 1 register for TIN
Re: Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? by Taiwo20(m): 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Humblega:

how can 1 register for TIN

go to the nearest FIRS tax close to your company...or call me
Re: Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? by jideflash(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yes, thanks alot
Taiwo20:

(1) (Reply)

Neat And Clean Tokunbo Swamp Buggy Cat 325c By Wilco / Diesel Price Has Fallen By 42%, Says NNPC / Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.